Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is what happens when you marry someone who’s not a relative

Who knew? :eek:

Something else I noticed was hinting at jealousy from some quarters. When Harry spoke about what a natural Meghan was on the Australian tour I was waiting for another dig at Kate.

Imagine Archie turned out to be a quare

Bejaysus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Something else I noticed was hinting at jealousy from some quarters. When Harry spoke about what a natural Meghan was on the Australian tour I was waiting for another dig at Kate.

I think that was definitely a dig at Will and Kate.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

push their Archewell foundation and its leftish woke agenda.

woke agenda

A few examples of the work supported by the
    foundation:

-building community relief centres in poor regions disproportionately affected by hunger

-providing affordable mental health resources to underprivileged black women

-donating to women's shelter in Dallas to repair damage following the winter storm

When I see the likes of you use the word "woke" as an attempt to denigrate someone, I know straight away that they must be doing something good. The only people with an agenda here are you and your like-minded buddies. It must be nearly time for you to head back to the Biden thread to have another go at questioning his mental faculties and ridiculing his disability.

• Advertisement

And pointing out how like Diana she is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

When I see the likes of you use the word "woke" as an attempt to denigrate someone.

Buzzword Culture

Woke
    Woke Clergy
    Woke-ism
    Karen
    Boomer

All say more about those who use them. Alert that you are dealing with the unfortunate - Not the sharpest tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

I'm intrigued at how appalled I actually am. A pair of monumental whingers parading the family's dirty linen in public. Utterly pathetic. You'd be mortified to be related to them!

If I disliked her before I dislike her even more now. I think the woman trivialises being suicidal. Telling Harry she didn't want to be alive anymore and now broadcasting it to the world. She had so much to be grateful for, loving husband, healthy child, comfort and privilege. If she really was suicidal it's a problem of her own psychological make up and lack of fortitude and that's no body else's fault. Shyt happens in everyone's life, you deal with it, you don't go off whingeing to the world. And I just can't believe that anyone would have stopped doctors/therapists to come treat her discreetly at her "cottage" if she really was that depressed.

They're a pair of drama junkies! But I guess they've given us all a bit of much needed escapism. :pac:

I think that was definitely a dig at Will and Kate.

My was first thought about the skin colour comment was that it was William who said it. I also think much of the problems stem from the relationship between the four of them. Stuff happened there, things were said.

Wouldn't it be great of Kate dropped the perfect wife act in a fit of rage and gave us more gossip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

acequion wrote: »
    I'm intrigued at how appalled I actually am. A pair of monumental whingers parading the family's dirty linen in public. Utterly pathetic. You'd be mortified to be related to them!

If I disliked her before I dislike her even more now. I think the woman trivialises being suicidal. Telling Harry she didn't want to be alive anymore and now broadcasting it to the world. She had so much to be grateful for, loving husband, healthy child, comfort and privilege. If she really was suicidal it's a problem of her own psychological make up and lack of fortitude and that's no body else's fault. Shyt happens in everyone's life, you deal with it, you don't go off whingeing to the world. And I just can't believe that anyone would have stopped doctors/therapists to come treat her discreetly at her "cottage" if she really was that depressed.

They're a pair of drama junkies! But I guess they've given us all a bit of much needed escapism. :pac:
    All this in the time of a global pandemic when so many have died many more grieving. Businesses gone bust and livelihoods destroyed.
    They think this is a good time to complain about their lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When I see the likes of you use the word "woke" as an attempt to denigrate someone, I know straight away that they must be doing something good. The only people with an agenda here are you and your like-minded buddies. It must be nearly time for you to head back to the Biden thread to have another go at questioning his mental faculties and ridiculing his disability.

I see you managed to venture out of your echo chamber to throw a few more slurs.

The Biden thread or should I call it the Biden cult, populated with you and your buddies with TDS.

Wouldn't it be great of Kate dropped the perfect wife act in a fit of rage and gave us more gossip?

lol :pac::pac::pac::pac: Completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BettyS wrote: »
    If Philip said any of the stuff that he said in a bygone era today, he would be out on his ear.

No he wouldn't.

lol :pac::pac::pac::pac: Completely agree.

Snarling, kicking, screaming and foaming at the mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

anewme wrote: »

Piers Morgan did not act fairly in respect of Meghan Markle, whether you like her or not. He mounted a campaign against her in the media. Reading that amount of hatred about yourself, it is not too much a stretch to believe she could have challenges.

Unexpected silver lining of this. Piers Morgan gets his comeuppance. I'd say H and M are cracking open the champagne at that

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

walshb wrote: »
    And for the record, if anyone close to me told me that they were suicidal, snap out of it would be the last thing I’d say!

Ah ok it’s just fine for people you don’t know then. We’re allowed to speculate on how they feel.

That’s a bloody dangerous narrative and if I was one of your close friends you’re the last person I would go to if I was suicidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I remember the hoo haa around Diana and that interview but I didn't see it at the time. I was 11 or 12 I think. Do you really think this is a bigger?

Absolutely. Way bigger.

That was largely about an affair, dramatic as it was at the time. Turned out it was all true and Charles subsequently married Camilla, who incidentally comes across to me as a genuinely nice person. And I feel sorry for her in all this.

The fact is the Royal Family function as diplomats for the State of the UK. If a diplomat in a Republic was brought into disrepute they would be simply fired. But you can't fire a member of the Royal Family. That's the problem, and why some are calling to get rid of the monarchy altogether.

Maghan has brought the 'fitness' of Charles to be King into question. That is huge, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I see you managed to venture out of your echo chamber to throw a few more slurs.

The Biden thread or should I call it the Biden cult, populated with you and your buddies with TDS.

Can I offfer you some salt for those wounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She was suicidal because she was getting torn to absolute shreds with complete lies being told about her in the media, thus turning the public against her.
    And not only did no other member of the family set the record straight to help alleviate some of the negative scrutiny she was receiving, she wasn’t allowed to defend herself either.

I genuinely struggle to imagine how even the most mentally strong of people wouldn’t be rattled and distraught at the torrent of negative press that she received at that time. It would make even the most the mentally stable of adults crack.

And when you get to that point, it doesn’t matter that you have a lovely husband and child and no money worries, you don’t see life as worth living and that’s why we are often shocked when we hear of suicides, both locally and of celebrities.

She isn’t the first famous person to feel suicidal despite all her wealth & privilege, and she won’t be the last either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

cnocbui wrote: »
    No he wouldn't.

Saw a list of his "remarks" ages ago and the British media call it his gaffes.

Told British students in China not to stay too long or they'll get slit eyes

Told a 13 year old he was too fat to be an astronaut.

There was a load of them that's all I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

The Times is saying that Markle slammed the door on Kate when she brought around the flowers.
    What I wouldn’t give to hear what really went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Snarling, kicking, screaming and foaming at the mouth!

I'd say her sister might be a feisty one too, she looks fit enough.
    The two of them taking on Meghan with hair and nails flying.

To thine own self be true

This is the scandal of the millennium, if not the entire week. Literally, figuratively and really. That national enquirer was getting dog eared, thank jehovah Meghan and Haz the naz threw me a bone. Instead of holding court about the weather and stretch in evenings, now I'm cultured to boot. Arra would you look at them, pair of lovelies they are. That other crowd are nasty, lucifer has plans in store for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

As usual you ignore the substance of a post and start whinging about slurs etc.

Do you disagree that Harry and Meghan's foundation are doing good work?

Do you disagree that you ridicule an old man's disablilty and baselessly question his mental faculties?

We can all see who you are, at least be man enough to own what you say.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    She was suicidal because she was getting torn to absolute shreds with complete lies being told about her in the media, thus turning the public against her.
    And not only did no other member of the family set the record straight to help alleviate some of the negative scrutiny she was receiving, she wasn’t allowed to defend herself either.

I genuinely struggle to imagine how even the most mentally strong of people wouldn’t be rattled and distraught at the torrent of negative press that she received at that time. It would make even the most the mentally stable of adults crack.

And when you get to that point, it doesn’t matter that you have a lovely husband and child and no money worries, you don’t see life as worth living and that’s why we are often shocked when we hear of suicides, both locally and of celebrities.

She isn’t the first famous person to feel suicidal despite all her wealth & privilege, and she won’t be the last either.

You do hear of many celebrity suicides but how many plaster their angst on a huge media platform?? And she's grand out now she says, didn't she tell us at the end that it's even better than the happy ever after. She wasn't long getting better :rolleyes:

And was she really that badly villified by the press? Is that not just more wild exaggeration? I really can't recall anything that bad being said about her and before the wedding and when they were new weds was it not all candy floss?

I'm not saying there isn't truth in that because I genuinely don't know. Wouldn't be bothered reading about her tbh but I think I'd have spotted hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

SusieBlue wrote: »

Indeed. I did think we as a society had moved past the “Sure what have YOU got to be depressed about?” attitude. Guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You do hear of many celebrity suicides but how many plaster their angst on a huge media platform?? And she's grand out now she says, didn't she tell us at the end that it's even better than the happy ever after. She wasn't long getting better :rolleyes:

And was she really that badly villified by the press? Is that not just more wild exaggeration? I really can't recall anything that bad being said about her and before the wedding and when they were new weds was it not all candy floss?

I'm not saying there isn't truth in that because I genuinely don't know. Wouldn't be bothered reading about her tbh but I think I'd have spotted hate.

The press were gushing at the time but within a year or so were starting to turn on her. She was 'getting too big for her boots', 'developing an attitude' etc. The honeymoon period hardly lasted long at all. By late 2019, she was getting a lot of negative headlines in the English tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There was an interesting comparison, not sure if I can find it now about a series of photos of Meghan and Kate in similar poses, random stuff, picking flowers, etc. There was a marked difference in headlines between the two. It was very obvious.

Will have a look and see can I find it - it was very telling.

This is not the exact one I came across before....but its near enough

https://www.boredpanda.com/uk-media-double-standarts-royal-meghan-markle-kate-middleton/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Advertisement

Indeed. I did think we as a society had moved past the “Sure what have YOU got to be depressed about?” attitude. Guess not.

Ah come on!! That she had it tough, that she was depressed, I get that but announcing to the world that she didn't want to be alive anymore smacks of melodrama and attention seeking and let's face it to do an hour long whinge about how you were hard done by on Oprah, you'd want to be a bit of an attention seeker.

Also, as I said earlier and others have also said, it really is impossible to believe that they couldn't have had the best doctors /therapists treat her privately and discreetly.

It really is hard to have sympathy for such a public whinger, especially at a time when so much many people the world over are quietly going through a lot worse.

Advertisement