Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You need to understand that Harry might not be attending the memorial because he isn't invited, or might be in a strop because his wife isn't invited.

It's highly unlikely that he just isn't arsed attending.

“Hope there's summat nice for pudding.” Humble pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

actually i don't need to understand such given only harry really knows, and presumably meghan as well, why he won't be attending the memorial.

personally it makes no odds to me whether he attends or why because it's not my family and nothing to do with me.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You care enough to suggest that the invitation process for members of the family is different though and that Harry could attend if he wanted, even if he wasn't invited.

Anyway, enough of your nonsense for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Don’t forget the Royal family are on a budget, too. Could be they want to avoid leasing an extra Jaguar for the procession. Just sayin’.

• Advertisement

I had a look at the beginning of his analysis of that wedding clip. He seems to be saying that Meghan's 'dagger eyes' are due to not having Harry's full attention.

I disagree. Before listening I felt she was angry towards the other woman for what she is saying rather than Harry's attention on her. Then the body language guy described Harry's behaviour as being slightly protective.

Now it could be argued this is because he knows Meghan won't be happy but I don't think so. I think the analysis is biased towards painting Meghan as desiring attention and very much inhabiting a sort of diva position.

These kinds of analyses of body language are really unreliable because there's no context. All we can do is speculate. I don't think they indicate a person's character. They are fascinating though.

Look at this image that I found.

It appears that Harry is standing back alone and angry as he looks on at the people in front of him. His stance is slightly turned which is at odds with the rest of the group. Meghan is beside him but he seems removed from her as well.

Is he thinking 'look at them all God I despise this stuff' or his gaze directed at someone in particular. It's possibly Camilla or maybe the Queen but I don't know.

It's the most incredible image of the whole carry on I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He could be mid blink. It’s a very strong opinion to form based on a screen shot.

Is this in relation to my pic?

He could be but his jaw looks pretty set, there's a tension there. Like I posted previously we can't say with any certainty what's occuring but it is interesting to wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But it was just during their last visit after their announcement of leaving, when things didn't go to their plans. So no wonder he has tense look.

Also they are all walking in this pic. He is not standing. It looks like this procession just took a turn and he and Meghan were the last ones, who weren't on a straight course yet. He looks at this man next to the Queen or even further, where they are heading.

EDIT: They were leaving

Post edited by JoChervil on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

1:04:40 They were just leaving their seats and were not on a straight course yet. But later on you can see how grupmy he looks there...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simon Rex says he refused a $70k offer from UK tabloids to falsely say he'd slept with Meghan Markle and he has a note to prove it - EW

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I remember the photos at the time of the ceremony. Tbh, Harry looked unhappy if not indeed angry in quite a few of them. I vaguely remember something about W&K changing the time that they would walk in, or not processing in with the queen, Charles and Camilla as they usually would have done, so that the other two wouldn't feel left out. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Lord Mayor of Dublin at the time Harry was visiting Dublin (sin fein i think) was walking and talking with Harry and Harry asked him about his “gig” and he said it was 3 years or whatever it is and harry jokingly but down beat said “mines for life “

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Priorities?!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They could argue it's a working event in their industry and can't be avoided. Equally it could be that the do want to distance themselves from Royal events for whatever reason. Or both.

I've always got the feeling that Meghan felt the royal events were beyond tedious and tbh I'd probably agree with her on that one. If the Philip memorial service is a public one based on him being a a public figure then it's probably appropriate that they aren't attending as they are not working royals. If it's a more private memorial for him as a father and grandfather then you'd expect them to go.

As seen on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are these two still a “couple?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Their industry? 🤔

Her last role in a Hollywood film was a 30 second cameo as a delivery girl in Horrible Bosses in 2011. 11 YEARS AGO! She is in no way relevant as a Hollywood actress.

If they believe Hollywood is their industry it just adds to the case that they are living a delusional life.

I’ll bet they’re spitting fire at all the column inches (both good and bad) Wills and Kate are getting! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10642969/William-Kates-social-media-posts-relaxed-Caribbean-charm-offensive.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

tbh I think Kate looks disturbingly thin. She's overdoing her diet and gym training. Looks like it's bordering on a body image problem. Sorry to be blunt, but it's a pity, I think.

I agree. It’s probably a control thing. The only thing that she can control. I wouldn’t have her life for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

It’s funny, Kate is actually a better actress than Megan. You rarely see a picture of her where isn’t grinning manically, even when she isn’t talking to anyone and there’s no one around her. I’d say both William and Kate find the appearances and tours absolutely painful. William does his best to appear interested at times but as often as not, you can see from his face that he has absolutely no interest and the whole thing is an endurance test.She’s able to keep the ‘interested face’ on for longer but you can see the strain.

I had to laugh. I heard her say at some charity function a while ago that whatever the purpose of the charity was (can’t remember) but it was Kate’s ‘ passion’. The idea of her being passionate about anything outside her own life and circle is hilarious.

Why wouldn't she be passionate about something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Had M&H not gone off the rails, this is the type of tabloid journalism Meghan would have had to endure.

Instead, they have given the tabloid press much more controversial things to gossip about (and sell papers from). Eh, eotr?

exactly what I think. This life must be a nightmare, speaking the truth. That's why I have nothing but respect for her because she's doing her role so perfectly. I think she wants to do her job as good as the Queen did it and she does but how hard it is and what's going on in her head, nobody can see.

I think Kate is a beautiful woman and her slim frame suits her. I also think that she has lost quite a bit of weight in the last few years and I wonder if she's ok. Maybe she has particular dietary requirements or maybe there is a psychological component to it.

We can only speculate. I've read some commentary about her being false and how much of what we see is likely a facade. I don't think she is false. I can see genuine warmth and interest from her. We don't see her inner world or get a sense of her deeper nature because I think her role requires her to keep that boundary.

William is a different fish entirely I think. I couldn't say what or who he is. Is he open and friendly or is it all pretense. Is he uptight or easygoing. Does he love Kate. How does he feel about his role. I haven't a clue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I agree re Kate. I think she is lovely both outside and inside. She always seems genuinely interested in the people she meets and in the events she attends.

I think they seem very happy together. Obviously none of us knows if that is the case. It's just the impression I have of them.

• Advertisement

Rumour seen on Instagram.

Advertisement