Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He’s also had a pop at Charles’ parenting skills. Looks like he’s burning his bridges! “Prince Harry today blasted Prince Charles' parenting as he poured his heart out to a US mental health podcast and said he moved to LA with his family to 'break the cycle' of 'pain' he suffered as a member of the Royal Family and needed to 'change that for my own kids'.”

So he breaks the cycle of being in the spotlight by being in the spotlight !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He’s also had a pop at Charles’ parenting skills. Looks like he’s burning his bridges! “Prince Harry today blasted Prince Charles' parenting as he poured his heart out to a US mental health podcast and said he moved to LA with his family to 'break the cycle' of 'pain' he suffered as a member of the Royal Family and needed to 'change that for my own kids'.”

And he wonders why his security was cut.. Eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did he ? That’s a change from saying that Charles was there for him big time when his mother died. He does seem to be throwing bombs and burning bridges.

And he’s admitted on camera that he’s been at therapy in the years after his mother died but now he’s saying it wasn’t until Meghan came along that he went there. So which is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

something sinister came to my mind which could be an explanation why Harry is behaving in this irritating and not really understandable manner and eventually why he really wanted to get out of the 'firm'/the RF and is burning all bridges seemingly for good:
    Harry knows something (so Meghan too, and surely the rest of the close members of the RF) which nobody is supposed to know and should never go out public into this world (everybody can imagine now what this could be..). And he must have proof of this.

So all this behaviour, the interview at first, the bullying accusations, is a blackmailing game. The interview was a big warning shot to the RF. Showing we (H+M) mean business. If the 'firm' don't play along to requests whatever nature (money, still providing the highest of security, reputation, titles...whatever it is in general), H+M will consider speaking up in another interview, and that interview would destroy the RF.
    It would also explain why Harry obviously didn't care much about his once much beloved grandfather, giving this disgraceful interview while that man was dying.
    Harry is enraged inside, and we are just seeing him displaying the victim but it could be this rage, his revenge of the endless pain for him what they've done.

It makes also sense he's doing this now, with the back up of his wife. She most probably encouraged him to do this. Wouldn't be possible to do this by himself or with a girlfriend he can't really trust.

I know this is pure speculation, but would explain a lot of this otherwise not understandable behaviour.

And he wonders why his security was cut.. Eejit.

Well that was the UK police not wanting to have to protect them overseas.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well that was the UK police not wanting to have to protect them overseas.

Gossip page, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

In fairness I blame Charles for all this mess..If he'd of kept it in his pants or you know just for his wife, we wouldn't be watching this car crash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Gossip page, I know!

I believe I read a post last year that said Charles had agreed to foot the security bill for xx amount of time when there UK security was removed. They obviously thought they could make him do it indefinitely and when they couldn't...bomb interviews galore are booked in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

tara73 wrote: »
    something sinister came to my mind which could be an explanation why Harry is behaving in this irritating and not really understandable manner and eventually why he really wanted to get out of the 'firm'/the RF and is burning all bridges seemingly for good:
    Harry knows something (so Meghan too, and surely the rest of the close members of the RF) which nobody is supposed to know and should never go out public into this world (everybody can imagine now what this could be..). And he must have proof of this.

So all this behaviour, the interview at first, the bullying accusations, is a blackmailing game. The interview was a big warning shot to the RF. Showing we (H+M) mean business. If the 'firm' don't play along to requests whatever nature (money, still providing the highest of security, reputation, titles...whatever it is in general), H+M will consider speaking up in another interview, and that interview would destroy the RF.
    It would also explain why Harry obviously didn't care much about his once much beloved grandfather, giving this disgraceful interview while that man was dying.
    Harry is enraged inside, and we are just seeing him displaying the victim but it could be this rage, his revenge of the endless pain for him what they've done.

It makes also sense he's doing this now, with the back up of his wife. She most probably encouraged him to do this. Wouldn't be possible to do this by himself or with a girlfriend he can't really trust.

I know this is pure speculation, but would explain a lot of this otherwise not understandable behaviour.

If you're referring to Harry's paternity I think you're on the wrong track.

Harry is the spit of a young Philip. If he wasn't Charles' son he would automatically be a commoner. They're trading on the royalty angle, and would become much less marketable without that, so I don't think either of them would expose the fact that Harry was the result of an affair if it were true.

In fairness I blame Charles for all this mess..If he'd of kept it in his pants or you know just for his wife, we wouldn't be watching this car crash now.

So it’s all Charles fault ? This car crash is because two wealthy famous people didn’t get their way in how they wanted to be in royal family and threw the toys out of the Pram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

If you're referring to Harry's paternity I think you're on the wrong track.

Harry is the spit of a young Philip. If he wasn't Charles' son he would automatically be a commoner. They're trading on the royalty angle, and would become much less marketable without that, so I don't think either of them would expose the fact that Harry was the result of an affair if it were true.

no, not referring to that one. but true, one could think of that one too, but personally I don't believe it either, once saw a pic of young Charles where there was a lot of similarity with Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The BENCH
    By the Duchess Of Success.

I have a little garden bench, with spindly spindly legs line mine

Haz and I like sitting there sloshing Californian wine.

Archie friends play on the lawn with gender neutral toys

Machine guns for the little girls and Barbies for the boys.

Sometimes Harry’s on the bench, just crying out for his dummy

While I console him with a look and our daughter in my tummy.

We’ll call her Dianna-Doria, a name we hold so dear

But those awful English tabloids will call her Dia-Ria.

Harry gets the Rizlas out, we sit and sulk alone

The Duke and Duchess of Nowhere Land

This bench our only throne

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Oh, the inhumanity. Madame Tussaud’s has moved them from Royalty to Hollywood. https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/madame-tussauds-moves-prince-harry-and-meghan-waxworks-from-royals-1126628.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh, the inhumanity. Madame Tussaud’s has moved them from Royalty to Hollywood. https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/madame-tussauds-moves-prince-harry-and-meghan-waxworks-from-royals-1126628.html

Lol, maybe Meg will be cast on RHOBH next?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

If he was the heir rather than the spare, he’d have to deal with the same cr@p and it wouldn’t be the issue he’s making out to be.
    So obvious this couple didn’t like playing second fiddle. So obvious she couldn’t compete with Kate Middleton.
    I think the ‘firm’ is a ridiculous institution, and we may be witnessing the beginning of its end.
    Megan and Harry had the chance to make a clean break without being disrespectful to his family, but they just seem to make everything trashy.
    I don’t think there are any winners in this messy break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Lol, maybe Meg will be cast on RHOBH next?

She wouldn't lower herself, she's a highly regarded humanitarian/philanthropist don't you know. Too busy saving the world, one word salad at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They should be moved to the chamber of horrors

Addle wrote: »
    If he was the heir rather than the spare, he’d have to deal with the same cr@p and it wouldn’t be the issue he’s making out to be.
    So obvious this couple didn’t like playing second fiddle. So obvious she couldn’t compete with Kate Middleton.
    I think the ‘firm’ is a ridiculous institution, and we may be witnessing the beginning of its end.
    Megan and Harry had the chance to make a clean break without being disrespectful to his family, but they just seem to make everything trashy.
    I don’t think there are any winners in this messy break up.

Would Meghan have just been playing second fiddle to Kate Middleton though ? Yes, she is the wife of the son of the future king but there’s princess Anne who is ahead of her and Prince Edward's wife Sophie seems high up the ranks.

Anyway as you say they could have just left and done their own thing and I’d say most here would have said “fair play” because it’s a bizarre set up. They wanted the best of both worlds and then it seems they figured out they weren’t to get their way so they decided to give a tell all interview which hasn’t gone as well as they assumed. It’s not a great when people on an Irish message board know more of the rules of the royal family then members of it.

And no there’s no winners and also the fact the interview aired when in hindsight it’s clear Prince Philip was on the way out, has soured the British public more. Blotted the copybook there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

They are more in the spotlight now than when they were in the Royal Family,every interview and appearanve is being reported everywhere.

I wonder if they will do an Ok spread for when the baby is born.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Would Meghan have just been playing second fiddle to Kate Middleton though ? Yes, she is the wife of the son of the future king but there’s princess Anne who is ahead of her and Prince Edward's wife Sophie seems high up the ranks.
    The older William and Kate’s kids get, the less interest there’ll be in the original spare, and his family.
    The linleys and chattos can go about their business with v little attention paid up them.
    Do meg and Harry think they can start their own Camelot in Hollywood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I heard a bit of his podcast interview yesterday. Is there no end to putting nails in his family coffin?
    People were speculative that he may have had regrets over the Oprah interview but this shows he's still intent on sticking the knife into his family.
    He could go about promoting good mental health without airing his family's dirty laundry while doing so. It's like looking at a car crash in slow-motion now and there's noone there to stop it.
    When Meg gets bored of him, he'll literally have no-one to turn to because he's burnt his bridges in the Windsor family. He'll be an ex pat in America and an unwanted embarrassment in the UK.

To thine own self be true

I heard a bit of his podcast interview yesterday. Is there no end to putting nails in his family coffin?
    People were speculative that he may have had regrets over the Oprah interview but this shows he's still intent on sticking the knife into his family.
    He could go about promoting good mental health without airing his family's dirty laundry while doing so. It's like looking at a car crash in slow-motion now and there's noone there to stop it.
    When Meg gets bored of him, he'll literally have no-one to turn to because he's burnt his bridges in the Windsor family. He'll be an ex pat in America and an unwanted embarrassment in the UK.

Are they starting to hit back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭Deeec

Harry needs to learn to shut up. The world doesnt need to know the families internal problems. He is now out of the 'firm' as it were ( as he wanted) and should be concentrating on his ventures instead he keeps bringing up the family issues. I always liked Harry and I think most people did like him - he is going down in popularity fast with this behaviour. I really feel it will all end badly for Harry - his marraige will fail and he wont be welcome back in England. He should also have learnt from what his mother experienced and just stay away from the media.

Deeec wrote: »
    Harry needs to learn to shut up. The world doesnt need to know the families internal problems. He is now out of the 'firm' as it were ( as he wanted) and should be concentrating on his ventures instead he keeps bringing up the family issues. I always liked Harry and I think most people did like him - he is going down in popularity fast with this behaviour. I really feel it will all end badly for Harry - his marraige will fail and he wont be welcome back in England. He should also have learnt from what his mother experienced and just stay away from the media.

Hitting out at his dad and grandmother who are grieving. Low behaviour indeed. Who's next?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You might as well blame the entire establishment particularly the Queen mother and Camilla's family for deeming her an unsuitable bride for the heir and forbidding their relationship. The pressure was on for him to find a virgin bride. Had he been allowed to marry the one woman he's loved all his life, it could have been very different.

Meghan would indeed be second fiddle - Kate is the third highest ranked female in the family at the moment by marriage. (Queen, Camilla, Kate) So in terms of the family get togethers, Meghan would have had to curtsey always to Kate first out of the two of them, but depending on if the heirs are absent both Kate and Meghan would also need to curtsey to Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie due to them being born princesses. It's a fairly convoluted system but it would have been a constant reminder to Meghan of their rank within the family that will only become more distant as George, Charlotte and Louis comes of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,304 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Neyite wrote: »
    Meghan would indeed be second fiddle - Kate is the third highest ranked female in the family at the moment by marriage. (Queen, Camilla, Kate) So in terms of the family get togethers, Meghan would have had to curtsey always to Kate first out of the two of them, but depending on if the heirs are absent both Kate and Meghan would also need to curtsey to Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie due to them being born princesses. It's a fairly convoluted system but it would have been a constant reminder to Meghan of their rank within the family that will only become more distant as George, Charlotte and Louis comes of age.

will be a good The Crown episode, that will boil her....

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

silverharp wrote: »
    will be a good The Crown episode, that will boil her....

She'll be wanting to play herself so she could portray her truth....... as well as asking for loads of money!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hitting out at his dad and grandmother who are grieving. Low behaviour indeed. Who's next?

His timing is once again, spectacular. Not that there is ever a good time to air family stuff of that nature, in public.

He will alienate/ has alienated many in the UK, I imagine, who particularly respect the queen.

I wonder how long he will continue to get an audience for his 'woe is me' statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Interesting take here on Harry’s claims that Meghan encouraged him to get help. The lad can’t be trusted with a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/prince-harry-branded-ruthlessly-cruel-24106583

During the chat with Dax, Harry had heaped praise on Meghan telling listeners it was the former Suits star who encouraged him to speak with professionals but royal expert Angela told hosts Kate Garraway and Ben that the Duke of Sussex was talking "nonsense".

She claimed: "There's also a sort of nonsense there, or a potential nonsense there because he said Meghan told him to go and get help but when I interviewed him at length at Kensington Palace in 2017, I asked him if he was going because Meghan suggested it, has she persuaded you and he said 'absolutely not, she's had nothing to do with it. It was William.'"
    She says Harry told her: "He went on and on that I needed help and that I should get help. First of all I turned him down because the timing wasn't right and I don't like listening to my older brother but he was the one who saved me."
    Angela added: "Either he told me something that's not true or he's saying something that's not true now."

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

His timing is once again, spectacular. Not that there is ever a good time to air family stuff of that nature, in public.

He will alienate/ has alienated many in the UK, I imagine, who particularly respect the queen.

I wonder how long he will continue to get an audience for his 'woe is me' statements.

The other thing is that what they are doing is massively short sighted. Meghan clearly wants to rub shoulders with the proper Hollywood royalty and become part of that circle but that circle are very good at maintaining their own levels of privacy and don't tend to let in loose-lipped people. They certainly won't befriend a couple who've trashed a monarch while her husband was dying, trashed their entire family - on both sides, and continue to make misleading or downright false statements. Their interview was basically Jerry Springer in a fancier setting.

If you were a world-famous celebrity and liked to keep your private life private, would you become close friends with them where they'd know your business? I wouldn't.

Advertisement