Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

EDMR, apparently (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

"This therapy [EMDR] is based on the idea that negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours are the result of unprocessed memories. The treatment involves standardized procedures that include focusing simultaneously on (a) spontaneous associations of traumatic images, thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations and (b) bilateral stimulation that is most commonly in the form of repeated eye movements."[2]

EMDR is included in several evidence-based guidelines for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), with varying levels of recommendation and evidence (very low to moderate per WHO stress guidelines).[3][2][4] As of 2020, the American Psychological Association lists EMDR as an evidence-based treatment for PTSD[5] but stresses that "the available evidence can be interpreted in several ways"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Please, is that a photoshop???

Unfortunately not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The happy couples!

Jesus the head on Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Unfortunately not!!

He's a full blown Californian now.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

This is great true life soap opera. What's the betting they split up and he can't go home, after burning his bridges, and ends up in a homeless shelter somewhere.

Well, they are promoting P&G, so it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This is from October 2019. Its spot on and still playing out now it seems.

https://blindgossip.com/wounded-little-boy/
    While everyone is up in arms about how to deal with a couple of members of this famous family who are seemingly beyond their control, an insider provides a glimpse as to exactly how it happened.

She was quite cunning. She talked to him about his mother all the time. She used the pain he felt about losing his mother to make him rely on her and to turn him against everyone else in his family.

She told him that he is actually “a wounded little boy” and that his family was wrong for making him act stoically. She also told him that he should never forget how terribly his family treated his mother.

She encouraged him to talk about his feelings and told him the more he lets the sadness and anger out both privately and in public, the sooner his pain would heal. He cried with her and she comforted him like his mother would.

She told him that once he was able to choose for himself and act independently from his family, they would fulfill his mother’s legacy together.

This does explain his recent surge in discussing his feelings in public… his newfound temper… as well as his alienation from his family.

But did he simply trade one controlling entity for another?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This is from October 2019. Its spot on and still playing out now it seems.

https://blindgossip.com/wounded-little-boy/

Fierce interesting. I mean the commonwealth “racist” mix up from his interview a few years ago seems interesting in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There was also immense anger that the palace was partly responsible for her death due to all of the goings on. So I think the parading of them behind the coffin was a response to the immense public pressure and criticism they were facing. They felt if they can show the face of it with Diana’s two little boys, so small and so lost, then maybe the public will back off and cut them a bit of slack. I’d say it’s a decision that the whole family regrets tbh. But it was such a strange time and the UK had been turned on it’s head, people had lost all sense during the period. But decision to have them walk behind the coffin was certainly in response to the public outcry.

Can we stop with this stuff? It's completely normal for a family to walk behind the funeral cortege, regardless of age. It would have been bizarre had they not, and the kids would have likely felt they had let their mother down in some way had they not. The event was tragic - yes - but being part of the cortege was normal and expected.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Can we stop with this stuff? It's completely normal for a family to walk behind the funeral cortege, regardless of age. It would have been bizarre had they not, and the kids would have likely felt they had let their mother down in some way had they not. The event was tragic - yes - but being part of the cortege was normal and expected.

Yeah families do it all the time. It’s not a happy thing to do but it’s what happens.

There is nothing normal at all about being part of a public spectacle of over 30 million and expected to keep composed and measured walking after your mother’s coffin who died so tragically, at the tender age of 12. I do feel for Harry having to go through that. I’ll never hold it against him for being traumatised as a result of it, but I do question his motives to bring it up now so opportunistically, when it seems he had made his peace with how it unfolded years ago. I think times have changed a lot since then and if William or Kate were to die I doubt we’d see George, Charlotte and Louis paraded so publicly while in the midst of extreme grief. It was an error in judgement in a highly stressful time, and I think he needs to acknowledge that yes it was unfair and traumatic but was done in the nation’s best interests at the time and hindsight proves that was a mistake. No need to keep picking at the scab.

• Advertisement

There is nothing normal at all about being part of a public spectacle of over 30 million and expected to keep composed and measured walking after your mother’s coffin who died so tragically, at the tender age of 12. I do feel for Harry having to go through that.

Yes, yes. It was tragic and there was a lot of attention on them, but it was completely normal and right for the family to walk in the funeral cortege as they did. A family of nobodies would have done the same, just with less attention.
    I think times have changed a lot since then and if William or Kate were to die I doubt we’d see George, Charlotte and Louis paraded so publicly while in the midst of extreme grief.

Obviously it would depend. Clearly they are still too young to even manage it. Harry was not too young at 12. The grief was awful, yes, but to be part of the cortege was normal and right, and the vast majority of other families do exactly the same.
    It was an error in judgement in a highly stressful time, and I think he needs to acknowledge that yes it was unfair and traumatic but was done in the nation’s best interests at the time and hindsight proves that was a mistake. No need to keep picking at the scab.

I don't agree at all. It was not an error in judgement, it was and is normal practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yes, yes. It was tragic and there was a lot of attention on them, but it was completely normal and right for the family to walk in the funeral cortege as they did. A family of nobodies would have done the same, just with less attention.

Obviously it would depend. Clearly they are still too young to even manage it. Harry was not too young at 12. The grief was awful, yes, but to be part of the cortege was normal and right, and the vast majority of other families do exactly the same.

I don't agree at all. It was not an error in judgement, it was and is normal practice.

Walking behind a cortege in a family group that is hugging, holding hands, expressing their grief and their love and concern for the younger family members and openly supporting one another is normal. Marching in formation with a select few male family members, all stoney faced and silent and physically distant from one another in front of millions of people is totally abnormal and just about as far away from what can ultimately be part of a shared, healing funeral ritual that you can get.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Walking behind a cortege in a family group that is hugging, holding hands, expressing their grief and their love and concern for the younger family members and openly supporting one another is normal. Marching in formation with a select few male family members, all stoney faced and silent and physically distant from one another in front of millions of people is totally abnormal and just about as far away from what can ultimately be part of a shared, healing funeral ritual that you can get.

Exactly.

Not to mention all the wailing and crying by people who didn't even know her, going on around her grieving children and family, and the flinging of flowers towards the hearse.

Unreal.

Very little about the royal family is 'normal' and almost everything they do is watched by millions. I get the sympathy for a young boy who lost his mother, but I'm tired of the suggestion that Harry should have somehow been protected from this or kept from walking in the funeral procession. It was normal to do so.

Also, my experience of funeral processions is that people are generally stony faced and silent. I've walked in my fair share, and have observed many others. It's a solemn event.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That article sums things up quite well.

In addition to the vulnerability that is there, I suspect there is a degree of naivety, because of the upbringing of royal children.

Even though I think Diana did all that she could to ensure that they had a relatively normal childhood, the fact remains that they lived in a bubble, a very highly privileged bubble, in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

walshb wrote: »
    Can someone please explain wtf is going on with Harry?

He seems out of control?

What is it all about?

Didn't realise he took drugs at one point. What exactly did he take? He possibly has messed up his brain with excessive alcohol, drugs etc. Though in fairness the Royals weren't the brightest. Isn't there some cross-breeding down the line too? Would explain a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Going back to the picture of them at the theatre, when Meghan apparently sobbed for the evening after the lights went down, has anyone who was near them confirmed this?

Surely it would have been obvious? Your body shakes when you cry, Harry would have comforted her, her makeup would have run, her face would be puffy and tear streaked and her eyes red and swollen.

Yet, no pap shots or leaked reports in the press at the time. It doesn't add up at all.

They're like a pair of pantomime villains at this stage, and Harry seems increasingly intent on alienating himself from his family. His identity now seems to be wrapped up in his marriage and victimhood and I can't see the former lasting, while people will get tired of hearing about the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They are the Royal family. Not a family.

They are not, and never will be, and never should be a normal family..

That’s the whole point of them.

walshb wrote: »
    They are the Royal family. Not a family.

They are not, and never will be, and never should be a normal family..

That’s the whole point of them.

They may not be a normal family but they are a family. They can have all the titles and clobber they want but they are a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Going back to the picture of them at the theatre, when Meghan apparently sobbed for the evening after the lights went down, has anyone who was near them confirmed this?

Surely it would have been obvious? Your body shakes when you cry, Harry would have comforted her, her makeup would have run, her face would be puffy and tear streaked and her eyes red and swollen.

Yet, no pap shots or leaked reports in the press at the time. It doesn't add up at all.

They're like a pair of pantomime villains at this stage, and Harry seems increasingly intent on alienating himself from his family. His identity now seems to be wrapped up in his marriage and victimhood and I can't see the former lasting, while people will get tired of hearing about the latter.

Not necessarily. I'm a dab hand at silent sobbing. My husband has been in the same room as me, sometimes in very close proximity, and not known I was crying. Even facially, it doesn't show on me if it's just sobbing.

• Advertisement

Whatever is going on in Harry’s mind at the moment is going to do him untold long term damage - the media corporations who have signed him up for millions want their pound of flesh -and that means stories worthy of high viewing figures.

No one wants to listen to Harry lecturing us about mental health advice or climate change - they want an insider view of the royal family and they’re getting that- but interest will wane very quickly and Harry will be left with a shattered relationship with his family.

At this stage he’s just washing his dirty laundry in public- but the stories aren’t particularly interesting to the public and it’s his wider family members that are getting hurt- someone is giving him very bad advice

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mother of God will this absurd nonsense ever end, Lives of the privileged seem to include an entitlement for whinging, Moaning, copious amounts self pity and attention, perhaps Vomit Enducing should be included. This endless self pity of Harry's is just becoming nauseating and what's worse people entertaining it. F**k right off please.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

No one wants to listen to Harry lecturing us about mental health advice or climate change -

and especially no one wants to see him doing this emdr stuff or however it is called. it reminded me of this scene in 'the wolf of wallstreet'. horrible.

He's in the wrong hands.. Therapy is not Therapy. Therapy is gold when you're in the hands of real professionals, he doesn't seem to be...

I only saw one picture where they both look a bit stone faced rather than upset, but I read that’s because they got booed at the event and were pissed off :pac: You’re right though, her make up was as immaculate leaving as it was entering and nothing looked out of place. Strange. I really don’t understand why he brought her to an event after she told him she was going to kill herself. If he can turn down a memorial for the Royal Marines in order to pitch his wife to the CEO of Disney, then surely he can turn down that event to try and get his pregnant wife who was threatening suicide some help.

Harry finger points and blames everyone around him but fails to look at himself and how he could have done better. It wasn’t the RF, their staff or anyone else who told Meghan to “pull yourself together and put your make up on” and brought her to an event when she was suicidal, he did that. And I don’t for one minute believe he wouldn’t have been able to get out of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not necessarily. I'm a dab hand at silent sobbing. My husband has been in the same room as me, sometimes in very close proximity, and not known I was crying. Even facially, it doesn't show on me if it's just sobbing.

Except when...

She was no more suicidal than the boiled egg I'd for breakfast.

Except when...

Two insufferable pains in the hole, they've never been more in the media eye that they claim they want to evade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I only saw one picture where they both look a bit stone faced rather than upset, but I read that’s because they got booed at the event and were pissed off :pac: You’re right though, her make up was as immaculate leaving as it was entering and nothing looked out of place. Strange. I really don’t understand why he brought her to an event after she told him she was going to kill herself. If he can turn down a memorial for the Royal Marines in order to pitch his wife to the CEO of Disney, then surely he can turn down that event to try and get his pregnant wife who was threatening suicide some help.

Harry finger points and blames everyone around him but fails to look at himself and how he could have done better. It wasn’t the RF, their staff or anyone else who told Meghan to “pull yourself together and put your make up on” and brought her to an event when she was suicidal, he did that. And I don’t for one minute believe he wouldn’t have been able to get out of going.

All he had to say was she was feeling unwell due to the pregnancy.

To thine own self be true

Judge Judy said it best

a9079deded9c7c1ef5bd429e11679b56.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Is there a good non-tabloid source for what’s going on?

Advertisement