Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

hamburgham wrote: »
    Very hard to believe he's happily married. Since he met Markle he has two looks, either completely lost or angry.

If he's not careful he'll be the next person to be "markled". He makes himself look more ridiculous and stupid with each interview, if he keeps on he'll become more of a liability to their brand and I dont doubt he'll he dropped once his usefulness runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    If he's not careful he'll be the next person to be "markled". He makes himself look more ridiculous and stupid with each interview, if he keeps on he'll become more of a liability to their brand and I dont doubt he'll he dropped once his usefulness runs out.

You make him some like a stage of a rocket launch that once it’s used up it’s jettisoned. You’d think Harry would be in the back of his head wise to this, whether he wants to believe it or not.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ceadaoin. wrote: »

I've often wondered just how much they actually know each other, given everything going on surrounding them and their relationship.

Like, they met in July 2016, announced their engagement in Nov 2017, sixteen months later, during which she moved continents, got a new (very demanding) job, and planned a massive televised wedding by May 2018. So when they got married they didn't know each other a full two years.

Then within 3 months of the wedding she was was straight into pregnancy and all that entails, having Archie almost an exact year after the wedding. Barely getting their heads around being parents and the post natal stuff there, meanwhile they'd gutted Frogmore, and redone it, moved to Canada, moved again to California, a miscarriage and another baby on the way.

That's not even counting any of the royal stuff, the Markle stuff, or the several law suits they've done during that time. Add into that, it seems they were putting out feelers to for branding opportunities.

How much time of the last few years was spent on actually getting to know one another as a couple, and not being distracted by all that stuff?

Now I know that there's plenty of couples that know from the first few dates that they have met their lifelong partner, but to me it starting to feel like that they need to do this Us-Against-The-World thing constantly because if they don't, if they take time out of all that rat-racing and chasing down their haters, they might find out they've not a huge amount else to say to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Treat people with dignity!!?

Is this for real? A show on Apple tv (what's apple tv anyway..) on mental health with Oprah and Harry?

Please tell me it's a hoax. Otherwise it's getting worse now day by day..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

tara73 wrote: »
    Is this for real? A show on Apple tv (what's apple tv anyway..) on mental health with Oprah and Harry?

Apple TV ? It’s a streaming service from apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

tara73 wrote: »

Sadly not. They are not going to stop anytime soon by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Don’t be surprised if they get their own chat show with DeGeneres retiring or whatever, there’s a vacancy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Harry just offended half of all Americans, claiming the 1st ammendment of the US constitution is Bonkers!

Watch this space for endorsement cancellations, Megan won't be best pleased after all her pouting nonsense.

Never felt Harry was the brightest bulb in the pack but this won't end well, you don't critise the American constitution if you want hand outs from Americans.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Totally unrelated but one of Bill's daughters is stunningly beautiful. She really won the genetic lottery in that family!

The one referred to as ‘elder Jennifer’! I wouodn’t be happy with that!! She is stunning - takes after her mother - but they’re all v good looking ‘kids’. I guess if your parents are giving away 130 BILLION to charity they’d be some extra attention & money in the pot for diet/gyms/skincare/personal keep-fit/memberships/training!!

Whats the story about Harry being a total thicko? Apart from the proof her has given us himself recently by his own decisions. I remember years ago teading that he had given up one of his 2 O Levels to focus on the other!! And him at Eton with private tutors in a 30,000 PA secondary school! I seem to recall doing 8 or 9 subjects for the LC - not one !!

Guy seems to be really out of his depth in non protected ‘adult’ life - seems such a pity where he’s been lead as he was always somewhat the adored pet of the british as a child/young and silent adult. Seems a shame to keep digging the hole of hatred deeper every time he goes on air.

MM has a lot to answer for. I wonder what his 7 year ex Chelsea thinks of his totally lead sefl-distruct? He’d have been far better in SA on their private estate with her. Poor choice Harry - thou I think she Chelsea removed that option from him.

How ofd to have always been the eligable prince
    everyone dropped. Bar Money Meggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The one referred to as ‘elder Jennifer’! I wouodn’t be happy with that!! She is stunning - takes after her mother - but they’re all v good looking ‘kids’. I guess if your parents are giving away 130 BILLION to charity they’d be some extra attention & money in the pot for diet/gyms/skincare/personal keep-fit/memberships/training!!

Whats the story about Harry being a total thicko? Apart from the proof her has given us himself recently by his own decisions. I remember years ago teading that he had given up one of his 2 O Levels to focus on the other!! And him at Eton with private tutors in a 30,000 PA secondary school! I seem to recall doing 8 or 9 subjects for the LC - not one !!

Guy seems to be really out of his depth in non protected ‘adult’ life - seems such a pity where he’s been lead as he was always somewhat the adored pet of the british as a child/young and silent adult. Seems a shame to keep digging the hole of hatred deeper every time he goes on air.

MM has a lot to answer for. I wonder what his 7 year ex Chelsea thinks of his totally lead sefl-distruct? He’d have been far better in SA on their private estate with her. Poor choice Harry - thou I think she Chelsea removed that option from him.

How ofd to have always been the eligable prince
    everyone dropped. Bar Money Meggie.

this is just wishful thinking.
    mm has nothing to answer for her and is not responsible for harry's doings and sayings.
    harry is a grown adult and is responsible for his actions, he knows what he is doing and saying.
    the fact he was the adored pet of the british as a child is exactly why there is a whole load of nonsense surrounding what is really, man and wife emigrate to another country, and speak openly about their lives.
    it is also why people are unable to deal with his decisions and deal with the reality that he knows his own mind, people see that child and are unable to except that he is now a grown man.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

this is just wishful thinking.
    mm has nothing to answer for her and is not responsible for harry's doings and sayings.
    harry is a grown adult and is responsible for his actions, he knows what he is doing and saying.
    the fact he was the adored pet of the british as a child is exactly why there is a whole load of nonsense surrounding what is really, man and wife emigrate to another country, and speak openly about their lives.
    it is also why people are unable to deal with his decisions and deal with the reality that he knows his own mind, people see that child and are unable to except that he is now a grown man.

A grown man whinging about how his Dad won't pay for him and his wife anymore.

Harry never spoke out against the Royal family in public before he met her so what is happening now is the result. She didn't want the royal duties. She wasn't going to be hob nobbing with the rich and famous of Hollywood being stuck at Buckingham Palace.

I mean you had the nauseating and embarrassing episode of Harry trying to pitch her to Hollywood producers on a red carpet a few years ago.

She will never be an A list actress. Her only role in a Hollywood film was a 30 second scene as a courier driver in Horrible Bosses, ten years ago.

They bring nothing new to the world in terms of "influencing" except to be a beacon for more people to feel that they too can have a victim complex based on their own version of truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I do feel a bit of sympathy for Harry. He seems to have been completely reprogrammed. She's convinced him that turning his own family into a trainwreck is their USP and brand while stories about her family dramas are bad for the brand and need to be suppressed by legal action if necessary.

Crazy to think this is the same woman who pleaded with her dad to 'stop talking to the press and we will protect you' and that Kate should just STFU and do what she's told because Meghan's dad was in the news before her wedding.

I think it's clear she is encouraging him to push the spin that it was all his idea to leave and how unbearable life had been. You just can't have people thinking she might have manipulated him into alienating himself from the entire family when all along they said it was the press they had a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Would any of us publicly criticise a past employer if we are looking for a new one? Is it wise to criticise a past employer if it is the only one that has given you any status or employability? The Royal Family was the goose that laid the golden eggs for them. Both seem to think that they are special and unique rather than being (former) participants in an institution that is unique. Doesn't it seem stupid to attack the one thing they had going for them? Would any prospective employers or partners not get influenced by the prospect of them blabbing if it didn’t work out?

They, and their swollen heads, left under the pretense of being harassed by the media. Any sane person knows that the gutter tabloid press is trash and toxic. That was initially posited as their reason for leaving i.e. I don't want what happened to my Mum to happen to my wife. Fair enough, you do what you feel you have to do to protect your family. Unfortunately, a virus put paid to the pressing of the flesh and the rubbing of shoulders with the LA set and their move away descended into total and utter irrelevance. Far more important matters weighed on people's minds. This whole "genetic pain" BS and escaping from the callous "firm" and the racist family is simply a pair of manipulators who are incapable of admitting fault attempting to justify their jaunt abroad and latch onto what is becoming the Mental Health industry (i.e. promoting only the "good" side of it such as seeking help for depression, it's ok to not be ok etc). If they were allowed to keep their HRH titles, their patronages, their security, all their perks then we would hear absolutely nothing from them except their promotions of the services and products that are making them multi-millionaires and they would be just clever enough to understand that it would be absolutely stupid of them to bite the supposedly “trapped” Royal hands back in the UK that are propping them up.

Foxes anchor man has a go at Harry. “ 'In a way I kind of feel sorry for you because you seem torn between your new bride and your family back in England.

'Understand this is the same First Amendment that allowed you and your wife to trash your own family in the Oprah Winfrey interview. You and Meghan were allowed to accuse your family of racism.

'We don't really need lectures about customs or sacred freedoms, and by the way you're free to go home, make amends at the Palace with the people that you and your wife hurt deeply.' ”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9590173/Right-royal-pain-Hannity-slams-Harry-calling-Amendment-bonkers.html

One thing I just noticed is the title of their book:
    Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family

Obviously the ridiculousness of "finding freedom" is self-evident.

But the "Making of a Modern Royal Family" bit is intriguing.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the thought process behind that.

Foxes anchor man has a go at Harry. “ 'In a way I kind of feel sorry for you because you seem torn between your new bride and your family back in England.

'Understand this is the same First Amendment that allowed you and your wife to trash your own family in the Oprah Winfrey interview. You and Meghan were allowed to accuse your family of racism.

'We don't really need lectures about customs or sacred freedoms, and by the way you're free to go home, make amends at the Palace with the people that you and your wife hurt deeply.' ”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9590173/Right-royal-pain-Hannity-slams-Harry-calling-Amendment-bonkers.html

The chickens are coming home to roost. The scorched earth policy of Meghan works fine when you are ghosting family or friends who've outlived their usefulness. But once you become A-list you really need to be a little diplomatic and not alienate your target "audience". Unfortunately with every utterance like this, the Americans will start to open their eyes to what the Brits can already see regarding H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why was Harry so critical of the first amendment? Sure isn’t that one of the (supposed) reasons himself and the wife left, because they weren’t allowed to speak up in situations and use their voices? And they felt oppressed? I’d say he didn’t even know what amendment he was on about. And if he does, then it’s clear he is a massive hypocrite who wants the freedom to speak about whatever he wants whenever he wants, accuse people of things like racism without proof all he likes — but anyone else having an opposing opinion to that is “bonkers”.
    The more he speaks the more of a laughing stock he becomes.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They want free speech for themselves. They just don't want the press and other people to have free speech.

Rather regal of them, if a bit old fashioned. Henry VIII would approve. He was rather fond of cutting out people in his family when they were no longer of use too, though his methods were a tad more irreversible than theirs.

Maybe that's what they mean by a Modern Royal Family?

Neyite wrote: »
    They want free speech for themselves. They just don't want the press and other people to have free speech.

Rather regal of them, if a bit old fashioned. Henry VIII would approve. He was rather fond of cutting out people in his family when they were no longer of use too, though his methods were a tad more irreversible than theirs.

Maybe that's what they mean by a Modern Royal Family?

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the thought process behind that.

When they couldn't make a Modern RF .i.e. do whatever in the hell they wanted things turned sour. Amazing how two trapped people had to be made give up their HRM and patronages isn't it. Normally when people flee a life they've been trapped into, they want absolutely nothing got to do with that old life..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Why was Harry so critical of the first amendment? Sure isn’t that one of the (supposed) reasons himself and the wife left, because they weren’t allowed to speak up in situations and use their voices? And they felt oppressed? I’d say he didn’t even know what amendment he was on about. And if he does, then it’s clear he is a massive hypocrite who wants the freedom to speak about whatever he wants whenever he wants, accuse people of things like racism without proof all he likes — but anyone else having an opposing opinion to that is “bonkers”.
    The more he speaks the more of a laughing stock he becomes.

I doubt very much he actually knows what the 1st ammendment is, let alone what the US constitution is, Megan will have ample time to explain when their sponsors start dropping them like bad habits

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Harry can't seem to shut up lately....

Odd behaviour......I guess the bit of influence and power goers to most people's heads...

they are no longer working members of the rf. they no longer have to be robots for the british public's entertainment. they don't have to deal with the burocratic and outdated stuff the rf as an institution can bring. they are free to live their own lives as they see fit.
    that most certainly is freedom for them.
    The chickens are coming home to roost. The scorched earth policy of Meghan works fine when you are ghosting family or friends who've outlived their usefulness. But once you become A-list you really need to be a little diplomatic and not alienate your target "audience". Unfortunately with every utterance like this, the Americans will start to open their eyes to what the Brits can already see regarding H&M.

it's a whinger from a right wing news channel making a comment, hardly anything major in fairness.
    i doubt most americans specifically care about them either way apart from being entertained, and there seems to be a lot more belief that both of them were right to make their own life choices within the british public then one would think.
    elements of the british public have only saw what they want to see because either they are angry of their own accord that harry has left the rf, or certain elements of the british press have told them to be angry, but from any discussions elsewhere on this, there seems to be either an attitude of don't care either way, or people have sympathy for them on certain aspects but think perhapse things would ideally have been handled differently, which perhapse in a perfect world it would and could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

He probably meant the second amendment regarding gun laws which made me think of this:

7602jS2.jpg

dogbert27 wrote: »

Harry never spoke out against the Royal family in public before he met her so what is happening now is the result. She didn't want the royal duties. She wasn't going to be hob nobbing with the rich and famous of Hollywood being stuck at Buckingham Palace.

I mean you had the nauseating and embarrassing episode of Harry trying to pitch her to Hollywood producers on a red carpet a few years ago.

She will never be an A list actress. Her only role in a Hollywood film was a 30 second scene as a courier driver in Horrible Bosses, ten years ago.

They bring nothing new to the world in terms of "influencing" except to be a beacon for more people to feel that they too can have a victim complex based on their own version of truth.

a grown man making a statement that was massively over exagerrated into a claim of him whinging about his dad not paying for him and his wife anymore when that wasn't what was said at all, is more like it.
    and that was harry's problem, he could not express his feelings about his lot openly before, he can now and good for him.
    sure, she probably didn't want the royal duties, i couldn't blame her, the biggest non-issue in history, tbh.
    she may never be an a-list actress but so what? that's life, her problem either way and is a non-issue, not everyone is going to be a-list or any list for that matter.
    they don't need to bring anything new to the world, in fact only a select few ever do bring anything new to the world, all they need to do is just be themselves and live their lives how they see fit, which is what they are doing.
    they are gone from the rf, they won't be returning to being working royals, even if they divorce harry does not want to return to being a working royal, it's time to except it and move on.
    MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I do feel a bit of sympathy for Harry. He seems to have been completely reprogrammed. She's convinced him that turning his own family into a trainwreck is their USP and brand while stories about her family dramas are bad for the brand and need to be suppressed by legal action if necessary.

Crazy to think this is the same woman who pleaded with her dad to 'stop talking to the press and we will protect you' and that Kate should just STFU and do what she's told because Meghan's dad was in the news before her wedding.

I think it's clear she is encouraging him to push the spin that it was all his idea to leave and how unbearable life had been. You just can't have people thinking she might have manipulated him into alienating himself from the entire family when all along they said it was the press they had a problem with.

well yes, obviously that poor little puppy has been reprogrammed to go and live his own life rather then simply being a robot for the entertainment of the british public and the sun and daiily mail as he was supposed to be.
    harry's own family have been a train wreck for decades, it's not even their fault, it's just the way it is being part of an institution such as the rf and the nonsense that goes with it.
    for all the wealth and privilage that being part of the rf brings, there is a lot to be said for simply getting the hell out of it if you have a chance.
    her family are also a train wreck and she chooses to handle things differently, which is her choice ultimately.
    she never said kate should just STFU and do what she's told because Meghan's dad was in the news before her wedding, that seems to be just daily mail or the sun type nonsense.
    you think it's clear she is encouraging him to push the spin that it was all his idea to leave and how unbearable life had been, however when we look at all available information that theory is not credible.
    i get that it's probably what you so so badly want to believe, so as to fit the narative that the big bad megsy stole ar puppy hazza from his family and the public, but it's just not credible.
    you can have people thinking she might have manipulated him into alienating himself from the entire family when all along they said it was the press they had a problem with away, but it's not credible going on all available information and it simply comes across as wanting/believeing things to be a certain way so as to fit the above already mentioned narative.
    it was absolutely elements of the british press they had an issue with, it's as clear as day, and it's clear as day people hang on every word of those elements of the british press, hence we have the narative of harry been taken away/stolen from his family, when really he simply chose his own life and emmigrated.

valoren wrote: »
    Would any of us publicly criticise a past employer if we are looking for a new one? Is it wise to criticise a past employer if it is the only one that has given you any status or employability? The Royal Family was the goose that laid the golden eggs for them. Both seem to think that they are special and unique rather than being (former) participants in an institution that is unique. Doesn't it seem stupid to attack the one thing they had going for them? Would any prospective employers or partners not get influenced by the prospect of them blabbing if it didn’t work out?

They, and their swollen heads, left under the pretense of being harassed by the media. Any sane person knows that the gutter tabloid press is trash and toxic. That was initially posited as their reason for leaving i.e. I don't want what happened to my Mum to happen to my wife. Fair enough, you do what you feel you have to do to protect your family. Unfortunately, a virus put paid to the pressing of the flesh and the rubbing of shoulders with the LA set and their move away descended into total and utter irrelevance. Far more important matters weighed on people's minds. This whole "genetic pain" BS and escaping from the callous "firm" and the racist family is simply a pair of manipulators who are incapable of admitting fault attempting to justify their jaunt abroad and latch onto what is becoming the Mental Health industry (i.e. promoting only the "good" side of it such as seeking help for depression, it's ok to not be ok etc). If they were allowed to keep their HRH titles, their patronages, their security, all their perks then we would hear absolutely nothing from them except their promotions of the services and products that are making them multi-millionaires and they would be just clever enough to understand that it would be absolutely stupid of them to bite the supposedly “trapped” Royal hands back in the UK that are propping them up.

members of the royal family have made racist comments and gaffs which have been documented.
    the firm/institution/whatever one wants to call it is burocratic, so it's not surprising that both of them with a more modern outlook and who wanted to do things differently within it while contributing to it would ultimately find things difficult to impossible.
    so based on those realities, the idea that stating those facts is simply a pair of manipulators who are incapable of admitting fault attempting to justify their jaunt abroad and latch onto what is becoming the Mental Health industry is just another narative that has been created that some want to believe, since a number of the same people making that claim seem to suggest that harry doesn't know his own mind, for which if he was a master manipulator then he would have to do so.
    the truth is that when we get down to it, they have a lot less fault to admit to then the rf as an institution, certain elements of the british press, and certain members of meghan's own family, and not to mention both of them have admitted fault themselves.
    we will never know what we would have heard about had they remained working members of the rf, they might have just opened up anyway come what may, they may have just stuck to talking about their patronages and business interests, we will never know either way and tbh it's a non-issue, they have made their choices and i'm in no doubt they are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

dogbert27 wrote: »

When was that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

When was that? :eek:

Here.

• Advertisement

He also turned down attending a memorial service for the Royal Marines in order to pimp out the wife to the boss of Disney

Advertisement