Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Penn wrote: »
    As per my next post above, removing the line "While some recollections may vary" still meets the requirements of a gentle, considered, diplomatic response.

The inclusion of it, given how carefully and considered such statements have to be worded and how many departments would be involved in drafting it, indicates that they cannot deny there is some element of truth to it.

I agree.

But as pointed out, context is everything..

The comments, if made could be nasty, tame, innocent

There are levels here..

We have no clue what was said. Because the two vindictive attention seekers want it like that. They engineered it like that. Threw it in there for maximum effect..

Utter nonsense....

They know damn well the RF can’t fight back. The RF have to remain above the trashy type element that Harry and Meghan are espousing..

The RF will not get into a back and forth here, and rightly so

Best response is either no response, or the olive branch that they have chosen

Giving credence and oxygen to the fire that Harry and Meghan want to rage only prolongs the time the two of them want..

This will blow over very soon, and Harry and Meg will move on to their next attention seeking project; and in the not too distant future, she’ll do a runner on Ginger!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If you take that section out of the statement, it still works

The addition of "While some recollections may vary..." implies at the very least that there were some discussions along those lines.

If you take that line out, it'd be seen as an admission that something wrong was said, rather than something that may have been said, but was taken up wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It could have been said by anyone from Philip to George and it could have been something as sinister as “but she is bloody black you idiot, we cannot have a black child in the monarchy” to something as innocent as “oh I wonder whose colouring the child will have”, or “will the child look like Meghan or Harry”. Meghan herself admitted she never even heard what was said, it was just passed on by Harry and without context, it’s pointless speculating about who said it or what their intentions may have been. I’m of the view that if something truly intentionally racist was said then we would know all about it.

Same way as Meghan and a coloured skinned friend might have mused "I wonder will the baby be pasty white with freckles and red hair".

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

why is everyone so obsessed with this.

Ireland should have little fond regard towards the Royal Family as an institution
    Meghan and Harry - what a lovely pair - spouting off about how hard done by they are in their multi-million dollar mansion while its certainly not nice and it should be addressed by the Royal family if they have suffered and endured - the timing of the pity party just shows how out of touch they are with society.
    Daddy cut me off and now I only have Mummys trust.

the world is struggling in a pandemic. jeez we in ireland cant even walk more than 5km down the road and we are meant to feel sorry for Meghan and Harry.

I'm sure yes there were issues between the family and Meghan and Harry - but why are we being asked to care about this- just because the UK and US are obsessed with this faux celebrity drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

cnocbui wrote: »
    It's realistic.

Ignoring Meghan being pregnant at the time, how long did it take to work?

Let me guess, it's safe for pregnant women and it was like magic, you took one pill and half an hour later you were doing a Riverdance impression.

Jeez, it doesn’t sound like you’d have been much more help to Meghan than the palace was. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

King Snowflake has left the show. What a baby, although I'd say he probably got a bit of a shove.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1369353246628790276

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    why is everyone so obsessed with this.

I'm sure yes there were issues between the family and Meghan and Harry - but why are we being asked to care about this- just because the UK and US are obsessed with this faux celebrity drama.

Shur we need something to pass the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

As per my next post above, removing the line "While some recollections may vary" still meets the requirements of a gentle, considered, diplomatic response.

The inclusion of it, given how carefully and considered such statements have to be worded and how many departments would be involved in drafting it, indicates that they cannot deny there is some element of truth to it.

It reads like a line there to say we're neither confirming or denying it happened. To deny it would be calling Megan and Harry liars which would be throwing petrol on the fire and nobody was going to come out and say yes we're racist.

Also if nobody remembered anything that recollection would vary from what was claimed. They don't want to be like Brian Lenihan on mature recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hurrache wrote: »
    King Snowflake has left the show. What a baby, although I'd say he probably got a bit of a shove.

So long Piers Moany Morgan

People are noting how little Philip was referred to in the interview and ascribing meaning to that. I think it might honestly be as simple as “I don’t want to diss my grandfather, who is lying in hospital at this very moment”. I could see them deciding not to mention his ill grandfather and that would be the right thing to do, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well at least some good has come out of all this.

At first thought, I guessed it was Prince Philip who made the remarks about Archie's skin tone, but now, having watched the interview, the more and more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think it was actually William.

Who has the power to hurt us the most? Those who are closest to us.

It would explain the widening fo the rift between the brothers. I can't explain it, but I just feel he is/was the closest to Harry, has had the closest experience to Harry, and I truly believe he is the one that Harry will always protect to the end because of their shared experience. But I think Harry is deeply hurt by the rift with William.

Harry said that if he revealed who it was it would do a lot of damage. I truly don't think Harry's motive is to bring down the monarchy, and who is going to be the longterm future of the monarchy? William.

At first thought, I guessed it was Prince Philip who made the remarks about Archie's skin tone, but that feels too obvious. JMHO. I guess we'll never really know.

Well, Occam’s razor and all that. This isn’t a TV show (well, that’s debatable) where they are striving for plot twists.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So long Piers Moany Morgan

i do like Piers as an interviewer as he makes for good TV
    but he really is very irrational in his dislike for Meghan shouldnt he at least attempt to appear to be an impartial journalist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Morgan is that most distasteful kind of journalist, a controversialist.
    No doubt the announcement some minutes ago that he is leaving ITV's morning programme will be welcomed by many. Including me.
    Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

but he really is very irrational in his dislike for Meghan shouldnt he at least attempt to appear to be an impartial journalist

He hacked phones of dead people.

bitofabind wrote: »
    Yeah that was me. She is unlikeable. She does seem to relish in her victimhood and be grossly lacking in self-awareness. She also has a trail of abandoned friendships and family relationships in her wake and in this Oprah interview, she seemed a bit too comfortable in the spotlight, mostly without her husband, and with a close ally that clearly has been pressing for this interview for quite a long time. And whose agenda was partly building her own brand in the U.S, so spare the gotcha questions please.

So there's ALLLL of that. Which makes it very easy to dislike her and feed into the media frenzy that supports the worst possible assumptions about her. But I think it's important to separate that from the system, people can be dislikeable, people can be narcissistic and still not be deserving of the tirade of life-threatening abuse that's thrown their way by a media that profits off of that public sentiment and an institution that turns a blind eye because it helps them to hide their own deeper secrets (Prince Andrew Exhibit A). That's been the RF's MO for decades, throw adjacent-women to the tabloid/wolves that's keeping them in business and protected from the rule of law that us peasants have to closely follow.

Meghan may be a bit of a madam, and Harry's a broken man, he's not broken because of Meghan. He's been betrayed and traumatised by it all and no, his tens of millions in the bank don't change any of that though it's easy to feel no pity because of all of the privilege he's grown up with.

very eloquently said.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i do like Piers as an interviewer as he makes for good TV

Why is he so hateful for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think he completely lost the run of himself this week and it crossed a line and started to feel very personal. It’s a shame because, although I’ve no time for him aside from this, he’s the only one who had the gumption to call out the bs but he shot himself in the foot by saying he didn’t believe she was suicidal. He should have stuck to the things that are easily debunked; like Archie not being given a title due to his colouring and the wedding ordeal, and maybe said how due to these things, there’s now question marks hanging over some of the other things brought up. Instead he went full retard and I’m not surprised he’s lost his job over it. He was totally and completely unprofessional

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is he so hateful for her?

apparently cause they used to hang out when she was in London and he showed her the ropes a bit in London and then one day stopped taking his calls - when she started seeing Harry

I think he completely lost the run of himself this week and it crossed a line and started to feel very personal. It’s a shame because, although I’ve no time for him aside from this, he’s the only one who had the gumption to call out the bs but he shot himself in the foot by saying he didn’t believe she was suicidal. He should have stuck to the things that are easily debunked; like Archie not being given a title due to his colouring and the wedding ordeal, and maybe said how due to these things, there’s now question marks hanging over some of the other things brought up. Instead he went full retard and I’m not surprised he’s lost his job over it. He was totally and completely unprofessional

yeah he went too far with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Lined up a nice contract at GB news would be my guess. All about getting himself the best deal, and I think that whole charade was it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Any chance it could have been one of archies little cousins could have said it? Children have no filter (and some adults too.)
    Just a thought. Could have just been an innocent honest question?

CALLED IT. I said that in my friend Whatsapp group today. No sympathy for the bloated turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

deise08 wrote: »
    Any chance it could have been one of archies little cousins could have said it? Children have no filter (and some adults too.)

Archie the d**kie they were calling him. Little buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

deise08 wrote: »

Of course, but Harry and Meghan could not consider this possible..

That wouldn’t suit their attack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

apparently cause they used to hang out when she was in London and he showed her the ropes a bit in London and then one day stopped taking his calls - when she started seeing Harry

Is that true ? So that’s the reason he is negative about her. Jesus that’s a poor reason to get the hump over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

One thing that everyone can agree with is that Piers Morgan is a horrible human being.
    The fact that he constantly gets prime time TV and the daily mail and the sun are the top 2 newspapers in the UK tells you a lot about that country

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Cienciano wrote: »
    One thing that everyone can agree with is that Piers Morgan is a horrible human being.
    The fact that he constantly gets prime time TV and the daily mail and the sun are the top 2 newspapers in the UK tells you a lot about that country

That's why he's a perfect fit for GB News. Only thing going against him is he is sensible when it comes to covid lockdown which that demographic isn't so keen on, otherwise, he's ideal.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is that true ? So that’s the reason he is negative about her. Jesus that’s a poor reason to get the hump over.

yeah he said it himself on air (or something to that effect) yeah its kind of sad. just get over it dude,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

There can be an ethical consideration for therapists when it comes to seeing the partner/family member of a client past or present. I don't about the UK but in Ireland many won't do it.

Also it can be uncomfortable for the client to know that everything they have shared with their therapist, issues maybe relating to someone close to them, now that someone close will be attending "their" therapist.

Exactly this. Most counsellors will not see a client's partner/family member, at least not accredited counsellors adhering to best practise guidelines. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

Advertisement