Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I think rules about dressing is just common sense. You don't wear unbuttoned coat suggesting pregnancies to someone's else wedding. The same is here. She was not the main guest of honour. She was merely an accompanying person to Harry, who was to present 5 awards (not the most significant). So simply know your place and dress accordingly.

Just compare her outfit with the outfit of wife of Jon Bon Jovi, who got the Intrepid Lifetime Achievement Award.

Also Harry and Meghan both had poppies. This symbol is to commemorate veterans and killed soldiers. You must be tone deaf to put it on a dress with so deep cleavage. It's not a decoration!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yeah, i know, i watched the interview.

hence the statement i made based on what was said.

it was likely a practice session or some sort of private ceremony which meant more to them then the actual wedding and they felt as if they were married there and then, neither of them stated that they felt like they were married and or that whatever it was meant more to them then the actual wedding which they probably should have.

but as i said it was obvious what was meant so them not stating it either way was much a do over nothing given the information surrounding the actual legal event was available anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Those text messages end all doubt over what a manipulative, scheming pair they are. I forgot, liars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, all laid bare now, you'd have to be blind or lobotomised not to see it.

On one hand it can read like a woman who is extremely paranoid of having her words criticised or altered. If she lived a life of torment and anxiety within the Royal family then the above would make even more sense.

Really though my own intuition tells me it is she who is the master manipulator there. It takes a certain type of mind I think to turn an attempt at reaching out in to such a deliberate and managed, poured over and analysed, act.

There is no authenticity in it. Authenticity would be deciding a letter to her dad might help their relationship, writing it and let that be that.

So what of it was intercepted and leaked? Not nice but she could stand over the honesty of the contents. Maybe there would be some harsh words in it but that would be human. Her and her dad had a falling out so it wouldn't be unusual to not be all flowery.

Instead it was turned in to some kind of pr thing. And the emails about the Scobie book. Lord. What a pair they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

my children are the same age as William and Harry. I could imagine how I would feel if a girl like Meghan was to marry my son. Only her mother as guest, no other family invited, public rows with her father. I would be worried. This was all playing out in front of the world. They gave her a splendid wedding and it looks like she had lots of support. After his week, we can see she's a lose cannon and I don't see it ending well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

No one asked her if she was ok. Well Jason Knauf did.

She was even offered the chance of a royal aide going to Mexico incognito to meet her father with a view for reconciliation. It was refused. Likely because her father would spill the beans on the bullshit "Sizzler salad/self made woman" victim playing story she'd spun with her husband and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not once in those texts did she say she’s writing the letter to get through to her father. Not once did she say she’s so full of despair and anguish and this is the last ditch attempt at getting through to him in the hopes he will stop engaging with the media or that she can’t take any more. Nope. Her sole preoccupation seems to be how it would read should it be made public. She deliberated and antagonised over every word and sentence that in the event it should be released it would “tug at the heartstrings”. She then has the absolute gall to take a civil suit when what she had not only expected but actually planned for, inevitably happened. What an absolute horror of a woman. What the ANL case seems to come down to is Meghan’s right to privacy vs Thomas’ right to express himself.. the contents of the letter had been leaked and misrepresented and so Thomas wanted to straighten some facts and defend himself.. and so he did. I guess ANL will end up losing but it doesn’t actually matter. Meghan has been exposed as a liar and she has no credibility left. She should be held in contempt of court for misleading the court. Anyone else would.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So on Wednesday when I was online last in any great way the guy Jason Knauf had a statement he was submitting and it didn’t read well for Harry and Meghan as it seemed to counter act their entire narrative. I’ve had a look at the pictures in @valoren post and what special kind of eijits put that stuff in writing so that it can used against them.

Well despite the few here who believe the sun shines out of a certain area the couples bodies come what may, this surely this casts major doubt on everything they said in that Oprah interview because we now have the literally receipts that contradict their version.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

I think she wore the dress on purpose to steal the spotlight from Harry. It was his gig and she was his Plus One. She cant stand not being the centre of attention so she decided to grab back the limelight by going OTT on the dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

And to steal the limelight from everyone else and to try to take the focus away from the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

https://news.sky.com/story/meghans-text-messages-revealed-harry-faced-constant-berating-from-royal-family-12467064

So now she only wrote that letter to save Harry from his bullying father. She’s heroic you see, and Harry’s the poor victim again. Thank goodness this ex-military veteran of Afghanistan has Meghan to defend him against such attacks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Yeah, his awful family kept asking "can't she just go and see him and make this stop?" What a horrible bunch of people!

And offered to send a lackey on her behalf which she declined. Daddy probably knows a lot of stuff that Meghan doesn't want Harry to find out!

Saw this on Instagram. Have no idea if it could be true.

Ah Jesus H Christ, you mean the dad who Harry has said on numerous occasions was there for him when his mother died, and with his brother have spoken warmly about him in an interview. And also the father who offered to walk his further wife half way down the aisle at his wedding. I’m in no way saying that Prince Charles is perfect but he’s no way near as bad as those two are making him out to be. I mean if Charles had kept up funding Harry, I doubt very very much this would be the narrative.

Kate(Catherine), Camilla, Anne and Sophie, amongst others showed how to dress for an occasion tonight. Somber, elegant, classy. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10198749/William-Kate-join-Charles-Camilla-years-Festival-Remembrance.html

Kate(Catherine), Camilla, Anne and Sophie.

And to think Meghan could’ve been one of the four at the top table as it were but nope.

And I’ve never heard of that thing about red being a possible triggering colour for war veterans but I suppose when you think about it it would make sense.

A lot of the audience tonight are wearing a combination of black and red. To me it symbolises the poppy.

Re Meghan’s dress, to me it was inappropriate and screamed “look at me”. The fact that they had their own film crew add to the sense of distaste imo.

I hadn't heard of it before either. Dark colours are preferable, apparently to show off the poppy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The fact that they had their own film crew add to the sense of distaste imo.

I think that didn't quite sink in with me until now. What on earth 🙄! They must see every occasion as a backdrop to them, and of course a way to make money.

Who will want to watch what they produce, is what I wonder.

Similarly with their trip to NY. People have pretty much already seen whatever there is to be seen.

This was also in New York. I wonder how they travelled there and what their carbon footprint is like.

What stood out for me most from the texts is how kind Jason Knauf is to her. All we've heard is how they all wanted her to fail, no one asked how she was etc and we can see in black and white that hes walking her though it all and specifically says that he hopes shes ok.

I really hope her bullying the staff isn't swept under the table because it looks like at least Jason Knauf has kept proof of certain things.

We all lie or misremember or forget but if I was initiating a court action I would be damn sure of the truth. Absolute brass neck of them to think they would get away with pretending they weren't involved.

I think the Queen has authorised the staff to speak with her recollections may vary statement . They've really taken the focus off of Andrew.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sorry, I should have clarified...their previous trip to NY.☺️

Still puzzled either way.

I have to say when the tried do say their wedding happened three days before it actually did and tried to use the Archbishop of Canterbury as a way to prove what they said was right, I started to wonder what else wasn’t true. If they’d have had an once of cop on between them they’d have known that the Archbishop of Canterbury answers to two people, the big lad upstairs and the queen, and he was never going to back them up. Feelings are not facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

at this stage, for me, I stopped wondering about all this crap they're producing and came to the conclusion: it's ALL wanted, means it doesn't matter if it's good press or mainly bad press, main thing is: being IN the press no matter what, be it with telling lies/leaving things in the open for 'the world' to wonder (allegations racist royals but not naming them), strange letters to her dad showing up, inappropriate dresses at sensitive functions...there's no end and will never be. The only 'cure' would be if the media would stop presenting them, ignoring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

her sister is now taking megs to court for slander and defamation is the US and UK.

In addition to that, it was very ill judged to describe their actual wedding as 'this spectacle'. People lined the streets of Windsor, to wish them well, happy for them. There was always, I think, a soft spot for Harry, in many British people and they were delighted to see him getting married.

The British people don't get to live in the palaces and the enormous estates. They only get to see what it's like from outside, to live as a royal, swanning around wearing eye wateringly expensive clothes and jewellery, and waving to the crowds. It's not much of a return but the royal family know how to do it. There is absolutely grinding poverty in parts of the U.K., I believe, which is hard to reconcile with these 'spectacles', imo.

As an aside, I do think that when the queen dies, a lot of the traditional respect for the monarchy will die with her, tbh.

• Advertisement

What I thought was a bit jarring was how they presented it like they had to have such an ostentatious wedding and how great it was for the economy. The royals always get to present the narrative that they're so beneficial to the economy because of tourism etc, we do fine in Ireland without royals, France hasn't had a monarchy in more than two centuries and they do fine, their palaces being unoccupied make them much more accessible to tourists.

If Harry and Meghan had wanted a private small ceremony, they easily could have had it, just release a photo afterwards like Beatrice did or let the press take photos outside like they did for Zara's wedding. Most people just want to see what the Bride wears and what the wedding guests wear. Their wedding was not a State occassion like Will and Kates.

Its quite sexist of me but I think that seeing a man in a crown and robe will make a lot of people think twice about it. Its been so long since they've had a coronation and even though that was televised it was so grainy you couldn't really see it. I fully think Charles will want all the pomp and circumstance and will make people realise how ridiculous it is, all the nobility decked out in robes and jewels for the occasion.

Watching the Crown and seeing the ridiculousness of being invested as Prince of Wales, I do wonder will William want all of that nonsense.

Advertisement