Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hadn’t heard about that show but while three royal family have been the but of jokes in shows like spitting image it never came across as mean spirited.

So given that Prince Harry is friends with Orlando bloom, does he condone this mocking of his family ? Seems it’s okay to mock them but if there was a show based around Archie in a mocking way, the two would be up in arms. It’s why I’m not a fan of Hollywood and celebrities Pontificating to people and found Ricky Gervais monologue at the golden globes brilliant.

Do you know what year this was? It is honestly like a bad sifi movie and someone else has taken control of Harry's body/mind. Crazy. So sad.

It says in the description 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Do you know what year this was? It is honestly like a bad sifi movie and someone else has taken control of Harry's body/mind. Crazy. So sad.

Did a quick google. April 2017 so Meghan was on the scene by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Did a quick google. April 2017 so Meghan was on the scene by then.

On the scene but had not yet dug her nails fully in obviously.

No indeed.

• Advertisement

No indeed.

I seen Oprah has come out to let people know that just because you want privacy does not mean you must be silent. She is not happy with backlash they're receiving over this latest series. Doesn't not want her new cash cow derailed me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not only had she not dug them in at all then, she still hasn't dug them in at all now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I seen Oprah has come out to let people know that just because you want privacy does not mean you must be silent. She is not happy with backlash they're receiving over this latest series. Doesn't not want her new cash cow derailed me thinks.

whatever her reason or reasons for making that statement, she is correct.

Well my understanding is the first amendment allows for equal rights to say what you want and also for people to rightly criticise something you put into the public domain. I’ve heard some of the quotes and if Harry things he’s going to have any relationship with his brother and the rest of his family after his public airing of dirty Landry which have been shown to be be economically recollections at best then he’s naive at best.

This is true.

However, one would think if privacy from the press was your intention, you would stop making inflammatory statements to media outlets. The airing of familial issue is only serving to further fan the flames of the tabloids and inviting further breaches of your privacy. It is counter productive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Hadn’t heard about that show but while three royal family have been the but of jokes in shows like spitting image it never came across as mean spirited.

So given that Prince Harry is friends with Orlando bloom, does he condone this mocking of his family ? Seems it’s okay to mock them but if there was a show based around Archie in a mocking way, the two would be up in arms. It’s why I’m not a fan of Hollywood and celebrities Pontificating to people and found Ricky Gervais monologue at the golden globes brilliant.

Harry can strike off working for mental health charities if he likes mocking 7 year olds. Weird angle to take while complaing about his own "childhood trauma".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I await the satirical cartoon of the Sussex brood with pleasure. No doubt someone will make one soon.

In her head maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oprah is actually the biggest con/fraud in this whole sorry pathetic charade!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It was all over the tabloids in December re George. The show is called the Prince.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13397497/prince-george-royal-family-mocked-hbo-cartoon/amp/

Jeepers, just when you think nothing can surprise you anymore. How the hell does anyone think it's funny to mock a small child like that? :mad:

walshb wrote: »
    Oprah is actually the biggest con/fraud in this while sorry pathetic charade!

Wrong. Oprah is squillions of dollars better off because of this sorry pathetic charade! She doesn’t care a fig for Harry, Meg or indeed The Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jeepers, just when you think nothing can surprise you anymore. How the hell does anyone think it's funny to mock a small child like that? :mad:

I'm sorry, but that is incredibly benign in comparison to Spitting Image.

Sardonicat wrote: »

I don’t remember Spitting Image poking spiteful “fun” at children.

I don’t remember Spitting Image poking spiteful “fun” at children.

Really ? Perhaps you are too young to remember Harry and Willism being depicted as squealing, puking, dopey brats with enormous jug ears and perma-snot noses, but I'm not.

Spitting image was not a program based solely on the RF.

This show calls its self The Prince. The whole thing seems to be built on the idea of mocking a child and showing him in the most unfaltering light.. No one knows what George is like. He is not of age to be speaking with the press and even if he was and came across as obnoxious, it still would not be right..

If there was a show about Archie doing the same thing there would already be a lawsuit in the works.

• Advertisement

This show calls its self The Prince. The whole thing seems to be built on the idea of mocking a child and showing him in the most unfaltering light.. No one knows what George is like. He is not of age to be speaking with the press and even if he was and came across as obnoxious, it still would not be right..

If there was a show about Archie doing the same thing there would already be a lawsuit in the works.

No, it wasn't based solely around the RF, but it certainly didn't pull any punches when it came to depicting any member of the RF.

I do get your point about how H and M would react if it was their son being depicted, though. My post was more in response to those saying Spitting Image wasn't mean spirited - it was the most brutal kind if satire with no sacred cows, everyone was a target, including Royal offspring.

This is true.

However, one would think if privacy from the press was your intention, you would stop making inflammatory statements to media outlets. The airing of familial issue is only serving to further fan the flames of the tabloids and inviting further breaches of your privacy. It is counter productive.

it wasn't complete privacy they wanted, it was just to get away from a couple of english news papers who are incidious rags which still have more influence then they should given their past track record.
    now, i would agree they were both naive to think that those news papers would stop their trashiness, if that is what they thought would happen.
    walshb wrote: »
    Oprah is actually the biggest con/fraud in this whole sorry pathetic charade!

is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

it wasn't complete privacy they wanted, it was just to get away from a couple of english news papers who are incidious rags which still have more influence then they should given their past track record.
    now, i would agree they were both naive to think that those news papers would stop their trashiness, if that is what they thought would happen.

is she?

You think the American Media is any better than the British?

Really ? Perhaps you are too young to remember Harry and Willism being depicted as squealing, puking, dopey brats with enormous jug ears and perma-snot noses, but I'm not.

Now that you mention it, I do! But the difference is that they weren’t the sole focus of the programme.

Now that you mention it, I do! But the difference is that they weren’t the sole focus of the programme.

While I do think The Prince is mean spirited in its focus, I still think its tame compared to Spitting Image. And it isn't even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

is she?

That’s what I said...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I am actually surprised that it is allowed to be aired. But if it is not, so maybe reason was not only Prince Philip death but also maybe lawsuits in the background. You can't do such things to a real kid nowadays.

On the other hand Oprah initial interview disappeared miraculously. Maybe there is also a lawsuit in play?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I hope that programme doesn't go ahead.

If it does, and Harry is portrayed unflatteringly, while being voiced by his pal Orlando Bloom, :pac: there will be a hissy fit of epic proportions, I would say.

JoChervil wrote: »
    I am actually surprised that it is allowed to be aired. But if it is not, so maybe reason was not only Prince Philip death but also maybe lawsuits in the background. You can't do such things to a real kid nowadays.

On the other hand Oprah initial interview disappeared miraculously. Maybe there is also a lawsuit in play?

Oh really I had not seen that. There were also all the unseen bits which were meant to be released and that has not come to pass yet. The RF don't usually sue so would be surprised if it was them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I wonder is this crap on the legal side? For me, it's defamation as I don't think the members of the royal family gave their ok to it.

I know they don't like to open lawsuits but in this case it would be necessary fmpov. Especially with the underage kid involved. George will ask one day why they didn't fight against it.

American sh** producer think they can do whatever they want or what?

Advertisement