Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

BettyS wrote: »
    The whole Beatrice scenario was sketchy. I was always surprised that she didn’t receive more flack from media about it
    Neyite wrote: »
    You mean her wedding?

No, I think she means Beatrice and her now husband getting together when his son by his then partner was only a few months old. The partner apparently got unceremoniously dumped.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

No, I think she means Beatrice and her now husband getting together when his son by his then partner was only a few months old. The partner apparently got unceremoniously dumped.

I remember now. It indicates two self centered people all right, but he's far worse because he was in a relationship and had a newborn. Though supposedly the ex and the couple seem to be on very friendly terms so that's good I suppose for the children involved.

I remember now. It indicates two self centered people all right, but he's far worse because he was in a relationship with a newborn. Though supposedly the ex and the couple seem to be on very friendly terms so that's good I suppose for the children involved.

:eek::P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I see Will and Kate have a picture of themselves on Howth Head on their Twitter bio. First time I’ve ever looked at it, needless to say, not a word about the third wedding anniversary.
    Must be a sad day for Harry, that it’s come to this only 3 years after the wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Really dislikable pair.

Think Meghan is very controlling. It's like Harry views her as Diana and he's trying to re-write history by "saving" Meghan from the media.

Wouldn't like to cross paths with the likes of Meghan, she's a nasty piece of work.

Harry better hope she sticks around because his only option then is to go back with his tail between his legs.

Wouldn't be a fan of the Royals at all but William and Kate seem genuinely nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

None of the Royal Family social media accounts have wished H&M a happy anniversary. Things must be very sour indeed!

hamburgham wrote: »
    I see Will and Kate have a picture of themselves on Howth Head on their Twitter bio. First time I’ve ever looked at it, needless to say, not a word about the third wedding anniversary.
    Must be a sad day for Harry, that it’s come to this only 3 years after the wedding day.
    None of the Royal Family social media accounts have wished H&M a happy anniversary. Things must be very sour indeed!

I wonder did they on the first and second anniversaries? I'm far too lazy to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

He's after making a right tool of himself. Threw away everything. He won't be happy with her, and he can't go back home. Hard to see where he'll end up. It's going to be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I wonder did they on the first and second anniversaries? I'm far too lazy to check.

I took one for the team and checked. They did on the first anniversary but nothing last year. They have wished Archie a happy birthday though, both this year and last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Everything on both sides is so contrived.
    How can one side continually seem to get it so wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Revealed on H&M’s third wedding anniversary. Lol

I think this puts to bed the theories earlier in the thread that they had no problem with Eugenies wedding day being overshadowed by Meghan announcing her pregnancy and wearing a maternity coat to fuel speculation and dominate the headlines. Revenge is a dish best served cold lol

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I think this puts to bed the theories earlier in the thread that they had no problem with Eugenies wedding day being overshadowed by Meghan announcing her pregnancy and wearing a maternity coat to fuel speculation and dominate the headlines. Revenge is a dish best served cold lol

Well, the more I think about it, the more I think that was a really crappy move on the part of Meghan and Harry, if done intentionally. Imagine that goss coming out at the reception? The news would spread from table to table in no time and suddenly the newlyweds aren’t the centre of attention anymore.

However, I guess it depends on two things - was it noticed that Meghan was refusing alcohol on the day and was her bump showing? On the former point, there are various excuses one can give for not drinking but it would certainly get tongues wagging. On the latter point, that’s a bit more tricky. Was her pregnancy showing on the day of Eugenie’s wedding? If so, then it genuinely might not have been intentional on the part of Harry and Meghan to reveal the news. They couldn’t put their life on hold and delay getting pregnant just because they had a big upcoming wedding to attend. You don’t know how long it will take to get pregnant and Meghan was in her late 30s. Dilly dallying wasn’t really an option.

How far along was the pregnancy on the day of Eugenie’s wedding? Could Meghan have hid the news for a bit longer or was it obvious that she was pregnant?

Well, the more I think about it, the more I think that was a really crappy move on the part of Meghan and Harry, if done intentionally. Imagine that goss coming out at the reception? The news would spread from table to table in no time and suddenly the newlyweds aren’t the centre of attention anymore.

However, I guess it depends on two things - was it noticed that Meghan was refusing alcohol on the day and was her bump showing? On the former point, there are various excuses one can give for not drinking but it would certainly get tongues wagging. On the latter point, that’s a bit more tricky. Was her pregnancy showing on the day of Eugenie’s wedding? If so, then it genuinely might not have been intentional on the part of Harry and Meghan to reveal the news. They couldn’t put their life on hold and delay getting pregnant just because they had a big upcoming wedding to attend. You don’t know how long it will take to get pregnant and Meghan was in her late 30s. Dilly dallying wasn’t really an option.

How far along was the pregnancy on the day of Eugenie’s wedding? Could Meghan have hid the news for a bit longer or was it obvious that she was pregnant?

She would have been about 10 weeks pregnant. Too early to be making an announcement or to be showing.

She would have been about 10 weeks pregnant. Too early to be making an announcement or to be showing.

So maybe people noticed she wasn’t having champagne or any other alcohol? There was some mention of her wearing a maternity coat. I have no idea what that is. :o:o:o

I’m just not trying to jump to conclusions here. Is it possible that the news of her pregnancy came out accidentally on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

So maybe people noticed she wasn’t having champagne or any other alcohol? There was some mention of her wearing a maternity coat. I have no idea what that is. :o:o:o

I’m just not trying to jump to conclusions here. Is it possible that the news of her pregnancy came out accidentally on the day?

They're generally quite flowy and swingy if that makes sense? She definitely could have worn something less maternity-ish, while still being comfy (I'm sure having to drag yourself to a massive wedding at 10 weeks feels like bloody torture).

I think she's a total ego maniac, and he's a very dim man. It'll all come crashing down and then he'll blame the meedja for killing his marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She knew well what she was doing at that wedding. Of course she knew people would be watching her and would notice she’d left the bottom buttons on her coat undone. She also knew what people would immediately think when they noticed. There was a picture of her in a tight leather skirt with no bump showing after the wedding so it’s clear what she was at.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

A maternity coat is very voluminous in the bump area - it's designed to specifically cater for a heavily pregnant woman. The rest of the coat like the back or side panels usually are unchanged. Modern designs are often designed to accentuate a bump rather than minimise it. But I don't think her coat was a full maternity one, because it she did, it would be all collapsed in the front. From what I can make out, it was a standard coat - probably even a slim fitting one, and it was the way she buttoned up over the bump which made the unbuttoned one even more obvious. This was a definite "I'm Preggers, shhhh" move. Nobody would have spotted it if all her buttons were undone. It was such an obvious tell that only Harry putting his ear to her belly and singing nursery rhymes could have been more obvious. I don't know what she had on under the coat but it's very possible that what she wore was tight fitting.

NINTCHDBPICT00044122648022.jpg

We had the wedding streaming at work and literally every woman that was watching all said "preggers" when we saw her - now that's because there was a kind of a bump watch going on with her anyway being newly married and all that so in some ways she was under scrutiny for it anyway.

That's beside the point really. My brother in law spotted I wasn't drinking at 7 weeks. Scoffed at my antibiotics excuse and left it at that. Because while we might twig someone's pregnant, common manners mean that you STFU until that person themselves says they are expecting. So while there might have been a bit of "Is she...?" going on at the wedding, the two of them should have just smiled mysteriously and said nothing. To announce it at any other person's event is absolutely classless.

She knew well what she was doing at that wedding. Of course she knew people would be watching her and would notice she’d left the bottom buttons on her coat undone. She also knew what people would immediately think when they noticed. There was a picture of her in a tight leather skirt with no bump showing after the wedding so it’s clear what she was at.

She wore it on the 25th October nearly two weeks after the wedding. No bump.

A maternity coat is very voluminous in the bump area - it's designed to specifically cater for a heavily pregnant woman. The rest of the coat like the back or side panels usually are unchanged. Modern designs are often designed to accentuate a bump rather than minimise it. But I don't think her coat was a full maternity one, because it she did, it would be all collapsed in the front. From what I can make out, it was a standard coat - probably even a slim fitting one, and it was the way she buttoned up over the bump which made the unbuttoned one even more obvious. This was a definite "I'm Preggers, shhhh" move. Nobody would have spotted it if all her buttons were undone. It was such an obvious tell that only Harry putting his ear to her belly and singing nursery rhymes could have been more obvious. I don't know what she had on under the coat but it's very possible that what she wore was tight fitting.

This has me more confused - there was a buttoned coat and an unbuttoned coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She’d be known in Kerry as a cute hoor:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

From what I can make out, it was a standard coat - probably even a slim fitting one, and it was the way she buttoned up over the bump which made the unbuttoned one even more obvious. This was a definite "I'm Preggers, shhhh" move. Nobody would have spotted it if all her buttons were undone. It was such an obvious tell that only Harry putting his ear to her belly and singing nursery rhymes could have been more obvious. I don't know what she had on under the coat but it's very possible that what she wore was tight fitting.

:D
    True!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭Deeec

By wearing her coat with buttons undone she was inviting speculation from the media. She knows how to get attention.
    Even the way she is standing in that photo looks odd - its like the way a woman stands when she is heavily pregnant.

This has me more confused - there was a buttoned coat and an unbuttoned coat?

I put the picture in a few posts up, where it shows it better than I can explain. It was a coat that has buttons, but only the two above the non-existent bump were buttoned. The three below those were unbuttoned. As if they couldn't quite stretch around a bump to button up properly. Except two weeks later she's out in a tight leather skirt with zero bump.

Any other time that she's worn a coat, it's either been fully closed or fully open that I can see. Except this one time. When she knew it was an event that would be televised world wide.

It would be easy to assume it was a genuine mistake and faux pas of hers, except that they also announced the pregnancy at the wedding. One of those could be a mistake, two is deliberate.

I wonder how cool with it Meghan would have been if someone did it at her wedding? Say if Kate rocked up in a coat signalling to the press she was pregnant, and announced it at her H&M's wedding reception, I don't think it would have gone down well at ALL.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I wonder how cool with it Meghan would have been if someone did it at her wedding? Say if Kate rocked up in a coat signalling to the press she was pregnant, and announced it at her H&M's wedding reception, I don't think it would have gone down well at ALL.

Yes indeed, but they were married beforehand, in the garden...no, wait...:D

Yes indeed, but they were married beforehand, in the garden...no, wait...:D

Forgot that - yes you are quite right!

Well if it wasn't at their real wedding then they'd have been fine with that surely :pac:

I put the picture in a few posts up, where it shows it better than I can explain. It was a coat that has buttons, but only the two above the non-existent bump were buttoned. The three below those were unbuttoned. As if they couldn't quite stretch around a bump to button up properly. Except two weeks later she's out in a tight leather skirt with zero bump.

Any other time that she's worn a coat, it's either been fully closed or fully open that I can see. Except this one time. When she knew it was an event that would be televised world wide.

It would be easy to assume it was a genuine mistake and faux pas of hers, except that they also announced the pregnancy at the wedding. One of those could be a mistake, two is deliberate.

Ah cool, I get it now. I'm incredibly non-maternal and lot of this stuff goes over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She’d be known in Kerry as a cute hoor:P

Or the next level up, in Kerry known as 'a dangerous b!+@#'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

That's beside the point really. My brother in law spotted I wasn't drinking at 7 weeks. Scoffed at my antibiotics excuse and left it at that. Because while we might twig someone's pregnant, common manners mean that you STFU until that person themselves says they are expecting.

He first outed you and then left it at that, how mannerly of him :P

Lillyfae wrote: »
    He first outed you and then left it at that, how mannerly of him :P

To be fair, I'm very close to his wife who knew the instant she saw me that I was duffed. So the only one in the room that didn't know was him, he scoffed, got an elbow dig from the wife and shut up. :D A few months later when we announce the pregnancy he was genuinely surprised and delighted for us so I don't think he really did twig at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The 'coat' posts remind me of the early days of this thread when the naysayers scoffed at the idea of the bride and groom being the centre of attention for the day.

Apparently, Eugenie and her husband shouldn't have been put out at all by the pregnancy reveal ...

Advertisement