Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Strange how they want to keep one foot in royal traditions - you’d think they’d take a stand against racism 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Be right back

Especially when the royal family treated them so badly, they just had to leave. Anyone else find it strange that they haven't released any pictures of their new baby?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Private Eye started it but the below sums them up.

We don’t read the papers but they’re so toxic that we simply had to leave. We just want to let you know Oprah, and also the 17.1 million Americans tuning in, that we just want our privacy. I am a professional actress but I struggled to learn the lines of the national anthem. They took my passport and car keys but I managed to get to New York for a baby shower. I was feeling suicidal but I couldn’t talk to my mother who is a qualified psychotherapist. There was just the one private family conversation about our babies skin color before we even got married besides the multiple conversations about skin color while Meghan was pregnant. The racism in the UK is so bad that we had to move to the United States.

After working on a successful TV show for a few years I was totally unprepared for any media attention. I don't want what happened to my mother to happen to my wife so we've moved to LA where there are lot's of paparazzi. The only "title" that will ever be important to me is "Mom" but when the publishers asked me for a pen name I used the Duchess of Sussex. Security for our family is very important to us so we've moved to the United States where practically everyone owns a firearm. Meghan is not responsible for me deciding to step down as a working Royal but I couldn’t have done it without her. We wanted our son to be a Prince but Royalty is like The Truman Show and it's miserable. We invited a lot of A list celebrities to our wedding but between us we don't have the number for a good therapist. During pre-natal appointments the Doctors asked me about my mental health but I was denied any help. I'm broke except for the multi-millions that my mother left me. The Palace did nothing to protect me so they didn't investigate multiple allegations of bullying made against me by Palace staff. I don't speak to my father because he engaged with the media but I'll throw my in-laws under the bus with you Oprah and ask them to just forgive and forget.

My letter to my father was private but everyone needs to know that Prince Charles wouldn't take Harry's calls. I was cut off financially by my family after my father gave us 2 million pounds to finance our move away. The Queen's personal secretary spent six months helping me transition into my role but no one prepared me for it.

We will never say who made a racist comment about our babies skin color but it wasn’t the Queen or Prince Philip. I love and fully support my Granny but I'll sit here and let my wife try to bring cancel culture to bear on my family. I need to earn money via media deals to pay for our security costs so we bought a $14 million mansion.

This is part of an open letter sent in by a reader of the Express.

• Advertisement

New book coming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Intimate & heartfelt as seen through Meghan’s eyes and told in a way to make me & Megs the victims and everyone else the big bad bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Jesus, he's really nuking those bridges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Memoirs"? You'd swear he was an 80 year old explorer!

He's desperate for privacy but repeatedly puts his private life on display. For money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"One of the most fascinating and influential figures of our time"

Really? Seriously like their egos are out of control now.

• Advertisement

No doubt. He's really determined to burn his bridges..

“Harry book bombshell for Royal Family: Prince reveals he has ALREADY written 'wholly truthful' Megxit memoir 'not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become' that will hit shelves next year”

Talk of burning ones bridges 🔥 🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It’s just bizarre.. I used to have some pity for Harry but not so much now..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Tis seldom words fail me... what the, who the, how the f##k would anyone describe him as 'one of the most fascinating and influential figures of our time'.

One of the greatest whiners, maybe... 😂

I imagine that Meagain is the actual ghostwriter. After all, he didn’t know that he was trapped until she told him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'Prince Harry has himself confirmed: 'I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story— the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.' 

'I'm deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I've learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that's accurate and wholly truthful.' 

YAWN 🥱😴😴😴😴😴

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He really thinks he's fascinating, doesn't he?

An astonishing lack of self-awareness must be the price you pay for such a staggering ego.

He isn't 40 yet and spent most of his life in great privilege, appears to have had help in school and got into the military on the back of his family. Then of course had a hissy fit when he got the financial independence he apparently craved.

I bet he'll milk the sympathy for his mother's death in the book too.

And the genetic pain passed through the generations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Interesting that his statement says it's "accurate" and "wholly truthful". Like a con man telling you "I'm not trying to con you" and then proceeds to do just that.

I'd say trying to convince people he's no liar suggests some semblance of self-awareness. They're surely not deaf and blind to how negative the reaction was to their guff particularly in the UK. I imagine this book is for an American audience because that's the market for their brand.

• Advertisement

Absolutely!

I feel I know more about him at this stage ( and that is without watching the infamous interview) than I do about members of my own family. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He’s not in the most fascinating nor the most influential member of his own family ffs. His brother and nephew will in the fulness of time be more well remembered. I’m telling you this lad is in for some serious land when he wakes up and realises what a mess he's made with his family in the UK and he will have no one to blame but himself.

🤮

Any sympathy I had for Harry has gone. Self awareness is missing but Self absorption is in abundance.

why should they be allowed to do this ? They stepped away from the family because of alleged awful things said to them and lack of help, yet they want the royal family to let them this. They need to decide what it is they want.

If it’s true that Has is writing an autobiography about the man he’s become, not the Prince he was born, I doubt that he will ever set foot in Blighty again! I love this comment “One royal insider remarked tartly: 'A book by Harry, as written by Meghan.'”

He will return to England if the marriage doesn't work out. And will probably expect things to be the same as always.

Making headlines across the pond!

Well they do seem to have gotten some media support in the US. I saw an article from the Los Angeles times where it as about Prince William saying that the royal family weren’t racist but it was worded in a way to make it seem that Prince Harry is telling the real truth. Prince Harry is a lucky boy his grandmother is still alive and in charge because she seems to be very willing to keep him involved, or at least make it seem that way. I could be wrong here but I very much doubt his father, and most definitely his brother will be as forgiving.

• Advertisement

Saw this on Instagram!

Advertisement