Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I'll get my employer to give me a free and fully furnished house. It isn't exactly what I want but if I stick around for a decade or two we'll land ourselves the most expensive gaff in one of the worlds most expensive cities. (Clarence House). They will pay all my utility bills. They will pay for my wardrobe at eye watering sums of money. I need not worry from month to month about any unexpected expenses as it will all be paid for and taken care of. They will cook and serve me the food that I specifically want. I don't even have to shop. They will personally drive me around and take care of overseas travel and accomodation arrangements. They will do all the admin and paperwork needed for me to do my job as their rep and when I want to take a break all my vacation planning stress is simply handled for me. I get to go to five star plus destinations. For all of the above I will never be one red cent out of pocket. They don't do all of this because I am special, they do this because they want me focused soley on excelling at my job as their public rep. All of that but yet I will still want half a million dollars a year deposited into my account to do my job and also have the freedom to treat those assisting me like absolute crap just because and with no repercussions. Even if I don't want them to be my employer then I'll still get all the above benefits because my husband was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. If I don't get that money or if I get called on being a toxic bully and scuttle away like the coward all bullies are then I'll throw them under the bus as unsupportive racists to dupe people with my victim narrative.

From the article.

“Everyone knew that the institution would be judged by her happiness,” they say. “The mistake they made was thinking that she wanted to be happy. She wanted to be rejected, because she was obsessed with that narrative from day one.”

This is the absolute core of it. She didn’t want to be happy because she never wanted to be there so she had to create all of this chaos to justify them leaving. She needed to be rejected.

Just imagine being that much of an arsehole that you would abuse and manipulate your new families desire for you to be happy and included in order to get what you want, to fuel your new husbands clear discomfort and unhappiness to get what you want. I don’t believe they ever did anything other than welcome her and kowtow to her. It bears repeating but it seems to me like she just wanted loads of money, all the perks and none of the responsibility or accountability. Living in luxury deludedly convincing herself of her own brilliance. Good luck with that. No such thing as a free lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

HAH! I recognised the candle before you wrote it😂 well done!😁

• Registered Users Posts: 40,147 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

none of the responsibility or accountability.

In the Royal Family? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

want a racist agenda, no of course not, why would i?

know for a fact that there is a huge problem with racism among elements of the british tabloids? absolutely, and meghan will no doubt be a victim of that.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

If this woman is indeed such a wonderfully wicked mastermind that had meticulously planned each step just to screw over the whole rf then she should be owed some recognition, not condemnation.

I kind of like her

• Advertisement

i don't know, that will be up to meghan i should think, i certainly won't take not sueing as those claims being true however.

ultimately yes, the bullying claims are very suspicious and i would not be quick to believe them given the institution we are dealing with.

it won't be about being mixed race for you, but in the case of certain elements of the british tabloids it definitely will be.

if H&M are toxic and all else, they definitely are no more toxic then any of the rest of that particular blood line of the RF in all honesty and are realistically more likely to be way less in reality.

again this is just you creating a narrative that you want to be reality, and are using an article which is doing the same to try and back it up.

Me? There was the Bower book now there is the Low book and there is also the Nicholl book where the narratives are similar and which cement the narrative of the Sussexes as bullies. Books not articles. One book and you might be able to write it off as a hatchet job but three?… not so much.

Exactly. They clearly had no idea what to do about family engaging in the serial bullying of the staff. The buck ultimately stops with the family and staff were seemingly routinely abused and bullied with no repercussions. Even the investigation was kept private but it is inevitably leaking out as it tends to.do. They deserve criticism for failing to protect staff. Like many employers may do, they bury their heads in the sand, drum it up as personality clashes, avoid it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Aren't there quite a few rumours of King Charles himself being very rude to staff in private? This is where the Daily Mail stuff falls down....focussing all their energies onto a minor royal who married into the family and yet seemingly disinterested in what the actual new monarch is up to.

Charles has serially bullied staff since he was shot out. Apparently he just fired a load of ones he hated.

There is no accountable, too funny. 😂

Any cliff notes on this bullying? This is the Harry and Meghan thread so if you want to get into specifics then by all means start a thread about the Kings serial bullying and how he has been getting away with it for decades. I'll be happy to follow it and learn the details.

True but I guess for anti-monarchists it is wise to go with the plan of aiming at the King and making sure not to miss. Rumors just won't do any damage, something concrete would be more preferable.

The Rags have reported on it for decades.

You know the likes of the Daily Mail, the go to publication on here.

There is a culture of abusing staff in the royal family, they are sub servants after all and it's completely pertinent to bring up that culture when talking about former members who are being accused of the same practices. So if they did engage in it, it was the norm.

But good for you trying to get debate shut down. 👍️

We've seen a fair few instances of the new King being angry or very cranky in public (and not just recently) compared to virtually nothing with Meghan. The coverage is rather lopsided.

I don't use the Daily Mail so why is there this exclusive focus on that one rag? So I take it you've got no details? I did a google and can't find anything concrete. If someone is a grumpy arsehole, a narcissistic numpty and a pompous git does that automatically mean they are also a bully? You do know what bullying is yes?

3 can very much be a hatchet job, yes, of course it can.

remember, the hangers on and the fans that surround the rf are very protective of it and anyone or anything that threatens it will and will have to be destroyed.

we are not dealing with a normal country or a normal situation here.

He got pissy about the placement of an inkwell and then got angry about a leaking pen. Some tried to explain it away as him being stressed, grieving, under pressure etc. It just confirms that he is indeed a cranky old fucker and his PR must be solid in containing his pissy behaviour. It was widely covered given the circumstances. Meanwhile Meghan handing off flowers "rudely" and people seeing rumples of clothes and convincing themselves they contain wires all fills up segments of social and press media creating nonsense content from absolutely nothing. I guess the lesson is that anything stupid can become a "story" these days. If Charles was bullying staff then if someone was keen on a gripping book or article then I am sure there would have been some outing it. Bower wrote a book on him which was reportedly unflattering. I'll have to find the time to read it to get a better view on Charles, someone I have no real interest in to be fair but I'm sensing whataboutery here with Meghans bullying getting outed in a "what about Charles" manner.

there is a specific focus on the daily mail because of it's high reader ship and it's high levels of general racist dog whistling, and in relation to this thread, it is the worst one and the most prolific one to attack meghan.

• Advertisement

From what I've read, his public displays of crankiness are mirrored all the time in private - complaining, giving out, telling people off etc.

The late Queen seems to have been a real lady in comparison. Very polite and courteous to everyone by all accounts, that was genuinely her, not just an act for the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What is with the British tabloid press obsession with generating Meghan hate?! Where are all the new articles re the new King and royal families in their new positions? Yes Meghan’s a narcissist - they all are. Yes she’s been rude to staff, they all have. It’s beginning to stink of a hatchet job to discredit anything she or Harry may or may not say re the Royal family. This idea that the Royal family are holier than thou is just pure nonsense, Andrew? William and Kate press protected despite some extremely scandalous ‘rumours’ regarding affairs & pegs :-) Charles? They should have tried to get a truce with H&M and not continue the war.

The pegging thing was an anonymous Tumblr comment from 2005 that went hashtag viral on Twitter for a couple of days. The affair rumour was confirmed as made up by a journo who said he made it up. Nothing verifiable or concrete and so no traction to be gained from repeating baseless claims. In addition William wouldn't respond which doesn't fuel such speculative soap story plot lines and thus it fizzles out since there is no return so to speak. With Harry and Meghan they've attacked the institution, the press, the racist UK public. They offer up themselves because they are fostering their brand and profiles and can be exploited in doing this to frame them as the heels in the soap lines the likes of the Daily Mail conjure up. Harry has a memoir coming out. Expectations are that it will be critical whereas William does Earthshot type events and says his piece. Which one will the press deem click worthy, comment worthy?

Like the hot dog salesman following Homer around Springfield, the Sussexes make them money whereas William, Kate et al are deliberately about as interesting as grey rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I think it's obvious, there's an undercurrent of PR going on to build up the Royal Family image, especially as they prepare for the upcoming coronation next year. Build up Charles, William, Kate and to a lesser extent Sophie while simultaneously putting down Harry and Meghan. It's damage control for when people start questioning is Charles fit for the throne and having his mistress as Queen Consort. The RF has gone on the offensive. I think this has been in place for many months / year especially considering how the new series of The Crown which tackles Diana and "There were three of us in this marriage".

As Valorean mention earlier there's the Bower, Low, Nicholl and Levine books all coming out. No doubt will be in contrast to Harry's. Those palace sources must be getting nothing done for all the chatting they're doing with the authors 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

There were more than three in that marriage and Diana had affairs, plural, not one longterm lover dating back from before the marriage. The victim Diana narrative is really tired now.

That's what makes it so much worse. He should never have married her. Ever. The ripples of that still echoes out to today. I suppose it worked out well for him - he got the heir, lost the ex, got the job, married his mistress and she got to the top of the pecking order where they all have to bow to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So it was worse for Charles to cheat than it was Diana? There were 2 of them at it. She was not a victim, but played the part well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She married him, too you know. And knowing his heart was elsewhere. Diana was no shrinking violet.

You are obsessed with Diana. She wasn't a saint, absolutely not. She had a **** life to be honest. He mother abandoned her, didn't even say goodbye, her future husband used to "date" her sister until it was decided by others that she should be the bride, she suffered from PPD, eating disorder, was used as a pawn by the RF & tv people, had camilla taunt their relationship and knowledge of him to her, post divorce her brother the Earl wouldn't let her live in one of the family homes. She reminds me of Britney in some ways. She was used and then just acted out.

Charles did everything in his best interest. He was the one to be the monarach. He should never married her.

• Advertisement

She was 20! A naive 20 year old marrying a 32 year old who grew up in the institution. Unfortunately she had her demons and wasn't encouraged to look after her mental health.

Advertisement