Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Nice fans. This was sent to a telegraph journalist.

What the actual fcuk????

I don't think that level of craziness can be used against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

More lies from the interview exposed..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-charles-finances-b1871723.html
    The Prince of Wales helped the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with a “substantial sum” of money after they quit as working royals, despite Harry claiming his family “literally cut me off financially”.

Accounts show Charles continued to fund the Sussexes until the summer of 2020, with a senior Clarence House spokesperson saying he allocated them the generous amount of money.

However, the duke told Oprah Winfrey he stopped getting financial support from his family in the first quarter of that year.

Funding for both Charles’s sons - the Dukes of Sussex and Cambridge - and their families contributed to a £4.5 million bill for the prince.

Harry and Meghan were still listed as receiving money from Charles’s Duchy of Cornwall income, despite quitting the monarchy at the end of March last year.

A senior Clarence House spokesperson said: “As we’ll all remember in January 2020 when the duke and duchess announced that they were going to move away from the working royal family, the duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent.

“The Prince of Wales allocated a substantial sum to support them with this transition.

“That funding ceased in the summer of last year. The couple are now financially independent.”

Asked about the discrepancy over the Duke of Sussex’s remark, the Clarence House spokesperson said: “I wouldn’t acknowledge that they are dramatically different. All I can tell you are the facts.”

A diplomatic way of saying they're full of **** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh my god I can’t believe this. The very first time I saw that title I thought Meghan wouldn’t like that for that exact reason. So funny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the fact this is being played out in the public domain is a poor reflection on the royal family institution. they're drip feeding stories to the media and it's pathetic, they should be ashamed of themselves, if they can't sort it out between themselves they should just shut the fcuk up

Harry's not perfect but he always struck me as a lot better than most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the fact this is being played out in the public domain is a poor reflection on the royal family institution. they're drip feeding stories to the media and it's pathetic, they should be ashamed of themselves, if they can't sort it out between themselves they should just shut the fcuk up

The Palace are entitled to put the facts out there and let the chips fall where they may. They don't have to address lies directly but they are fully entitled to tell the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

lazygal wrote: »
    The Palace are entitled to put thr facts out there and let the chips fall where they may. They don't have to address lies directly but they are fully entitled to tell the truth.

Especially when we know lies have been told about the RF. They have to defend themselves too. What if there was no Oprah interview then the Palace would not have to release any information at all. We don't hear about any details being released on financial matters or title matters on the other royals.

I see on BBC News just now that Harry and Meg have repaid the £2m+ that it cost to renovate Frogmore Cottage. I wonder if Eugenie is paying rent?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

gimli2112 wrote: »

One side is dripping stories to chat show hosts. The other is clarifying facts regarding the more concerning stories to the state broadcaster of the United Kingdom.

This is far from two celebs from a famous family drumming up a few headlines to keep themselves relevant, it's more serious than that.

The allegations if not challenged and refuted could be potentially damaging to the reputation of the monarchy of a group of countries, damaging politically on a world stage, and damaging economically to them.

And the most ridiculous thing about it is that if this did translate into a surge of support for a Republic and dismantling of the monarchy, it would affect them all but it would affect the minor royals the most, and H&M most of all. They would lose their titles and with them, any clout they have to tout for their netflix and spotify deals. H&M are doing their best to kill their own golden goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

A reason for not accepting a specific title has been given and that reason is not that titles are not important to them or that they don't want their child to have any titles at all or even that they wanted a title for which there’d be a security detail. The reason they’ve given implies that the receipt of titles was welcomed. So much for breaking the cycle of genetic pain then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1407966169978617859?s=20

Really hope this goes to trial and all her lies are blown wide open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Excellent, I hope Scobie has to testify on whether he has been directly briefed by them to present their version of events all along.

Not a great week for Dumb and Dumbarton-er

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Excellent, I hope Scobie has to testify on whether he has been directly briefed by them to present their version of events all along.

Just had a look at his twitter. No mention of the fact Meghan and Harry were given money but it's all about the costs of flights etc and also the percentage of people from ethnic groups who work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    More lies from the interview exposed..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-charles-finances-b1871723.html

A diplomatic way of saying they're full of **** lol

not really, it's more simply stating that there isn't a dramatic difference between the timelines, which there isn't.
    summer technically begins in may and lasts until july, they only stepped down really in march which would be the end of the first quarter and they wouldn't have been able to become financially independant that quick i would think given they were only really setting themselves up and there were still some talks going on around that time from what i remember.
    so really much a do about nothing here.
    The Palace are entitled to put thr facts out there and let the chips fall where they may. They don't have to address lies directly but they are fully entitled to tell the truth.

well, it's more it's truth rather then the truth, since it being the royal family issuing the statements doesn't automatically make them true.
    and in fairness it's very much within the interests of the rf as an institution to paint the duke and duchess as badly as possible, if they feel that is what is required to protect themselves.
    so, they may be telling the truth, they may not be, but because it's the rf doesn't automatically make what they say true.

nothing will be blown open more then likely.

the paper are simply being allowed to appeal the judgement, i wouldn't be getting to excited over it yet as it doesn't mean they didn't do something wrong of itself.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

There’s always one.

Not a great week for Dumb and Dumbarton-er

I think it's their Scottish titles. Just not good enough for Archie!!

Harry is the Earl of Dumbarton in Scotland.
    But of course his wife didn't look him up before marrying him so she probably didn't know how the whole passing of titles works.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If there’s even a hint of truth to that story, then Jesus h Christ(as my grandfather was want to say when he was baffled by something) these two are finding fault where there isn’t any. It’s a ridiculous argument because the name of the town Dumbarton has got nothing to do with the modern word dumb. It comes from fortress of the Britons.

Also, classy stuff by a Harry and Meghan to wish harm on a reporters children. I’m sure that’ll justified in some ****ing warped way by their fans. For a crowd that claim to be progressive, at times they make Genghis Khan look like a passifist. And btw in any normal world threatening peoples kids isn’t cricket.

And so they were being paid past when they alleged. I did love the statement from the palace though. It’s a very polite way of saying “these buckos are taking ****e”.

I’d love to know how your man Omid scobbie has any legitimacy when reporting on this stuff.
    I see a newspaper has won the right to appeal which will lead to to both parties having to produce the “receipts” which will be fun. Feelings won’t cut it here.

not really, it's more simply stating that there isn't a dramatic difference between the timelines, which there isn't.
    summer technically begins in may and lasts until july, they only stepped down really in march which would be the end of the first quarter and they wouldn't have been able to become financially independant that quick i would think given they were only really setting themselves up and there were still some talks going on around that time from what i remember.

well, it's more it's truth rather then the truth, since it being the royal family issuing the statements doesn't automatically make them true.
    and in fairness it's very much within the interests of the rf as an institution to paint the duke and duchess as badly as possible, if they feel that is what is required to protect themselves.
    so, they may be telling the truth, they may not be, but because it's the rf doesn't automatically make what they say true.

nothing will be blown open more then likely.

the paper are simply being allowed to appeal the judgement, i wouldn't be getting to excited over it yet as it doesn't mean they didn't do something wrong of itself.

He said he was completely cut off financially and had to resort to living off the millions his mother left him. Turns out he also got millions off his father to help him on the way to "financial independence " and it still wasn't good enough. What a pair of spoilt brats. They are almost 40, honestly it's embarrassing.

And yes, the financial statements of a company are automatically more reliable than a pair of proven liars.

• Advertisement

He said he was completely cut off financially and had to resort to living off the millions his mother left him. Turns out he also got millions off his father to help him on the way to "financial independence " and it still wasn't good enough. What a pair of spoilt brats. They are almost 40, honestly it's embarrassing.

And yes, the financial statements of a company are automatically more reliable than a pair of proven liars.

Scobies take on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Scobies take on things.

If you are relying on clarifying financial year end, to make your spurious point?
    You're losing the argument IMO.

Harry made quite a strident claim of being cut off and cast adrift, that it doesnt seem to align with the receipts has SFA to do with accounting provisions.

Given that the MoS has received leave to appeal, I hope that Scobie is subpoenaed and questioned under oath.

banie01 wrote: »
    If you are relying on clarifying financial year end, to make your spurious point?
    You're losing the argument IMO.

Harry made quite a strident claim of being cut off and cast adrift, that it doesnt seem to align with the receipts has SFA to do with accounting provisions.

Given that the MoS has received leave to appeal, I hope that Scobie is subpoenaed and questioned under oath.

Clutching at straws!

If you're explaining you're losing.

The Palace just put the figures out there, no details expanded on, just lay out the facts.
    Harry and Meghan have to 'well, ACTUALLY' it now, which automatically puts them on the back foot.
    This is absolutely fascinating from a PR perspective. One side has all the receipts, the experience and the contacts. The other has a threadbare 'media' company and has to scramble to deal with every story.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Harry strikes me as workshy. He doesn't seem to realise how good he had it in the UK, especially once his brother got married and his wife popped out an heir and a couple of spares. He's way down the line of succession, he could have a grand time in a country pile not having to grift at public events for his wife's acting jobs.

Well, yes. When you’re 36 years old and publicly unashamedly complaining that Doddy isn’t giving you an allowance anymore, it’s safe to say you are workshy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Where are the payments to H&M detailed? The most detail I have seen is a provision of £4.4 M for both of his sons, with no breakedown as two who got what or even any confirmation that any expenditure took place. H&M repaid £2.4 M for Frogmore cottage, so if Charles gave Harry £2.2 M and that was put toward Frogmore with them chipping in another £200,000, then I can well see how Harry could be claiming they weren't in receipt of funds since arriving in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Well, yes. When you’re 36 years old and publicly unashamedly complaining that Doddy isn’t giving you an allowance anymore, it’s safe to say you are workshy.

He was dragged kicking and screaming out of the army by Charles. I'd say he has fair grounds to expect him to cough up something for ending his career by force. Not to mention his brother is very well funded.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Where are the payments to H&M detailed? The most detail I have seen is a provision of £4.4 M for both of his sons, with no breakedown as two who got what or even any confirmation that any expenditure took place. H&M repaid £2.4 M for Frogmore cottage, so if Charles gave Harry £2.2 M and that was put toward Frogmore with them chipping in another £200,000, then I can well see how Harry could be claiming they weren't in receipt of funds since arriving in California.

If that's the case then Charles paid off their substantial debt for them. So it's hard to see how Harry considered that being "cut off"

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

He was dragged kicking and screaming out of the army by Charles. I'd say he has fair grounds to expect him to cough up something for ending his career by force. Not to mention his brother is very well funded.

It’s vanishingly unlikely that Harry would ever have been put in any real danger in the army (at that time third in line to the throne) so I’m sure he did indeed enjoy his spell in it. Even he was dragged from the army like you say, that’s no excuse for expecting Doddy to continue bankrolling him. His complaining about it to Oprah did not play well and that’s because a nearing middle age man complaining about such a thing is incredibly undignified. Plus he has an inheritance that he could live off for the rest of his life if he wanted to and was smart so really, the biggest choice he had there was which violin from his tiniest violin collection should he choose to play.

• Advertisement

His brother is still working for the family 'business'. Dragged kicking and screaming out of the army? If things like camera flashes and horse hooves cause him trauma then I doubt he is still army material.

Advertisement