Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

walshb wrote: »
    I see her throwaway vacuous claim certainly has worked on you..

But it wasn't her claim, it was Harry's, she just voiced it first and he backed her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TP_CM wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Piers Morgan storm off is completely staged? ITV promotional work? Maybe I'm too cynical. I really don't think he cares one bit about Meghan or Harry or either of their back stories. I don't think he has an ounce of emotion to give that story. Would he be really be bothered.

I didn’t see it but was it full toys of out of the pram kind of storm off ? I’ve no idea what’s going on in piers Morgan’s head(thank Christ) but given his previous form I try not to pay attention to what he says in regards to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Butson wrote: »
    They are not a drain on taxpayers money to be fair.
    They bring in serious tourism and represent the UK around the world.

I hear that argument a lot.

It's costing almost 400 million for Buckingham Palace renovations. Tourists covering that? Doubt it

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    They didn’t actually say anyone mentioned being worried . They simply said a question was asked about how dark the babys skin could be . We have no context for that question .

Meghan said the conversation was about how dark his skin would be, how that would look and what that would mean. I can't see the same being said about red hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

startrek56 wrote: »
    not exactly your everyday normal family in fairness...

she may have done it for her own protection and fair play to them. no one should have to feel like that. look what happened Harry's mother when the royals didnt like her

If she wanted away from them - then that's fine. Though no one with any sense would expect to spread **** about themselves and the inlaws and not expect significant ramifications.

This is just tabloid talk TV trash. The ones I feel sorry for are the kids. As for Diana- I really don't believe the conspiracy theories tbh - up to and including the one where the Queen cut the breaks ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

6 wrote: »
    I hear that argument a lot.

It's costing almost 400 million for Buckingham Palace renovations. Tourists covering that? Doubt it

They were when there were tourists allowed in there pre pandemic. Now obviously not. They opened up Buckingham palace in the 1990 to pay for the repair of Windsor castle after the fire there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Meghan said the conversation was about how dark his skin would be, how that would look and what that would mean. I can't see the same being said about red hair.

To be fair I think she was getting this second hand from Harry. I don't think she knows what exactly was said, and she doesn't know who said it.

The whole family needs a serious think about how they communicate with eachother, that's the real issue here. If someone did say something awful to Harry, he should have immediately called them out on it. He could also have been trying to appear "woke" to his new wife and paraphrased badly. I genuinely think that's the most likely thing to have happened.

walshb wrote: »
    I see her throwaway vacuous claim certainly has worked on you..

An absolute mountain out of a molehill

But she is clever. She used two cards that we all know the media and people latch to. Mental health and racism. Pathetic desperation and childish tacky immature gossiping..

It certainly has worked, though. She gets a huge audience talking about her!

As someone who has an extensive background working in mental health/psychiatry. You shaming somebody over their mental health is quite unsettling. Attitudes like yours are one of the prevalent reason suicide rates are so high in Ireland.

You don't get to decide whether somebody's mental illness is "pathetic" or "desperation".

I hope nobody close to you happens to experience suicidal ideation as you don't seem to understand how serious it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

gozunda wrote: »
    As for Diana- I really don't believe the conspiracy theories tbh - up to and including the one where the Queen cut the breaks ...

You're right...

It was Charlie!!

840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭joseywhales

They have given the american's exactly what they want, after all the internal strife, an easy external target and one they historically dislike anyway. They are tired of being embarrassed by racism in america, this is really perfect for them. Served in a well polished interview with absolutely zero opposition voice or verification even of claims. And they are juicing it, "racism in the royal family" because someone at sometime questioned the skin colour of an unborn(perhaps not yet conceived baby). I have an aunt in her 80's that says racist things occasionally, are we all responsible for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,713 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As someone who has an extensive background working in mental health/psychiatry. You shaming somebody over their mental health is quite unsettling. Attitudes like yours are one of the prevalent reason suicide rates are so high in Ireland.

You don't get to decide whether somebody's mental illness is "pathetic" or "desperation".

I hope nobody close to you happens to experience suicidal ideation as you don't seem to understand how serious it is.

Yes, I am calling complete bull on her suicide claim here..

Lillyfae wrote: »
    To be fair I think she was getting this second hand from Harry. I don't think she knows what exactly was said, and she doesn't know who said it.

The whole family needs a serious think about how they communicate with eachother, that's the real issue here. If someone did say something awful to Harry, he should have immediately called them out on it. He could also have been trying to appear "woke" to his new wife and paraphrased badly. I genuinely think that's the most likely thing to have happened.

I'm sure Meghan and Harry have discussed that conservation may times since it happened, I know if it were me and my husband we would have so I'm not sure how Meghan could have picked him up wrong or if she did that he wouldn't have put her straight about what really happened by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be fair Dazzler he is just sharing his own opinion on boards, Isn't it what the thing is here for ?

Mental health is a very tough conversation ,

I honestly reckon every single human being on this planet has faced dark times in there own mind some deal with it , unfortunately some don't and some use it as an excuse ,

I have an extended family member who without question uses it as an excuse to be an absolute waste of tax payers money whenever they are questioned about there life choices but as you point out its a Taboo to call anyone out on it,

I'm no expert but would it not be better for her to step out of the public eye is her mental health is suffering ?

I'm not judging her just asking a genuine question

I'm sure Meghan and Harry have discussed that conservation may times since it happened, I know if it were me and my husband we would have so I'm not sure how Meghan could have picked him up wrong or if she did that he wouldn't have put her straight about what really happened by now.

If there is already tension in the relationship though it would be very easy to accentuate a negative spin- and the relationships in the family sound very tense. The whole Charles and Camilla thing was never a normal situation, don't know how someone would have been OK with what it did to Diana and how she was used for so long.

EDIT: I'm not saying that the RF don't have the capacity to be racist, I'm just saying that they surely wouldn't have been so stupid as to make comments about potentially bi-racial children. I might be wrong, it just doesn't seem that likely.

My Twitter feed is full of people upset at the monarchy but most of the same people would spend a day watching any future royal wedding as they did the last.

For those of us who are not concerned with the monarchy this is a storm in a teacup.

Meghan is pulling strings on the things people are supposed to care about - mental health and racism.

The monarchy has a lot to answer for historically, this isn’t one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

What sort of disingenuous claptrap are people going on about when they state the mere mention of skin colour re the royal newborn is not racist? It's like tabloid throw-away reasoning to suit my narrow wee mind.. don't ya think they'd know the difference? A clear high-handed way of saying I'm smart to figure it out, but they are clueless. Yeah, right.. lol.

We all know the difference between someone making an odd remark with innocent intent and another with crushing racial or bigoted bias. The RF have form for this. Plenty of evidence of Philip as a nasty old snob insulting many with hateful comments. No evidence whatsoever that MM has misconstrued anything other than the dished-out claptrap, lies and hearsay via the tabloids.

I live in the UK and some of you need to live here with the gammon brexiteer hater rabble, you'd fit right in.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I find her a bit manipulative and showboating. Harry could be a bit more assertive but it looks like he is happy in the back seat. It's all just a soup sandwich of events.

That may be so, but I don't think she was lying about the racist remarks.
    You would want to be insane to do something like that.
    By process of elimination we can guess with accuracy who uttered the infamous words.
    The Queen
    Philip

Charles
    Camilla
    William
    Catherine

Edward
    Andrew
    Anne

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

By process of elimination we can guess with accuracy who uttered the infamous words.
    The Queen
    Philip

Charles
    Camilla
    William
    Catherine

Edward
    Andrew
    Anne

Isn't there another one?

Anne might be a candidate.

The Queen
    Philip

Charles
    Camilla
    William
    Catherine

Edward
    Andrew
    Anne

You need more eliminations. I doubt you are that good at Cluedo.

You need more eliminations. I doubt you are that good at Cluedo.
    Ok Mr. Cluedo, who do you think it was? And why do you think that?

• Advertisement

The Queen
    Philip

Charles
    Camilla
    William
    Catherine

Edward
    Andrew
    Anne

Definitely Anne! She's the out and out baddie in The Crown :pac:. I wouldn't exactly say she's lying, like I said she wouldn't even really know because it was said to Harry, not her. But there were quite a few embellishments of the truth there, the ceremony 3 days before the wedding, Archie's title etc etc- we know that she's not telling the truth with those, although there is an element of truth in both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    What sort of disingenuous claptrap are people going on about when they state the mere mention] of skin colour re the royal newborn is not racist? It's like tabloid throw-away reasoning to suit my narrow wee mind.. don't ya think they'd know the difference? A clear high-handed way of saying I'm smart to figure it out, but they are clueless. Yeah, right.. lol.

We all know the difference between someone making an odd remark with innocent intent and another with crushing racial or bigoted bias. The RF have form for this. Plenty of evidence of Philip as a nasty old snob insulting many with hateful comments. No evidence whatsoever that MM has misconstrued anything other than the dished-out claptrap, lies and hearsay via the tabloids.

I live in the UK and some of you need to live here with the gammon brexiteer hater rabble, you'd fit right in.. :pac:

So you believe the aforementioned reference to skin colour was racist despite the fact we don't what was said or who said it? Interesting perspective there for sure. And theres no possiblity that its not just **** stirring?

Nice bit of the offensive / racist "claptrap" being applied to others I see .

Whole thing reminds me of that Curb episode... from 1:26

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

But it wasn't her claim, it was Harry's, she just voiced it first and he backed her up.

The one thing I got from the interview is.
    What Megan said around the comment and what Harry said around the comment where somewhat different.

Megan lead the conversation saying there was "Concern" around Alfie's skin color or something to that effect which is pretty sinister.

She then went on to imply his skin color was the reason he would not become a prince. (Which as I understand it is factually incorrect)

Harry said the comment came before they got married around what color the kids would be.... Which albeit could still be sinister but it is not the same...

The issue really here is being told part of a story with no context.

Also they where incredibly vague on the timeline to when things where said and when things happened.

I find people do this only to paint a picture they wanted painted and his little to do with the "truth"

Megan and Harry want to talk about not getting support but it is ok to completely wipe their hands of Megan's father after he has a heart attack? Because why? He allowed a photographer to take staged photos instead of the paps hounding him everyday making him look like an overweight alcoholic?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Age and education have nothing to do with a man been lead astray by a women, Would you dare make that statement other way around ?
    Yes? She is also a fully fledged adult, well educated and well experienced in the matter of media circuses. Likewise she is not a naïve little girl blindly following the lead of a dashing prince.

I'm not sure what your point was in this. Sure, anyone at any age can find themselves doing stupid things for love, but in the absence of evidence one has to assume that an actual adult - as opposed to a teenager or young adult - is deciding what is right for themselves and isn't just chasing tail.

I see no indication from the interview that she has manipulated him into doing anything. It appears that he made the majority of the decision to step back and eventually away from his family. He did it to protect his wife & child, but that doesn't mean she was pulling the strings.

One common theme across posts here and in the media is the implication that she's basically faking it. That she's faking and overplaying her mental stress and talk of suicide, in order to create this rift in the royal family.

Which goes to show just how far the world still has to go in terms of taking these discussions seriously.

Ok Mr. Cluedo, who do you think it was? And why do you think that?

No idea and don’t care. Hilarious hillocks the whole thing.

Probably Anne. Possibly nobody.

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Definitely Anne! She's the out and out baddie in The Crown :pac:. I wouldn't exactly say she's lying, like I said she wouldn't even really know because it was said to Harry, not her. But there were quite a few embellishments of the truth there, the ceremony 3 days before the wedding, Archie's title etc etc- we know that she's not telling the truth with those, although there is an element of truth in both of them.

I was thinking Chas' but it's only a guess.
    Harry's comment about his father was:
    "I feel really let down. He's been through something similar. He knows what pain feels like. I will always love him, but there is a lot of hurt that's happened,"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The Queen
    Philip

Charles
    Camilla
    William
    Catherine

Edward
    Andrew
    Anne

She said it was by someone in the organization, which to me suggested one of the comms staff/people they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anne is among the best of them, I can’t see her making a comment like that.

My guess is on William, Charles or Camilla, more so leaning towards the latter two.
    Charles and Camilla already have an extremely fraught & fragile public image, particularly with all the recent negativity and criticism the latest season of The Crown has stirred up for them.
    If he straight up said it was either of those two I honestly think they’d be finished, the people would never support Charles as King.
    They’d never recover from it.

William might have said it but as future King, a comment like that would be very damaging. It sounds like Harry hopes to repair his relationship with him, so it makes sense that he wouldn’t throw him under the bus if it was him.

It sounds like there is no love lost between Harry with his uncles and I think if it was Andrew or Edward (particularly Andrew), he’d have just said so.
    They are outliers and I don’t think Harry would have as much interest in protecting their public images as he does his dad and brother.
    Despite all that has happened he does seem to want a future relationship with them both, and naming them would destroy any opportunity of that.

So my money is on William, Charles, or Camilla for those reasons.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Anne is among the best of them, I can’t see her making a comment like that.

My guess is on William, Charles or Camilla, more so leaning towards the latter two.
    Charles and Camilla already have an extremely fraught & fragile public image, particularly with all the recent negativity and criticism the latest season of The Crown has stirred up for them.
    If he straight up said it was either of those two I honestly think they’d be finished, the people would never support Charles as King.
    They’d never recover from it.

William might have said it but as future King, a comment like that would be very damaging. It sounds like Harry hopes to repair his relationship with him, so it makes sense that he wouldn’t throw him under the bus if it was him.

It sounds like there is no love lost between Harry with his uncles and I think if it was Andrew or Edward (particularly Andrew), he’d have just said so.
    They are outliers and I don’t think Harry would have as much interest in protecting their public images as he does his dad and brother.
    Despite all that has happened he does seem to want a future relationship with them both, and naming them would destroy any opportunity of that.

So my money is on William, Charles, or Camilla for those reasons.

Good deductions, although I do not think either William or Catherine would be as crass as to do something like that. Never in a million years. Especially to his brother.

Advertisement