Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Oh really I had not seen that. There were also all the unseen bits which were meant to be released and that has not come to pass yet. The RF don't usually sue so would be surprised if it was them.

oh, sorry, havn't seen this post, actually already says what I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wrong. Oprah is squillions of dollars better off because of this sorry pathetic charade! She doesn’t care a fig for Harry, Meg or indeed The Queen.

Yep

Were you meant to type right, here?

tara73 wrote: »
    I wonder is this crap on the legal side? For me, it's defamation as I don't think the members of the royal family gave their ok to it.

I know they don't like to open lawsuits but in this case it would be necessary fmpov. Especially with the underage kid involved. George will ask one day why they didn't fight against it.

American sh** producer think they can do whatever they want or what?

1st amendment and all that “bonkers” stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn’t know she had an uncle. I mean he’s entitled to his say but I doubt it’ll change anything good or bad.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Didn’t know she had an uncle. I mean he’s entitled to his say but I doubt it’ll change anything good or bad.

I think that when he really needs them (When Meg kicks him out) Wills and Kate will be there to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think that when he really needs them (When Meg kicks him out) Wills and Kate will be there to pick up the pieces.

He will have a lot of making up to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

American sh** producer think they can do whatever they want or what?

Basically, yeah they can. The 1st amendment implicitly protects satire and parody under the free expression clause. This has long been upheld in American courts, including in cases where the media at hand was considered distasteful by many.

The 1st amendment in the USA allows for a broader scope of freedom of speech in the US than its counterpart does in the UK. Things like libel are much harder to prove in the US where you have to prove actual damages have occurred instead of presuming damages may occur. This is probably why Harry thinks it's bonkers; if you're coming at it from the perspective of a UK citizen, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

At this point with all the ammunition they have given I would love Jonathan Swan from Axios to interview them and call them out on their "truths" like he did with Trump last year.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    At this point with all the ammunition they have given I would love Jonathan Swan from Axios to interview them and call them out on their "truths" like he did with Trump last year.

They will never agree to interviews with anyone who might challenge their narrative

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

He will have a lot of making up to do..

True.

It would be extremely difficult, I imagine, for any of them to ever trust him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They will never agree to interviews with anyone who might challenge their narrative

Are you suggesting that the Oprah interview was not open and honest and was in fact a carefully contrived publicity piece which a child could have spotted a mile away?!

I reckon even Meghan is doing a Patrick Stewart facepalm at some of the utter gick that Harry is coming out with

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

walshb wrote: »
    I reckon even Meghan is doing a Patrick Stewart facepalm at some of the utter gick that Harry is coming out with

I doubt it.. I'd say she writes the scripts..

To thine own self be true

He's probably wearing an ear piece so she can tell him what to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the contrary, I’d say she’s absolutely delighted. This very public breakdown Harry is enduring will play right into her hands when it comes to the inevitable divorce

On the contrary, I’d say she’s absolutely delighted. This very public breakdown Harry is enduring will play right into her hands when it comes to the inevitable divorce

I am not saying that she is not delighted...

I am sure she is....

I watched one video of Prince William giving his statement and how YouTube works I got another one recommended which like the other one I posted kind of blows the narrative of Harry’s out the gap. The video is from 2016.

He doesn’t seem trapped here, he seems like a guy having a good laugh with his brother during an interview about his father. So it begs the question, was he lying here or is it the most recent utterances from him, that are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It is going to be interesting how much of the existing narrative Harry is going to try to rewrite.

lazygal wrote: »
    It is going to be interesting how much of the existing narrative Harry is going to try to rewrite.

I wouldn’t say interesting but it’s shown him up as someone who’s words are at the best open to further scrutiny and at worst aren’t utterly worthless which given who wants to live now, isn’t a great position to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched one video of Prince William giving his statement and how YouTube works I got another one recommended which like the other one I posted kind of blows the narrative of Harry’s out the gap. The video is from 2016.

He doesn’t seem trapped here, he seems like a guy having a good laugh with his brother during an interview about his father. So it begs the question, was he lying here or is it the most recent utterances from him, that are rubbish.

thanks for that. Bonkers, if you think it's just 5 years ago.

But one thing I notice in this videos, it is quite clear Harry plays second fiddle and that is, what William is pushing for also.

William is giving the answers, answering first seems important for him. Harry can add something at best and is looking very often for kind of approval to William or even asking if it's right what he's saying.

Harry says something and if it all would be on eye level, William would comment a bit on the things Harry said, that's what you do in a conversation on eye level or being polite, but he's just going straight to another subject. He's also interrupting Harry. When Harry answered first, William is very keen to take over to talk and does.

We don't know the real lifelong relationship between this two brothers in the end. only the two are knowing it and my guess is, they were never really on eye level. I can understand where Harry is coming from being fed up with always maybe being a bit undermined from William.

That said, still no reasons to act that bonkers now and wash dirty laundry in the tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

That's how weak people work, when they get a little power. Strong person would work kindly as usual. Weak person will get revenge for all those years he felt suppressed.

So it seems all this earlier likability of Harry came from his weak people pleasing attitude and now he is showing his true colours. He is exaggerating in an opposite direction now, so I am sure he will regret it later, when he satisfies his quest for power. I hope few people will still be alive for him to make amends, when he sees his faults. But he might never see his faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

thanks for that. Bonkers, if you think it's just 5 years ago.

But one thing I notice in this videos, it is quite clear Harry plays second fiddle and that is, what William is pushing for also.

William is giving the answers, answering first seems important for him. Harry can add something at best and is looking very often for kind of approval to William or even asking if it's right what he's saying.

Harry says something and if it all would be on eye level, William would comment a bit on the things Harry said, that's what you do in a conversation on eye level or being polite, but he's just going straight to another subject. He's also interrupting Harry. When Harry answered first, William is very keen to take over to talk and does.

We don't know the real lifelong relationship between this two brothers in the end. only the two are knowing it and my guess is, they were never really on eye level. I can understand where Harry is coming from being fed up with always maybe being a bit undermined from William.

That said, still no reasons to act that bonkers now and wash dirty laundry in the tabloids.

Maybe as William knows Harry and seems to say too much when given the chance he was trying to protect them from Harry's speak first think later approach to interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Harry keeps going on about not wanting history repeating itself re. what happened his mother, having no option but to leave for California. How hard is it to find a chauffeur who is a non-drinker or to breathalyse them regularly, or, heaven forbid, drive yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Harry keeps going on about not wanting history repeating itself re. what happened his mother, having no option but to leave for California. How hard is it to find a chauffeur who is a non-drinker or to breathalyse them regularly, or, heaven forbid, drive yourselves?

Clunk Click every trip

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Says it all. “Meghan also does Reiki on herself, and even on Archie and her dogs to help them feel more balanced and relaxed.'” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9579727/How-Meghan-does-Reiki-Archie-promotes-alternative-tapping-therapy.html

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Maybe as William knows Harry and seems to say too much when given the chance he was trying to protect them from Harry's speak first think later approach to interviews.

I think your spot on there. Always looked to me like Wills was trying to keep Harry out of trouble. I would also say that a lot of younger siblings defer to there elders in a whole host of situations. This interview is just an example for one of there's. I know mine often leave the bulk of chatting to me when we have to deal with cerian extended family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭Deeec

Says it all. “Meghan also does Reiki on herself, and even on Archie and her dogs to help them feel more balanced and relaxed.'” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9579727/How-Meghan-does-Reiki-Archie-promotes-alternative-tapping-therapy.html

Ancestral healing LOL :eek:

• Advertisement

Maybe it might help Harry with his 'genetic pain'. Poor lamb...

Advertisement