Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Flicking through the channels earlier and there was an Australian reporter on the BBC. He said after the Queen dies there will be a conversation about leaving the commonwealth in Australia. He described Australians as more Elizabeathan than Royalists and hinted that would be the end of them in the commonwealth.

He said the allegation of being concerned about how dark Archie will be has gone down terribly in the non white Commonwealth nations. What's the chances there's a mass exodus over this.

Come in kill loads of people so you can rule over us ok but make a racist comment is a bridge too far. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

rom wrote: »
    Come in kill loads of people so you can rule over us ok but make a racist comment is a bridge too far. :rolleyes:

Mad isn't it. Only thing they have in "common" is they were all ra ped and pillaged by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

JeffKenna wrote: »
    So question them and it's bullying?

He called her a liar and Pinnochio.

Not his place.

Mental health is a fragile thing and only those closest to the person would know the truth. Someone elses mental health is not something that you should make a judgement on. The stakes are too high if you are wrong. So its one of those where you'd have to err on the side of caution.

Wrong call and it came back to him.

Alex called him out today on having a personal vendetta against Meghan. Piers ran and hid because he could not take the heat.

People dont like bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    A weird bunch alright. Harry's comment about them being scared of the media was interesting. That the R.F and the media have an agreement because they're scared of public opinion, the rf give them access. That honours list for knighthoods etc is another joke. Its just a ploy for all the celebrities, high fliers to suck up to the Royal family in hopes of making it further up the status food chain and thus the Royal family is respected by high society therefore cementing their future existence . Take David Beckham for example, absolute gimp for a knighthood so he sucks up relentlessly.

You know each one of those gives you a tax free allowance for life. The higher the "honour". If someone said to you that you can have a 50k tax free allowance for life you'd love it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

The Mrs got me to watch this last night and even though I had heard of the name Meghan Merkle I didn't know who she was ? Herself was salivating at the whole played out saga , me ? I was mildly entertained . Having played a lot of live poker and being in situations where I had to judge peoples character fairly quickly purely by intuition I would have to say that the Meghan wan came across as being quite devious and untrustworthy ....but I may be wrong of course ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I prefer to say 'I don't believe her', rather than, 'she's a liar'.

We all all entitled to our personal opinions.

Especially when one is economical with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    The Mrs got me to watch this last night and even though I had heard of the name Meghan Merkle I didn't know who she was ? Herself was salivating at the whole played out saga , me ? I was mildly entertained . Having played a lot of live poker and being in situations where I had to judge peoples character fairly quickly purely by intuition I would have to say that the Meghan wan came across as being quite devious and untrustworthy ....but I may be wrong of course ....

She was an actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

BettyS wrote: »
    You are making several unsubstantiated allegations in that post. (I feel the need to defend them, even as an anti-monarchist).

Specific to this forum, it has been alleged that somebody made a racist remark. We have no context. We cannot jump to the conclusion that the family is racist

Whats even more hysterical is poor auld 'arry crying racist after dressing up like a nazi for Halloween a few years back. Id suggest reading a history book if you don't think they royal family are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Whats even more hysterical is poor auld 'arry crying racist after dressing up like a nazi for Halloween a few years back. Id suggest reading a history book if you don't think they royal family are racist.

I try to draw the distinction between historical and current. If the current is racist, then that will have huge ramifications for the future of the monarchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

rom wrote: »
    You know each one of those gives you a tax free allowance for life. The higher the "honour". If someone said to you that you can have a 50k tax free allowance for life you'd love it too.
    Never knew that!
    I've even more respect for people that turn them down so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Buckingham Palace has said it is disappointed that footage from 1933 showing the Queen performing a Nazi salute has been released.

The Sun has published the film which shows the Queen aged about seven, with her mother, sister and uncle.

The palace said it was "disappointing that film, shot eight decades ago... has been obtained and exploited".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33578174

You quote me as having questioned the validity of their mental health claims. I would ask you to revert to my comments before making nasty insinuations about my posts. This is wholly untrue, and you must substantiate this claim before accusing me of this

You are making a derogatory claim about my character, in spite of the contrary evidence. Is that not a more textbook example of bullying your way to win the argument?

I'm not claiming you said anything about their mental health at all.
    "this poster here" is not you - it is the poster whose posts I was quoting - Walshb and I was referencing their views in my engagement with you.

Do you think it is ok if someone says they have mental health challenges to accuse them of lying. Piers Morgan did and it quite rightly came back on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I try to draw the distinction between historical and current. If the current is racist, then that will have huge ramifications for the future of the monarchy

Sure Philips nearly a hundred at this stage, historical is current and if you think some American harlot is gonna bring down the royals id again suggest you read a book.

anewme wrote: »
    I'm not claiming you said anything about their mental health at all.

You quoted me based on a response to a poster who called them a liar. It was that poster I was referring to as this poster here.

"this poster here" is not you - it is the poster whose posts I was quoting - Walshb.

Do you think it is ok if someone says they have mental health challenges to accuse them of lying. Piers Morgan did and it quite rightly came back on him.

Nobody knows what truly goes on inside another person’s head. I don’t think that we can say if it is true or not. Mental health is a strange one. Somebody can be smiling on the outside and deeply struggling on the inside.

Sure Philips nearly a hundred at this stage, historical is current and if you think some American harlot is gonna bring down the royals id again suggest you read a book.

If Philip said any of the stuff that he said in a bygone era today, he would be out on his ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

AllForIt wrote: »
    Well yes. And if it was then that's catastrophic for the Royal Family.

If it was Charles then he may have to give up being King and pass it onto William.

So, is that what Meghan and Harry want? They cannot not have considered the consequences of their revelations.

I don't get how they can expect to have a working relationship as a couple with the RF ever again.

I do think this now this is going to get worse before it gets better. More drama to come for sure.

Maybe she is so megalomaniac and delusional that thinks she can wipe out Charles and William from their road to the throne with these damaging accusations?

Few things really bothered me: that Harry carries the world on his shoulders, now he sees, he saved her, etc... Is she brainwashing him?

Yeah, did people actually expect them not to be racist? What odds would you get at the bookies for none of the remaining ones to marry a black person?

Does your chosen example make them racist?

JoChervil wrote: »
    Maybe she is so megalomaniac and delusional that thinks she can wipe out Charles and William from their road to the throne with these damaging accusations?

Few things really bothered me: that Harry carries the world on his shoulders, now he sees, he saved her, etc... Is she brainwashing him?

Somebody studied Macbeth for leaving cert!

(The wiping out so Harry becomes king made me make the association)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Whatever the RF are / aren't - what Migraine Markle and her little lapdog are accusing "unnamed people" of is reprehensible.

Vague slurs re racist comments about her child. Painting the whole RF as potentially racist by not naming 'the culprit'. Like accusing someone of rape and the guy loses everything before it even gets to trial. Who - in their right mind would say - "Harry, have you considered what colour your offspring might be ?"

Oprah's faux shock "What??!!" .. at mention of said slur. As if Migraine had omitted to mention to Oppy, a dear friend, over several vegan lattes pre-interview, that she was gonna play the race card on live tv. C'mon ffs - who are they trying to kid

The camera cutting to the pair of them playing with chickens .. earthy folk or what ! - best not have too much opulence on display eg the $14m mansion they inhabit while claiming to fight for the underdog

This is so much bollox .. the lass may have had a hard time of it as a member of the RF .. but she comes across as petulant, entitled, up her own asre. Not someone who will go out of her way to please others.

Why no questions asked about her estranged father .. who is practically begging for an audience with his daughter. Surely that is relevant in a no-holes barred interview .. her personality. The bodies she has left in her wake. Why not even mention these in a no-holes barred interview. The American viewing public must be very gullible if they buy this lady's veraion of events w/out question

Chump Harry has an obvious axe to grind with the family and she has taken full advantage. The pair are constantly whining about being hard done by .. and this during a pandemic .. where a lot of the "common people" are wondering if life is even worth living ..

Poor lad, he really has gotten lost in the riptide ..

Nobody knows what truly goes on inside another person’s head. I don’t think that we can say if it is true or not. Mental health is a strange one. Somebody can be smiling on the outside and deeply struggling on the inside.

Exactly.

That's why when someone comes forward and openly says they have mental health challenges, its best to err on the side of caution, as the stakes are too high. Im struggling mentally, no, you are liar? Pinnochio.

Piers Morgan did not act fairly in respect of Meghan Markle, whether you like her or not. He mounted a campaign against her in the media. Reading that amount of hatred about yourself, it is not too much a stretch to believe she could have challenges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just to play Devil’s advocate, what gives Meghan and Harry the right to tear somebody’s reputation apart in public, and not allow them to defend themselves?

With respect to the allegations against other people (I could never possibly adjudicate on somebody’s inner-world, I will take those claims at face value), several of them have been refuted. Who do we believe in this case? And why did you reach that conclusion?
    Whos reputation did they tear apart?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Whos reputation did they tear apart?

They essentially called somebody in the direct family (seems binary to me) a racist and they said Charles cut them off. Pretty serious allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Meghan would need to accuse George/Charlotte/Louis of racism aswell to try and get her mitts on the crown.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Maybe on the night it was broadcast itself, but these days of course it can be watched any time.

I remember the Diana interview as a teen, this was bigger than. The Diana thing was trivial in comparison.

I remember the hoo haa around Diana and that interview but I didn't see it at the time. I was 11 or 12 I think. Do you really think this is a bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I remember the hoo haa around Diana and that interview but I didn't see it at the time. I was 11 or 12 I think. Do you really think this is a bigger?

No, because most people actually don't give a fluck now about the royal family.

To thine own self be true

No, because most people actually don't give a fluck now about the royal family.

But a bigger sensation. Like how the media is enthralled by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The Diana one was the first time one of them broke rank and gave such an interview.

This one was very similar - mental health, not protected, "The Firm", the poor me vibe etc.

The racist angle was new, but it's strange that the Andrew interview didn't cause more of a backlash so I'd say this was all die down soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Imagine Archie turned out to be a quare

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

The Diana one was the first time one of them broke rank and gave such an interview.

This one was very similar - mental health, not protected, "The Firm", the poor me vibe etc.

The racist angle was new, but it's strange that the Andrew interview didn't cause more of a backlash so I'd say this was all die down soon enough.

This is what happens when you marry someone who’s not a relative

• Advertisement

Imagine Archie turned out to be a quare

So what.

Once he is happy, who gives a crap?

Advertisement