Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Agree with most of that, it's a pathetic look to make money by constantly running your family down. But hey ho they'll make millions and we'll help them by watching the series and buying the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Funny, 'cos I've never heard that term applied to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Ah Alan, you’re not seriously going to buy the book are you? 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

Considering all of the stories in the Daily Fail last week about H&M, a newspaper that far outstrips any other tabloid for coverage on this topic, if you care to look this morning, just one story remains and it’s one previously published Friday or Saturday

Just shows how quickly even the Daily Mail moves on- a lesson to H&M- if you’ve nothing to say and you’re doing nothing, people will quickly forget you- might be a lesson there somewhere around just STFU and maybe, you won’t have to play whack a mole with tabloid stories every day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

• Advertisement

This is true. You also hear a fair pile of schite talk everyday. Both of these are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I’m waiting I’m waiting 😜

Predictions in many of the online media over the weekend were that whilst they’ll cover Mexit, it’s not likely to be overly controversial and essentially going over old ground- of course that won’t stop a million newspaper articles pouring over every word and phrase used and comparing it to the Oprah interview to catch them out.

What I’m really waiting for is the book- that will be a big bang as it will be released to all so a few days of wall to wall H&M stories and then it will be all over with.

I predict the book will be more ramblings that take up a lot of word space to say very little.

The big question will be- in what way will Harry make a dig at his father his brother and his step mother? That’s all people will be looking out for. Wasn’t he told previously to rewrite content by the publisher because it wasn’t really saying much and was too much about spreading love and happiness and such things?

King Charles needs to take his hands out of his pockets and take their royal titles away from them, before the next three episodes are aired.

That would wipe the permanent smirk off the face of Princess Pinocchio.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Nothing else to watch last night so I started their netflix doc with the intention of turning it off as soon as it became dull, I cant say it was riveting but it is fairly watchable, but one observation I made whilst watching the first episode, or maybe it was the second, both are in a landrover in America and it seems one sole paparazzi was seen on a scooter and Harry seemed genuinely fearful - makes me think there could possibly be a genuine phobia here caused by his mothers death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

She would love that, and it would play right into her hands!.... If they remove the title of Duke and Duchess, he can just go back to using Prince Harry (because he's still a prince) and I don't know if they have any power to stop her from using Princess Megan and then the kids will no doubt be called Prince and Princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Yes I agree. Seems out of proportion until you remember what happened his mother.

The footage of his reaction to the press when he was a teen too was quite telling. And this whole, my job is to protect my family etc.

His mother was hounded in fairness- even watching those clips of Harry and William skiing on holiday and they were just surrounded the whole time even when eating- that certainly must take its toll.

I do get his point around media intrusion but I don’t believe he’s going about addressing it in the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Trailer 2 out. William protected. We were fed to the wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Harry's distaste for the media understandably has been common knowledge for a long time. Yet here is is, the biggest media whore in the family. And throwing in brother under the bus to boot. Rotters. The public will never forgive them.

Yeah just watched it- it sounds like he’s speaking about the RF- unless he stops short and blames the royal press office-a trailer is after all designed to entice the audience in and this looks heavily edited giving the impression he’ll dish the dirt but I’m not sure that will be the reality.

-certainly the trailer makes you think episode 4 and possibly 5 will dish the real dirt but episodes 1-3 were severely lacking aside from a stupid comment about curtsying that seemed to get a lot of peoples knickers in a twist😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Maybe there's a reason he hasn't, perhaps Harry is privy to some potentially damaging information, perhaps there is some truth to what is being said and King Charles knows it, all plausible reasons.

Withdrawing current titles would just fan the flames completely- I don’t see that happen and Charles would be mad to go down that road. What he will likely do though is postpone a decision around what if any titles Harry’s son and daughter will receive.

Considering his side-step around the council of state by adding people to it rather than deleting Harry and Andrew, I’d say he’ll simply postpone indefinitely a decision around making Harry’s offspring royal titles- it’s something that may never have to be addressed or at least until they turn 18

• Registered Users Posts: 55,695 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What on earth happened with Harry, William and Charles to see Harry turn on them like he has?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Harry’s gone too far now, they lied to protect Will? What about all the times he was protected? There’s a photo of them by a lake, I wonder would it be Di’s resting place….?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Historically they had executioners to take care of title removal, which isn't an an option in this day and age but title removal is too risky a precedent to set because it puts their own titles at risk down the line. It's the slippery slope towards a republic, which none of them want.

The whole point of succession is that the plebs don't get to choose who their "betters" are. And they certainly don't get to dictate what they are called or have any power to take titles away. If the palace /UK government did take away all titles from H&M, the next person on the hit list would HAVE to be Andy. And maybe a few more of the 24 non royal dukes are also dodgy enough to have their titles removed. And before you know it, people will be saying that King Charles's own title should be under scrutiny given his secretary's ability to find bags of cash from middle east donors down the back of the sofa.

His mother was only "hounded" when she wanted to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder will Willaim's alleged affair be mentioned? That might be their to protect him.

If the affair rumours are true Harry might keep that trump card until William is king and have him over a barrel.

I figured someone would say that- not at all accurate - there would be dozens lining up outside her gym to photograph her comings and goings - in the airports travelling etc etc so not necessarily just when she was demonstrating land mines and other charitable projects

Yes she did play the media and use them for her gain but there was an element of symbiosis there too except the media never knew when to stop or draw the line, including phone tapping

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I think then that her title would formally be Princess Henry (Harry) but as you say, no doubt she would adopt the title of Princess Meghan. 😁

As Neyite said though, they are unlikely to go the route of title removal, as it could be a slippery slope.

The great unwashed might start to query royal titles in general.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't think they'd risk it. While William might not feel he can respond, the woman allegedly involved and her husband have no such restrictions and might even be secretly encouraged by the palace to sue H&M if they made such an allegation.

But even without that, an affair doesn't have the shock factor it did for their parent's era. All that would happen is a mea culpa from William, Catherine standing by her man and an appeal for privacy while they work on their marriage /protect the kids etc etc.

But lets say the affair did happen, and Harry did have proof, and that Harry was also willing to sing like a canary - then he would face a backlash for causing the same kind of trauma to the Cambridge kids that he and his brother themselves experienced. He would have zero credibility evermore with his pleas to protect his children from the media if he caused that kind of upset to his nephews and niece.

Which begs the question what the hell is he even doing this documentary for right now as it’s causing enough upset to his family- no less the book about to be published to the world

• Advertisement

Utter crap. Reams of evidence to point towards Diana being hounded by the press at times where she didn't want to be. Christ.

Advertisement