Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

One thing I thought was disingenuous.
    They made a big deal about not accepting payment for the interview. They should have and donated it all to the charities they work with.

Then they would have been accused of donating the money just for good publicity. They weren't going to win however they approached it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Well, I have said it before and I'll say it again.

Harry is going to get screwed over good and proper in the long grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Then they would have been accused of donating the money just for good publicity. They weren't going to win however they approached it.

Yes, the very fact they even mentioned money shows the vulgarity of their behaviour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

acequion wrote: »
    You clearly know NOTHING about mental health if your only reaction is this utterly tiresome faux outrage. :rolleyes: Jeez but it's so depressing how easily outraged people are nowadays and how little use this constant outrage is to real mental health sufferers.

1. You have an absolute nerve twisting the meaning of my words or maybe you just didn't understand.

2. Again perhaps your comprehension skills aren't great ..

So find someone else to vent your outrage at as I'm not justifying myself further to you. I'll talk to those who respect differing points of view and don't immediately hop on the attack!

Is everyone twisting your words or just the callous ones and those obsessed with you.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

Is that the same poster that took umbrage at being called callous? It's hard to keep up with all the ignorant comments.

Typical bullying tactics to continue insulting a poster you disagree with by making catty comments.

How about having the maturity and dignity to just agree to disagree? Especially as you claim to be so concerned about people's sensibilities. Or is that consideration only reserved for remote celebrities on the telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know what you mean it’s a very complicated and hard situation but at the same time she still hasn’t “lost” her father. She still has options to try and sort things out which is a lot more than some people have.

She did try and sort it out, and wrote him a letter after her wedding asking him to stop talking to the media.

And he leaked parts of it to the Daily Mail.

I get it, he's still alive and therefore there is still a path available to reconciling with him, and that may be something she tries in the future.

But for now at least, I can completely see why she believes that relationship is lost, because how on earth could she possibly trust him? He was on Good Morning Britain yesterday with Piers Morgan again.

Any time there's any news about Meghan, he's on TV talking about them. The onus is on him to stop. I think until he does and shows he can, and that he won't just run off and do an interview the next time Meghan does reach out to him, then I think it's absolutely fair that Meghan considers the relationship with him to be lost.

anewme wrote: »
    Is everyone twisting your words or just the callous ones and those obsessed with you.?

What is your agenda? Are you looking to derail the thread, bore everyone to tears just to have a fight?

I've already told you I don't want to engage with you. As I said to the last poster with the same attitude, why not practise what you preach now, respect an opposing viewpoint and agree to disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Penn wrote: »
    She did try and sort it out, and wrote him a letter after her wedding asking him to stop talking to the media.

I get it, he's still alive and therefore there is still a path available to reconciling with him, and that may be something she tries in the future.

But for now at least, I can completely see why she believes that relationship is lost, because how on earth could she possibly trust him? He was on Good Morning Britain yesterday with Piers Morgan again.

Any time there's any news about Meghan, he's on TV talking about them. The onus is on him to stop. I think until he does and shows he can, and that he won't just run off and do an interview the next time Meghan does reach out to him, then I think it's absolutely fair that Meghan considers the relationship with him to be lost.

Didn’t her friends leak parts of it first? And he then leaked it to the daily mail to try and clarify some of the things the friends had leaked, and defend himself? Nobody would have known about there being any letter at all had her friends not gone running to outlets first and discussed its contents. Not excusing him at all and it’s still appalling that he did that, but the context is important. He held on to it for six months until her friends started blabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

She is absolutely vile, a complete and utter liar and he is an out and out fool out of touch with reality.

The people defending them here need a reality check. This was a cold calculated move to garner them as much support as possible at a time when it looks like Philip is on his last legs, did they care? not a jot. I cant believe in some respects the Queen took her call with faux concern for Prince Philip.

Such an air of victim hood from two privileged spoilt brats. Try living in the real world nowadays. So shameful and disgraceful.

I'm glad at least a lot of people here can see through her lies and deceit.

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, the very fact they even mentioned money shows the vulgarity of their behaviour!!!

Or they were smart enough to know that some people would assume the worst of them so clarified the money question straight away. I think we can see from this thread and the likes of Morgan that assuming the worst is exactly what a lot of people have done.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »

Maybe if she treated her father with a bit of respect instead of completely abandoning him and referring to him as lost in interviews with Oprah Winfrey, it would go some way towards healing their relationship.

They live 70 kms from him in California now. My own parents would have to do a hell of a lot worse than some media interviews to stop me from seeing them if they lived that close. Its despicable.

She is absolutely vile, a complete and utter liar and he is an out and out fool out of touch with reality.

The people defending them here need a reality check. This was a cold calculated move to garner them as much support as possible at a time when it looks like Philip is on his last legs, did they care? not a jot. I cant believe in some respects the Queen took her call with faux concern for Prince Philip.

Such an air of victim hood from two privileged spoilt brats. Try living in the real world nowadays. So shameful and disgraceful.

So much hate and bile for two strangers. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

She was born in LA, her parents got divorced when she was 6. She had her first job at 13

Worked her way up to star in a Suits. Doesn't seem over privileged to me. A hard working woman would be my description

Or they were smart enough to know that some people would assume the worst of them so clarified the money question straight away. I think we can see from this thread and the likes of Morgan that assuming the worst is exactly what a lot of people have done.

Please tell me you are not this naive. Do you think they would have done this interview for one second if it wasn't going to develop their brand or enhance their finances? I'm assuming its a combination of both. Them not getting paid for the interview doesn't mean they aren't going to benefit financially from this interview in other respects.

Please, get some perspective

Not bizarre, just not as naive as you. Anyone with an air of common sense were able to see right through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

"i didn't make her cry - she made me cry".. :rolleyes: sure gawd love her..

Meghan is stubborn as hell i'd say.. she talked over Harry a good few times..

I doubt she's lying much but I'd say she's not totally innocent herself - v aggressive..

In any event, I really hope the marriage works out.. for the sake of Harry.. I don't think he ever got over Diana's death..

Typical bullying tactics to continue insulting a poster you disagree with by making catty comments.

How about having the maturity and dignity to just agree to disagree? Especially as you claim to be so concerned about people's sensibilities. Or is that consideration only reserved for remote celebrities on the telly?

Your posts are the ones lashing out at people who disagree with you from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not bizarre, just not as naive as you. Anyone with an air of common sense were able to see right through them.

You really shouldn't be so presumptuous as to speak for other people. I have more than a little common sense and the thing I can see right through is the Daily Mail, Pierse Filth and the Queen and her shady advisers who really run the show.

From my perspective, you are one of the DM's brainwashed drones who toddles about thinking they have things sussed. Laughable.

sebdavis wrote: »
    She was born in LA, her parents got divorced when she was 6. She had her first job at 13

Worked her way up to star in a Suits. Doesn't seem over privileged to me. A hard working woman would be my description

So what if her parents got divorced at 6, plenty of other kids parents do as well unfortunately.

As for starting her first job at 13, happy for her to provide more details on that although I doubt she will.

Plenty of people starting working at that age and younger in this country for many years including myself.

Starred in Suits?? Seriously, I couldn't believe how poor acting wise she was, she must have been saving her best performances for real life. The show is corny crap and she wasn't even a major player in the series, more of a bit part role.

A pretty face willing to screw over anyone including her own family amongst many others to further her own career. That's what I see.

She is a textbook narcissist.

What is your agenda? Are you looking to derail the thread, bore everyone to tears just to have a fight?

I've already told you I don't want to engage with you. As I said to the last poster with the same attitude, why not practise what you preach now, respect an opposing viewpoint and agree to disagree?

You are trying to gaslight people here.

You don"t speak for 'everyone' either, so maybe other people might consider your dramatic comments on peoples reading ability as rude.

You've made some very personal over dramatic and derogatory claims at people who disagree with your views.

Any post questioning your views is deemed an attack and is responded to in extremely agressive manner.

• Advertisement

So what if her parents got divorced at 6, plenty of other kids parents do as well unfortunately.

As for starting her first job at 13, happy for her to provide more details on that although I doubt she will.

Plenty of people starting working at that age and younger in this country for many years including myself.

Starred in Suits?? Seriously, I couldn't believe how poor acting wise she was, she must have been saving her best performances for real life. The show is corny crap and she wasn't even a major player in the series, more of a bit part role.

A pretty face willing to screw over anyone including her own family amongst many others to further her own career. That's what I see.

Do you get this angry often or just when you're insulting two people you've never met?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

Opps - this thread is really bringing out the worst in some posters.. i'm outta here.. yikes..

I think some people really need to take a step back and have a think.. some v v uncool behaviour on here..

cnocbui wrote: »
    You really shouldn't be so presumptuous as to speak for other people. I have more than a little common sense and the thing I can see right through is the Daily Mail, Pierse Filth and the Queen and her shady advisers who really run the show.

From my perspective, you are one of the DM's brainwashed drones who toddles about thinking they have things sussed. Laughable.

From the one who has made nearly 20 posts on this topic over the last two days, calling me brainwashed?? lol. Its funny the delusion that exists amongst the perennially offended especially on behalf of these two parasites.

And for someone calling me presumptuous to tell me then I'm one of the DM's brainwashed drones without knowing the first thing about me says it all really. Do you realise how stupid that sounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don’t hate either of them...

And I don’t think the poster does. We don’t know them, or exist in their world..

But their behaviour is contemptible.

Their behaviour is vile..

And Piers in relation to this is absolute spot on.

And you can bet many more commentators agree, but don’t have the balls to admit it, as it would be cancel culture time!

anewme wrote: »
    You are trying to gaslight people here.

You don"t speak for 'everyone' either, so maybe other people might consider your dramatic comments on peoples reading ability as rude.

You've made some very personal over dramatic and derogatory claims at people who disagree with your views.

Any post questioning your views is deemed an attack and is responded to in extremely agressive manner.

No, no, no and no. You however just can't let a thing go and your continual attacks after my repeated requests to drop it are now tantamount to bullying. You're showing yourself up at this stage.

For the last time, kindly STOP engaging with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

She was one of the main 4 characters in Suits. Part of the main storyline from the first episodes till the last ones she starred in
    She was worth a couple of million before she even met Harry so she didn't do too bad did she.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    so you feel sorry for them LOL I said he should let them speak for themselves

i feel trapped too.. i cant go more than 5km outside my house
    but i dont live in the luxury of a palace or a mansion in santa barbara
    which hey if you got it great
    just stop complaining about your life when you have been born into immense wealth, privilege and opportunity
    thats all i am saying
    got it

Where did I say I felt sorry for them?

No, no, no and no. You however just can't let a thing go and your continual attacks after my repeated requests to drop it are now tantamount to bullying. You're showing yourself up at this stage.

For the last time, kindly STOP engaging with me!

You cant make allegations against people and then tell them to drop it.

Thats exactly what Piers Morgan did yesterday.

Stop insulting me like you tried to do today and I wont respond to you.

Leave it at that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Do you get this angry often or just when you're insulting two people you've never met?
    Or maybe this poster has had a tough life and has a different perspective on the matter, coloured by their own experience

I remember person A, a very privileged person in many ways (good job, nice husband, looks amazing, travels) tell my dear friend B (who spent years trying for IVF with her husband, she had a still birth, husband couldn’t cope and died by suicide and then went on to have advanced breast cancer aged 45 with the whole chemo and radiation shabang) how hard person A’s life was. Now granted, nobody knows what person A is going through at home. But come on, should we condemn person B for not being sympathetic and cajoling A?

We are on a pseudoanonymised forum. Few of us know what person is behind the boards name. We don’t know the life that they have experienced. They may have traumatic lives and far be it for us to judge them for not being an appropriate level of sympathetic towards Harry and Meghan.

If my friend B was on the site, I wouldn’t judge her if she didn’t coo-coo over Harry and Meghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

where can one watch the full video?? youtube just gives snippets or boring discussions about it. thanks.

Advertisement