Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Harry has, at best 2-3 years before Markle dumps him. Bizzare that he's involved in this very intense attack on his own family.

I think the vast majority people see it as weird and pointless behavior. What exactly are their goals? To expose something? Nobody gives a fcuk....and they just come across as media whores who will sink to any levels to get exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jaysus the Royalists on here are getting fierce tetchy.

The King getting egged (again), William getting booed, Williams Godmother getting fired for being a racist shíthead.

Now these 2 colouring in the families absolute dysfunction.

Not a great week Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I think pretty much every single person in the world has some level of racism within them- I’ve no problem in stating I do struggle sometimes in maintaining positive attitudes to certain groups, religious leanings and ethnicities- I think people would be lying if they said they had no racism within them.

Harry dressed up as a nazi in 2005 for a party- yes he admits this was wrong- but he didn’t get cancelled for it; the Queen didn’t strip him of shiny badges from his dress up uniform; and the British public were willing to forgive and forget.

Roll on 17 years and we have a dotty olde dame who maybe deaf, senile, innocently mistaken due to a communication misunderstanding, unconsciously biased or a racist depending on your take on the situation, cancelled within 24 hours for asking repeatedly where someone of African origin was from- no chance of forgiveness or learning here.

Yes the royal family likely have many prejudices - but what family or indeed individuals, don’t? We’d all like to think we’re becoming more tolerant and with greater understanding- but the fact of the matter is, most people on this planet will always have prejudiced attitudes towards certain sections of society. It’s not a big secret.

And also, within families, some people just can’t stand their in-laws- nothing to do with race or ethnicity/ they’re just not nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I don’t think it’s bizarre. The story started off with her as the victim, but at this stage the victim role has been extended to himself and their children as well. He doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the box so he probably has himself convinced of his story.

It will probably be a rough awakening for him one day, and he’ll likely change into a new victim role and present her as abusive. Some people want to be deceived, and he seems like a willing and stupid participant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

This is the first time they've been able to tell their story? So having had a deal for podcasts to simply talk about literally anything they want to for a few years, having an interview with a high profile broadcaster who allowed them to tell their "truth" without any challenging questions, Apple TV’s "The Me you Can't See" and the genetic pain, a multi book deal to write anything they wanted to get off their chests, magazine articles (e.g. The Cut, Variety) about their lives, thoughts and feelings, incessant and banal PR via Sunshine Sachs but...but...this is the first time they've been able to tell their story. FFS even for the most committed anti-monarchists they must readily admit that these two are a pair of complete and utter spoofers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

I’m 10 minutes in. The two of them are just absolutely insufferable. This is going to be a textbook hate watch 😆

Also the way she calls him ‘H’ makes me want to rip my ears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Everything has been said there is nothing new they are just repeating the same information on Different platforms. By the book no need to use the other services. It's clown world. It's like when you hear a 21 year-old actor/musician writing their autobiography.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

If she is deaf or senile she certainly shouldn't be doing the job she is doing.

• Advertisement

20 mins in and nothing 😂😂

He's clearly damaged goods.

As for her, why does such a proud African American woman insist on straightening her hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

From what I gather from the newspaper summaries, the first 3 episodes are going over old ground that’s been covered adnausium for the past 2 years- their “own words” are the exact same words that were used in newspaper stories by royal corespondents and the like- the “palace” is full of moles and people willing to speak off record

Its like buying a cassette cd and record of the same album

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the in x whatever she will dump him has been around since day 1, it hasn't happened yet and they seem to be very very happy.

oh but people do care about harry exposing the RF, rabbitly so in fact.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The thing is, lots of people dislike the monarchy and also find Harry and Meghan absolutely insufferable, myself included. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Hollywood marriages never last. Remember she's a film star first.

H’s (😂) input is fine so far because it’s his life. MM is just there by proxy teetering in the background

• Advertisement

There are couple posters here who are far too black and white. It’s anything that harms RF and they jump on it.

As mentioned, RF and these two don’t have to be mutually exclusive. You can not be a fan of RF/institution and still think that the behaviour of these two is shameless.

Seems clear to me that anyone defending these two is nothing but being anti RF/Britain. An enemy of my enemy n all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm quite the opposite, I loathe the idea and implementation of a monarchy. I dislike H&M but I do think the made seriously wrong moves. But there is definitely a vendetta from the British tabloid press against them which has been exclusively served from "palace sources". Imagine having such an institution with all these leaks for years and nothing done about it. I think the level of hate against the pair of them is frightening. You see it in this thread, people absolutely salivating in what they think are gotcha journalism over the Netflix using stock images, when it should be directed towards the producers / Netflix rather than the couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Every bit negative press they get is them courting it. If they just stfu and got on with their lives instead of constantly badgering there would be no negative press. They are the ones driving it…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Honestly though, how are they supposed to get on with their lives. How is Harry supposed to earn a living, enough for protection? I don't think they should have done those interviews or Netflix but I can understand why.

Also if their allegations are true, why should they shut up? Why should anyone? There's a reason why the press prints and talks about them - it makes them money. If the press was really fed up with them, they wouldn't give them the time of day.

Finally, why aren't the press going this rabid after Andrew? Perhaps Camilla should slip a few things about him to Angela Levin and co.

My favourite bit so far is when they are sitting in a car asking about ONE pap on a scooter and Harry looking in all the mirrors and windows and mm doing the same like special forces on a rescue 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Totally agree with this. Its quite frustrating reading their replies to the point I think there must some element of trolling in there. Personally, I couldn't give 2 sh!ts about the RF. They mean nothing to me. I don't care enough about them to hate them. But some of the posters here seem to think they have to defend H&M simply because they are viewed as an enemy to the RF. Logic or reason doesn't come into the equation. By ignoring so much information that doesn't suit their argument (that H&M are godly, misunderstood creatures, to be pitied) they dont come across as the sharpest posters. I just tend to ignore the posts for the most part. No one here to the best of my knowledge is pro RF so why not go open a new thread to bash the RF?

My interest and hatred for Megain stems from me having had two people like her in my life. Callous, manipulative narcissists. Always the victims, always lying, always twisting the truth 180 to suit their narrative. Horrible, poisonous, destructive people. And that is exactly what Markle comes across as. Harry I think was initially a love sick puppy, caught up in her spell and now is marooned with her. The fact they are/were part of the RF is utterly meaningless to me.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if the British media and RF have a vendetta against her. If some of the rumours about her behavior are true then why wouldnt there be ill feeling against her? The colour of her skin has nothing to do with it (except for her, she uses it as a weapon). Its all about her behavior and how she treats others.

Sorry, what exactly are these two supposed to be doing/achieving with their constant poor me rants about the RF?

They're not ending world hunger, curing cancer, are they?

What exactly are the RF meant to be doing to them, or anybody for that matter? Everyone else seems to be just getting on with lives, yet these two, for whatever bizarre reasons, are continuing on this two 'man' crusade against the RF...two fooking weirdos

• Advertisement

I would say that she was a "TV Star" and that was one series really.

She never had a film career.

Grace Kelly she certainly is not - in more ways than one.

Advertisement