Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Deeec wrote: »
    Ancestral healing LOL :eek:

So is that what he’s doing with these interviews ? So given he’s gone back to his grandparents he’s got a few generations to “heal” yet of his direct assentors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Says it all. “Meghan also does Reiki on herself, and even on Archie and her dogs to help them feel more balanced and relaxed.'” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9579727/How-Meghan-does-Reiki-Archie-promotes-alternative-tapping-therapy.html

It does say it all. And it's something that you should not do unless you are a serious practitioner with years of experience or you could do damage to the the people you use it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭Deeec

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So is that what he’s doing with these interviews ? So given he’s gone back to his grandparents he’s got a few generations to “heal” yet of his direct assentors.

Well he has to earn a living now somehow. Washing his dirty linen in public is bringing the money in to keep Meg in the lifestyle shes got used to. Hes trying to set himself up as a mental health guru. He basically is blaming his grandparents for doing a poor job at raising Charles and that why he is so messed up ( according to him) . Its low of him to bring this up just after his grandfather passed away and when is grandmother is so frail.

I think the Americans are even getting fed up with him now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well he has to earn a living now somehow. Washing his dirty linen in public is bringing the money in to keep Meg in the lifestyle shes got used to. Hes trying to set himself up as a mental health guru. He basically is blaming his grandparents for doing a poor job at raising Charles and that why he is so messed up ( according to him) . Its low of him to bring this up just after his grandfather passed away and when is grandmother is so frail.

I think the Americans are even getting fed up with him now

Well him being clumsy with how he was taking about the first amendment won’t have helped. A good rule of thumb seems to be not to get within an arses roar of the first two amendments to the US constitution. Rightly or wrongly they get especially upset when you criticise them.

A rookie mistake for Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

When Megan eventually kicks him out, will the Royals take him back again? I don't think so. Hard to know where he is going to end up.

When Megan eventually kicks him out, will the Royals take him back again? I don't think so. Hard to know where he is going to end up.

Sadly I fear its not going to end well for Harry. Megan has brainwashed him.
    I fear he has gone too far now for the family to accept him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well him being clumsy with how he was taking about the first amendment won’t have helped. A good rule of thumb seems to be not to get within an arses roar of the first two amendments to the US constitution. Rightly or wrongly they get especially upset when you criticise them.

A rookie mistake for Harry.

I think you guys are really overselling this here. A few conservative media outlets who already didn't like H&M feigned outrage & made a mountain out of a molehill. They don't represent how Americans as a whole feel about H&M, or even the majority opinion (which would be, "who?"). It's already been forgotten by everyone except those who've got an axe to grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well, I never...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Wasn’t it Charles that got them in to polo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don’t know how to post pictures any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Well, I never...

I think Harry's point is that in LA, he can go outside the confines of a palace wall somewhat anonymously and do regular family things, where that photo seems to be taken within the RF Sandringham private estate.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I think Harry's point is that in LA, he can go outside the confines of a palace wall somewhat anonymously and do regular family things, where that photo seems to bevtajen within the RF Sandringham private estate.

They’ve had endless trouble with paparazzi in LA, flying drones over, photographing Archie at school etc. Very strange choice of city if you want to avoid the press.

I think Harry's point is that in LA, he can go outside the confines of a palace wall somewhat anonymously and do regular family things, where that photo seems to bevtajen within the RF Sandringham private estate.

He will find it hard to be anonymous in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

He will find it hard to be anonymous in LA.

But relocating to somewhere like Idaho or Wisconsin (or somewhere equally 'low key') just doesn't have the same glamour and prestige they'd need.

Tons of famous people manage to rear their kids out of the spotlight- could you even tell me what JLo's kids or Matt Damon's kids look like? It can be done, if you're arsed about keeping their faces out of the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Let's be honest here, they've no interest in being low key or living a private life. Their aim is to pimp themselves and their "hardships" to keep the money rolling in.

It's cheap and tacky, likely to end in tears, but it's obviously a conscious choice despite their protestations.

Let's be honest here, they've no interest in being low key or living a private life. Their aim is to pimp themselves and their "hardships" to keep the money rolling in.

It's cheap and tacky, likely to end in tears, but it's obviously a conscious choice despite their protestations.

Totally agree. Support will run out for them though. It is getting ridiculous now.
    Whats next - Will Harry blame his grannies dogs for his unhappiness

Totally agree. Support will run out for them though. It is getting ridiculous now.
    Whats next - Will Harry blame his grannies dogs for his unhappiness

It wouldn't surprise me! I remember him saying something like the Queen's dogs were all over Meghan but not him!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The palace at work - refuting the allegations without saying a word. Very strategic to just let the photos speak for themselves.

It just goes to show that working with the press as royals, giving them the occasional well managed photo-shoot ensures you can call in a favour from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Neyite wrote: »
    The palace at work - refuting the allegations without saying a word. Very strategic to just let the photos speak for themselves.

It just goes to show that working with the press as royals, giving them the occasional well managed photo-shoot ensures you can call in a favour from time to time.

Whoever is doing the Palace PR and the William and Catherine PR are doing a fantastic job.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

lazygal wrote: »
    Whoever is doing the Palace PR and the William and Catherine PR are doing a fantastic job.

They really are. You can see they really know their stuff. Royal PR seems to be very different from regular PR, probably involving a fair bit of knowing royal protocol and diplomacy.

It does make the other side look amateur and scattered and shows the importance of having a working relationship with the press. I suppose it helps when one isn't suing publications every five minutes doesn't it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Normally I root for the little people, but it pleases me if the Palace machine is running rings around the pair in such a subtle way

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

They really are. You can see they really know their stuff. Royal PR seems to be very different from regular PR, probably involving a fair bit of knowing royal protocol and diplomacy.

It does make the other side look amateur and scattered and shows the importance of having a working relationship with the press. I suppose it helps when one isn't suing publications every five minutes doesn't it? :pac:
    It shows what a machine that family firm really is. There's a clear, concise strategy, they've built up the necessary contacts to place stories and they know how the game works. Harry and Megan are coming across as Instagram stars who can't handle a real PR machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I think the destination was always going to be coming and going between the US and the UK, it was likely why Meghan retained the PR company Sunshine Sachs to scope it all out and put a plan of action in place. They likely sold them both on the fame and fortune awaiting them in the US i.e. there will be endless red carpet events/that old cliché of them turning up for the opening of an envelope. A list parties galore, Charity events where they could speak about compassion and humanity, everyone wanting to rub shoulders with actual proper Royalty. Harry would be the Prince finding his feet in Hollywood. The PR would organise it all. They bought into it and ploughed ahead. It was very understandable and you can see their point of view in doing it. Make hay while the sunshines, pardon the pun. Along with the Sussex Royal branding then they wouldn't have any financial worries either and merching it all out would net them an estimated half a billion dollars. No security worries, more money than the “working” Royals. Sunshine Sachs would obviously get their cut of this as well. They saw an opportunity, sold it and, again, that’s understandable. Then the meanie Queen stepped in to get them to drop the Royal part of the branding. A disappointment, a drop in their "valuation" but then there would still be those events happening and the networking from it all would have them and their Royal status in well paid demand right? Then the virus left them completely in the doldrums. Their move abroad leaving them irrelevant, the couple who stepped down to chase glory. The working Royals stole a march on them in stepping in during peak Covid with the well-received messages of compassion and togetherness but similar messages from the Sussex couple failing to land and coming across as disingenuous from the couple who wanted out and had even taken pot shots at the Monarch for things like her not owning the word “Royal”. The problem now was that there was no plan B and their move which would have been genuinely successful was met with a perfect storm. What are they doing now? Scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel in order to chase relevance and attention for their fast fading brand. It was all just a failure to launch but I guess there would never be any acknowledgement of that so now we're witnessing the slow motion celebrity car crash of them burning bridges in trying to justify and deflect from what was a failure. Coming back to full time Royal work would be them having their tails between their legs. They always had that option available to them. There's just too much damage done now for that to happen and being cornered as such means them going to go on the offensive I suppose.

They are basically influencers at this stage. High profile ones granted, but certainly aren't behaving like A-listers by airing their dirty washing in public like that. But it's the only thing keeping the headlines going - and they know that. The only reason media are even bothered about interviewing Harry is to see if he's going to reveal some juicy titbit about the other royals. They aren't interested in Harry and Meghan, they want dirt on the rest of them.

They are like fading celebrities trying desperately to throw nuggets of information into the media to stay in the headlines. Genuine A-listers don't need to do any of that. And royals definitely do not do that. It's uncouth and terribly declassé.

That's the difference between the Haves and the Have-Yachts I guess.

I have to say William had his head screwed on when finding a life partner and Catherine is doing a sterling job. She knows what the role is and wears it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Oh and when Meghan dumps him it'll all be everyone else's fault that it didn't work out.

He's a terrible mix of dim and spoiled.

They are basically influencers at this stage. High profile ones granted, but certainly aren't behaving like A-listers by airing their dirty washing in public like that. But it's the only thing keeping the headlines going - and they know that. The only reason media are even bothered about interviewing Harry is to see if he's going to reveal some juicy titbit about the other royals. They aren't interested in Harry and Meghan, they want dirt on the rest of them.

They are like fading celebrities trying desperately to throw nuggets of information into the media to stay in the headlines. Genuine A-listers don't need to do any of that. And royals definitely do not do that. It's uncouth and terribly declassé.

That's the difference between the Haves and the Have-Yachts I guess.

In her hurry to become famous, she has probably become infamous! Played her cards too soon.

I can't see this relationship lasting at all. They both seem like pretty toxic people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Multipass wrote: »
    They’ve had endless trouble with paparazzi in LA, flying drones over, photographing Archie at school etc. Very strange choice of city if you want to avoid the press.

They live in Montecito, not LA. If they lived in Santa Monica, I wouldn't bother bringing this up because SM & LA are basically the same town. But Montecito is different. Montecito is not LA. It's a 1.5 hour drive or 90 miles up the coast. Super rich, super exclusive, very not-friendly to paparazzi and nosy tourists. Montecito makes a lot of sense if you want access to LA without dealing with the paps on a daily basis.

The pics of Archie going to school were taken while they were in LA last summer, before they moved to Montecito, so no surprise there.

Advertisement