Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

At home cooking a chicken was the Oprah version.

Her agent set up the meeting with Harry, but now they've rewrote history and met on Instagram. Also, she did look at his social media despite her previous claim of knowing nothing about him.

They're both too dumb to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Or keep track of what lies they have already told!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

If they were three days apart, so everything is correct then...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Doria comes across really well. A real quality about her. Cool, assured, gentle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

With her apparently on a recorded video call to her friend. (which they show in the clip) and taking photos of the whole thing. Totally normal and romantic! He does mention she was in the kitchen roasting a chicken though at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

The media have absolutely hounded her. This thread is proof of the level of extreme hate they've gotten as another poster said, this hate was driven by the media. Harry is thick as a plank and she is boring AF. Leave them to it. They are allowed say what they want about the RF the RF should be in no way protected after how they've recently protected their own. The man who can't sweat.

Post edited by 4shameee on

its all very one sided and has no structure , just quick pot shots

• Advertisement

Probably too stereotypically black to continue with the chicken story

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Finished the 3 episodes. So, wtf is their actual point? It was so repetitively boring.

Meghan actually comes across a very caring and good person through her life.

I’m lost on the whole point of it. Is it just two people who crave attention and the spotlight?

Issues with photographers and that's about it, really......very odd the two a them

Oh, and someone passed comment on skin tone of a baby......fook me, this is huge!!!!

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

This bodes well ahead of watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

No interest in watching first 3 episodes- if this thing is ever going to take off and go somewhere I’m assuming that it will be in the content of episodes 4-6. But like, what the fook can they possibly talk about that couldn’t have been said in the first 3 hours?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I won't be watching but I saw the clip of her making a jeer of how she behaved when she met the queen for the first time.

That will have upset a lot of people, I imagine.

It was said that after the queen's death, they wanted to edit stuff out. I imagine that was something they wanted to take out, but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Harry has a fair amount of unresolved childhood trauma that leaves him to be quite a vulnerable character. Add on the tours in Afghanistan on top of that where he probably seen some stuff.

I buy into the fact that he's bitter over what happened his mother and doesn't want the same to happen to his own family.

Certainly, I seen Meghan as putting on her actress face at times and a lack of sincerity. There's something disingenuous about her, I can't put the finger on it.

Yeah there’s a few Brits including some MPs not happy with that this morning as reported in some UK newspapers- they certainly don’t like outsiders mocking their former Queen-

I think you can tell that this so called documentary is aimed entirely at a US audience - you wouldn’t dwell on or greatly detail the curtsy story if you were talking to a British audience - it’s just not that interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Not sure evil is the word Id use, I'd say vindictive. She didnt get what she wanted and is now lashing out. I think its that simple.

I totally agree that she appears to be a psychopathic narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

This isn't what I had in mind when hearing about 'an incredibly intimate snap', but maybe that's just me 😋

• Advertisement

I thought the biggest hypocrisy is Harry and is injustice crusading and woke virtue-signaling and yet ever so proud to be over bombing and shooting and killing in countries 1000s of miles away..

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Short term it's given them a few more quid. We can assume that they'll get a bit more from Granny's will as well. Long term, well, who knows?

Historically the people who left the RF only had moderate star power afterwards- David and Wallis did the half-in half-out model where he had some sort of figurehead /diplomatic role in somewhere like Barbados (I think, it's been decades since I read the biography, so I'm hazy on the exact detail) but apparently they made a balls of each posting that he was assigned to and then when their friendships with high ranking nazis started to emerge, the Firm were quick to shelve all and any official roles for them after that. So they ended up as rich socialites bouncing between Paris and the South of France and other glitzy places, likely quietly bankrolled from the family's private wealth, and some dodgy friends of theirs.

Fergie and Diana also left. Fergie had some dabblings with the Chatshow circuit in the US, wrote a children's book and was a brand ambassador for weightwatchers. Now currently residing with The Sweaty One in a royal residence. Diana really was the only one who might have been savvy enough to stay an A+++ figure, I think she genuinely did care about her charity endeavours, she had the charm and charisma, you could see that she might do something like collaborate with Dior or Chanel or something like that.

All of those I mentioned above though were people who generally respected the monarchy /institution. They may not have liked the rules or how it was run, and may have hated certain individuals within, but the respect for the pomp and ceremony seemed to remain despite their treatment.

I don't know what's the plan for H&M. They are angry, that much is clear. It feels like they want to bring down the monarchy - but unless they pull something much more grave than "someone said something about skin colour" or "Kate didn't like me hugging her" out of their arsenal, that's not going to happen.

Indeed- Edward and Mrs Simpson were certainly Nazi fans- there was a recent documentary on Channel 4 which found evidence of Edward being in favour of a German takeover of England whereby he would be made King again by the ruling nazi party. Fascinating stuff.

Obviously it didn’t happen TG, but just shows what’s in this family gene pool and how they might think.

Damage towards the RF seems to be a key goal of Meaghan at least and considering her recent do gooder award looks like there’s a lifetime of commentary and bashing of the royal family ahead- if she thinks she’s hated in Briton right now, she doesn’t know the half of what’s to come if she keeps going this route- I could see a protest March happening outside Buckingham palace yet calling for her royal title to be removed 😂

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

I don't know what's the plan for H&M

Live their lives and raise their kids I imagine.

It feels like they want to bring down the monarchy

No it doesn't.

Nothing they can say will be as scandalous or outrageous as the Queen and the future King using public money to pay off an alleged rape victim.

That's the seedy bar this family operate at.

The monarchy have far bigger problems going forward then these 2 fleecing Netflix.

The commonwealth and actual Britain breaking up would trump the blatant and casual racism everyone already knows about.

It is hilarious that the vitriol is aimed at these 2 though, when you think about it, what crime have they actually committed? The temerity to get out of the freak show.

But but but she's evil. You couldn't write it. 😂

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That clip doesn't come across well- not just because of the timing, which is poor. But even if they argue that it was filmed before she died - em, she was 96, she was bound to pop off soon, but also because I think the Queen did show a lot of kindness towards Meghan in the beginning.

There are many that you could criticise about royal life but by all accounts the Queen did a lot to make Meghan welcome into such a weird life and she bent a lot of rules and formality that wasn't extended to other royal girlfriends such as Christmas at Sandringham, royal security, and accompanying the Queen on her first royal event after marriage. Fergie, Diana, Sophie and Kate never got any of that and it shows that the Queen had learned from the past and wanted to do right by Meghan.

It looks like a personal potshot at someone who doesn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Harrys body language was " i love my missus but i can't hide my embarrassment here "

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Was she mocking the Queen though? I felt she was mocking the protocol and the etiquette and saying she didn't really understand it.

Also, I've heard literally hundreds of anecdotes from celebrities who visited Buckingham Palace for the first time or who met the Queen and them saying "I didn't realise I had to do this" etc. Nearly every interview about them meeting her was along the lines of "What was it like when you met her? What did you say to her? Did you have to bow?" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The temerity to get out of the freak show?

FFS. You know what, I was going to spell out how utterly stupid that is, but it would be giving you exactly what you want.

I'm all for two sides discussing things openly, in good faith and I'm massively against all this cancel culture shite and attempts at silencing those that you dont agree with. But in this case its just trolling. No interesting takes are being offered, no alternative info. Just the same old contrarian bull.

If those against M&H say up, you say down. Does it not get boring for you? Its bloody monotonous having to read through the same posts day in and day out. I really do wish boards had an ignore user option. Its just tiresome at this stage.

Anyway Im not going to reply to these bait posts any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

• Advertisement

Advertisement