Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

If Harry hadn't walked behind his Mothers coffin the narrative would be "they wouldn't even let me walk behind my Mothers coffin". I don't understand the dichotomy that he sees for his Mothers legacy that she was amazing and touched so many people but also people shouldn't have been grieving when she died because they didn't know her personally.

I feel sorry for the Queen to be portrayed as a terrible Mother when shes quite vulnerable presumably after Philips death. I don't know what she was like as a parent nor Charles but no one sets out to be a bad parent. By virtue of who he was born to maybe Harry had bad parenting and suffered trauma but he was also granted unimaginable wealth and privilege.

I think Harry is showing the danger of therapy and just constantly poking at wounds. Its good to go back and try and deal with past trauma and heal from it but at some point you're just hurting yourself again and making it all worse. I know people who have had therapy and dealt with the issue they were going to therapy for and others who have just become life long patients and just seem to like talking to someone about themselves and have an image of themselves as someone "in therapy"

If I was William or Charles theres no way I would entertain reconciliation. Anything that they say to him will be broadcast for all the world, you'd never be able to have an honest conversation or share something personal. They say that William likes to keep his inner circle tight and wll test new friends by making up a lie and telling it to them to see if it makes the papers, theres no way hes trusting Harry again.

I don't understand the Nepal thing he was talking about that he was made go on a trip there, I thought thats the part of the job he loved doing. He seems to have singled out that one trip TBH, I can't remember him being sent on that many trips abroad for them so I don't know what hes talking about with burnout especially just citing one trip. You would think seeing the devestation of that earthquake in Nepal would be good to give him perspective on what a hard life actually is.

What comes out of all of this time and time again for me is what an amazing job the firm did for all those years crafting the image of Harry as a cheeky chap who loved to have fun rather than his actual sulky, spiteful personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Oh wow, he's mentally ill. This is awful.

Yes, royal family gossip has always been my guilty pleasure but now I’m thinking ‘please stop’. I think he’s really depressed.

I said previously, he is so obviously not happily married. With another child on the way, you’d think he’d be full of the joys of life. Must say though, in most pictures I’ve seen of him as a child, even with Diana, he never looked happy in complete contrast with the Cambridge kids for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Addle wrote: »
    Do you think that’s on purpose? Hoping Harry picks up on it?

That would require a degree of self awareness that despite his oodles of therapy...
    Is very clearly lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I always had a lot of sympathy for those boys after their mum's death and the public spectacle of a funeral because after all they were kids only.
    But, I'm absolutely aghast that H would say that the photographers were hounding his mother for photos because she was dating a non white man.
    It's like he has this racist narrative thst he and MM need to prove and this latest claim fits that.
    Let me be clear, photographer paparazzi scumbags chasing Diana for a red top photo at high speed is absolutely deplorable and obviously very dangerous as we now know, but unfortunately I would wager all I own that no matter who had been her boyfriend that night, black, white, Muslim, Asian, she would have been hounded for a photo.

Yes and he’s also got bullying into it now. “ I won’t be bullied into silence anymore “

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Addle wrote: »
    Do you think that’s on purpose? Hoping Harry picks up on it?

I did wonder was it aimed at H & M also.

• Advertisement

hamburgham wrote: »
    ................ “ I won’t be bullied into silence anymore “

A decorated military man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

you don’t start a healthy relationship by having to change, this is yet another big red flag.

"It was meeting and being with Meghan, I knew that if I didn't do therapy and fix myself, that I was going to lose this woman who I could see spending the rest of my life with," he explained, per People. "There was a lot of learning right at the beginning of our relationship. She was shocked to be coming backstage of the institution of the British royal family. When she said, 'I think you need to see someone,' that was in reaction to an argument we had. And in that argument, not knowing about it, I reverted back to 12-year-old Harry."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This just keeps getting worse. He is being completely manipulated. I actually feel sorry for his family, mainly William and Kate who actually seemed to be close with him for many years. They must be going up the wall with worry about how this will end. Feels like watching a car crash in slow motion

I keep thinking William must be heartbroken by all this. For years he looked after Harry and tired to protect him, shield and give him advise, all which Harry seems to have spurned, with the exception of getting mental help. All of this Harry has forgotten, or it doesn't suit his current narrative. On one hand I would extremely worried about my siblings mental state and in another I would be so devastated by how is trying to trash me. I don't think I would ever recover enough to have any type of relationship with them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sounds like things he should be discussing in confidence with an appropriate professional, not broadcasting to the world. :(

And while he, of course, has every right to talk about himself, firing broadsides at his family, left, right and centre, is really unforgivable, imo.

Sad especially for their children, in my opinion, who will have no relationship with their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and wider family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This just keeps getting worse. He is being completely manipulated. I actually feel sorry for his family, mainly William and Kate who actually seemed to be close with him for many years. They must be going up the wall with worry about how this will end. Feels like watching a car crash in slow motion

They must be. His troubles only started really after he met Meghan. And they are probably afraid to contact him as their private conversations will probably be leaked.

Sounds like things he should be discussing in confidence with an appropriate professional, not broadcasting to the world. :(

And while he, of course, has every right to talk about himself, firing broadsides at his family, left, right and centre, is really unforgivable, imo.

Sad especially for their children, in my opinion, who will have no relationship with their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and wider family.

I wonder will the kids resent them for damaging their familial relationships before the ever had a change of developing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Multipass wrote: »
    Gosh, he really is living in an alternate reality now. I’d say his family are seriously worried about his mental health at this stage. Car crash stuff.

He is in a relationship constantly producing anger and frustration, so he has to channel it somewhere. Of course he can't channel it into real culprit, so it must be RF then.

So he won't stop lashing out as long as he is in this toxic marriage.

I wonder will the kids resent them for damaging their familial relationships before the ever had a change of developing them.

Well, I'm sure they will be raised to believe that it's for their own good. I bet it will reframed as they were cast out to America by the family due to them not being white or not fitting in. Maybe as adults they will reconnect with their cousins but I'm sure someone won't be happy with that and do everything possible to prevent it.

I was of the same mind but now Harry just comes across as grasping and vindictive and spiteful.

Once it became clear his family where not going to foot the bill for his life he levels all this against them then talks about wanted to reconcile. I can't get my head around it.

I think he is under an enormous pressure. MM is a very high maintenance. In UK Charles was footing her bills for her designer clothes. Now Harry has to afford their high lifestyle, which they can't afford to be honest. We don't know yet, how theirs deals will work out in the end. We don't know, if they will be able to deliver anything of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

https://youtu.be/WjFlXl5p2us

Shane Attwood talking about recent events, Charles also was unhappy with his upbringing and in 1994 spoke or wrote about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Describing the impact the allegations had on his wife, Harry said: "I was woken up in the middle of the night to her crying in her pillow because she doesn't want to wake me up, because I'm already carrying too much”

Didn’t want to wake him? How about you take yourself into another room so and have your sob fest there. She is actually such a manipulative bltch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

This is what Harry said about his dad in a BBC documentary called Diana, 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sharon_B

Multipass wrote: »
    you don’t start a healthy relationship by having to change, this is yet another big red flag.

"It was meeting and being with Meghan, I knew that if I didn't do therapy and fix myself, that I was going to lose this woman who I could see spending the rest of my life with," he explained, per People. "There was a lot of learning right at the beginning of our relationship. She was shocked to be coming backstage of the institution of the British royal family. When she said, 'I think you need to see someone,' that was in reaction to an argument we had. And in that argument, not knowing about it, I reverted back to 12-year-old Harry."

So Harry realised (via Meghan) that he needed to get therapy, and so he arranged therapy for himself. But when Meghan realised she needed therapy she couldn't arrange it for herself? Or Harry couldn't arrange it for her? Does this show that they lied again about the therapy that she couldn't have because she wasn't a member of staff (or something like that is what they claimed as far as I recall).

This is what Harry said about his dad in a BBC documentary called Diana, 7 days.

Why on earth has not one person he has interviewed with pulled up these receipts. Even if you are not a professional journalist, there are a list of questions that are just common sense.

Oprah must be a total joke in the world of journalist. :pac:

• Advertisement

Sharon_B wrote: »
    So Harry realised (via Meghan) that he needed to get therapy, and so he arranged therapy for himself. But when Meghan realised she needed therapy she couldn't arrange it for herself? Or Harry couldn't arrange it for her? Does this show that they lied again about the therapy that she couldn't have because she wasn't a member of staff (or something like that is what they claimed as far as I recall).

Yes it does. Though no one asking them questions will call them out on it. The receipts at this stage are endless!

Describing the impact the allegations had on his wife, Harry said: "I was woken up in the middle of the night to her crying in her pillow because she doesn't want to wake me up, because I'm already carrying too much”

Didn’t want to wake him? How about you take yourself into another room so and have your sob fest there. She is actually such a manipulative bltch.

Lol she probably gave him a shake before diving back to her pillow crying sesh, to ensure he woke up.

I'm astounded they are openly saying these things. It really does make her look like a manipulative psycho and him a brainwashed unhinged idiot. Again, they are completely tone deaf to how they are coming across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Harry is telling us this stuff himself. He can’t blame anyone else.

I don’t think William and Kate are totally innocents, but they’re so much better at playing the or game. Smarter people to begin with maybe, so they make better decisions about who they hire/surround themselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Lol she probably gave him a shake before diving back to her pillow crying sesh, to ensure he woke up.

I'm astounded they are openly saying these things. It really does make her look like a manipulative psycho and him a brainwashed unhinged idiot. Again, they are completely tone deaf to how they are coming across.

They live in celeb-land, their American audience seem to be lapping it up.

They may live off the American's for a few years but they will tire of them. Sarah Ferguson got a couple of years out of them then they grew bored. I know Harry has more appeal but that's only because of his mother. People will only take you preaching to them and making money off the back of your dead mother for so long.

Sharon_B wrote: »

Also a few years ago he claimed he'd been in therapy since his 20's and William had encouraged him to go. According to this he told an audience last year he'd been in therapy for 7 years (so well pre Meghan) https://www.her.ie/celeb/prince-harry-has-been-having-therapy-for-seven-years-to-cope-with-princess-dianas-death-498694

Also if the Palace was so against getting help for mental health, why would they have let the Cambridges make it one of their causes and why have they let them talk repeatedly about mental health.

When you see the difference between Kate Middleton's brother who seems to have had depression but worked on his issues and be in a much better place and Harry who seems just to want to blame people for every slight, its like night and day, its like therapy working and therapy making things worse

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

And I’m sure she was getting progressively louder when she realised her subtle attempts weren’t working
    tenor.gif?itemid=14675070

Such a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Another thing that did not happen.

Why on earth has not one person he has interviewed with pulled up these receipts. Even if you are not a professional journalist, there are a list of questions that are just common sense.

Oprah must be a total joke in the world of journalist. :pac:

Oprah knows, what she is doing. If she started to challenge them, it would be her last interview with them, while she wants to milk it for longer. And the more people can talk about it later the better. So the more they trip themselves the more money for her.

I am actually surprised that they are that stupid going to the point of no return because people will realise sooner or later, even those very reluctant ones, who H&M really are. So the more they talk the less doubts they leave about themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

William’s statement denouncing the BBC could equally apply to CBS and the dishonest tactics used to create a sensationalised interview.

-Lied and used fake documents to obtain the interview
    - Made lurid and false claims about the royal family which played on fears and fuelled paranoia and isolation
    - Displayed woeful incompetence when investigating complaints and concerns about the programme

Surely the enquiry into the Bashir doc shows us what matters is THE truth and not your truth or whatever way you can spin it?
    History is indeed being repeated, Harry.

if you have evidence to prove CBS engaged in similar actions in relation to the interview with meghan and harry, then you should report that to the FCC, which is the regulator for the US.
    you will require actual evidence though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement