Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m sure William will try but if he’s trying and it’s like talking to the wall, then at some point he’ll have to say leave it off and just concentrate of what his future role will be.

i think he would keep pursuing that: the kids getting to know each other and reconciling the family.

this is worth a watch, there's a few vids in the series. just so down to earth. a stark contrast i feel from his younger brother:

maybe there is something in the idea that the 2nd is always a bit envious so these schisms are inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭ForestFire

valoren wrote: »
    She's an author now.

My wife and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon.......if I would be interested in modelling some Men's watches.........Like a true professional I, pardon the pun, showed up on time. They gave me a specific watch, I walked down the runway, stopped and showed the watch to the gathered crowd as instructed............. James Joyce was an author. Toni Morrison was an author. If Meghan is an Author then I'll happily have it be known that I am a Male model.

Settle down there now, with your "male model" ideas .....

That's what's know in the business, as a hand/wrist model.....

Just ask this man...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1224655/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I just remembered that I wrote a piece for the local annual newsletter about 10 years ago. Would that entitle me to call myself a journalist?

I appeared in many school concert and plays. Therefore, I am an accomplished actress with a wide variety of roles listed in my credits. No one rocked Mary in the nativity like I did with my tea towel on my head.

Would anyone like an autograph?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I appeared in many school concert and plays. Therefore, I am an accomplished actress with a wide variety of roles listed in my credits. No one rocked Mary in the nativity like I did with my tea towel on my head.

Yeah but can you play a courier girl for 11 seconds in a Hollywood movie?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yeah but can you play a courier girl for 11 seconds in a Hollywood movie?

Undoubtedly, then I'll be set up on a blind date with a prince and live bitterly ever after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

I held the star over the manger. Stage manager :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Same here. We didn't do nativity plays, but, wait for it... I was a princess in a primary school play. :D

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I held the star over the manger. Stage manager :pac:

And prop master too!

We could set up a one-stop production and talent agency. This time next year we'll be famous.

ForestFire wrote: »
    Settle down there now, with your "male model" ideas .....

That's what's know in the business, as a hand/wrist model.....

Just ask this man...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1224655/

I think genetic pain is making you belittle valoren's achievements in the competitive male modelling world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I had no idea Markle's father won the lottery and her family state he paid for her in college yet she insists she paid her own way. What a piece of work......

• Advertisement

I had no idea Markle's father won the lottery and her family state he paid for her in college yet she insists she paid her own way. What a piece of work......

He also helped his other children out. As any father would do.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well there's many a parent who wouldn't - but in this case I think it does speak to his character.

He used his win to benefit his children - by paying for college, it meant Meghan didn't have crippling student loans starting out as an actress, her older siblings got a house deposit. Those things are massive gifts to a young adult.

It was 750,000 USD- lottery winnings are taxed in the US aren't they? So the IRS took their share first, and I don't think by the time you help out a few kids after that you'd have a whole heap left over? So I do think he's a decent skin because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Neyite wrote: »
    He used his win to benefit his children - by paying for college, it meant Meghan didn't have crippling student loans starting out as an actress,

I imagine her 'working as a waitress' was similar to how most of us had part time jobs in college, ie for drinking/fun money. It's not exactly a hardship for most of us and is usually a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Her dad won the lottery??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Says a lot that she hasn't acknowledged this in favour of her own narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I imagine her 'working as a waitress' was similar to how most of us had part time jobs in college, ie for drinking/fun money. It's not exactly a hardship for most of us and is usually a bit of craic.

And helps you get employment once you graduate. You make contacts, you build experience, you learn how to graft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Her dad has given her a good life and a lot more love and time than a lot of children get. He has also helped her out financially. She should be ashamed of herself over how she treats him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

next to all this bankcruptcy stuff I found the sentence at the beginning: Thomas Markle jr. tried to stop the royal wedding more remarkable (no pun intended:D)

In hindsight that's kind of interesting, why did he try to stop the wedding, I remember I heard it only briefly at the time.. Anybody knows more about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6298014/thomas-markle-jr-open-letter-prince-harry-royal-wedding/

ok, did a quick google and found this here...seems that guy was on the right track with his warning...

• Advertisement

Still stirring it. It’s now several conversations about Archies colour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9701347/Meghan-Markle-return-UK-year-friend-Omid-Scobie-reveals.html

“Meghan Markle's close friend Omid Scobie today alleged that the Royal Family had 'several' conversations about Archie's skin colour before his birth and were 'unsympathetic' to the couple's complaints.

Mr Scobie also revealed that the Duchess of Sussex wants to fly back to the UK with her husband to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee next summer - but had no intention of visiting this month because of the birth of their daughter Lilibet.

The Sussexes' preferred royal reporter, who co-wrote their biography Finding Freedom, was speaking at an event at the Foreign Press Association in London where he made more incendiary comments about the Queen and Prince William including racism and 'unconscious bias' against Meghan in the family. ”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

Omid Scobie, before and now. Quite a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Still stirring it. It’s now several conversations about Archies colour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9701347/Meghan-Markle-return-UK-year-friend-Omid-Scobie-reveals.html

“Meghan Markle's close friend Omid Scobie today alleged that the Royal Family had 'several' conversations about Archie's skin colour before his birth and were 'unsympathetic' to the couple's complaints.

Mr Scobie also revealed that the Duchess of Sussex wants to fly back to the UK with her husband to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee next summer - but had no intention of visiting this month because of the birth of their daughter Lilibet.

The Sussexes' preferred royal reporter, who co-wrote their biography Finding Freedom, was speaking at an event at the Foreign Press Association in London where he made more incendiary comments about the Queen and Prince William including racism and 'unconscious bias' against Meghan in the family. ”

Well no it was several times in the interview but that was Megan’s side of the story and it was second hand. Harry said it was A conversation so it was once.

“Incendiary commments about the queen and Prince William.” Well done Harry trying to rifts between your family. They should be stripped of their titles because they are still taking shots at the royal family I actually thought them wanting to leave was great and more power to them, but they are taking the piss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i think he would keep pursuing that: the kids getting to know each other and reconciling the family.

this is worth a watch, there's a few vids in the series. just so down to earth. a stark contrast i feel from his younger brother:

maybe there is something in the idea that the 2nd is always a bit envious so these schisms are inevitable

Seems a sound enough guy.

Poor Harry doesn’t get a look in.
    “Meghan Markle reveals her dogs have been a source of comfort in a year full of 'grief' when people have been 'torn apart' as it's announced she will give first interview since birth of daughter” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9701425/Meghan-Markle-reveals-dogs-Pula-Guy-source-comfort.html

He was very handsome before he butchered himself and lightened his skin.

Poor Harry doesn’t get a look in.
    “Meghan Markle reveals her dogs have been a source of comfort in a year full of 'grief' when people have been 'torn apart' as it's announced she will give first interview since birth of daughter” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9701425/Meghan-Markle-reveals-dogs-Pula-Guy-source-comfort.html

Or her mum...

He was very handsome before he butchered himself and lightened his skin.

I don't get why people do that to themselves..

I don't get why people do that to themselves..

There has to be an underlying psychological issue.

He looks weird now, his features and skin tone are unnatural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The hack of him. He’s like a thunderbird

Advertisement