Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

cnocbui wrote: »
    The only that scum bag would qualify as a breath of fresh air is if you had just spent 6 hours sucking on the exhaust pipe of an idling bus.

I am surprised that Katie Hopkins hasn’t joined in the criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BettyS wrote: »
    You sound like somebody who has known him personally for years.

Sounds more like someone who doesn't have defective moral compass and who's being keeping up with current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You sound like somebody who has known him personally for years.
    Or I am just repeating things that he has done....
    Do you not know any of his background?
    Clearly not...

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a20674064/meghan-markle-dad-staged-photos-thomas-markle-royal-wedding/

https://news.sky.com/story/meghan-markle-wins-high-court-privacy-claim-against-mail-on-sunday-over-thomas-markle-letter-12215319

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gmisk wrote: »
    Has he stopped staging photos for money and selling personal letters from his daughter?
    Classy guy.
    He would sell out anyone for a dollar.

But would he sell his own privacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Did anybody watch Thomas Markle’s interview?

A small segment. He said he was going to give interviews to the press every month until Meghan contacts him. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I wonder, what Harry is doing now, what he was not allowed to do as a member of RF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

When Piers Morgina came back after eating a snickers his eyes were all watery he must have been crying. I think there's something not quite right with him. They had a couple of drinks in a pub with group of mutual friends and he acts like a scorned lover who was jilted at the altar. He's going to have a heart attack if he doesn't calm down.

pjohnson wrote: »
    But would he sell his own privacy?
    He staged photos and sold a personal letter soooo

If that is a dig at the Meghan and Harry interview...they weren't paid for it....did you actually watch it?
    It was one of the first things in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

The hate and vitriol that she faced was shocking. I'm not surprised it resulted in mental health issues. And yes I do believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

A small segment. He said he was going to give interviews to the press every month until Meghan contacts him. :eek:

why wont she just talk to him though..... just say hey dad, i dont understand why u did it but lets be at peace,

why carry this hate around

what he did was so silly anyway doesnt seem malicious

• Advertisement

Family politics are complicated. He paid for her college. He was at her first wedding. My point is that we are condemning him without firsthand knowledge of what his motivation is. The love a father has for a daughter is strong. I would be surprised if it was money alone that drove him to destroy this love

If that is a dig at the Meghan and Harry interview...they weren't paid for it....did you actually watch it?

she stopped talking to him before he allegedly sold the personal letter though
    the staged photos though were not malicious a more mature person would have said that what are you at? you are so naive and get over it.

They may not get directly paid for it. But there will be huge indirect reward for their brand. They are now a household name in America

JoChervil wrote: »
    Who is this mysterious royal racist? :D

He's in good company then, considering Alec Guinees, Anthony Hopkins, Robert Carlyle, Bruno Ganz and Sarah Silverman, who I suspect might be Jewish, have also worn swastikas.

Family politics are complicated. He paid for her college. He was at her first wedding. My point is that we are condemning him without firsthand knowledge of what his motivation is. The love a father has for a daughter is strong. I would be surprised if it was money alone that drove him to destroy this love
    What do you think his motivation was?....come on...
    He sold a letter and staged photos..for...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    When Piers Morgina came back after eating a snickers his eyes were all watery he must have been crying. I think there's something not quite right with him. They had a couple of drinks in a pub with group of mutual friends and he acts like a scorned lover who was jilted at the altar. He's going to have a heart attack if he doesn't calm down.

Can I just say I am behind this typo.

What do you think Meghans motivation was?....come on...
    She ordered a big interview hyped up to the nines..for...?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They may not get directly paid for it. But there will be huge indirect reward for their brand. They are now a household name in America

And good on them.

JoChervil wrote: »
    I wonder, what Harry is doing now, what he was not allowed to do as a member of RF?

Rides a bike.

Faugheen wrote: »
    And good on them.

Bad for privacy.

• Advertisement

What do you think Meghans motivation was?....come on...
    She ordered a big interview hyped up to the nines..for...?
    To put across their side of the story to as big an audience as possible...it worked

cnocbui wrote: »
    He's in good company then, considering Alec Guinees, Anthony Hopkins, Robert Carlyle, Bruno Ganz and Sarah Silverman, who I suspect might be Jewish, have also worn swastikas.

What is your point?

Wearing a swastika in any context, any at all, is a truly deplorable and attention-grabbing stunt. It can not and should not ever be normalised or brushed aside as something trivial. Given Harry’s family connections, he should be aware and sensitive to all those poor souls who lost their lives to the Nazi-regimen. To wear at is to spit in the graves of all the poor souls who needlessly lost their lives to a murderous, Nazi-regimen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I just saw that Piers quit GMB. Haha

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Let's hope he doesn't calm down then. Any suggestions for keeping him agitated and upset?

To put across their side of the story to as big an audience as possible...it worked

So for public attention. The very thing they made a big fuss about when leaving the royal family.

Remember when Ulrika Johnson made the rape accusations in the media in the 90s. She refused to name the culprit. Everybody assumed that a particular individual was guilty, and he was guilty by assumption.

Racist is a really terrible and damaging label. People, even guilty people, should have their say, and be able to defend themselves. Throwing around the racist word without context or specifics means that this label will linger in the minds of the public indefinitely, and they might as well be guilty.

What is your point?

Wearing a swastika in any context, any at all, is a truly deplorable and attention-grabbing stunt. It can not and should not ever be normalised or brushed aside as something trivial. Given Harry’s family connections, he should be aware and sensitive to all those poor souls who lost their lives to the Nazi-regimen. To wear at is to spit in the graves of all the poor souls who needlessly lost their lives to a murderous, Nazi-regimen

i didnt see the interview - but heard Oprah barely asked him about it and he brushed it off,

the whole interview was a PR stunt, basically just to have a pity party - look how mean everyone was to us (and yeah they were at occasion) but come on Meghan and Harry get out of your bubble - the whole world struggling right now and you expect us to feel sorry for you while you tell us how courageous you are from the gardens of a multi-million dollar mansion. OK

So for public attention. The very thing they made a big fuss about when leaving the royal family.
    It wasn't the public attention....it was the constant bloody barrage of horrendous stories....leaks...blame being dumped on them....and the lack of any protection from the institution they were part of quite the opposite.
    Fair play to them I hope they have a lovely life with their kids away from that toxic environment.

The fact a three year old bullying story was leaked just before this interview says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    she stopped talking to him before he allegedly sold the personal letter though
    the staged photos though were not malicious a more mature person would have said that what are you at? you are so naive and get over it.

It could also be argued that Thomas himself was manipulated by the press and if Meghan was naive to the whole fanfare then her father was going to be even more so. He should have been given more guidance by them. He hadn’t even met Harry before the wedding and they had been dating for a while at that point. I find that shocking that she never introduced him. He deserved more guidance from the start

• Advertisement

It wasn't the public attention....it was the constant bloody barrage of horrendous stories....leaks...blame being dumped on them....and the lack of any protection from the institution they were part of quite the opposite.
    Fair play to them I hope they have a lovely life with their kids away from that toxic environment.

Be best off avoiding Oprah and continually kicking a hornets nest in that case.

BUT that doesn't make money so bring on Oprah/Disney/Netflix and CELEBRITY that life up.

Advertisement