Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The 'coat' posts remind me of the early days of this thread when the naysayers scoffed at the idea of the bride and groom being the centre of attention for the day.

Apparently, Eugenie and her husband shouldn't have been put out at all by the pregnancy reveal ...

I've never understood that attitude. It's probably the most expensive party people will throw in their lives for most people, yet it's not supposed to be about the bride and groom? Of course it is. Who else is it about? The way I see it is that when someone who does that kind of thing at someone else's celebration, it tells everyone else that the former is a thunder-stealing attention whore who cannot, for one moment, bear the focus not to be on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Neyite wrote: »
    I've never understood that attitude. It's probably the most expensive party people will throw in their lives for most people, yet it's not supposed to be about the bride and groom? Of course it is. Who else is it about? The way I see it is that when someone who does that kind of thing at someone else's celebration, it tells everyone else that the former is a thunder-stealing attention whore who cannot, for one moment, bear the focus not to be on them.

I completely agree, but it's what the pro-Meggers crowd latched onto. It was actually farcical.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Exactly!

There was a post on the ruined wedding thread in AH, about someone who was to be a guest at a wedding and was planning to make a proposal on the day. :eek:

Fortunately, they realised by the reaction from others when they mentioned it beforehand, that it wasn't such a good idea :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Exactly!

There was a post on the ruined wedding thread in AH, about someone who was to be a guest at a wedding and was planning to make a proposal on the day. :eek:

Fortunately, they realised by the reaction from others when they mentioned it beforehand, that it wasn't such a good idea :rolleyes:

There's someone in the immediate family who I strongly suspect will get her boyfriend to propose at my wedding or announce their engagement at it. I've bet the OH 50 quid. If she does, I'll be graceful and offer a toast but after that make it clear we are getting back to the wedding celebrations for OH and I, that we paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I remember few years ago one cringy moment in a Rose of Tralee, when a guy tried to steal the limelight from his girlfriend by proposing to her on the stage. How awful!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JoChervil wrote: »
    I remember few years ago one cringy moment in a Rose of Tralee, when a guy tried to steal the limelight from his girlfriend by proposing to her on the stage. How awful!

I was watching one of the new Reeling In The Years recently, and it featured a proposal on stage at the Rose of Tralee. It was beyond cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

There's someone in the immediate family who I strongly suspect will get her boyfriend to propose at my wedding or announce their engagement at it. I've bet the OH 50 quid. If she does, I'll be graceful and offer a toast but after that make it clear we are getting back to the wedding celebrations for OH and I, that we paid for.

They'd be told through a 3rd party in passing that it's extremely classless do try and steal someone else's day.
    You can get engaged at any time..most people will only get married once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I was watching one of the new Reeling In The Years recently, and it featured a proposal on stage at the Rose of Tralee. It was beyond cringeworthy.

The Rose of Tralee is vomit inducing cringiness, in fairness, so at least he hot the circumstance right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The Rose of Tralee is vomit inducing cringiness, in fairness, so at least he hot the circumstance right.

:D

But they all have lovely bottoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh yeah. Wasn’t the girl repeatedly saying no ? I mean whatever else you think of the rose of Tralee, to do that on stage took some serious stones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

Attention-hogging and limelight-stealing are two big frickin red flags, folks. They have intuitively been two personal turn-offs since before I could spell n-a-r-c-i-s-s-i-s-m. Never hitch your wagon to that sort, man or woman. Look at poor Haz.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Wasn’t the girl repeatedly saying no ? I mean whatever else you think of the rose of Tralee, to do that on stage took some serious stones.

That is the the one so that was on Reeling in the Years.
    I don't watch the Rose of Tralee so I don't know if there was more than one proposal on stage.
    The girl kept saying no, she seemed really shocked.
    Really attention seeking thing to do, on his part, in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

William and Harry gave separate statements on the findings of the investigation into the famous Panaroma interview. To be honest, I wasn't following that story but it's telling that they didn't give a joint statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It was hilarious. "No, no, no, no...."

So there’s a clip of Prince Harry talking to Oprah for his new Netflix show and **** me, he was worried about returning to the UK for Prince Phillips funeral because he feared it would be “trigger his trauma.” So his main concern was for himself and not his grandmother who’d lost his husband of 73 years. If he was that worried about himself then he should have stayed in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He also manages to make his statement about the bbc to be about him and therapy. Too much f-n therapy. I think it’s an excuse and not a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So there’s a clip of Prince Harry talking to Oprah for his new Netflix show and **** me, he was worried about returning to the UK for Prince Phillips funeral because he feared it would be “trigger his trauma.” So his main concern was for himself and not his grandmother who’d lost his husband of 73 years. If he was that worried about himself then he should have stayed in America.

He cant expect to ever show his face in England again. He cant go the the Diana memorial now.

pjohnson wrote: »
    He cant expect to ever show his face in England again. He cant go the the Diana memorial now.

Well he seems to be doing his best to do that. Obviously the royal family aren’t blameless and did things wrong and maybe weren’t the most caring family all the time, but there was a documentary for the queens birthday when she turned 90 and Harry is in it, and seems to be his happy self and doesn’t **** all over his family when if things were that band 5 years ago he was under no obligation to be in it.

Isn’t the Diana memorial unveiling in June or July ? I think that Meghan giving birth in June or July. I mean does Harry think only he suffered through the loss of his mother ? William probably suffered as much as he did, yet William seems to have been able to get on with his life(no doubt with a lot of help) and from what I’ve seen of his kids(not a lot) is that him staying in the UK hasn't passed on “genetic trauma” to them.

I dislike the use of the word trauma and other words of that nature being used so widely. That and other words carry weight and if they are used for anything then they lose their importance. I mean you have any old celebrity using them when they **** up and say something stupid using those words and how it’s all about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well he seems to be doing his best to do that. Obviously the royal family aren’t blameless and did things wrong and maybe weren’t the most caring family all the time, but there was a documentary for the queens birthday when she turned 90 and Harry is in it, and seems to be his happy self and doesn’t **** all over his family when if things were that band 5 years ago he was under no obligation to be in it.

If living in the Royal family was so stressful, then why don't they renounce their titles and simply walk away? They really want the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Addle wrote: »
    He also manages to make his statement about the bbc to be about him and therapy. Too much f-n therapy. I think it’s an excuse and not a reason.

He really is talking the therapy lingo now.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Christ!
    He really has gone all out to throw his family under the bus hasn't he?

It really puts in stark and bare spotlight the consideration he has for his grandmother in particular.
    i.e zero!

I don't want to relate Harry's experience to my own or to my son's.
    But fúck me! It puts nature v nurture front and centre doesn't it!?
    The support and help offered to William and Harry has generated wildly different outcomes.
    Why, how?

Never complain, never explain may fall by the wayside upon the next monarch.
    Imagine if the receipts are released then!?

If living in the Royal family was so stressful, then why don't they renounce their titles and simply walk away? They really want the best of both worlds.

Ah but you can’t be saying that BRB. Sure if they renounce their title what can Hollywood exploit ? Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9603175/Harry-says-Diana-chased-death-relationship-wasnt-white.html

Harry reveals heavily pregnant Meghan told him HOW she was going to kill herself just before they attended concert at Royal Albert Hall - but didn't because she didn't want him to lose 'another woman in my life'

This is actually emotional abuse. Saying she only didn't kill herself because she didn't want Harry to lose another woman in his life!

What about the unborn baby you self centred, narcissistic twits?!

How about don't kill yourself for that reason? But no, it's due to her concern for Harry.

They do really deserve to be stripped of their titles and kicked out in the cold.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9603175/Harry-says-Diana-chased-death-relationship-wasnt-white.html

Harry reveals heavily pregnant Meghan told him HOW she was going to kill herself just before they attended concert at Royal Albert Hall - but didn't because she didn't want him to lose 'another woman in my life'

This is actually emotional abuse. Saying she only didn't kill herself because she didn't want Harry to lose another woman in his life!

What about the unborn baby you self centred, narcissistic twits?!

How about don't kill yourself for that reason? But no, it's due to her concern for Harry.

They do really deserve to be stripped of their titles and kicked out in the cold.

She TOLD him that she was deeply depressed. So deeply depressed that he hadn’t noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Does he mean the trauma of his mother's funeral? If so, I get that. I have absolutely no doubt that walking behind that coffin in front of billions of people while expected to be all 'stiff upper lip' at 12 years of age was indeed deeply and permanently traumatising. Losing s parent like that at that age is traumatising alone. The mass hysteria around Diana's death must have multiplied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

dogbert27 wrote: »

F*ck me, he's being played like a fiddle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

He is an incredibly weak man, being shaped and manipulated by an ambitious woman to make herself famous while destroying him and his family.

An absolutely toxic woman.

I cannot see this having a happy ending for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think they both can officially be called scumbags now without feeling bad. I always liked Harry like so many in the world, but that's over with this sh*** he's doing.

You don't wash dirty laundry with the media like that as a famous person, especially not as a royal one from the UK, knowingly being one of the most watched person from the tabloids. If you have an issue with something/somebody, try to clear it with the person directly, basic human behaviour from anybody with just basic social skills.

end of, just nothing more to explain for me.

So, Diana was killed because she went out with someone of colour?

“History was repeating itself. My mother was chased to her death while she was in a relationship with someone who wasn’t white," he said.

"And now look what’s happened. You want to talk about history repeating itself? They’re not going to stop until she dies."

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/7020200/meghan-markle-suicide-dead-prince-harry-oprah-interview-latest/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

So, Diana was killed because she went out with someone of colour?

“History was repeating itself. My mother was chased to her death while she was in a relationship with someone who wasn’t white," he said.

"And now look what’s happened. You want to talk about history repeating itself? They’re not going to stop until she dies."

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/7020200/meghan-markle-suicide-dead-prince-harry-oprah-interview-latest/

Gosh, he really is living in an alternate reality now. I’d say his family are seriously worried about his mental health at this stage. Car crash stuff.

Advertisement