Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

dogbert27 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9603175/Harry-says-Diana-chased-death-relationship-wasnt-white.html

Harry reveals heavily pregnant Meghan told him HOW she was going to kill herself just before they attended concert at Royal Albert Hall - but didn't because she didn't want him to lose 'another woman in my life'

This is actually emotional abuse. Saying she only didn't kill herself because she didn't want Harry to lose another woman in his life!

What about the unborn baby you self centred, narcissistic twits?!

How about don't kill yourself for that reason? But no, it's due to her concern for Harry.

They do really deserve to be stripped of their titles and kicked out in the cold.

She is so brave. Some women when pregnant would think they have everything to live for and look forward to a new chapter in their lives. But Meghan was suicidal and soldiered on like a true martyr. Must be awful to be chauffered around London to the Royal Albert Hall where you are treated as the VVIP in the room!

I can't imagine the pain she must have been feeling. Presumably those suicidal thoughts have just gone away now they are California? I would have thought people with mental health struggles would carry them with them every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9603175/Harry-says-Diana-chased-death-relationship-wasnt-white.html

Harry reveals heavily pregnant Meghan told him HOW she was going to kill herself just before they attended concert at Royal Albert Hall - but didn't because she didn't want him to lose 'another woman in my life'

This is actually emotional abuse. Saying she only didn't kill herself because she didn't want Harry to lose another woman in his life!

What about the unborn baby you self centred, narcissistic twits?!

How about don't kill yourself for that reason? But no, it's due to her concern for Harry.

They do really deserve to be stripped of their titles and kicked out in the cold.

I had a narcissist in my life do the same thing - threaten suicide, and then tell me that he couldn’t go through with it, he couldn’t do that to me because I’d already been through it with a close relative. It absolutely was emotional manipulation, as I know now it’s classic narcissist behaviour.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If any history is repeating itself it's Oprah doing a Bashir on Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Neyite wrote: »

Or Meghan is manipulating Harry and making stuff up like Bashir did to Diana in order to get what she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The more he talks publicly, the more I'm reminded of his mother: victim complex, paranoid, persecution complex and not very bright. He doesn't seem to be fully aligned to reality. I think he's having some kind of break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Still gobbing off to the press worried about history repeating itself, completely oblivious to the fact that he is striking the same deal with the devil that is mother did. History is repeating itself alright, but not in the way he thinks

William’s statement denouncing the BBC could equally apply to CBS and the dishonest tactics used to create a sensationalised interview.

-Lied and used fake documents to obtain the interview
    - Made lurid and false claims about the royal family which played on fears and fuelled paranoia and isolation
    - Displayed woeful incompetence when investigating complaints and concerns about the programme

Surely the enquiry into the Bashir doc shows us what matters is THE truth and not your truth or whatever way you can spin it?
    History is indeed being repeated, Harry.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

William’s statement denouncing the BBC could equally apply to CBS and the dishonest tactics used to create a sensationalised interview.

- Made lurid and false claims about the royal family which played on fears and fuelled paranoia and isolation
    - Displayed woeful incompetence when investigating complaints and concerns about the programme

Surely the enquiry into the Bashir doc shows us what matters is THE truth and not your truth or whatever way you can spin it?

The saddest part is that Diana's life was destroyed by a ruthless journo who was unknown to her. Harry's will be destroyed by his wife's ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

From DM: Prince Harry says his family tried to prevent him and Meghan from leaving when she claimed she was suicidal

Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't he say during the original O interview that they never told the FAMILY she was suicidal - they told some members of staff at the FIRM. Not the family or her Doctors..

I need to read the full interview but that bit really stood out 1st.

Forgive me if this is insensitive, but I, as I’m sure many here, have some experience with losing a loved one to suicide and each time it has come as a huge shock, but I am aware that this is not always the case and there can be in hindsight little breadcrumbs or clues that things were awry. But do people usually share the “practicalities” of how they are going to end their own lives? To me this sounds kind of manipulative and threatening but am aware I could be completely ignorant to the complexities here

• Advertisement

Forgive me if this is insensitive, but I, as I’m sure many here, have some experience with losing a loved one to suicide and each time it has come as a huge shock, but I am aware that this is not always the case and there can be in hindsight little breadcrumbs or clues that things were awry. But do people usually share the “practicalities” of how they are going to end their own lives? To me this sounds kind of manipulative and threatening but am aware I could be completely ignorant to the complexities here

The families of the people that I knew lost to suicide had no idea the person was unwell at all. Not saying that's the case for every family though.
    Edit - except for one, the person had had several earlier attempts and had spoken openly about wanting to do it.

But do people usually share the “practicalities” of how they are going to end their own lives? To me this sounds kind of manipulative and threatening but am aware I could be completely ignorant to the complexities here

I too have dealt with loss form suicide and have v good friends who have also dealt with (its a issue that the government do not put enough resources into - but that is a whole other convo). In my experience I have never heard of anyone doing this.

I am sure it is different case to case. Could be if it was someone who had never made an attempt to take their life, as they got the help they need, might tell (if asked) how they planned on doing it during recovery?

Does not seem likely to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So just I’m reading this right, is the other woman his mother Diana ? Jesus Christ but that’s low. I’m sorry but invoking the horrific memory of her husband’s mother’s death is wrong, and using it as if she was saving him more pain. As my late grandfather would have said(and he was some man for talking straight) “there’s a ****ing almighty want in that pair.” I’m actually shocked. That’s a form of manipulation surely ?

I remember at the time he said he wanted to step away, that he should do what makes him happy and because I find the institution of monarchy very strange, but his actions recently have nothing to do with monarchy, it’s about human beings and serious allegations with no evidence to back them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

From DM: Prince Harry says his family tried to prevent him and Meghan from leaving when she claimed she was suicidal

Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't he say during the original O interview that they never told the FAMILY she was suicidal - they told some members of staff at the FIRM. Not the family or her Doctors..

I need to read the full interview but that bit really stood out 1st.

They said they told the HR of the firm and the family said they weren’t made aware of the issues. They seem to be tripping over their story and makes what nadine coyle did a white lie.

Lol he described his bombshell interview with Oprah as “compassionate”.
    SOMEONE GIVE HIM A NEW WORD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

first hand experience here too. It's exactly as you say: crumbs, hints or behaviour but no direct practicalities.

also first hand experience with a manipulative and narcissist person and yes, this person did that exactly, spouted out many times where and how she will do it. Needless to say, she never did it. blurgh, that's why I'm very allergic to this suicide stuff from MM. It's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

So, Diana was killed because she went out with someone of colour?

“History was repeating itself. My mother was chased to her death while she was in a relationship with someone who wasn’t white," he said.

"And now look what’s happened. You want to talk about history repeating itself? They’re not going to stop until she dies."

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/7020200/meghan-markle-suicide-dead-prince-harry-oprah-interview-latest/

Oh wow, he's mentally ill. This is awful.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Does he mean the trauma of his mother's funeral? If so, I get that. I have absolutely no doubt that walking behind that coffin in front of billions of people while expected to be all 'stiff upper lip' at 12 years of age was indeed deeply and permanently traumatising. Losing s parent like that at that age is traumatising alone. The mass hysteria around Diana's death must have multiplied it.

I’ve always thought this was so awful and unfair. Having hundreds of thousands of strange adults line the streets crying and wailing over a woman they never met while her two young boys can hear you. It was so public and unfair. But Harry is such a opportunistic whinge bag that no doubt if he was kept away from such a public display of grief as a child and forbidden from being paraded behind her coffin, he would now be crying that he was restricted from expressing his grief alongside his family, and that he has to live with not being able to say goodbye properly. He will find any which way to make himself the central victim at every turn.

I’ve always thought this was so awful and unfair. Having hundreds of thousands of strange adults line the streets crying and wailing over a woman they never met while her two young boys can hear you. It was so public and unfair. But Harry is such a opportunistic whinge bag that no doubt if he was kept away from such a public display of grief as a child and forbidden from being paraded behind her coffin, he would now be crying that he was restricted from expressing his grief alongside his family, and that he has to live with not being able to say goodbye properly. He will find any which way to make himself the central victim at every turn.

He mentions being haunted by the sound of the horses hooves. I've no doubt that that experience traumatised him deeply. He was just a child with barely any understanding of death and found himself publicly marching behind his mother's body in a public ritual. It must have been absolutely horrific.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I remember at the time he said he wanted to step away, that he should do what makes him happy and because I find the institution of monarchy very strange, but his actions recently have nothing to do with monarchy, it’s about human beings and serious allegations with no evidence to back them up.

I was of the same mind but now Harry just comes across as grasping and vindictive and spiteful.

Once it became clear his family where not going to foot the bill for his life he levels all this against them then talks about wanted to reconcile. I can't get my head around it.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They said they told the HR of the firm and the family said they weren’t made aware of the issues. They seem to be tripping over their story and makes what nadine coyle did a white lie.

Yes that's what I thought. My grandmother used to always say: a lair will always be found out, they tell so many its hard to keep track of. She was right.

I wonder will he now sue the BBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Does he mean the trauma of his mother's funeral? If so, I get that. I have absolutely no doubt that walking behind that coffin in front of billions of people while expected to be all 'stiff upper lip' at 12 years of age was indeed deeply and permanently traumatising. Losing s parent like that at that age is traumatising alone. The mass hysteria around Diana's death must have multiplied it.
    Which the queen and his father were lambasted for when trying to protect them in private.

It’s all so f-d up.

Addle wrote: »
    Which the queen and his father were lambasted for when trying to protect them in private.

It’s all so f-d up.

Yes, it was. It was nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I always had a lot of sympathy for those boys after their mum's death and the public spectacle of a funeral because after all they were kids only.
    But, I'm absolutely aghast that H would say that the photographers were hounding his mother for photos because she was dating a non white man.
    It's like he has this racist narrative thst he and MM need to prove and this latest claim fits that.
    Let me be clear, photographer paparazzi scumbags chasing Diana for a red top photo at high speed is absolutely deplorable and obviously very dangerous as we now know, but unfortunately I would wager all I own that no matter who had been her boyfriend that night, black, white, Muslim, Asian, she would have been hounded for a photo.

To thine own self be true

I always had a lot of sympathy for those boys after their mum's death and the public spectacle of a funeral because after all they were kids only.
    But, I'm absolutely aghast that H would say that the photographers were hounding his mother for photos because she was dating a non white man.
    It's like he has this racist narrative thst he and MM need to prove and this latest claim fits that.
    Let me be clear, photographer paparazzi scumbags chasing Diana for a red top photo at high speed is absolutely deplorable and obviously very dangerous as we now know, but unfortunately I would wager all I own that no matter who had been her boyfriend that night, black, white, Muslim, Asian, she would have been hounded for a photo.

THIS 100%.

With his comments about Dodi Fayed - he is feeding into the conspiracy theory's that have been around Diana's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do you think that’s on purpose? Hoping Harry picks up on it?

I’m wondering why it’s always Harry talking about his past trauma and pain and not Meghan, when we all know her family is every bit as dysfunctional as his. Would it have anything to do with the fact that she knows they will fight back? And the reason Harry keeps mouthing off about his family is because he knows they can’t.

THIS 100%.

With his comments about Dodi Fayed - he is feeding into the conspiracy theory's that have been around Diana's death.

This why I think he might be experiencing a break with reality

• Advertisement

Harry reveals heavily pregnant Meghan told him HOW she was going to kill herself just before they attended concert at Royal Albert Hall - but didn't because she didn't want him to lose 'another woman in my life'.........

This couple are jokers, sh1tting on about mental health purely to line their pockets, they are a disgrace.

Advertisement