Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He mentions being haunted by the sound of the horses hooves. I've no doubt that that experience traumatised him deeply. He was just a child with barely any understanding of death and found himself publicly marching behind his mother's body in a public ritual. It must have been absolutely horrific.

Well, I wouldn’t quite say that. He was 13 or very nearly. Let’s not completely infantilise him.
    Yes that's what I thought. My grandmother used to always say: a lair will always be found out, they tell so many its hard to keep track of. She was right.

Great advice I got from my father: if you don’t lie, you don’t have to remember anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

This is great true life soap opera. What's the betting they split up and he can't go home, after burning his bridges, and ends up in a homeless shelter somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, I wouldn’t quite say that. He was 13 or very nearly. Let’s not completely infantilise him.

I'm not infantalisibg him. He was a child who's first experience with death and grief was for his mother. That is not the experience of the vast. majority. For most children, death is something that happens to very old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

Sure don't we all walk behind out parents coffin at funerals out of respect for the deceased, as was said previously if he wasn't allowed do it he would be still moaning about it. The only pressure this couple have is trying to make more money off anything they can think of. Nothing came out in the last 20 years but last few years they are thrown digs in every so often for the attention and it is now snowballing out of control.

Sure don't we all walk behind out parents coffin at funerals out of respect for the deceased, as was said previously if he wasn't allowed do it he would be still moaning about it. The only pressure this couple have is trying to make more money off anything they can think of. Nothing came out in the last 20 years but last few years they are thrown digs in every so often for the attention and it is now snowballing out of control.

Not with half the world watching you do it, live.

• Advertisement

I'm not infantalisibg him. He was a child who's first experience with death and grief was for his mother. That is not the experience of the vast. majority. For most children, death is something that happens to very old people.

You said he had barely any understanding of death which can be taken a few different ways.

You said he had barely any understanding of death which can be taken a few different ways.

I suppose it could. I think you just about understand death is final at that age, but I don't think you truly grasp that anyone in your life can die at 12/13 unless you actually experience it.

I suppose it could. I think you just about understand death is final at that age, but I don't think you truly grasp that anyone in your life can die at 12/13 unless you actually experience it.

Yeah, and such a public, violent death with, IMHO, utterly inappropriate displays of grief from much of the general public must have been so utterly surreal to those two lads. I remember even one gobshite in my (Irish) secondary school bawling her eyes out about it. Not sure if it was on the day of the funeral or on the Monday after the accident but FTW like? She hadn’t an English parent or anything either. :rolleyes:

I do think that William being two years older probably was a lot, developmentally speaking, so I was always open to the idea that Harry might have been more affected by their mother’s death. But still, today’s revelations have shocked me. He is losing the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

This is great true life soap opera. What's the betting they split up and he can't go home, after burning his bridges, and ends up in a homeless shelter somewhere.

jesus, but tbh, I thought something like that today too where he will end up in the end. If he already goes on to offend the Americans with rants about their constitution, what will be next and not long until he is a person non grata everywhere in the US.

Maybe not homeless but something like a trailer park ...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah, and such a public, violent death with, IMHO, utterly inappropriate displays of grief from much of the general public must have been so utterly surreal to those two lads. I remember even one gobshite in my (Irish) secondary school bawling her eyes out about it. Not sure if it was on the day of the funeral or on the Monday after the accident but FTW like? She hadn’t an English parent or anything either. :rolleyes:

I do think that William being two years older probably was a lot, developmentally speaking, so I was always open to the idea that Harry might have been more affected by their mother’s death. But still, today’s revelations have shocked me. He is losing the plot.

I do remember hearing about her death on that Sunday morning and I don’t know if I watched all the funeral but I know I saw the part of the coffin passing buck house and the mass of flowers which was striking.

I did watch a documentary on Netflix about the week from her death to funeral and maybe it was because it wasn’t as extensive here in Ireland but 20 odd years later it seems a bit much. I can understand it effecting people if they were family or had met her, but it seems a bit over the top in hindsight.

I’ve watched Williams statement and it was very good as it got across the fact the beeb ****ed up.

I did see that Harry said that it’s sad that Archie won’t get to meet his mother. Yes, it is sad but he has two nephews and a niece and sister in law who will never meet her either. In so far as I ever gave it much thought but I always liked Harry more, because he seemed the one of the two you’d go for pints for, but he’s turned into zero craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Zero craic is right. You can't blame Megan for that, he has brought everything on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What happened in the UK after Diana died was a real case of mass hysteria in my opinion . It was bizzare to see it unfold and spread like wildfire through the masses

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What happened in the UK after Diana died was a real case of mass hysteria in my opinion . It was bizzare to see it unfold and spread like wildfire through the masses

I’m sure someone since then has done a study of some kind to try and explain why it happened because it wasn’t the image I had of the UK in the 1990’s. It was of a very straight laced people and the old “stiff upper lip” stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

if you have evidence to prove CBS engaged in similar actions in relation to the interview with meghan and harry, then you should report that to the FCC, which is the regulator for the US.
    you will require actual evidence though.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhus9cnt7pf3g2rddvagc5oa2l2wgdylzw08id7z8&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

It was such a bizarre time. If I recall correctly, the palace were under extreme pressure to do right by the public and there was immense public pressure for them to ‘do something’ and act like you care that Diana is dead. It’s actually bonkers when you think of it. The public should have been told to STFU, that there are two little boys who have lost their mother, and that the will take precedence. I think Diana’s death really rocked the palace. Wasn’t it a few days on from it and The Queen still hadn’t publicly addressed it? Newspaper headlines were leading with things like “where are you your majesty. Your public needs you”. Like totally fcuking off the wall shlt when you consider they’re a family beneath it all and lost someone close and have two young boys to consider.

There was also immense anger that the palace was partly responsible for her death due to all of the goings on. So I think the parading of them behind the coffin was a response to the immense public pressure and criticism they were facing. They felt if they can show the face of it with Diana’s two little boys, so small and so lost, then maybe the public will back off and cut them a bit of slack. I’d say it’s a decision that the whole family regrets tbh. But it was such a strange time and the UK had been turned on it’s head, people had lost all sense during the period. But decision to have them walk behind the coffin was certainly in response to the public outcry.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Zero craic is right. You can't blame Megan for that, he has brought everything on himself.

Shes been dripping perma victim complex poison in his ear. She thought him he was racist remember?

I'm sure shes only made any issues he had far worse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It was utterly bizarre, some of the stuff that went on in England, around the time of Diana's death, and funeral. The hysterical grieving that some people carried on with, was very much in contrast to the 'stiff upper lip' often associated with English people.

And yes, I remember the headlines calling on the queen and telling her to speak and Tony Blair and his 'people's princess' phrase.

I suppose had the boys been kept away from the public eye, at the time, Harry would have another narrative now about how that was wrong too.

It must have been absolutely dreadful for them, there's no denying that. It's difficult to understand how he cannot see how contradictory his actions and words are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can someone please explain wtf is going on with Harry?

He seems out of control?

What is it all about?

walshb wrote: »

He seems out of control?

What is it all about?

He’s the victim of a manipulative, scheming woman. God help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

He seems out of control?

What is it all about?

You could write it now, five years down the line he'll be on TV saying:
    - it was like living in a zoo, almost like the Truman Show.
    - It was this constant expectation that I should perform and expose my hurt to the world just to keep the family name in the papers.
    - She told me it would help both herself and I to talk openly about my past, to expose what 'they' had done to me.
    - It is so clear to me now that it was to deflect attention from her role in creating such animosity and isolation.

• Advertisement

He’s the victim of a manipulative, scheming woman. God help him.

I don’t fully buy this..

I agree about what she is. Vindictive and dangerous woman..full of self entitlement..

But he is a grown man. In charge of his being. In charge of his choices..

I wonder does he actually hate his blood?

Just very weird and unnecessary self loathing behaviour designed to hurt his family..

I don’t fully buy this..

I agree about what she is. Vindictive and dangerous woman..full of self entitlement..

Just very weird and unnecessary self loathing behaviour designed to hurt his family..

His most recent comments are very unseemly and all families have problems around the world, but you try and discuss them in private, but Harry seems to have gone “**** it, let the place burn”, which will most likely come back to bite him in the hole. I’m sure Prince Harry is aware of his great grand uncle the duke of Windsor. He might want to brush up on how that went.

I don’t fully buy this..

Unfortunately he was a very vulnerable catch. There was a trauma there, and all it took was the right (wrong) person to come along and exploit that. He managed 30+ years of being a decent chap with healthy relationships, the fact he is only now coming out and documenting this trauma is telling. His family seemed to have supported and helped him throughout his life but all it takes is one toxic person to come and dismantle all of that, ask probing questions and introduce paranoia. Nobody would have blamed them for wanting a life away from the circus, but you don’t need to fall out with everyone who cares about you in order to do it. They are like to angst ridden teens who hate their moms because they make them tidy their rooms and communicate only through crying and mixed tapes. Two absolute ejits.

Unfortunately he was a very vulnerable catch. There was a trauma there, and all it took was the right (wrong) person to come along and exploit that. He managed 30+ years of being a decent chap with healthy relationships, the fact he is only now coming out and documenting this trauma is telling. Nobody would have blamed them for wanting a life away from the circus, but you don’t need to fall out with everyone who cares about you in order to do it. They are like to angst ridden teens who hate their moms because they make them tidy their rooms and communicate only through crying and mixed tapes. Two absolute ejits.

Yes. At least that is how they have been behaving! Like two desperately needy attention seekers. Horrible behaviour.

Harry has lost it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

The happy couples!

43262557-9603585-image-m-50_1621584154345.jpg

Dear god.. what a feckin arse

Yes. At least that is how they have been behaving! Like two desperately needy attention seekers. Horrible behaviour.

Harry has lost it...

I suppose it's probably been something of a revelation to him to be in a relationship with her. I could imagine that all his life he had no real sense of personal identity, his identity was all wrapped up within his famous family, his title, his mother and his own high profile. It must have been an absolutely transformative experience to be in a relationship with someone who felt that she was better than even the royal family and that if they extracted themselves from the institution they could eclipse the profile and influence they held as 'just' a Duke and Duchess.

No.

No.

Nope.

Tell me this is a deep fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Please, is that a photoshop???

To thine own self be true