Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Neyite wrote: »
    They really are. You can see they really know their stuff. Royal PR seems to be very different from regular PR, probably involving a fair bit of knowing royal protocol and diplomacy.

It does make the other side look amateur and scattered and shows the importance of having a working relationship with the press. I suppose it helps when one isn't suing publications every five minutes doesn't it? :pac:

And that same royal PR probably helped a lot, over the years in the image that the British public had of Harry also. Not to say he didn't / doesn't have good qualities, of course.
    But I imagine the PR contributed to the kind of 'lovable rogue' image he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

And that same royal PR probably helped a lot, over the years in the image that the British public had of Harry also. Not to say he didn't / doesn't have good qualities, of course.
    But I imagine the PR contributed to the kind of 'lovable rogue' image he had.

He was painted as the fun spare, had girlfriends and some very questionable fancy dress outfits but the image was managed in a Royal context. Its obvious now he's a man in his late 30s with no discernable skills who's made a series of really poor decisions and will have two children in the middle of this sorry mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Everyone is cashing in now:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/840287-kim-kardashian-accused-of-making-money-out-of-prince-harry-meghans-exit

I wonder will H&M sue Kimmy. She is already worth a billion; so I can't seem them wanting her making money off their story. After all, its the Kardashian lifestyle that they want.

Everyone is cashing in now:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/840287-kim-kardashian-accused-of-making-money-out-of-prince-harry-meghans-exit

I wonder will H&M sue Kimmy. She is already worth a billion; so I can't seem them wanting her making money off their story. After all, its the Kardashian lifestyle that they want.

I never knew Kimmy was a supermodel!

I never knew Kimmy was a supermodel!

Me either.. I doubt the younger (actual) model sister will be happy with that description. They call anyone a supermodel now days. Not like the 90s :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Tons of famous people manage to rear their kids out of the spotlight- could you even tell me what JLo's kids or Matt Damon's kids look like? It can be done, if you're arsed about keeping their faces out of the press.

Yeah but just look at people's reactions when they didn't post archies face on his birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Harry is more Spencer than Windsor,red hair runs in the Spencer gene.He is showing the same contempt for the royal's as his uncle Lord Spencer did with his speech at Diana's funeral. they both clearly blame Charles and his family for Diana's death.

Harry is more Spencer than Windsor,red hair runs in the Spencer gene.He is showing the same contempt for the royal's as his uncle Lord Spencer did with his speech at Diana's funeral. they both clearly blame Charles and his family for Diana's death.
    Which is nonsense, she didn't wear a seatbelt and the driver was drunk. Its a sad accident, nothing more.

That speech was really self serving, even though widely praised at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He’s far from a positive example.

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    I have to say William had his head screwed on when finding a life partner and Catherine is doing a sterling job. She knows what the role is and wears it well.

Well she was in training for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

valoren wrote: »
    I think the destination was always going to be coming and going between the US and the UK, it was likely why Meghan retained the PR company Sunshine Sachs to scope it all out and put a plan of action in place.

had a quick research on that PR-company...Ben Affleck, Michael Jackson...Harvey Weinstein:eek: in their portfolio...Seems like they attract people who fall from grace..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They live in Montecito, not LA. If they lived in Santa Monica, I wouldn't bother bringing this up because SM & LA are basically the same town. But Montecito is different. Montecito is not LA. It's a 1.5 hour drive or 90 miles up the coast. Super rich, super exclusive, very not-friendly to paparazzi and nosy tourists. Montecito makes a lot of sense if you want access to LA without dealing with the paps on a daily basis.

The pics of Archie going to school were taken while they were in LA last summer, before they moved to Montecito, so no surprise there.

Those pics of Archie can't be from last summer because Meghan is heavily pregnant in them. I'd imagine the paparazzi were called up for those, as is fairly common for celebrities to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Which is nonsense, she didn't wear a seatbelt and the drive was drunk. Its a sad accident, nothing more.

That speech was really self serving, even though widely praised at the time.

Yes she didn't wear a seat belt and the driver was drunk but her car crashed because of a high speed chase with paparazzi scum looking for a sensational photograph.

To thine own self be true

Yes she didn't wear a seat belt and the driver was drunk but her car crashed because of a high speed chase with paparazzi scum looking for a sensational photograph.
    That's nothing to do with the Royal family. Diana and her partner were in another country, she decided to have a fling on the rebound with a rich man who brought her to Paris and then decided to use a man who wasn't trained as a professional driver to get from one part of the city to another.
    It would be like blaming the Royal family for a car accident Megan was in when having a baby shower in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's nothing to do with the Royal family. Diana and her partner were in another country, she decided to have a fling on the rebound with a rich man who brought her to Paris and then decided to use a man who wasn't trained as a professional driver to get from one part of the city to another.
    It would be like blaming the Royal family for a car accident Megan was in when having a baby shower in New York.

No I don't blame the RF, but it definitely wasn't just a tragic accident, it was the bloodhounds looking for a sensational photo and showing no regard for anybody's safety that caused 3 people to die.

To thine own self be true

No I don't blame the RF, but it definitely wasn't just a tragic accident, it was the bloodhounds looking for a sensational photo and showing no regard for anybody's safety that caused 3 people to die.
    It was an accident. A professionally trained driver who wasn't drunk at the wheel would have made a difference. Wearing a seatbelt would have made a difference. There's no big meaning beyond it, apart from the fact that the world's most famous woman died.

The fact that they continued to take pictures of her while she lay dying shows the lengths they would go to get a 'money shot'.
    The paps weren't the sole cause of the accident but they were a huge contributing factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Diana’s death was a combination of many factors. High speed, drunk driver, no seatbelts (although I read elsewhere that Royals don’t wear seatbelts since Princess Anne’s attempted kidnap. It’s easier to escape) and her lack of personal protection which she shirked due to increasing paranoia and distrust. It was the perfect storm of calamities and it can’t really be blamed on any one thing. Who knows, even if they weren’t being chased that night they may still have crashed due to the driver being drunk and the lack of seat belts, and if the driver hadn’t been drunk they may still have crashed due to the high speed chase. We’ll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The cause of Diana’s death was a car crash. I know there are conspiracy theories, from including Mohamed Al-Fayed who believes there was other factors at play but we know that the driver was drunk and also on medication which is not a good combination for obvious reasons.

I think I’m right in saying that the paparazzi arrived at the crash scene a bit after the crash had happened so I don’t think you can they directly caused the crash(as in contact with the car prior to the crash), and there is this mystery car that was meant to have come into contact with the Mercedes Diana was in, but like the alleged third ship on the night of the titanic sinking, no can prove it was there.

There is extensive news coverage on YouTube of the night and morning she died and one reporter says that the royal drivers would have better trained for this situation but they weren’t there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A white Fiat Uno was supposed to have been involved, but it was never traced.

It was a tragic accident, and ironically Diana was fond of courting the press herself. When you go down that route you don't get to pick and choose when you're papped unfortunately.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The cause of Diana’s death was a car crash. I know there are conspiracy theories, from including Mohamed Al-Fayed who believes there was other factors at play but we know that the driver was drunk and also on medication which is not a good combination for obvious reasons.

I think I’m right in saying that the paparazzi arrived at the crash scene a bit after the crash had happened so I don’t think you can they directly caused the crash(as in contact with the car prior to the crash), and there is this mystery car that was meant to have come into contact with the Mercedes Diana was in, but like the alleged third ship on the night of the titanic sinking, no can prove it was there.

There is extensive news coverage on YouTube of the night and morning she died and one reporter says that the royal drivers would have better trained for this situation but they weren’t there.

The inquest concluded that the accident was caused by the driver and the paparazzi chasing them on motorbikes.
    The RF absolutely had nothing to do with her death though, not one shred of evidence has ever been found to implement them in it.

lrushe wrote: »
    The fact that they continued to take pictures of her while she lay dying shows the lengths they would go to get a 'money shot'.
    The paps weren't the sole cause of the accident but they were a huge contributing factor.
    Sure rubberneckers do that here.
    Disgusting behaviour by anyone, ‘professional’ or not.

The way the American supporters of MM go on, you would think the RF took out a hit on Diana.

A white Fiat Uno was supposed to have been involved, but it was never traced.

It was a tragic accident, and ironically Diana was fond of courting the press herself. When you go down that route you don't get to pick and choose when you're papped unfortunately.

A yes the white fiat uno. That’s what it was. Like most tragic accidents there are more than one factor and if one is removed then maybe they don’t happen.

The way the American supporters of MM go on, you would think the RF took out a hit on Diana.

Americans seem to love the idea of royalty(which is funny when you look at their history) more than the actual reality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Since her death the Spencer's have alway's had issue's with the way she was treated within the family,Charles been unfaithful,Ann, Margaret turning against her simply because she became more popular then them,ignoring her cry,s for help i.e eating disorder,throwing herself down stair's.Queen showing no intrest in her well being.The only one that showed he compassion was Philip who in one of his many letter's wrote"i will never understand giving you up for Camilla".The Spencer's feel all of this and more contributed to her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Since her death the Spencer's have alway's had issue's with the way she was treated within the family,Charles been unfaithful,Ann, Margaret turning against her simply because she became more popular then them,ignoring her cry,s for help i.e eating disorder,throwing herself down stair's.Queen showing no intrest in her well being.The only one that showed he compassion was Philip who in one of his many letter's wrote"i will never understand giving you up for Camilla".The Spencer's feel all of this and more contributed to her death.

How did any of those things contribute to a car crash?

Read like typical in laws to me!

• Advertisement

She was a 36 year old divorced woman when she died. She was privileged and had access to any mental health supports she could possibly have needed. She was financially secure. She died because of a car accident not because her in laws weren't too keen on her.

Advertisement