Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Half way through Episode 4- not a whole lot up to that point, mostly the wedding - but now they’re starting to address their popularity and how “the palace” didn’t like that.

They're addressing the difference on how Meaghan was treated when pregnant vs Kate when she was pregnant- something that was highlighted on this thread previously.

it addresses Meaghan’s suicidal thoughts -an extraordinary thing Meaghan says is:

“I wanted to go somewhere and get help but I wasn’t allowed to- they were concerned about how that would look for the institution”

A lot of references to “they”- very difficult to determine who they’re actually talking about- is it the grey suits and civil servants or is it his own family?

Still about 24 mins yet to watch but have to head off -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭rogber

If he's burned his bridges it'll be bad enough.

If he's burned his breeches it's really going to hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 40,139 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

You're not familiar with Howard Stern if you think he'd do such a thing. He's calling it as he sees it like most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ok, William shouted at him. Not great. What’s to be gained by blabbing that on a Netflix documentary that will be watched by millions?

Oh yeah, millions of pounds. How can they not see the hypocrisy in slamming people for selling stories when they are doing the exact same, except for way more money?

It’s all so tawdry and unedifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Found it tiresome, same thing over & over & he always brings his mother into it. No problem releasing all the personal photos now & video, for cash. Seems strange H getting a text from W at the exact time the video was rolling.

Which people did they 'slam' for selling stories?

Were these stories outright lies?

Please be specific.

What happens next? Will the vendetta against their family continue or will they go and live their lives out of the spotlight.. I don't think Megan will be happy to bunker down and live a quiet life with ol Harry boy so you can only wonder what foul endeavour will they embark on next. Meanwhile their children being dragged into it means they will have no relationship with their cousins , uncles and aunts etc.. How sick is that!

The woman in the striped jumper gives an pinpoint accurate take on the whole debacle.

Meanwhile their children being dragged into it means they will have no relationship with their cousins , uncles and aunts etc.

TBF keeping the children away from one uncle is prudent.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

It wouldn’t be hard to believe that they were jealous of the media attention Meghan and harry were getting. Prince William is a bore and as stiff as a board.

When he first got married he and Catherine went over to America. All the comments on the daily mail was about how little charisma they had, royal family future in doubt and how boring they were and that continued for a couple of years. Their popularity sky rocketed amongst that audience once they turned on harry and Meghan. Personally I don’t care for any of the royals/harry Meghan I just find it entertaining how triggered people get defending royalty. The types that call everyone snowflakes/woke seem to froth at the mouth the most in their defence ex piers morgan. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

That's the funniest thing it's the very type that cry snowflake that are upset about Harry and Megans "attack" on the royal family . Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Most people wouldn't listen to Morgan, he seems to have an axe to grind with Meghan. Daily mail as well most on here wouldn't believe much from that paper.

To me it looks like Meghan doesn't talk to her family except for her Ma, and Harry has sold their story to the highest bidder. No matter how badly your family treated you very few would do what they did. As someone above put beautifully.

"It’s all so tawdry and unedifying".

genius editing , focus on how successful they were in Australia (not the reality according to the locals) and the link back to Diana stealing Charles thunder is Australia

He’s not a pedo though, maybe a threat in their late teens but safe for now

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Is there a family where a sibling hasn't yelled at another?

Imagine you work at any family business where the whole family have a job in it - there will be hierarchy within that anyway, all jobs do.

So H&M are essentially a senior staff member and a graduate respectively with new ideas for the business. Fair enough. So they meet with the CEO/figurehead, the MD and the Assistant MD and put forth their proposal: "We will keep the full time salary and all the perks, but we want to cherry pick the nice stuff, not the boring stuff that pays the wages. We'd also like to create a new department abroad that we don't really need, and plan to run it any way we like without you lot telling us what to do. Oh, and we want to be free to work on any other stuff that almost certainly will clash with the objectives, ethos and mission statement of the family business"

In my workplace that would probably earn a yelling from the MD and AMD in the board room and that's without any familiarity of kinship.

all this could have been sorted quickly, it’s sad that it all had to be saved up for a multi million pound deal with Netflix

It has nothing at all to do with defending royalty. Rather the ire in people comes from watching a spoilt , privileged , extremely wealthy couple throw their family under the bus for fame and greed. The backlash a human issue. Disrespecting your family just isn't very appealing to people , especially when some of those family members had just passed away.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If you genuinely believe this could have been sorted 'quickly' then you're utterly deluded.

Harry has been dealing with this since the death of his mother - 25 years ago.

Not to mention everything that has happened since.

• Advertisement

Ahhh i was just trying to remember why Danny baker was cancelled, looks like his tweet went straight to hq 😂

Yeah but when the "family" are an absolute horrible bunch of cretins, it's great to see some unfettered honesty for once, instead of constantly hiding ones horribleness behind protocol.

The only real ire can only come from the British tax paper, who bankroll this inbred racist disfunction.

All power to these 2, can only be a good finally shining a light on these families outright seediness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Plenty of UK papers have had similar stories- granted they were all tabloids - Daily Mail was sued by Meaghan so that paper obviously has a bit more of a grudge but tabloids are tabloids - they all think alike - but at the heart of this is not the tabloid stories - it’s Meaghan and Harry’s over the top reactions to not just the stories but everyone apparently -so far in the documentary they’ve criticised her family, his family, the senior palace aids , the press and in a way the British public- it’s always someone else’s fault with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

And it only became clear to him when he met Meghan..

It has everything to do with defending the royal family as it all comes from how dare they say anything negative about the royal family.

”Spoilt, privileged and extremely wealthy” I find that an hilarious attack line on Meghan and Harry as it is the literally definition of the royal family some irony in there surely. As I said it’s hilarious how much frothing the peasants do defending the royals especially from the everyone is a woke/snowflake crowd. And I don’t even like Meghan or Harry I think they’re all insufferable doses.

No. The pity-party victimhood game simply doesn't endear themselves to the public. They are fame hungry shallow narcissists who make people side with the royal family when they never would otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

No it didn't?

Harry himself has faced media scrutiny and harrassment long before he met Meghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Sad that Harry and williams kids will probably never have a cousin relationship. I know from my 30+ cousins, that most of us have a special bond, in particular those of us who grew up together in the 70's & 80's.

William & Harry has a special bond with their cousins -- zara, peter, beatrice and eugenie who are all around the same age. Edwards kids are younger, so I suspect the same bond might never be there, but cousin love and protection will be there from William as he will always see them at family and offical royal occasions.

If Harry left it all behind for a person that was genuine, honest, respected, etc. I think we'd all be saying well done mate, go for a new life. But the more I see and hear of Megan, and the way they are now bitching about the RF, I think they will not be welcomed back to the UK in the future. I have a feeling that once cash runs low, they won't last. She will move onto her next project and set her eyes on some billionaire.

Advertisement