Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Go Your Maj! Some people thrive on another person’s inability to defend themselves. Maybe this is the only way to put paid to Haz and the wife

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

Her Majesty isn’t amused. “The Queen will no longer remain silent when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex allow ‘mistruths’ about the Royal Family to circulate in the public domain, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

In a dramatic departure from her longstanding ‘never complain, never explain’ policy, Her Majesty has instructed courtiers to correct any statements which misrepresent her private conversations or those of other senior Royals.

The extraordinary move demonstrates the Queen’s exasperation at the relentless briefings that allies of the couple have been giving to the media and follows the bitter dispute over Harry and Meghan’s choice of name for their new daughter.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9680303/Queens-war-Harry-Meghans-LA-spin-machine.html

She's dead right too. Whatever about Meghan, she must be disappointed in Harry for letting things pan out this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think this will lead to them being stripped of their titles if true.

They probably banked on silence being maintained from the palace, it will be interesting to see what's thrown back at them and how many lawyer's letters they send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Em ugh pop pfft

If she did, then she should be very clear and shouting from the rooftops as to who the racist is, and what exactly the actions or words were. Own the accusation, rather than being allow innocent people to have the finger of suspicion pointed at them, while being vague enough to allow plausible deniability.

Maybe she is of the mindset that 'people are from a certain time's' and didn't want to point the finger at an individual but just highlight that racism still exists within the royal family.

Realistically what she did was that and that wasn't anything that wasn't already suspected given that members of the Royal Family have made racist remarks before....

Multipass wrote: »
    Haha, and there’s another royal with a history of racist remarks, and nazi uniform wearing, but he’s the victim now :pac:

Harry? Well that bitch Megan must have converted him :)

• Advertisement

Anyway I reckon it was Anne :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Her Majesty isn’t amused. “The Queen will no longer remain silent when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex allow ‘mistruths’ about the Royal Family to circulate in the public domain, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

In a dramatic departure from her longstanding ‘never complain, never explain’ policy, Her Majesty has instructed courtiers to correct any statements which misrepresent her private conversations or those of other senior Royals.

The extraordinary move demonstrates the Queen’s exasperation at the relentless briefings that allies of the couple have been giving to the media and follows the bitter dispute over Harry and Meghan’s choice of name for their new daughter.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9680303/Queens-war-Harry-Meghans-LA-spin-machine.html

hmm, is this true? I don't think this is the right move, I' m very surprised.

I always liked her silence and not commenting on the BS, on any BS, not only that from H+M. It's classy because with ignoring the bull****ter she was showing she didn't take them serious and didn't care about their potential lies.

how will it end up now? How will she defend against this broad allegations of racist remarks or that she was a bad mother? will she start explaining how she raised her kids?

fmpov H+M must having a ball right now because she's giving them exactly what they want with reacting to their BS, the puplicity they seem to crave for.

I actually don't believe she will engage in a tabloid war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

just watched the video at the end of the daily mail article, with the queen. she has gotten so thin and seems so fragile. she has lost a lot of weight. Camilla needed to help her to cut the cake with this bl*** sword, I think she would never have allowed that before. prince philips death (and most probably all the other crap) must have gotten to her a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

tara73 wrote: »
    just watched the video at the end of the daily mail article, with the queen. she has gotten so thin and seems so fragile. she has lost a lot of weight. Camilla needed to help her to cut the cake with this bl*** sword, I think she would never have allowed that before. prince philips death (and most probably all the other crap) must have gotten to her a lot.

Her grandsons incessant gossiping and bullshít cant be a help either. He's probably caused the RF more trouble than Andrew at this point who while doing actual criminal activity has shut the fcuk up and tried to keep his head down, rather than bleat incessantly. She must be worried every day what rubbish Harry will dribble out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

hmm, is this true? I don't think this is the right move, I' m very surprised.

I always liked her silence and not commenting on the BS, on any BS, not only that from H+M. It's classy because with ignoring the bull****ter she was showing she didn't take them serious and didn't care about their potential lies.

how will it end up now? How will she defend against this broad allegations of racist remarks or that she was a bad mother? will she start explaining how she raised her kids?

fmpov H+M must having a ball right now because she's giving them exactly what they want with reacting to their BS, the puplicity they seem to crave for.

I actually don't believe she will engage in a tabloid war.

I don’t think she will either, sounds more like a warning shot that they can no longer rely on complete silence to get away with blatant misrepresentation or lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I doubt the queen will change a position to saying little of anything about news reports when it’s served her well for nearly 70 years. I do think that story is a warning to Harry and Meghan to not push their luck too far and that there is a line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I doubt the queen will change a position to saying little of anything about news reports when it’s served her well for nearly 70 years. I do think that story is a warning to Harry and Meghan to not push their luck too far and that there is a line.

I think so too. A shot across the bows, so to speak. She won't start replying to all their old rubbish, but may well let the other side of things be known, when they 'leak' their version of something.

Can you imagine the atmosphere if /when they arrive for the unveiling of Diana's statue. Frosty! :D

What I still can't figure out is the difference between "The Institution" and the individuals within the family. It suggests the Queen has no agency over her life or work, that she must go along with the "men in grey suits". The whole thing baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It’s not family. It’s business.
    They’re the board and the employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

What I still can't figure out is the difference between "The Institution" and the individuals within the family. It suggests the Queen has no agency over her life or work, that she must go along with the "men in grey suits". The whole thing baffles me.

I don't think she must. But I think she takes into consideration their input. It is impossible to know everything, so the advisers' analysis is valuable. At the end of the day she is a kind of "a civil servant in a crown", so she can't do whatever she likes, if she wants the Monarchy to survive. Only H&M can naively think that you can be free from all obligations. We all are limited by the rights of others and the Monarchy as well is limited by the rights of UK citizens and their wellbeing, and their sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

JoChervil wrote: »
    I don't think she must. But I think she takes into consideration their input. It is impossible to know everything, so the advisers' analysis is valuable. At the end of the day she is a kind of "a civil servant in a crown", so she can't do whatever she likes, if she wants the Monarchy to survive. Only H&M can naively think that you can be free from all obligations. We all are limited by the rights of others and the Monarchy as well is limited by the rights of UK citizens and their wellbeing, and their sympathies.

UK subjects, not citizens!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Like we'll take tabloid newspapers as gospel!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

It’s easy to forget that she’s 95! I’m sure that she’s a lot more feeble than we ever see. Poor thing doesn’t need all this family hassle at her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I honestly think in three or four years time, one dark night, Harry will wake up and say to himself ‘what the actual f#%*! Surely I didn’t actually do a global gender reveal on Oprah while my wife branded my family as inhuman racists??’

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I think so too. A shot across the bows, so to speak. She won't start replying to all their old rubbish, but may well let the other side of things be known, when they 'leak' their version of something.

Can you imagine the atmosphere if /when they arrive for the unveiling of Diana's statue. Frosty! :D

Well it's already been stated by a "palace source" that their claim of her meeting the new baby on a video call is incorrect. If that was made up it just shows the amount of blatant lies they have been putting out safe in the knowledge that they won't be disputed.

For a couple so disdainful and unhappy with the institution, they sure want to go out of their way to portray themselves as still a part of it and on good terms with them. $$$$

• Advertisement

Grandpa Markle telling it as he sees it.

“I’m not an axe murder. I made one dumb mistake and I’ve been punished for it. This show they’ve been on, they talk about compassion, there’s no compassion for me, no compassion for my family, and no compassion for the world.

'If I had done something terribly wrong, that would be fine, but I haven't.'

With his ailing health continuing to deteriorate, Thomas said he fears he will never get to meet Archie, 2, or baby Lilibet, who was born on June 4.
    'I have things to say. Oprah Winfrey, for one, I think is playing Harry and Meghan,' he said.

'I think she is using them to build her network and build her new shows and I think she’s taken advantage of a very weakened man and has got him to say things that you just shouldn’t be saying on television.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9681517/Thomas-Markle-claims-Meghan-Harry-treating-like-axe-murderer-60-Minutes-interview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Grandpa Markle telling it as he sees it.

“I’m not an axe murder. I made one dumb mistake and I’ve been punished for it. This show they’ve been on, they talk about compassion, there’s no compassion for me, no compassion for my family, and no compassion for the world.

'If I had done something terribly wrong, that would be fine, but I haven't.'

With his ailing health continuing to deteriorate, Thomas said he fears he will never get to meet Archie, 2, or baby Lilibet, who was born on June 4.
    'I have things to say. Oprah Winfrey, for one, I think is playing Harry and Meghan,' he said.

'I think she is using them to build her network and build her new shows and I think she’s taken advantage of a very weakened man and has got him to say things that you just shouldn’t be saying on television.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9681517/Thomas-Markle-claims-Meghan-Harry-treating-like-axe-murderer-60-Minutes-interview.html

I really feel for Thomas Markle. He set up a photo op of himself, probably to try replace the unflattering images of him that were being sold to the papers. He was concerned about embarrassing his as daughter.. she probably was embarrassed by him as why else would she not introduce her OH to him?

The photos he set up were of him not her. He didn't sell stories about her, and said he tried to stop the rest of his family speaking to the press. To treat him the way she/they did was the turning point for a lot of people. I was team H&M until their treatment of Thomas came to light.

Megs has set up her own photo opps. They have both instructed friends to speak to the press on their behalf. But allow no one else to speak their truths. Its shocking.

Meg & Haz are willing to forgive a people who by their own words are, racist, careless, indifernt, inflexible and meanies, but cannot forgive her elderly sick father for a few photos of himself?? Boggles the mind. Tho not really. It's all about the show me the money with them.

I'm sure if Mr. Markle won one of huge billion dollar role over jackpots in the U.S all would be forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She was really in a hurry to get that ring on her finger. She’s a complete fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I really feel for Thomas Markle. He set up a photo op of himself, probably to try replace the unflattering images of him that were being sold to the papers. He was concerned about embarrassing his as daughter.. she probably was embarrassed by him as why else would she not introduce her OH to him?

The photos he set up were of him not her. He didn't sell stories about her, and said he tried to stop the rest of his family speaking to the press. To treat him the way she/they did was the turning point for a lot of people. I was team H&M until their treatment of Thomas came to light.

Megs has set up her own photo opps. They have both instructed friends to speak to the press on their behalf. But allow no one else to speak their truths. Its shocking.

Meg & Haz are willing to forgive a people who by their own words are, racist, careless, indifernt, inflexible and meanies, but cannot forgive her elderly sick father for a few photos of himself?? Boggles the mind. Tho not really. It's all about the show me the money with them.

I'm sure if Mr. Markle won one of huge billion dollar role over jackpots in the U.S all would be forgiven

They have no right to complain about Thomas markle giving interviews. Aren't they all for people getting to speak "their truth " and tell the world about private family matters? Or does that only apply to themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

She was really in a hurry to get that ring on her finger. She’s a complete fake.

If you like it then you shuda put a ring on it.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    They have no right to complain about Thomas markle giving interviews. Aren't they all for people getting to speak "their truth " and tell the world about private family matters? Or does that only apply to themselves?

It really seems to be.. Apparently they are willing to forgive the royal family too. How kind of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

If you like it then you shuda put a ring on it.

Oh he definitely likes it. What a solid gold twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he tried to engage in attempted immotional blackmail of his daughter by threatening to keep talking to the media until she spoke to him, among other stuff.
    he is in no way innocent in this whole thing and no more deserves sympathy, in fact he deserves less.
    he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter, yet he won't do it, as running to the media to try and gain sympathy is more important.
    if he was on good terms with his daughter, i reccan he wouldn't be getting half of the sympathy he does.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

JoChervil wrote: »

Yes Elizabeth is beholden to The Crown, it's bigger than her. I think the "Institution" and the family are so interlinked that criticism of the former will likely cause upset. So when Meghan stated in the Oprah interview where her beef lay of course it was going to annoy actual people.

I don't believe she is evil incarnate and has led poor poor naive Harry down a murky path. If anything it's his recent behaviour that I find dreadful and completely lacking in dignity.
    What is most fascinating is how we have all latched on to their drama.

There have been some really vicious posts made about them in other corners of the Internet. They have unleashed a kind of "mean girls" frenzy where if you aren't against them, you are equally as "bad" and blinded by what they put out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

he tried to engage in attempted immotional blackmail of his daughter by threatening to keep talking to the media until she spoke to him, among other stuff.
    he is in no way innocent in this whole thing and no more deserves sympathy, in fact he deserves less.
    he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter, yet he won't do it, as running to the media to try and gain sympathy is more important.
    if he was on good terms with his daughter, i reccan he wouldn't be getting half of the sympathy he does.

EOTR, are Meghan and Harry infallible like the Pope ? I ask because your posts seem to follow a theme of it’s everyone’s faults and they are innocent put upon victims who have done nothing wrong.

I found it interesting that they named their daughter after an institution they said on world wide TV had cause them so much grief, yet her mother didn’t get a look in. Funny that.

Advertisement