Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The hack of him. He’s like a thunderbird

He is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Retro, please say you'll be watching Love Island and we can get a thread going just so I can lol at your statements like "the hack of him". :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve not heard that saying it a while. It’s amazing how they think this strategy will work when the queen, and the senior royals seem very popular at the moment and they are in America isolated. If they’ve gotten a PR team they should sack them because they are steeling a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Retro, please say you'll be watching Love Island and we can get a thread going just so I can lol at your statements like "the hack of him". :D

Of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Strong words here from a Kensington palace "source"

The book claims that William suspected Meghan was 'hostile' to the royal system and possibly planned on leaving the monarchy from the very start and returning to America. Staff claim in the book that Meghan 'played the victim, but was a bully' and treated courtiers poorly in line with her experiences in Hollywood, a modus operandi allegedly passed on to Harry who was head 'screaming' at his staff.

Lacey quotes a Kensington Palace courtier as saying: 'Meghan portrayed herself as the victim, but she was the bully. People felt run over by her. They thought she was a complete narcissist and sociopath — basically unhinged.'

Seems like the gloves are well and truly off since the name thing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9702621/Prince-William-split-household-Harrys-brothers-angry-row-author-claims.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

ceadaoin. wrote: »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9702621/Prince-William-split-household-Harrys-brothers-angry-row-author-claims.html

Strong words indeed. Harry and Meghan are as bad as each other if the stories are true on how they treated their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Strong words indeed. Harry and Meghan are as bad as each other if the stories are true on how they treated their staff.

The stories must be true. They wouldn't put it out there otherwise given how libelous the couple is. They are saying that is the reason for the households being split 3 years ago. Obviously they are sick of their **** at this stage and playing them at their own game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The Palace pr is a well oiled machine. There's no way they'd supply these comments until they can back them up 100%. No wonder Meghan and Harry can't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

a question to the experts here: when can one see if the palace is approving or even gave their 'ok' to news or a book like this?

200.gif

• Advertisement

Someone won't be happy!

*laughs wickedly-er*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Technically Charles can't prevent Archie becoming a Prince. It happens the minute the queen dies.

The Queen can change the rules before she dies or Charles can revoke Archie's Prince title when he is King but Charles can't prevent Archie getting the title in the first place.

Someone won't be happy!

Rightly so. He doesn’t even live in England.

Surely it would be a relief to them, no? Sure they never wanted any titles for him from the start...

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That was on the cards before Megan was on the scene. Hasn’t Charles been planning on removing a lot of entitlements from his siblings for a long time.

Addle wrote: »
    That was on the cards before Megan was on the scene. Hasn’t Charles been planning on removing a lot of entitlements from his siblings for a long time.

Yes it was but why let facts get in the way of a good story. Only for the queen changing the rules in 2012 Charlotte and Louis would be the exact same as Archie. They weren’t under the rules guaranteed to be a Prince or princess just in case they try to say it was based on race when Harry’s own niece and nephew were exactly the same. I don’t know why the queen made the change but she did, and it seems like it’s one of the perks of being a monarch.

I think she was hoping for her kids to have titles despite leaving the royal family.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes it was but why let facts get in the way of a good story. Only for the queen changing the rules in 2012 Charlotte and Louis would be the exact same as Archie. They weren’t under the rules guaranteed to be a Prince or princess just in case they try to say it was based on race when Harry’s own niece and nephew were exactly the same. I don’t know why the queen made the change but she did, and it seems like it’s one of the perks of being a monarch.

The Queen made the changes to guarantee equality of sexes. Nothing more, nothing less. It guarantees Charlotte equal status to her brothers.

The Queen made the changes to guarantee equality of sexes. Nothing more, nothing less. It guarantees Charlotte equal status to her brothers.

Wasn’t that change to do with the line of succession and not titles ? Prior to the change by the commonwealth Louis would have outranked Charlotte even if born after her but that was changed and so she is there on merit.

Well the old rules were equal in that Louis and Charlotte wouldn’t be getting a title while George would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Poor Meggers and Haz might end up as mere commoners.

Megain really should have done some googling, Charles has always planned on getting rid of a lot of hangers-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I feel very sad for that little boy, Archie. I really do. He's just 2 years, can't even read or understand anything about it but he's already subject to some tabloid gossip.
    Let the adults deal with their crap or report about it, but leave out the kids.

tara73 wrote: »
    I feel very sad for that little boy, Archie. I really do. He's just 2 years, can't even read or understand anything about it but he's already subject to some tabloid gossip.
    Let the adults deal with their crap or report about it, but leave out the kids.

Well that’s just a human reaction. Archie has done nothing wrong and neither have the other kids. When Archie grows up and wonders why he’s not a Prince, he can in part look towards his parents because while there will most likely be a royal family and a royal house when Charles is king which is kind of the Scandinavian model of monarchy, had Harry and Meghan stayed they’d surely be in the fold in some respects and maybe Archie might have gotten a title.

So the first team will obviously be Charles as king and Camilla as whatever they decide to call her, William and Kate as the next king and queen, and maybe princess Anne ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Megain really should have done some googling, Charles has always planned on getting rid of a lot of hangers-on.

Exactly. Such a shame she knew nothing about Haz... :P

Their best bet was to hang in with Charles and William, instead of alienating them.
    That ship has sailed, I guess. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Exactly. Such a shame she knew nothing about Haz... :P

Their best bet was to hang in with Charles and William, instead of alienating them.
    That ship has sailed, I guess. :rolleyes:
    That ship has a lot of similarities to the Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Technically Charles can't prevent Archie becoming a Prince. It happens the minute the queen dies.

The Queen can change the rules before she dies or Charles can revoke Archie's Prince title when he is King but Charles can't prevent Archie getting the title in the first place.

It’ll be a revocation then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wasn’t that change to do with the line of succession and not titles ? Prior to the change by the commonwealth Louis would have outranked Charlotte even if born after her but that was changed and so she is there on merit.

Well the old rules were equal in that Louis and Charlotte wouldn’t be getting a title while George would.

It was both. If they had changed the succession but not the titles and Charlotte had been born first.

Charlotte would have been the heir but with no title and her younger brother would have been a Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

If anyone is interested look up bookworm2 on YouTube. She had some very interesting points about the markles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

She has done it. I claim from the very beginning of this thread that this Oprah's interview was made partially to prevent Charles from changing rules. Even during this interview Meghan admitted she knew that rule (a prince title for grandchildren of ruling monarch) but there had been talks about changing it and she wanted to attach racism to it. So in my opinion she wanted to stop it otherwise the Queen or Charles would be accused of racist motivations while changing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

JoChervil wrote: »
    She has done it. I claim from the very beginning of this thread that this Oprah's interview was made partially to prevent Charles from changing rules. Even during this interview Meghan admitted she knew that rule (a prince title for grandchildren of ruling monarch) but there had been talks about changing it and she wanted to attach racism to it. So in my opinion she wanted to stop it otherwise the Queen or Charles would be accused of racist motivations while changing it.

She wouldn't have come within an arse's roar of even an engagement if Charles or the Queen were racist. Throw in the fact that she was not only of mixed race but American and a divorcee as well then it debunks the idea of them being so unwelcoming that they subsequently changed the rules to explicitly prevent their mixed race children from receiving titles. 

Advertisement