Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Addle wrote: »
    Is there a good non-tabloid source for what’s going on?

The telegraph?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Augeo wrote: »
    She was no more suicidal than the boiled egg I'd for breakfast.

And saying this will see some vilify you..

Utter attention seeking narcissistic gick the suicide and racism bombs she threw..

I feel for Harry. Take away the Royal connection and he was just a child with not good enough parenting. His dad I'm sure was emotionally distant at times, his mother I imagine was prone to hysterics and a lot of emotional discharge. Then there was the issues both of them experienced as a couple. All of that was soaked up by Harry. I'm not surprised he has struggled.
    Even if his mam was alive I believe he would still struggle. Her death simply made it all the more complicated.

Instead of finding his constant talking and berating of his family to be brave, his discussion of mental ill health to be important, I think it lacks dignity and is really distasteful.
    At some point those who have experienced trauma need to find a way to not let it consume them and to take power away from the event/s

Harry seems stuck in his narrative of hurt and anger and he seems to be feeding it and wallowing in it. What good does criticising his father do at this point? Or indeed the Royal family as a whole? I understand the need to tell your story when you've been hurt and to want to be heard. So publicly though? Why?

My guess is that he wants to hurt them. He wants his brother and dad and grandmother to be hurt and to know how that feels. It is about "getting my own back" rather than it being healing and cathartic for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^^ I agree fully. Males talking about mental anguish and struggles is to be welcomed but Harry has lost credibility and respect imo by his petulant tit for tat and headline seeking interviews.
    I actually feel men will feel less influenced by him to open up now because he hasn't done it with grace or dignity and there are more questions now than answers after all the twoing and froing and gossip.

To thine own self be true

I feel for Harry. Take away the Royal connection and he was just a child with not good enough parenting. His dad I'm sure was emotionally distant at times, his mother I imagine was prone to hysterics and a lot of emotional discharge. Then there was the issues both of them experienced as a couple. All of that was soaked up by Harry. I'm not surprised he has struggled.
    Even if his mam was alive I believe he would still struggle. Her death simply made it all the more complicated.

Instead of finding his constant talking and berating of his family to be brave, his discussion of mental ill health to be important, I think it lacks dignity and is really distasteful.
    At some point those who have experienced trauma need to find a way to not let it consume them and to take power away from the event/s

Harry seems stuck in his narrative of hurt and anger and he seems to be feeding it and wallowing in it. What good does criticising his father do at this point? Or indeed the Royal family as a whole? I understand the need to tell your story when you've been hurt and to want to be heard. So publicly though? Why?

My guess is that he wants to hurt them. He wants his brother and dad and grandmother to be hurt and to know how that feels. It is about "getting my own back" rather than it being healing and cathartic for him.

And that’s why it’s not going down well- I could understand such behaviour in his 20s but this has come like a bolt out of the blue- he genuinely got on well with his brother his sister in law and up to recent years his father - I’m all for speaking out about depression, anxiety etc but currently it’s coming across as blaming everyone and the public don’t take too kindly to that- he’s a public figure who wants to remain a public figure on his terms but the world of celebrity doesn’t work like that, and he’s just another celebrity now and that world is even more fickle than fans of the royal family

• Advertisement

She is staying extremely quiet throughout all of this. I think she has a long-term game plan and he possibly is playing right into her hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

[quote="Tilden Katz;117229209"

Great advice I got from my father: if you don’t lie, you don’t have to remember anything.[/quote]

I've lived by that advice since I'm a teen. I've a hard enough time remember things that actually happened, never mind made up events!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The telegraph?

That headline makes it seem that William is actively trying to win a “battle” when to me it’s like William and Harry and playing tennis and Harry is hitting unforced errors. Harry’s losing the battle all by himself. I did say during the funeral that there was little to no interaction between his family and Harry which I think hasn’t changed. He’s also saying the royal family as a whole so members who have had **** all to do with whatever he’s feel was done wrong are lumped in. I mean I know him and his cousin Zara Phillips were close and he’s threw her under the bus but just giving a blanket statement.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That headline makes it seem that William is actively trying to win a “battle” when to me it’s like William and Harry and playing tennis and Harry is hitting unforced errors. Harry’s losing the battle all by himself. I did say during the funeral that there was little to no interaction between his family and Harry which I think hasn’t changed. He’s also saying the royal family as a whole so members who have had **** all to do with whatever he’s feel was done wrong are lumped in. I mean I know him and his cousin Zara Phillips were close and he’s threw her under the bus but just giving a blanket statement.

What did he say about Zara?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

$$$

• Advertisement

What did he say about Zara?

Well nothing but he’s throwing the whole family under the bus which includes her and I know the two were close so that can’t be nice for her or the rest to be blamed for something you’d nothing to do with.

This latest batch of interviews and Apple series have really swayed the opinions of a lot of their white fans in the US.

People are now comparing how she begged her father to deal with family issues privately, help her stop the sister taking shots at her, and sued the tabloids for printing her leter, stating the right to privacy. With Harry now openly airing family business and making wild allegations.
    Particularly when he has been open on saying the Palace not like respond to these type of attacks.

In one of his interviews he said M made him see how during it he had reverted to a 12 Yr old boy. The irony that he can't see what he is now behaving like a 12 year old and lashing out at his family. It's laughable.

Why in all of this he wants to hurt his brother I don't understand ? I could get him having repressed anger at his dad and nan. I don't agree with how he is dealing with it but the hate for Wills I don't get at all.

Another thing I don't understand. He is all pally with Orlando Bloom, who worked on the new animation series taking the mic out of the royals. They have George in it and apparently mock him badly. How could you be friends with someone who takes part in that. Don't you care about how damaging that will be to your nephew if he sees it? Not worried about his mental health are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

Why in all of this he wants to hurt his brother I don't understand ? I could get him having repressed anger at his dad and nan. I don't agree with how he is dealing with it but the hate for Wills I don't get at all.

There is a rift between the brothers because William advised him when he first start seeing MM not to rush into anything to quick. This got to Harry because he thought he was insulting MM but in hindsight it was the best advise he ever got in my opinion

There is a rift between the brothers because William advised him when he first start seeing MM not to rush into anything to quick. This got to Harry because he thought he was insulting MM but in hindsight it was the best advise he ever got in my opinion

Pity, he didn’t listen to him!! William probably saw straight through her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And obviously he ran straight to Meghan to tell her what went down. Seems like once you cross her you have to go and Harry went along with that.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    And obviously he ran straight to Meghan to tell her what went down. Seems like once you cross her you have to go and Harry went along with that.

Which is probably why practically none of his family said a word to him when he was back home. Its clear there is zero trust there now, and once trust is gone it’s hard to get it back. I know we can’t know for definite but if they had still been paid by the family would these issues have come out ?

Imagine Harry used to have standing in the UK and now he’s a preachy celebrity in Hollywood. Fair fall from grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Another thing I don't understand. He is all pally with Orlando Bloom, who worked on the new animation series taking the mic out of the royals. They have George in it and apparently mock him badly. How could you be friends with someone who takes part in that. Don't you care about how damaging that will be to your nephew if he sees it? Not worried about his mental health are you ?

If this is true, it's completely hypocritical of Harry. It's utterly unforgivable for any adult to condone nastiness to a child, even one who's a prince. And worse again when it's his own uncle - especially an uncle who feels so sorry for himself about his own childhood.

Just leaving this video which kind of blows holes in Harry’s assertion that nobody in the royal family helped him. Maybe it’s me that looks like he’s got a fairly supportive brother and sister in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Just leaving this video which kind of blows holes in Harry’s assertion that nobody in the royal family helped him. Maybe it’s me that looks like he’s got a fairly supportive brother and sister in law.

they seemed so good togehter, the three, and they had a good thing going with their mental health project. It's so sad to see this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

As Del Boy would say he's a 24 carat plonker.

• Advertisement

Jesus, what happened?
    This seems such a healthy discussion. What in the world has happened to him to turn him away from these particular family members?

That video was the point that I decided that even if I don’t understand or want to be part of a monarchy, it seems these three are sound and can do good. Fast forward a few years and on a human level(which is what we all can understand) it’s very very sad to see it the way it’s now from the public comments(so there’s no rumours) from Prince Harry. I mean he’s a different person here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

bubblypop wrote: »
    Jesus, what happened?
    This seems such a healthy discussion. What in the world has happened to him to turn him away from these particular family members?

Meghan.

As if she needs this at this stage of her life. Really don't get what Harry is doing.

I know that is what everyone believes happened. His reaction to this seems far to extreme (trashing your brothers lifestyle, Job and calling him a racist). Harry by his own admission in earlier interviews has said he often does not like to take Wills advice. Even if it's the right advice. Feel to me like their has to be far more too it than that.

volchitsa wrote: »
    If this is true, it's completely hypocritical of Harry. It's utterly unforgivable for any adult to condone nastiness to a child, even one who's a prince. And worse again when it's his own uncle - especially an uncle who feels so sorry for himself about his own childhood.

The show is on hold because of Prince Philips death.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/hbo-max-delays-prince-philip-series-1234947567/

It was all over the tabloids in December re George. The show is called the Prince.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13397497/prince-george-royal-family-mocked-hbo-cartoon/amp/

Jesus, that's rough.
    He's just a little boy

That's low. A 54 year old man mocking a 7 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

I know that is what everyone believes happened. His reaction to this seems far to extreme (trashing your brothers lifestyle, Job and calling him a racist). Harry by his own admission in earlier interviews has said he often does not like to take Wills advice. Even if it's the right advice. Feel to me like their has to be far more too it than that.

I'd imagine mm is in Harry's ear about it, sure that alone would explain everything going on, when the Queen or Prince Charles dies he will regret all his actions now, its only when they are gone that you realise they were not so bad. I saw an interview from the 2000s, it was actually ant and Dec interviewing prince Charles and the two sons for the prince's Trust charity and they were all getting on great, typical father sons relationship

https://youtu.be/lBvix8cJ_zc

• Advertisement

Do you know what year this was? It is honestly like a bad sifi movie and someone else has taken control of Harry's body/mind. Crazy. So sad.

Advertisement