Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

There can be an ethical consideration for therapists when it comes to seeing the partner/family member of a client past or present. I don't about the UK but in Ireland many won't do it.

Also it can be uncomfortable for the client to know that everything they have shared with their therapist, issues maybe relating to someone close to them, now that someone close will be attending "their" therapist.

So there is only one therapist available in UK? C'omon, one therapist can recommend the other. I don't believe a words about this part of Meghan's story. I believe she could have had problems but I don't believe that she was denied help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    why is everyone so obsessed with this.

Ireland should have little fond regard towards the Royal Family as an institution
    Meghan and Harry - what a lovely pair - spouting off about how hard done by they are in their multi-million dollar mansion while its certainly not nice and it should be addressed by the Royal family if they have suffered and endured - the timing of the pity party just shows how out of touch they are with society.
    Daddy cut me off and now I only have Mummys trust.

the world is struggling in a pandemic. jeez we in ireland cant even walk more than 5km down the road and we are meant to feel sorry for Meghan and Harry.

I'm sure yes there were issues between the family and Meghan and Harry - but why are we being asked to care about this- just because the UK and US are obsessed with this faux celebrity drama.

Speaking for myself, it's a welcome distraction from George Lee and NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Various Australian politicians saying after the queen is gone, they should finish up with the monarchy and go their own way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is he so hateful for her?

I read somewhere few years ago that he actually facilitated her meeting Harry, It was something like, that he sent her off in taxi for a meeting with Harry, while she cut herself off entirely later and didn't even invited him for their wedding.

I don't like him, but his emotional reaction to all this says a lot. I think he might have told the truth about it, if he behaves so hurt for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Various Australian politicians saying after the queen is gone, they should finish up with the monarchy and go their own way

What do young people thing of the monarchy these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Brilliant news about Piers Morgan...I would say jumped before he was pushed.
    His obsession with Meghan Markle is utterly bizarre.
    His colleague totally nailed him on good morning Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

yeah fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The new variants will ALWAYS be of a serious concern to George Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Well she certainly is used to cutting people off - her father, brother, step sisters, cousins - now her husbands entire family. I can’t imagine Christmas ever being big and cheery for either of them again.

Family infighting between royals has always been fraught - the last time the it was english royals fighting with their german cousins. That cost Europe a generation of men - twenty million military deaths and forty million civilions.

At least this time they are keeping their battles virtual even if its a new in-law hanging out nondescript unspecified dirty comments on global press and whinging as they fan themselves with millions from their bank accounts that they don’t want to spend their own money on their childs safety and someone said something that they didn’t hear but are happy to repeat - only not enough to be called up or questioned on it and its context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

There can be an ethical consideration for therapists when it comes to seeing the partner/family member of a client past or present. I don't about the UK but in Ireland many won't do it.

Also it can be uncomfortable for the client to know that everything they have shared with their therapist, issues maybe relating to someone close to them, now that someone close will be attending "their" therapist.
    Exactly this. Most counsellors will not see a client's partner/family member, at least not accredited counsellors adhering to best practise guidelines. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

In that case, you will be referred to another therapist. They’re not going to just say “Sorry, I treated your husband, byeeee!”.

• Advertisement

JoChervil wrote: »
    I read somewhere few years ago that he actually facilitated her meeting Harry, It was something like, that he sent her off in taxi for a meeting with Harry, while she cut herself off entirely later and didn't even invited him for their wedding.

I don't like him, but his emotional reaction to all this says a lot. I think he might have told the truth about it, if he behaves so hurt for so long!
    Who knows if that is even true....but someone not wanting to be your friend is not a reason to constantly and relentlessly attack them....
    Bizarre behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

As someone who has an extensive background working in mental health/psychiatry. You shaming somebody over their mental health is quite unsettling. Attitudes like yours are one of the prevalent reason suicide rates are so high in Ireland.

You don't get to decide whether somebody's mental illness is "pathetic" or "desperation".

I hope nobody close to you happens to experience suicidal ideation as you don't seem to understand how serious it is.

Isn't there a possibility that a manipulative person might invoke suicide ideation as a means of deflecting expected criticism? i.e. people would be more reluctant to press ahead and criticise them because they risk being insensitive to someone's (conjured up) suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

gmisk wrote: »

Apparently, he was schooled yesterday too! I really think the time has come for Piers to seek help. His hatred of the Duchess is bordering on the irrational and obsessional.

You would have to say that the Queen is the only real lynchpin of the royal family. When she dies and then as the UK population grows older I can’t see how it will retain the ever dwindling status it’s currently grasping onto.

Did he not survive the hacking scandal with the Mirror? The guy is Teflon!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Did you?
    In their joint interview in November, Harry revealed that he and Meghan were introduced by a mutual friend, but they didn't reveal who she was in order to protect her privacy. However, E! now reports that their mystery matchmaker is Violet von Westenholz—a PR director for Ralph Lauren who met Markle through the brand and has known Harry since they were children.
    https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a15872194/who-introduced-prince-harry-meghan-markle/

Apparently, he was schooled yesterday too! I really think the time has come for Piers to seek help. His hatred of the Duchess is bordering on the irrational and obsessional.
    Oh yeah the lady on the zoom totally ripped him apart as well.
    He is a scumbag he will no doubt pop up again. Probably that new right wing news channel that's on the way GB news

BettyS wrote: »
    The hacking scandal he did I think but the fake photos he was sacked over

And the faked Iraq war torture photos.

There is a headline on the Dailymail, in which Hilary Clinton berates the British for their cruelty towards Meghan. The headline is like a rag to the bull. I can only guess the comments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

He’s a breath of fresh air amongst all the white shimmering veneered teeth and airbrushed identikit faces - and opinions.

And the faked Iraq war torture photos.
    He was fired over those I think

Did anybody watch Thomas Markle’s interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,980 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

walshb wrote: »
    The mental health angle has people torn...

Her casually bringing it up has done nothing but a disservice to Mental Health

...the deliberate casualness of it tells me that it is bogus. People are missing this point.

If she was genuine, and decent, and concerned, she would not have brought it up during the interview in the manner she did. It was reckless casualness. There are many many people listening to her every word and she talks about ending her life....what hope and positivity is that bringing people who may well be suffering real anguish?

To me it read like "Sure, if Megan can be almost ready to die with her life and her status, what hope is there for me."

She had no need other than attention to bring up ending her life...

She could easily have said that the situation made her feel sad and in need of comfort etc, but no, that wasn't enough to tell the wold...she had to go even further with the suicide angle.....

Reckless in my view, and I am amazed people can't see it.

People Torn? Hopefully sensible people see through this appalling ploy to gain sympathy, it's just disgusting, I'd wager the cunning Duchess will drop the gulable Prince when this crocodile tears sham backfires.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

It is a huge difference between to be used and to simply not wanting to be your friend anymore.

Of course, if it is true. But I think it is. He behaves like deeply betrayed person.
    Someone else provided a link...he had no involvement in them being introduced.
    Why is a man that age....behaving like someone from mean girls.
    He needs to grow up and wise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,980 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did anybody watch Thomas Markle’s interview?

Briefly and whilst clearly not the brightest of chaps, he actually came across as coherent for a change and certainly not supporting his ghastly daughter.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Briefly and whilst clearly not the brightest of chaps, he actually came across as coherent for a change and certainly not supporting his ghastly daughter.
    Has he stopped staging photos for money and selling personal letters from his daughter?
    Classy guy.
    He would sell out anyone for a dollar.

I do find it funny with all the constant controversy and ego Piers Morgan had on Good Morning Britain....they never beat the competition on BBC one....lol

Has he stopped staging photos for money and selling personal letters from his daughter?
    Classy guy.
    He would sell out anyone for a dollar.

You sound like somebody who has known him personally for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

He’s a breath of fresh air amongst all the white shimmering veneered teeth and airbrushed identikit faces - and opinions.

The only way that scum bag would qualify as a breath of fresh air is if you had just spent 6 hours sucking on the exhaust pipe of an idling bus.

Advertisement