Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Meanwhile, their arses have 16 bathrooms to choose from, when they want to be left alone…

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

And what about their outrage at Meghan’s dad? Depicting Meghan in Diana’s death pose is more tawdry than purchasing alcohol and selling pics. They showed him no mercy and publicly disowned him. Why do they receive more mercy than he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just figures to poke fun at now. I wonder do they regret leaving the royal family?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

fair play to them.

it's an over supply by a long way but they can afford it and they want it so good on them.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

that's understandable, she is harry's granmother.

hope it all works out for them and they can mend the rifts.

dm in fo-outrage mode as per i would imagine.

what about it?

it has been explained more times then i care to remember why the father got what he deserved.

he chose the media over his daughter and now has to live with the consequences.

i doubt it.

being senior, working members of the rf and having to put up with the likes of the dm and the sun, and all of the fauning and over scruitiny, vs being out, living their own lives, and having a few people on the internet poking fun at them while most of the world have bigger more important issues to worry about and have long moved on?

i reccon its an easy choice tbh.

Do you not see the irony in your comments? He chose the media? Perhaps the royal family feel the same about Meghan and Harry? They have been leaking all the intimate secrets to the press. Or is it more simplistic: H&M good, everybody else bad?

True! There is no scrutiny at all now from the US media!

I think this is a good summary, not forgetting that apparently they wanted their daughter christened in Windsor Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Isn't it just more manipulation?

If it was genuinely about just a great granny meeting the latest family member, they could have privately set up a zoom call, or even hopped on one of those private jets at their disposal from all their friends and nip over for a long weekend.

They know they've pissed off the Queen so what better way to force her hand than to announce that they want her to meet their daughter. It's not about the queen or the baby, it's about maintaining that lucrative link to the family that is their USP. Without name-dropping the royals, they are just two rich folk in a town of even richer, more interesting folk, and would easily fade into obscurity.

It's totally a coincidence that it's came around the same time as the polls show that their popularity has never been lower.

Apparently it is part of their Netflix deal, that other royal family members would appear in their series or whatever they have planned. William and Catherine are the two most wanted. Can't see W and C wanting to be in the same room, never mind a TV programme!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That cartoon made me genuinely lol! 😂 It's painfully close to the truth which makes it even funnier.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You would think for the amount of money involved, that someone, anyone, would have checked whether the others supposedly involved were on board with it.

I'd read that H&M want to copy the Obamas netflix model so here's a list of the projects the Obama's have lined up: https://www.oprahdaily.com/entertainment/tv-movies/a27323589/barack-michelle-obama-list-netflix-shows/ there's a lot there that sound interesting and varied.

This seems to be H&M's so far: https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/every-archewell-prince-harry-meghan-markle-project-coming-to-netflix/

It's early days, but the first one is about Invictus - it stands to reason that would feature, as it's probably the most high-profile thing Harry has done. The next is an animated series about a girl & historical women - Meghan is an executive producer on this, and David Furnish is a producer. That's kind of niche really, but ties in with Meghan's supposed feminist leanings.

And the third that's suggested I highly doubt would see the light of day is the collaboration with Catherine in a documentary about her charity work along the lines of Michelle Obama's Becoming. I suppose Catherine with her 10 years experience has more material for a documentary than Meghans' wet week as a royal. But I can't see Catherine trusting MM with access to what is essentially her job - one she seems to take very seriously - and letting her decide on editing or content. Particularly when Meghan gazzumped Camilla that time. I think Catherine is too careful about her image, and also too loyal to the Queen/Charles and William to collaborate with someone who's caused them so much distress. I imagine the royals have no regard for Netflix either given The Crown and other programmes they have based on the royals.

It is early days but it does seem that as of last month, out of the three, two of them are royal charities, with the second one more than likely a non runner as a project so they really only have two viable projects in the pipeline. That's not great for a multimillion dollar deal that was announced a year ago, so presumably in negotiations for a lot longer than that. I'm sure the investors were expecting more by now. And like you, I'd be very curious as to how much of the deal was based on projected input from other royals. I wonder is their deal in trouble?

Catherine will have nothing to do with Meghan from now on, I imagine.

Interesting bit of gossip.

I'd read that she supposedly took pictures of private areas of the palaces and that's why they were given Frogmore. Not sure I believe Charles removed her to the airport though...

I'd also read that William and Catherine were wary as she took photos of their children privately away from their parents the first time she met the family. I suppose they are wary of anyone new in their circle anyway, but even in ordinary life, you'd get some serious side-eye at the least if you did that.

They can't even claim innocence on that because of the privacy in their own home, family and relationships is so important to them, it's just baffling the way they think it only applies to them.

The movie being released today is really going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons! They allege that William was the villain and Kate was difficult

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And the third that's suggested I highly doubt would see the light of day is the collaboration with Catherine in a documentary about her charity work along the lines of Michelle Obama's Becoming. I suppose Catherine with her 10 years experience has more material for a documentary than Meghans' wet week as a royal. But I can't see Catherine trusting MM with access to what is essentially her job - one she seems to take very seriously - and letting her decide on editing or content. Particularly when Meghan gazzumped Camilla that time. I think Catherine is too careful about her image, and also too loyal to the Queen/Charles and William to collaborate with someone who's caused them so much distress.

Thats why I wonder at times, have they a working brain between them. They wanted to step away, fine, that's their choice. But to then stomp with hobnailed boots all over his family, in particular, in the worst, most public way...yet expect that Kate (or any of them) would want to cooperate with their 'projects'... 🙄

Oh dear!

Finally..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd say Randy Andy is sweating now! It'll be interesting to see how this progresses, I presume he'll be in isolation if found guilty and sent to prison?

The RF is looking very tawdry now, hard to know if the institution will survive after the queen dies.

But he can't sweat!! Can't see anything happening with the case really.

I think William and Catherine will step up sooner rather than later, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh, he can sweat again now!

I think sentiment towards the monarchy will change after the queen dies, a lot of people respect her even if they're anti-monarchy. Charles and William are awkward and that won't help. It's a very different world to the one the queen inherited the crown in.

Made Time magazine list for 2021. The list also includes a founding member of the Taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm honestly curious as to what influence Time actually believe these 2 hold? He had influence by virtue of his birth and family, she gained a little of that vicariously via their marriage.

Their behaviour in finding freedom? Has thrown that family under the bus, torching the relationships and the influence held. Yes Harry still has the Invicta games, but I am genuinely interested in how the next few play out with UK and commonwealth soldiers in particular.

She was a jobbing actress with notions, and he was the spare who gained some degree of responsibility via military service. Now he's moved to a country where he is just a veteran with a platform in a country of 19 million veterans all shouting about something. Neither seem to have any actual grasp as to what day to day normal and working or god forbid jobless families face on a day to day basis?

Their ideas are utter populist and uneducated nonsense and they are gratingly annoying? Or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s not exactly hallmark Christmas movie body language is it. Harry looks on edge or just unhappy in most pictures I’ve seen of him recently(admittedly not an extensive amount ) but when you compare these recent ones to ones a few years ago it’s a stark difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just checked their heights, Harry is 6'1 and Meghan is 5'6, the poor dude isnt allowed stand straight

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I couldn’t have told you their heights except Harry was taller but I wouldn’t have known by how much, but they’re more or less the same height in that picture. Is it me or those that picture look awful as if it’s a bad photoshop where they’ve taken two separate pictures and combined them.

• Advertisement

He's sitting down in the one where she's in white.

Advertisement