Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

pjohnson wrote: »
    Better question is he wanted (by the royals) or allowed to (by Meghan), I doubt his mum would be proud of his media chasing antics anyway so he should know himself to stay away.

He didn't lick the media chasing antics off the ground, his mother was streets ahead of him in manipulating the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Their pal Omid has written a rather one sided article.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He didn't lick the media chasing antics off the ground, his mother was streets ahead of him in manipulating the press.

And is thought to have regretted it?
    If she was alive now, she’d be a ‘real housewife’ somewhere.

Addle wrote: »
    And is thought to have regretted it?
    If she was alive now, she’d be a ‘real housewife’ somewhere.

Yeah, sure ... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Would Meghan have just been playing second fiddle to Kate Middleton though ? Yes, she is the wife of the son of the future king but there’s princess Anne who is ahead of her and Prince Edward's wife Sophie seems high up the ranks.

Anyway as you say they could have just left and done their own thing and I’d say most here would have said “fair play” because it’s a bizarre set up. They wanted the best of both worlds and then it seems they figured out they weren’t to get their way so they decided to give a tell all interview which hasn’t gone as well as they assumed. It’s not a great when people on an Irish message board know more of the rules of the royal family then members of it.

And no there’s no winners and also the fact the interview aired when in hindsight it’s clear Prince Philip was on the way out, has soured the British public more. Blotted the copybook there.

True dat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also, nice that he shat over his recently widowed grandmother and late grandfather in his latest poor me utterances. What I’ve found interesting is the amount of times people who follow the royal family as correspondents have basically said “that’s not true” to so many of the claims they’ve made.

This is from the Times. Very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

wanted to listen to this armchair whatever podcast with Harry. OMG, could only do 15 min. I mean, what he's saying (up to that time) is not stupid, it's very true but the set up! This hosts are sooo trashy and cringeworthy. How they go on about him at the start (when he's not there), gossiping about him and the RF, admitting without hesitation they know nothing about the RF, main subject his nakedness in LV and how he's not 'stiff' as they expected from a royal. I laughed out loud when the guy finished their 'analysis' with a dry, american: he's just a red duuuuude.:p

Then this guy is talking about his terrible upbringing and his addictions. I have everything but respect for people with tough upbringing and getting themselves seemingly out of it, but the presentation of it all is just so trashy. Two just bitchy hosts.

It seems Harry wants to show with all means he's a 'normal' person now. But he puts himself in the gutter by putting himself seemingly in-line with this people. He's going too far. Just cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭md23040

Maybe Harry is right enough to expose a dysfunctional family, with emotionally stunted grand parents, the in laws of his mothers side being weird, a mother who had an affair, suffered from bulimia, despression, died in dubious circumstances as a result of an emotionally stunted father who had an open marriage after being forced into a baby production matrimony to produce legitimate heirs to the throne. Who then went on to marry his mistress. For a guy who went through all this, sent off to boarding school at 8, joined the army at 19 and has his own emotional issues, there’s a lot going on in the mix.

This is a family that formally curtsies to granny, formally shakes hands and a peck on the cheek. Maybe he’s right to expose the whole charade and he’s jumped the gun before the whole thing is downsized with the same stuffy attitudes persisting and sense of entitlement.

At least before it all goes tits up he’ll have $500m in his sky rocket, nice family and lifestyle to boot. Not sure if I would have anything to do with a dysfunctional father like Charles that’s done what he’s done. Charles was a victim too of his parents. And yes it does transfer through so maybe he’s right to break the cycle, cause a bit of controversy and have a few pound in bank account.

md23040 wrote: »
    Maybe Harry is right enough to expose a dysfunctional family, with emotionally stunted grand parents, the in laws of his mothers side being weird, a mother who had an affair, suffered from bulimia, despression, died in dubious circumstances as a result of an emotionally stunted father who had an open marriage after being forced into a baby production matrimony to produce legitimate heirs to the throne. Who then went on to marry his mistress. For a guy who went through all this, sent off to boarding school at 8, joined the army at 19 and has his own emotional issues, there’s a lot going on in the mix.

This is a family that formally curtsies to granny, formally shakes hands and a peck on the cheek. Maybe he’s right to expose the whole charade and he’s jumped the gun before the whole thing is downsized with the same stuffy attitudes persisting and sense of entitlement.

At least before it all goes tits up he’ll have $500m in his sky rocket, nice family and lifestyle to boot. Not sure if I would have anything to do with a dysfunctional father like Charles that’s done what he’s done. Charles was a victim too of his parents. And yes it does transfer through so maybe he’s right to break the cycle, cause a bit of controversy and have a few pound in bank account.

Diana died in a car crash. Unless you’re into the conspiracy theories which I’m not.

You’re talking as if none of the weird and strange ways of the royal family were unknown to the world prior to Harry and Meghan bravely(sarcasm klaxon) exposing this. It’s been known for years what way they are but for a family so terrible, I don’t see Harry and Meghan given up the titles as Meghan is holding onto the duchess title.

• Advertisement

Zzz and repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Zzz and repeat!

If that is true they are a pair of scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The more they speak the clearer it becomes that Meghan was only laying low for all of 2020 due to her ongoing case against ANL. Sure she couldn’t be seen to be suing for breach of privacy while she and and Haznone were in the papers every other day mouthing off. Now that is settled we are seeing the true Meghan and Harry. Bad spirited and professional whingers

Absolutely, totally agree.

They're going to run out of dirty laundry at some stage. There's also the risk that as more lies are exposed any truths will also be discounted.

They could be washed up, bitter and discredited nobodies in a few short years.

They're going to run out of dirty laundry at some stage. There's also the risk that as more lies are exposed any truths will also be discounted.

They could be washed up, bitter and discredited nobodies in a few short years.

His biographer remembers a different scenario.

“ She told viewers: "There's a potential nonsense there.

"He said Meghan told him to go and get help.

"But when I interviewed at length in Kensington Palace in 2017, I asked him if he was going because Meghan suggested it.

"I asked if she had persuaded him."

Ms Levin continued: "He said, 'Absolutely not, she's had nothing to do with it, it was William'.

"He said is brother went on and on that he needed help and should get help.

"He said first of all he turned William down because the time wasn't right.

"He said he didn't like listening to his older brother like all second sons."”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1436004/prince-harry-podcast-dax-shepard-meghan-markle-news-royal-family-biography-angela-levin-vn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So apparently there's calls from RF courtiers for them to give up their titles altogether. Makes sense, if they hate the royal family and life so much, why are they using and benefitting from the titles?
    'The Duke of Sussex has now spent a significant amount of time emphasising that he's no different to anyone else and attacking the institution which he says has caused him so much pain. There is a growing feeling that if you dislike the institution that much, you shouldn't have the titles.'

Laying bare the toxicity that now exists between the Sussexes and the wider Royal Family, another source said: 'They should put the titles into abeyance, so they still exist, but are not used, like they agreed to do with their HRHs.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So apparently there's calls from RF courtiers for them to give up their titles altogether. Makes sense, if they hate the royal family and life so much, why are they using the titles.

It does make sense. That would call their bluff. “Alright lads you’ve clearly got an issue with us, so why don’t you give up the titles ?” If Meghan and Harry give up their titles then what’s special about them ? In Hollywood and that world they need something to stand out and their titles were that something. I mean without it Harry just a English ginger lad, and Meghan is an actress who doesn’t talk to the majority of her family. Not especially unique is it ?

Set them free. It’s what they want, after all.......Or is it?

Meagain wants to be a Princess, but doesn’t really want to settle for a Duchess. Life sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It does make sense. That would call their bluff. “Alright lads you’ve clearly got an issue with us, so why don’t you give up the titles ?” If Meghan and Harry give up their titles then what’s special about them ? In Hollywood and that world they need something to stand out and their titles were that something. I mean without it Harry just a English ginger lad, and Meghan is an actress who doesn’t talk to the majority of her family. Not especially unique is it ?

I would love if the palace said they are taking the titles back to prevent any further genetic pain. You have to laugh at Harry going on about genetic pain, that’s something usually reserved for victims of the holocaust or victims of true oppression like slavery. Not some pampered donut who was so privileged he had his teachers pass his exams for him because he was such a thicko. He really has all the American therapy lingo off verbatim

• Advertisement

The aides must have gotten the go ahead from senior royals to discuss this? Meghan appears to be very quiet in the whole thing recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

They won't give their titles as it is the only thing they have to trade off.

Parliament can't take the titles (a petition was already sent) and I don't be believe the queen can (or would).

They have to renounce them. There are procedures in place for people do so..it is generally done for those who want to hold political office in the UK. Now I believe MM will run for some sort of office in the USA over the next decade. Her UK title would not hold her back from that.

A couple more cartoons from last year. Proving quite true!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm starting to think that Harry is having some sort of a breakdown or mental health crisis. This behaviour is not normal at all. Really bizarre.

The aides must have gotten the go ahead from senior royals to discuss this? Meghan appears to be very quiet in the whole thing recently.

I doubt there was anything officially said to the aides but I could see the palace not being overly annoyed by this being out there. I mean the palace can’t come straight out due to the “never complain, never explain” mantra but Harry and Meghan have been throwing stuff at them so it’s not surprising that there’s been push back.

The phrase go big or go home comes to mind. And honestly they’ve gone fairly fair already, so why not go the whole hog.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that Harry is having some sort of a breakdown or mental health crisis. This behaviour is not normal at all. Really bizarre.

There is something up alright because even with the mental health issues since his mother died(honestly couldn’t imagine that happening at 12) he seemed like a sound enough guy and someone who didn’t take himself seriously. Since he’s married Megan he seems more on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

There is something up alright because even with the mental health issues since his mother died(honestly couldn’t imagine that happening at 12) he seemed like a sound enough guy and someone who didn’t take himself seriously. Since he’s married Megan he seems more on edge.

He's reminding me a lot of his mother. I wonder if he has inherited her issues?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He's reminding me a lot of his mother. I wonder if he has inherited her issues?

I don’t know but the way he’s taking about his family, he could end up with a family that won’t ever talk to him again if at some point in the future he wants to patch things up.

• Advertisement

Oh, Dear. Have they shot themselves in the foot?

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex face questions over their partnership with an American cosmetics firm that makes tens of millions of pounds a year selling 'racist' skin-whitening creams.

Meghan and Harry last week announced their Archewell Foundation had signed a 'global partnership' with US multi-national Procter & Gamble (P&G) to 'build more compassionate communities'.

But the deal has thrown a spotlight on P&G's hugely controversial sale in Asia and Africa of skin-lightening creams, which reduce the concentration or production of melanin – the natural pigment that gives human skin its colour.

Campaigners have demanded that P&G and other major firms stop selling such creams. ”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9582709/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-facing-storm-deal-firm-Procter-Gamble.html

Advertisement