Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just some of the lies for you.

Lie No 1. Meghan and Harry's 'secret' wedding
    Lie No 2. Archie was refused a royal title because of his skin colour
    Lie No 3. Archie was denied 24/7 protection because he wasn't a prince
    Lie No 4. Concerns over Archie's skin colour
    Lie No 5. Meghan had her passport taken away
    Lie No 6. Meghan was 'silenced' by the Palace
    Lie No 7. The Royal Family refused to help Meghan with her mental health
    Lie No 8. Meghan 'never looked Harry up online'
    Lie No 9. Meghan 'hadn't seen sister for almost 20 years'
    Lie No 10. TV and media careers weren't ever part of their plan

You forgot the "interview was not preplanned and was off the cuff".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Of all the lies I think the suicidal claims were the absolute worst. Closely followed by the not knowing Diana had done a tell all interview and that she’d never looked Harry up online. How stupid do they think we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Of all the lies I think the suicidal claims were the absolute worst. Closely followed by the not knowing Diana had done a tell all interview and that she’d never looked Harry up online. How stupid do they think we are.

Agreed. Harry himself said Meghan was going to kill herself but she specifically didn't because she didn't want him losing yet another woman in his life. A classic example of emotional manipulation and abuse (e.g. I'll kill myself if you dump me). Remember, this guy has been in therapy trying to deal with the death of his mother and the subsequent grief. She certainly knew what buttons to push in order to ensure he was aboard the move to La La Land.

She hasn’t a suicidal bone in her body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

valoren wrote: »
    Agreed. Harry himself said Meghan was going to kill herself but she specifically didn't because she didn't want him losing yet another woman in his life. A classic example of emotional manipulation and abuse (e.g. I'll kill myself if you dump me). Remember, this guy has been in therapy trying to deal with the death of his mother and the subsequent grief. She certainly knew what buttons to push in order to ensure he was aboard the move to La La Land.

Agree. No one these days doesn't look up someone they are going on a date with or have a plan for a date with. Its simply not credible. And Meghan is the same age as me. The death of Diana was a defining media moment precisely because of the way she managed to use the media. Everyone knew what she had done and said about mental health and the royal family. I have serious difficulties believing someone with the type of pre natal care all royals get not being able to access all mental health care necessary during and after pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

could they? some how i doubt it.

They could have if they didn't give high profile interviews and leak the details of their lives to the press.

They could have if they didn't give high profile interviews and leak false details of their lives to the press.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

FYP.

I forgot threatening legal action at the drop of a hat too.

I forgot threatening legal action at the drop of a hat too.

We’d better be careful so! 👀👁👀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Be right back

We’d better be careful so! 👀ðŸ‘👀

Omid will be on our case!!

• Advertisement

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Interesting!

Much ado about nothing hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Fact is Meghan wants....craves the spotlight, so a publicity free lifestyle wont suit her.

She has notions of being the next Kim Kardashian and shes going the right way about it, albeit at the expense of her husbands family connections.

Next? In her view she is way better than KK.

1 is not a lie but rather a failure to clarify that it was how they felt and that they had either a private serimony/blessing or a practice session.
    2 was a statement of what she felt which to be fair was quite clear that it was nothing more then that.
    3 from what i remember may have been similar to 2 but i didn't pay much attention to that specific point, likely not specifically a lie anyway.
    4 is definitely not a lie, someone obviously did say something about the child's skin color, with harry being aware of only 1 incident but meghan subjected to more.
    5 6 and 7 cannot be said either way to be lies or not.
    8 is much a do about nothing, maybe she looked him up and maybe she didn't but it's a non-issue either way.
    9 unaware of details, don't particularly care anyway tbh.
    10 not a lie as such, looking at one's options doesn't automatically mean that they were after such, so it's possible that media careers weren't part of the plan originally but they just gave a look anyway.
    so yeah, no real lies there from what i can see.

No wonder you try to diminish this point because actually it is the most serious. Without that lie at the very beginning this whole mess wouldn't happen. Harry fell just for that lie, that she loved him for him knowing nothing about him. Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

1 is not a lie but rather a failure to clarify that it was how they felt and that they had either a private serimony/blessing or a practice session.
    2 was a statement of what she felt which to be fair was quite clear that it was nothing more then that.
    3 from what i remember may have been similar to 2 but i didn't pay much attention to that specific point, likely not specifically a lie anyway.
    4 is definitely not a lie, someone obviously did say something about the child's skin color, with harry being aware of only 1 incident but meghan subjected to more.
    5 6 and 7 cannot be said either way to be lies or not.
    8 is much a do about nothing, maybe she looked him up and maybe she didn't but it's a non-issue either way.
    9 unaware of details, don't particularly care anyway tbh.
    10 not a lie as such, looking at one's options doesn't automatically mean that they were after such, so it's possible that media careers weren't part of the plan originally but they just gave a look anyway.
    so yeah, no real lies there from what i can see.

This is pure wind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

there is so far no real evidence that the suicidal claims were lies.
    valoren wrote: »
    Agreed. Harry himself said Meghan was going to kill herself but she specifically didn't because she didn't want him losing yet another woman in his life. A classic example of emotional manipulation and abuse (e.g. I'll kill myself if you dump me). Remember, this guy has been in therapy trying to deal with the death of his mother and the subsequent grief. She certainly knew what buttons to push in order to ensure he was aboard the move to La La Land.

he was leaving the rf of his own accord, chances are it was a joint decision to move to the US given it's unlikely they would have been able to simply step down and fade into obscurity in the uk.
    meghan is not responsible for harry leaving the rf, as much as people wish to blame her for it, and they just need to accept he is gone and is not coming back since charles is slimming it down anyway and from everything we know he doesn't want to be king ever anyway in the unlikely event that his time came.
    She hasn’t a suicidal bone in her body.

in fairness she suggests otherwise, and given she would be the most likely one to know whether that is the case or not, your claim has no basis, and is inffairness extremely poor form.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

he was leaving the rf of his own accord, chances are it was a joint decision to move to the US given it's unlikely they would have been able to simply step down and fade into obscurity in the uk.
    meghan is not responsible for harry leaving the rf, as much as people wish to blame her for it, and they just need to accept he is gone and is not coming back since charles is slimming it down anyway and from everything we know he doesn't want to be king ever anyway in the unlikely event that his time came.

in fairness she suggests otherwise, and given she would be the most likely one to know whether that is the case or not, your claim has no basis, and is inffairness extremely poor form.

Meghan said she wanted to kill herself and at that time she was pregnant. She said she told her husband and his response was to tell her to put her makeup and fancy clothes on as they had to attend a function. She said they attended the function and she cried all night while she was there. All the time while she was crying absolutely nobody noticed and at the end of the night she was photographed bright eyed with perfect makeup. Put that together with other things that as you put it she has suggested that are as equally hard to believe and I certainly don’t think it’s unfair to say I don’t believe her.

Sure youll probably never know for sure if the suicide claim was lies, but lets be honest.... I think a lot of people fancy her as the type to falsely claim she was suicidal to gain public sympathy.

Id be one of those.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sure youll probably never know for sure if the suicide claim was lies, but lets be honest.... I think a lot of people fancy her as the type to falsely claim she was suicidal to gain public sympathy.

Id be one of those.

Pregnant women can suffer from raging hormones, leading to crazy mood swings. I wouldn’t rule out suicidal tendencies. But......to tell your husband that you are feeling suicidal but won’t kill yourself because you don’t want him to lose another woman from his life is inexcusable IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JoChervil wrote: »
    No wonder you try to diminish this point because actually it is the most serious. Without that lie at the very beginning this whole mess wouldn't happen. Harry fell just for that lie, that she loved him for him knowing nothing about him. Right.

And it's not as if the UK royal family are not well known worldwide.
    I vaguely remember something about there being a photo of Meghan taken when she was younger, outside Buckingham Palace. So she had at least heard of the family :P

Once again, I wonder about Harry, if he believed that she knew nothing about him. He made the headlines many a time over the years...

• Advertisement

Pregnant women can suffer from raging hormones, leading to crazy mood swings. I wouldn’t rule out suicidal tendencies. But......to tell your husband that you are feeling suicidal but won’t kill yourself because you don’t want him to lose another woman from his life is inexcusable IMO.

The main issue is that she comes off so disingenuous that its hard to believe her.

The interview itself was designed to portray her as the victim, the vulnerable woman of colour against the world. Thats how she wants to be perceived.

I just dont buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think there are not many people on this planet who havn't experienced the wish to just vanish if things go on top of each other/in enourmous stressful times. The wish to just disappear to get rid of the problems/unbearable stress.

My guess is she experienced this and is making it out now as serious suicide thoughts. They are not, it's a complete different story to a person who suffers severe depression or other mental health problems for long times, years or most of their lives.

She's actually slapping people who are really suicidal, committed suicide and also the relatives/friends who lost someone through suicide in the face.

when I first saw this interview 2 years ago with her, I couldn't actually believe how she presented herself, I cringed immediately, felt so embarrassed for her. Crying in front of the camera and anyone with just basic sense of body language can see she's all acting it. disgusting person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo9G91QWMQs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There was no evidence for alleged racist comments made from the royal family either but that didn’t stop them making the claims on worldwide TV, and if they were so confident that it happened they’d have had their story straight and they’d have named the person and let the person respond and let people get two sides of the story. But instead they said a member of the royal family which is fairly broad even accounting for them meaning a senior member. So there are members of that family who have been tarred with racism when they are innocent.

When did Harry say he was leaving the royal family ? A link to him saying it would be appreciated and since you made the claim, it’s up to you to provide proof. She may not be wholly responsible but she’s the only variant in the recent past so there must be something to it.

Yes, the family will be slimmed down but Harry as his son was in the frame to be part of it but he’s not likely part of it in the future because of a decision HE made not anyone else.

Prince Charles doesn’t want to be king ? Charles will be become king whether he wants to or not(and there’s no evidence he doesn’t want to, and the TV show the crown isn’t proof either) when he mother dies.

Breaking news. Haz and Meg, who declined to use the title Earl of DUMBarton for Archie are horrified to realise that their titles have the word SusSEX in it!

Breaking news. Haz and Meg, who declined to use the title Earl of DUMBarton for Archie are horrified to realise that their titles have the word SusSEX in it!

Wow, we can go further. It has SuSSex in it as well, which actually fit Harry's fancy party outfit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Meghan said she wanted to kill herself and at that time she was pregnant. She said she told her husband and his response was to tell her to put her makeup and fancy clothes on as they had to attend a function. She said they attended the function and she cried all night while she was there. All the time while she was crying absolutely nobody noticed and at the end of the night she was photographed bright eyed with perfect makeup. Put that together with other things that as you put it she has suggested that are as equally hard to believe and I certainly don’t think it’s unfair to say I don’t believe her.

add it together with more nothingness and you get, well, nothing.
    so she put on a brave face near the end of the function she attended, certainly not proof she wasn't suicidal.
    so the claim of her not being suicidal realistically has no basis.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There was no evidence for alleged racist comments made from the royal family either but that didn’t stop them making the claims on worldwide TV, and if they were so confident that it happened they’d have had their story straight and they’d have named the person and let the person respond and let people get two sides of the story. But instead they said a member of the royal family which is fairly broad even accounting for them meaning a senior member. So there are members of that family who have been tarred with racism when they are innocent.

When did Harry say he was leaving the royal family ? A link to him saying it would be appreciated and since you made the claim, it’s up to you to provide proof. She may not be wholly responsible but she’s the only variant in the recent past so there must be something to it.

Yes, the family will be slimmed down but Harry as his son was in the frame to be part of it but he’s not likely part of it in the future because of a decision HE made not anyone else.

Prince Charles doesn’t want to be king ? Charles will be become king whether he wants to or not(and there’s no evidence he doesn’t want to, and the TV show the crown isn’t proof either) when he mother dies.

we know members of the rf have made racist comments, prince phillip of course was well known for racist gaffs, and i believe 1 or 2 others have been mentioned in the thread, so it's certainly likely that something was said in relation to the child's skin color.
    their story was straight, obviously meghan experienced more incidents surrounding the issue where as harry only had 1 conversation about it, both are possible.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

so she put on a brave face near the end of the function she attended, certainly not proof she wasn't suicidal.

What are you even on about at this point lad? Catch yourself on.

we know members of the rf have made racist comments, prince phillip of course was well known for racist gaffs, and i believe 1 or 2 others have been mentioned in the thread, so it's certainly likely that something was said in relation to the child's skin color.
    their story was straight, obviously meghan experienced more incidents surrounding the issue where as harry only had 1 conversation about it, both are possible.

A niece of mine and her coloured partner had a baby a few years ago. Some of us discussed the possibility of the colour of the baby. Just like we’d have discussed it’s gender. Doesn’t make us racist or sexist. Just curious.

Wonder would William and Charles agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well if you’re so confident of there being a racist comment made about skin colour, then why didn’t Harry or Meghan mention the person by name then ? I can’t believe you feel it’s okay to just make a blanket statement about serious allegations.

No their story was not straight EOTR. It was Harry saying it was said to him once BEFORE they were married and Megan in the same interview admitted that incident was relayed second hand WHILE She was pregnant which doesn’t match up at all. The narrative that Meghan experienced more is them moving the goalposts more than an U-12 hurling blitz.

I can’t believe they made those claims over things you say are likely and possible. It’s utter bollocks if I can be honest and I don’t know why you, as a poster who I like is so wedded to a narrative that has more holes in a it than the titanic is disappointing.

Advertisement