Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

"The former aide said Prince Harry told him: 'I totally agree that we have to be able to say we didn't have anything to do with it*.' This is the same Harry now leading a global campaign against 'disinformation'.

It's beyond parody!"

*It being the book finding freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

The whole saga is slowly coming to an end. The court case is the one of last remenants of publicity they can squeeze from their previous life in the palace. Next year Harry's book comes out, the queens jubilee, then thats it really until the queen passes on. There really is no more drama left to squeeze from those years. I doubt if the bullying investigation results will be made public. A statement will be made that gives little away by the palace who are reluctant to stir the pot. H&Ms future is netflix, it looks like spotify might have dropped them quietly. They have one shot to deliver the goods next year or I would bet netflix will pull the plug too. They are coming into their 40s with young children and no way back into the fold. Give it another 18 months and they will be relegated to back page stories in the tabloids. If she can establish herself beyond the need for a title she will divorce Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think that she’ll keep her title even after divorce. Like Sarah, Duchess of York.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

her treatment of her father was in responce to his treatment of her which is the actual issue here.

he is not some poor innocent individual badly treated, he brought this on himself and it seems is only getting sympathy because of individual's dislike of meghan which makes no sense really as meghan doesn't change the type of individual he turned out to be.

tbh losing the respect of the tabloids and their readers is no bad thing, the tabloids are generally hypocritical anyway and they chop and change their view on the wind.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

In other words, like father, like daughter. Both media whores.

not really, it seems to be more him who was using the media for attention.

m&h do use the media but it is generally about trying to promote their campaigns and give their side of the story when the tabloids do their nonsense rather then about being whores as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

TBH, yeah. Both as bad as each other, but I get the impression she's quite a bit sharper than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

There's no point discussing with end of the road. The sun shines out of MM's backside as far as she's concerned giving the mental gymnastics they go through to excuse every single one of MM's stories.

news to me that i am a she and that i think the sun shines out of m&h's arses.

to be honest i don't particularly care about them as such, but there is no doubt they have been badly treated by certain elements of the press who are the most hypocritical elements one will find and who were happy to faun over them when they thought they were going to be the next big thing and make those elements of the press money, who then engaged in fo-outrage when they realised m&h are human beings with feelings and didn't want to put up with their crap, such that they wouldn't bring a new born baby out straight away after meghan had just given birth so a bunch of quite frankly gools could faun over it.

i also find it fascinating to witness a small few irish people being so offended on behalf of an institution which has nothing to do with this country and which was ultimately built on the backs of the misery of others and who have only being slightly slighted by lets face it, some stuff that is probably true to an extent being revealed by m&h.

yeah, all the narative creating and twisting of small stuff and bombardments of daily mail links to support claims and i am the one engaging in mental gymnastics? come on now lets get real here.

anyway, yesterday's victory for meghan is a victory for common sense and the outrage and throwing the toys out of the pram from the daily mail and biers morkgamp is delicious.

• Advertisement

It's only just because they see Meghan and Harry as being against the royal family, which is the important thing to eotr.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, kind of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

First indicator that she’s full of sh!t about her feminist principles.

Why did anyone have to ‘give her away’?

Maybe her ex husband could’ve done!!

She should have kept walking up the aisle by herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

AFAIMC she (they) only offended my intelligence and moral values with Oprah's interview. I couldn't care less about royal family....

Harry advises people unhappy in their jobs to do like him and quit. “Prince Harry today advised people who feel 'stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy' to quit and said leaving work was something to be 'celebrated', nearly two years after his acrimonious departure from the Royal Family. 

The Duke of Sussex, who lives in an £11million mansion in California and has a series of endorsement deals with companies that pay him to represent their brands, said people should leave their jobs to put their happiness first.

The 37-year-old prince's comments may be seen by some as referring to how he and wife Meghan Markle stepped down as senior royals last year and left Britain for North America.

It comes after his brother Prince William yesterday told how his job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot caused him a mental health crisis when he helped to rescue a seriously injured child - but he continued to work in the role.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10280179/People-stuck-jobs-dont-bring-joy-QUIT-says-Prince-Harry.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Harry advises people unhappy in their jobs to do like him and quit. “Prince Harry today advised people who feel 'stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy' to quit and said leaving work was something to be 'celebrated', nearly two years after his acrimonious departure from the Royal Family. 

Just when you think there are not many more ways left to make himself look like a tit, who is completely out of touch with reality, he comes out with that.

Yes, Harry, tis that simple alright. Not. You absolute turnip. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If I inherited 20 mil and was supported by my family until recently I'd quit too. Alas, in the real world, it's not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Harry should fund his own startup and call it "Quitter".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They are just jumping on the antiwork bandwagon. They'll attach themselves to anything if they think it will make them stay relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

“Prince Harry today advised people who feel 'stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy' to quit"

The vast majority of people do not like their jobs. Cleaners, road sweepers, the people who empty bins, chamber maids, lots and lots of low paid workers will never, ever find "joy" in their work. On top of the high paid workers that also hate their office jobs. Yeah just quit. Go ahead. Don't worry about paying bills or providing for yourself. So says the multi millionaire who quit the only job he ever had (the army) to do practically nothing. Seriously he is so far removed from reality how can anyone listen to him.

• Advertisement

he was never going to be able to stay in the army long term, the security risk to him and others was just not sustainable.

sure look i agree, the if you are unhappy in your job quit statement isn't realistic but it's no more worse or stupid coming from him as it is coming from the individuals who express it on this site from time to time.

He quit his job as a working royal, that's what he is referencing

easy to quit when you have millions of pounds to live off🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

At least 99% of people spouting that advice here actually live in the real world where bills have to get paid.

Every time PH opens his mouth he shows how out of touch he is- not exactly his fault (no one can help how they were raised) but he should know when to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

“that a lot of the job resignations you mention aren’t all bad. In fact, it is a sign that with self-awareness comes the need for change. Many people around the world have been stuck in jobs that didn’t bring them joy, and now they’re putting their mental health and happiness first. This is something to be celebrated.”

It's important to note who his actual target market is here and that he really needs to qualify what he is saying. That target market is not people on minimum wage, who work jobs they hate to pay their bills, making ends meet. Such people implicitly understand that quitting their job for their mental health is simply not an option, that they would, while continuing to work, seek out other opportunities if unhappy. He made the comments in his role as an impact officer for BetterUp, he is drumming up business for a company which charges individuals an eye-watering $499 per month to use their services. Coming up with such a high pricing point is indicative of who the company is targetting i.e. high income earners. Harry’s target market is thus the small percentage of working people who actually have the discretionary income to afford such a monthly fee, the people who are working in very well paying jobs that they happen to find unfulfilling, who might have the financial security to quit their jobs and have the luxury of minding their mental health unlike the vast majority of people. Applying his comments to everyone working person is done so as to stoke comment, derision, mockery etc. It is done to make him seem utterly tone deaf but to be fair he is preaching to a very small percentage of people. The problem for him is that he can’t outright say that he is promoting this towards effectively fleecing elite high earners and differentiate that such services are beyond the reach of those who can’t afford it and would rather put 500 dollars towards making ends meet. That he didn’t qualify his remarks opens him up to having his words twisted i.e. he didn’t say that quitting a job when you can’t afford to with nothing lined up for the sake of your mental health is counter intuitive. The message is a good one but the messenger and his means of putting it across is wrong i.e. the Prince of the realm who, for the sake of his mental health, stepped away from the Truman Show like work in the Royal family but it mustn’t have all that bad considering he still wanted to do it on a part time basis.

realistically none of that matters regardless of how true it may be.

the 99% spouting it are just as out of touch on that specific issue as he is ultimately.

even if he qualified it properly it would be twisted by the likes of the DM and other tabloids so he cannot win either way.

Spotted this on twitter.

Post edited by Be right back on

I’d hate to see you and Harry when the scales finally fall from your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

yes, so true. That made me think of when you used hear Will and Harry say implicitly or explicitly that they'd like a 'normal' life or they try to live a 'normal' life. Their 'normal' is the life of the other aristos and super wealthy friends who live fabulous lives but are not in the public eye. So as far as they're concerned, they've drawn the short straw, fabulous wealth is the norm but they've got the duties as well.

• Advertisement

there are no scales to fall from my eyes and i think the same is highly likely with harry as well.

m&h are always going to be fine, regardless of the daily mail's grooming of some of the public into thinking that the daily mail are going to expose them for being a myth that the daily mail has created and that the daily mail is going to bring them down.

Advertisement