Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

interesting to watch, especially at the beginning when the four get out of the car and greeting that guy. Williams turning kind of his back at Meghan leaving her standing alone and Harry recognises it immediately and rushes to her side...think he would have given a very bad time would he have left her a second longer on her own..he knows what to do..😁 and when they go on walking kate is widening the distance a lot probably automatically so there's not the slightest chance she can get drawn into a conversation with Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Fascinating body language from two couples, one professional rigid the other tactile and supportive. Plus did any one else pick up the voice of the little girls voice 37 mins in ? "I'm glad it was Harry and Megan, and not the other two !", She said. Plus the way the courtier swooped in to grab the flowers of her and she wouldn't let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Prince William & Kate are a class act, the other two less so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Did he try take the flowers so she would have room to take other bouquets? Just before she leaves, she gives a bouquet to another aide.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The aides were taking the flowers from all four of them, throughout.

Otherwise they would have been totally swamped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

He was trying to take them to place with the other condolence flowers but she snaps at him that she told them she would do it

Yes difference been she gives at the end, first aide interrupted , he should have waited for a signal or cue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It's the gig. Imagine how many balmpots, narcissists, psychos, arseholes etc. that the Queen had to meet and greet as part of the serving and representing gig. The kind of people who one would prefer to deal with in small doses. You just have to be civil and unflailingly polite. There is the private woman and then there was the Monarch who rises above personal feelings and acts symbolically. I think that's what the P & POW did today. They endured a small dose of having to interact with an odious couple of self serving people for the sake of their duty. They rose above it and, although it is obviously hard, the silver lining is that having to show face for such people is thankfully brief and you never deal with them thereafter. Given the choice then I'd say neither couple would want to be near each other. Judging by the body language it's not as if they'll be cosying up behind closed doors as close chums. It was a case of W & K holding their noses proverbially, doing their stint and then feeling relieved that it's been done and the sooner the spoofers are "overseas" the better for everyone.

Act been the operative word.Harry has made a lot of mistakes marrying her the biggest but he was right, William is now a prisoner of a very gilded cage and the wardens will do anything to keep him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 8 ball pool

Who's this Kate person ya'll keep talking about?

• Advertisement

Kate was mostly at least two people and often 3, away from Megan for most of the time they were pictured as two couples. The two boys in the middle and their spouses either side mostly.

And Jayzuz- the handholding - sorry but I'm just reading that as major focus on Megan and so needy- call me out if you feel different/

That's the way I looked at it until all 4 loaded up into the same car- that was the most significant part of the whole thing for me. I'm sure there's animosity between the couples but hopefully it can be re-set - maybe that's too much to ask. And also, hopefully this spurs megan to reconcile with her dad- the guy she originally chose to walk her down the isle- life's too short.

I'd actually like the Sussex's to turn around and say, "we were wrong" - "we'd like to come back and serve"- I think after about 1 year, all would be forgiven if not forgotten- but there's a time limit on that and they'd need to act soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

And right in front of the camera too!🤦‍♀️

just some former graduate of a Scottish university

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah I think she realized the camera was on her after a second, hence the passive aggressive, "thank you, I appreciate it" at the end

What's so terrible about Meghan? Facts I mean, not what the Daily Mail's department of mind-reading says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I find the vitriol towards Meghan frightening. I'm no fan of hers, nor any of them but what has she actually done to warrant this level of hatred and frothing at the keyboard. She's admonished when it's announced she's going to Balmoral, admonished when she doesn't, admonished for heading out with the others today, admonished for holding Harry's hand, admonished for not walking as confidentially as Kate (saw several Twitter tweets about that!), the woman can't do anything right. Every single (in)action is scrutinised and seen in a negative light.

Meanwhile Prince Andrew has sleeps with sex trafficked teenagers and hangs out with a JE after he's convicted sex offender and trafficker and it's all, PA comforts his daughter.

I feel like I'm living in the Upside Down sometimes.

Yep, it is utterly unhinged. Some maniac on Twitter was "shocked" by how similar her dress is to one that was worn by Wallis Simpson. Another said they find her jealousy towards Diana frightening - imagine finding something that you've made up in your head "frightening".

It's a psychosis.

People say it's racism and misogyny - I don't agree with that (Meghan is an olive-skinned white woman, she is just a quarter African-American), I think it's because she isn't British, isn't blue-blooded, is a "vulgar" American, who was a TV actress rather than something less showy, and was married before.

Still though, it's particularly dismaying to see women attack her. And so many old people with daughters her age too, acting like teenage bullying little sh1ts. They are vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

It’s none of those things. It’s because she’s a proven and repeated liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

So are Charles and Camilla. What about Sophie and the fake Sheikh? None of them are innocent, except probably Anne.

• Advertisement

"Proven" I assume eliminates stuff said by Piers Morgan and "an insider" according to the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s not that they decided to leave the British royal family because I think here there was big majority of posters who agreed with. My personal issues is the lies. And I’m not talking about things that are obscure things where it’s hard to be sure what is true or not, it’s stiff that a simple Google could disprove. That Oprah interview was a disaster.

• there’s her claim that her then only child was denied a title because of his race, when a quick google will show the letters patent in 1917 that regulate which children of a monarch can get a title at birth, or which Archie was just like his cousins who weren’t Williams kids who don’t have a title either
    • there was the claim they got married before they actually did which they tried to rope the Archbishop of Canterbury into their fangs and he called them out on that stuff.
    • There was the claim of racism in the Royal family(which I’m sure they’ve said some un PC things) in which between the two of them they couldn’t get when the remarks were made and also how many times they were said lined up. IMO for a claim as serious as that is, I expect a higher level of facts and that includes naming and shaming the person who you allege to have made those comments. They didn’t.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I've no idea who this Harry guy is either... :/

It's weird how enraged the above stuff makes people though. Fine, disapprove, but there is masses more hostility towards her than to her husband's uncle Andy, which is... just messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

I do agree to an extent, and still don’t see why people are borderline obsessed with her. But I think one of the differences between Prince Andrew- who is disgusting- and Meghan, is that Meghan shoves herself in our faces all the time by constantly promoting herself. It’s actually kind of hard to avoid completely.

See, to me, she's no more in the public eye than any member of the royal family - and it's the tabloids who shove her in the public's faces... and I think people just look for things she has said and done. Just my opinion - I'm not having a go. I appreciate that people are disagreeing with me here in a civil manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hating someone more then a suspected pedophile (I say that as he has not been convicted yet) just because WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Has anyone not realised the age of consent in the UK is 16. Billy piper and whats his face got together when she was that age. Are they still married ? Think he was 30 at the time. Can't remember.

• Advertisement

Advertisement