Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He also turned down attending a memorial service for the Royal Marines in order to pimp out the wife to the boss of Disney

Shows where his priorities are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

He also turned down attending a memorial service for the Royal Marines in order to pimp out the wife to the boss of Disney

according to?

Shows where his priorities are.

and that's his choice.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

according to?

and that's his choice.

It's widely accepted that he did this

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/did-harry-put-disney-networking-before-the-royal-marines-

Yeah, its his choice but not a good look for a person who at the the time was the Captain General of the royal marines and expected to attend. I read that many military members were disgusted with him after that. He has no right to complain about having his military titles stripped. That's the consequence of his own choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They're quickly turning into a laughing stock. Meggers really should have warned Hazard that Americans are fiercely patriotic and proud of their constitution.

He just doesn't seem to like the rules wherever he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Here.

https://twitter.com/inklessPW/status/1216388926132432896?s=20

Here's the video of it. This whole clip is a study of awkwardness. :o:o:o:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's widely accepted that he did this

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/did-harry-put-disney-networking-before-the-royal-marines-

Yeah, its his choice but not a good look for a person who at the the time was the Captain General of the royal marines and expected to attend. I read that many military members were disgusted with him after that. He has no right to complain about having his military titles stripped. That's the consequence of his own choices.
    his military titles were stripped because they don't exist when not being a working member of the rf from what i can gather, they weren't stripped because he apparently didn't attend an event.
    i'm sure other military members weren't bothered about him not attending the event as well, different military members will have different views on the matter so i wouldn't take some being disgusted over him not attending as any big thing.
    they could have written a better head line for that article though, the existing one seems to be about whipping up outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

his military titles were stripped because they don't exist when not being a working member of the rf from what i can gather, they weren't stripped because he apparently didn't attend an event.

I didn't say they were stripped because he didn't attend the event? He allegedly isn't happy about losing the military titles, even though they were entirely honorary and at the discretion of the queen. My point was he has little right to complain when he put schmoozing with Beyonce above supporting his fellow royal marines. Doesn't stop him though. Poor, hard done by Harry.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I didn't say they were stripped because he didn't attend the event? He allegedly isn't happy about losing the military titles, even though they were entirely honorary and at the discretion of the queen. My point was he has little right to complain when he put schmoozing with Beyonce above supporting his fellow royal marines. Doesn't stop him though. Poor, hard done by Harry.

he earned those titles in fairness so i completely get and understand that he would be upset he no longer has them even though they are honoury and i wouldn't criticise him for being so.
    i am sure he would have postponed or re-arranged his business meeting if he could have.

he earned those titles in fairness so i don't blame him for being upset he no longer has them even though they are honoury.
    also he can pick and choose what events he does and doesn't attend now as he is free so the fact he had to unfortunately prioritise a business meeting is just unfortunate.

How does one 'earn' honoury titles?

bubblypop wrote: »
    How does one 'earn' honoury titles?

he served in the military and was a working member of the rf.

• Advertisement

he served in the military and was a working member of the rf.

He didn't earn titles in his career in the military.
    He was handed honoury titles, he didn't earn them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Cringe at Haz angling for the voiceover work for Megain.

How decidedly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Interesting if it's true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s their third anniversary today. Of course not really today because we all know they got married three days before ;)
    The traditional gift for the 3rd anniversary is leather. I’m sure Meghan already has a whip for Harry so no point getting them one of those.

Revealed on H&M’s third wedding anniversary. Lol

Revealed on H&M’s third wedding anniversary. Lol

Well now, doesn't this look like the other Royals are striking back. Makes a change of H&M stealing everyone else's thunder. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It’s their third anniversary today. Of course not really today because we all know they got married three days before ;)
    The traditional gift for the 3rd anniversary is leather. I’m sure Meghan already has a whip for Harry so no point getting them one of those.

Lol, that's like a tattle post ;)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I tell ya they have a neck like leather, or is that brass?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Neyite wrote: »
    Nicely done, Bea. :D

The whole Beatrice scenario was sketchy. I was always surprised that she didn’t receive more flack from media about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

BettyS wrote: »
    The whole Beatrice scenario was sketchy. I was always surprised that she didn’t receive more flack from media about it

What did she do? I didn't even know she was married!

Sardonicat wrote: »

She met her now husband, at her sister's wedding in 2018. He had a partner, mother of his, now 4 year old child, at that time......................
    Scandalous!!!!!!

So, the rumours say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Sardonicat wrote: »

She started dating her husband when his son was only a couple of months old. I think the baby momma got a shock

Ah that’s horrible if true :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

BettyS wrote: »

You mean her wedding? Ah I think she pulled it off perfectly. I did read somewhere that she was never a fan of the big royal weddings and never did want that kind of day - probably because they've also been targets for ridicule on formal events by the tabloids for what they wear.

Lockdown and the pandemic actually worked in her favour there and borrowing that vintage dress from the Queen worked really well in channelling that wartime wedding vibe that's present in lots of pandemic weddings. And the picture with the Queen & Philip is especially poignant.

The way I see it is that only her father is responsible for his actions but any other kind of wedding day for her would have had pages of it being linked to Epstein if her father was in any of the photos. This way, to link her wedding to a trafficking investigation in the tabloids could only come across as pretty shítty even for a tabloid when it's clear they went to a lot of effort to keep him well out of the picture on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

So the trailer that was released is for a series with just Oprah Winfrey and Harry Markle?

Cringe at Haz angling for the voiceover work for Megain.

How decidedly common.

Sooooo déclassé, dahling.

Interesting if it's true!!

Only if Meghan said she was same age as that guy. Did she?

• Advertisement

She started dating her husband when his son was only a couple of months old. I think the baby momma got a shock

Oh wow I did not know that. TBH I don't generally follow news about the other members of RF. I would click for news about H & W because I completely fell for click bait :eek:

Advertisement