Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So is this their plan now? To build profiles for themselves by trashing the Royal Family? Harry is like a jilted ex lover who can’t stop mouthing off. With all that is going on in the world with the pandemic, especially the state of things in India, and with Israel and Palestine; this ever compassionate duo seem to think what the world needs is another woe is me tale by one of the most privileged people on the planet about how hard his life was. He seems to forget that without that very upbringing he would not be living where he is now, in a $14m mansion rubbing shoulders with actual celebs. He would most likely be a university drop out working a regular 9-5 for minimum wage with substance abuse issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Neyite wrote: »
    The other thing is that what they are doing is massively short sighted. Meghan clearly wants to rub shoulders with the proper Hollywood royalty and become part of that circle but that circle are very good at maintaining their own levels of privacy and don't tend to let in loose-lipped people. They certainly won't befriend a couple who've trashed a monarch while her husband was dying, trashed their entire family - on both sides, and continue to make misleading or downright false statements. Their interview was basically Jerry Springer in a fancier setting.

If you were a world-famous celebrity and liked to keep your private life private, would you become close friends with them where they'd know your business? I wouldn't.

Meghan is just tabloid standard, a Maura Higgins level celeb with bonus notions. Hollywood celebs wont go near such a singing canary who is utterly untrustworthy.

Meghans whole idea of escaping the limelight/media involved a fécking Oprah interview :pac:

In fairness I blame Charles for all this mess..If he'd of kept it in his pants or you know just for his wife, we wouldn't be watching this car crash now.

Lol, his wife was well able to mingle.

He really is such an idiot. Just after saying life in California is “so much better”, that he can finally be free and walk around with his shoulders relaxed.. he moves on to bemoan the paparazzi that inhabit the area and their intrusive nature. Is he able to construct a sentence without contradicting himself?

Harry said: "Two days ago Orlando Bloom sent me a message, because he is just down the road and we sort of keep in contact because of the paparazzi.

"He sent me a photograph which his security got of this long-haired guy with a beanie on, ear pods on with his massive camera lying in the back of his 4x4 truck, blacked out windows.

"A woman driving who did the peace sign sitting there as a distraction and he is laid down in the back of this truck taking photographs of them out with their kid."

Prince Hary and his sweet wife Meghan Markle have been in news since they appeared with US TV host Oprah Harry. The Duke blasted the behaviour of the photographer, saying: "How is that normal, how is that acceptable?"

Well, nobody forced you to move to the paparazzi hotspot of the world. He really is thick as mince.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Frogmore was a lot more secure from paperazzi, wasn't it.

Probably a tad cramped considering the gaff they have now though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

He really is such an idiot. Just after saying life in California is “so much better”, that he can finally be free and walk around with his shoulders relaxed.. he moves on to bemoan the paparazzi that inhabit the area and their intrusive nature. Is he able to construct a sentence without contradicting himself?

Harry said: "Two days ago Orlando Bloom sent me a message, because he is just down the road and we sort of keep in contact because of the paparazzi.

"He sent me a photograph which his security got of this long-haired guy with a beanie on, ear pods on with his massive camera lying in the back of his 4x4 truck, blacked out windows.

"A woman driving who did the peace sign sitting there as a distraction and he is laid down in the back of this truck taking photographs of them out with their kid."

Prince Hary and his sweet wife Meghan Markle have been in news since they appeared with US TV host Oprah Harry. The Duke blasted the behaviour of the photographer, saying: "How is that normal, how is that acceptable?"

Well, nobody forced you to move to the paparazzi hotspot of the world. He really is thick as mince.

We don't want media attention...look at us, look at us! And of course, listen to us, listen to us! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Remember the furore about Harry's A-Level art teacher?

I doubt Haz would have even made it as far as university without the help being a prince inevitably brought/bought ...

He doesn't even seem remember what he's said himself, and just gormlessly contradicts himself to suit whatever direction the wind is blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I found that Armchair Expert podcast interview very interesting. Harry is clearly therapied up to his eyeballs, the therapy-speak was so strong throughout. All the talk of "breaking the cycle" and "listening to the body" and "it's not 'what's wrong with you' it's 'what happened to you? is straight out of the psychotherapy playbook.

Therapy is life-changing, I've done it for years myself. However, when it's new there is this process of seeing old situations with new eyes, the revelations of toxic relationships or patterns you had to deal with for decades and how badly they damaged you. And that old cliche, how it wasn't "your fault". What I'm seeing now in Harry is someone who is using all of these new revelations to act out, lash out at the royal family and has no boundaries whatsoever with the press when it comes to "speaking his truth".

That's not the point of therapy. It's about healing and creating boundaries, not blasting all of your deeply intimate learnings about yourself and your family all over the airwaves because you think you have to share this new enlightenment with the world. He might think Prince Charles is "damaged" / "trapped and can't get out" because that's his new enlightened view of the world. Whereas Prince Charles is probably more than happy with the status quo and that's his prerogative. It's massively misplaced and damaging and disloyal to project all over his family so publicly like this.

But he's in La-La-Land now, the land of the enlightened and un-filtered and oversharers anonymous. So there's a brand to be built out of his new oversharing ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

We don't want media attention...look at us, look at us! And of course, listen to us, listen to us! :rolleyes:

We don't want anything to do with the royal family, so glad we left. However, we'll talk about it incessantly because it's the only interesting and marketable thing about us.

The RF should play them at the Hollywood game and send them a cease and desist letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    We don't want anything to do with the royal family, so glad we left. However, we'll talk about it incessantly because it's the only interesting and marketable thing about us.

The RF should play them at the Hollywood game and send them a cease and desist letter.

Never complain, Never explain, Never retain.

They should bite the bullet and just cut them off completely. Persona non grata, titles rescinded...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

valoren wrote: »

They should bite the bullet and just cut them off completely. Persona non grata, titles rescinded...

Well, if Andrew is still, Prince Andrew, Duke of York.....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

His insights into royal life is literally the only interesting thing about this pair, so it's the only thing they have in their lives to capitalise on.

And you just know as well that if (god forbid) anything was to happen to William, Kate & kids the gruesome twosome would be on a plane and back over to take up their positions in line to the throne, quicker than you can say the word compassionate

I think they will but the palace won’t do anything until Meghan has given birth. They won’t want to be seen to be responsible for putting any extra stress on her, as god forbid anything happened to the pregnancy no doubt the palace would get the blame. I’d say once the sprog has sprung the gloves will be off

I think they will but the palace won’t do anything until Meghan has given birth. They won’t want to be seen to be responsible for putting any extra stress on her, as god forbid anything happened to the pregnancy no doubt the palace would get the blame. I’d say once the sprog has sprung the gloves will be off

Oh God, the gruesome twosome would get great mileage out of that - first woman of colour to join the RF and her brave Prince gets drummed out of it. Mean, nasty, racist RF.

The palace are very good at playing the long game and letting things drift into the press. The more these two talk, the more most publications and general public will realise that the are constantly contradicting themselves with every interview. The RF would be best to not dignify it with any response.

Sardonicat wrote: »

Andy is at least now engaging in a bit of omerta or more specifically omorto :)

Andy is at least now engaging in a bit of omerta or more specifically omorto :)

He's still not engaging with the FBI, though. M and M are being entitled brats. Not attractive, but not a crime either. Andy has been accused of something extremely disturbing and serious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Neyite wrote: »
    The palace are very good at playing the long game and letting things drift into the press. The more these two talk, the more most publications and general public will realise that the are constantly contradicting themselves with every interview. The RF would be best to not dignify it with any response.

I agree.

Also, Harry's real (only?) selling point is that he is a member of the Royal Family. Once all the 'insights' and 'revelations' have been churned out, there won't be much left, I think, to keep the audience interested.

Sad state of affairs really, and orchestrated by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I agree.

Also, Harry's real (only?) selling point is that he is a member of the Royal Family. Once all the 'insights' and 'revelations' have been churned out, there won't be much left, I think, to keep the audience interested.

Sad state of affairs really, and orchestrated by themselves.

Whenever they run low on material, another visit home can always be arranged. If not, I'm sure meghans journals have plenty to cash in on. No doubt the good stuff is being saved for when its really needed lol.

• Advertisement

They can say what they like, but 'recollections may vary' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Sardonicat wrote: »

Did I read somewhere that Prince Edward was getting the title of Duke of York once Charles becomes King?

lrushe wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that Prince Edward was getting the title of Duke of York once Charles becomes King?

I would imagine he will get the Duke of Edinburgh title.
    Duke of York is clearly taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

bubblypop wrote: »

I'm aware it's taken that's why I was asking, thanks for clearing that up!

bubblypop wrote: »

He'll be getting it soon, I think. After an appropriate and respectful period of mourning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Harry will hardly dare show his face at the unveiling of his mother's statue??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’ll be a bad look if he doesn’t show up though. I mean William doesn’t have tell him anything of importance or maybe he tells him something obviously false and wait to see it reported by “sources close to Harry and Meghan(well they don’t want to be royals anymore so give them their wish) tell us” and the palace will know that Harry is telling people everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Wagatha Christie part 2!

Addle wrote: »
    Wagatha Christie part 2!

Miss Markle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Better question is he wanted (by the royals) or allowed to (by Meghan), I doubt his mum would be proud of his media chasing antics anyway so he should know himself to stay away.

Advertisement