Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Where did I say it was rough housing as youngsters?

Well considering your mam or sisters were present I imagined ye were young. But again, none of them ever called to your house in their 30s ranting and raving about your partner and assaulted you? Correct?

Well, the lack of any panygeric from Meghan thanking her husband for his actions in sharing a therapist when she wanted to top herself? Have just as much weight

She wanted to be booked into a hospital, I imagine her being an American Actress she would already have a therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You'd be incorrect but you assume whatever you like.

And your assumption regarding her already having a therapist is interesting. Given surely that would have been mentioned in her listing of issues, or during the Oprah interview?

Fair to assume that if she had a therapist, that she at least spoke with them over the phone and that a therapist would have been the one to recommend her hospitalisation?

Yet, no mention of that.

Again speculation, I have no idea.

She said she wanted to attend a hospital, if you have evidence to the contrary by all means work away.

Again, your speculation is based on H&M's public statements which is fair enough.

There does need to be both a measure of scepticism applied given the already documented lies and inconsistencies in their public statements and some degree of at least presumptive innocence afforded the accusations both in the absence of any evidence other than Harry's claim and the royal family erstwhile tradition of "never explain"

I know people have previously said Harry should have gone to the police and so on? I don't fall into that camp, usually whenever my brother's and I have a disagreement? It's actually settled, there is some degree of solution achieved and that's not always strongest wins or might makes right.

If any credence is to be given to Harry's claim? Surely that credence has to at least be counterbalanced by the already proven errors in earlier statements?

I actually don't doubt that there was a confrontation, that it may well have ended up with Harry on the floor. What matters most in deciding what to label that confrontation and how to judge it?

Is context. As long as H&M are talking and the RF isn't? It is a very one sided narrative and H&M are unreliable narrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

2 privileged, and very likely emotionally-stunted, brothers have a falling out and a bit of fisticuffs, one blabs for money so he can be financially independent as was his wish.

And remember, kids, daddy did cut him off as arranged, and he blabbed rather indignantly about that too.

I'm not on team William before that's thrown at me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the affair rumours are true, but at least he isn't whinging publicly from his ivory tower like a petulant 8 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Let’s say a confrontation did occur. We only have one side, and will only have one side.

So it’s absolute ludicrous to lend any credibility, veracity/belief that this was anything but a minor confrontation between two grown adult brothers.

William’s version will not be heard/considered. And we have folks here jumping all over this allegation and using terms like scumbag and thug all because it suits their anti RF narrative.

even if I was anti RF (whatever that actually is), I’d still show some common decency and logic and treat this as nothing more than a very minor “alleged” incident of assault. Anyone trying to say it’s very serious is deluded.

and I’d also call it out as completely unnecessarily aired by someone trying to sell a fooking book based off dissing and slating his own family, knowing that they will not respond. It’s abhorrent behaviour.

Harry said he asked the palace to help Meghan and they refused so he told her to get dressed up and he brought her to a royal engagement.

At no point did he have the gumption to ring his own therapist, given Meghan the number or reach out to the mental health charities he was involved with, but sure that's probably Big Willy's fault too. 🤷‍♀️

Again, your speculation is based on H&M's public statements which is fair enough.

Again, that is not my speculation.

Is context. As long as H&M are talking and the RF isn't? It is a very one sided narrative and H&M are unreliable narrators

Really? I mean their claims are hardly mental given what we know well what the institution can do. Didn't William and Harrys mother have to throw herself down the stairs in a vein attempt for help? The idea the palace blocked her going to a mental institution is hardly unbelievable.

If they brazenly pay off a rape victim with public money and have the absolute creep still be put up by the public purse, the idea that William throttled his brother is hardly going to phase them is it?

If the narrative is one sided, it's because it suits the other side. Absolutely nothing precluding William from speaking out about these very serious allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Not team anyone really just looking at it with common sense. I'd be someone who was on the receiving end of false allegations/role reversals from family myself so, with that bias in mind, I'd be moreso empathetic to him (and others who experience that) rather than firmly supportive. At least I had the ability to reply in my own experience of that. Quite simply there is nothing William et al put out into the public domain in such a personal way as Harry and Meghan do. As such it is hard to scrutinise him. Just look at Andrew getting eviscerated by Emily Maitlis (and everyone else) as another Royal explaining example.

Is he a bollox behind closed doors carefully stage managed by an exemplary press office? Who knows. Is he a serial adulterer and fraternal abuser? Who knows. A racist? etc. He gets the benefit of the doubt like anyone else until something firm, pardon the pun, pins him with something. If he was caught straight up cheating on Kate, who has public support, then he'd be roundly condemned. Harry and Meghan had the same benefit of doubt for a long time until they went so public and faced subsequent scrutiny. Harry is perfectly entitled to write and say what he wants however given that his credibility, through his own words and actions, is worn thin as it is then he really needs to be ironclad in any claims going forward. It is why you get people jumping on any inaccuracies and inconsistencies even though he very well might be telling the truth this time e.g. he may well have been knocked to the ground but him ringing his therapist when, during the same time period, he didn't know what to do when his wife told him she was suicidal is so jarring that it makes you wonder if he is being truthful and this is not him telling lies.

Christ almighty can a big brother not dish out some justice to a younger brother anymore 😂

• Advertisement

And we have folks here jumping all over this allegation and using terms like scumbag and thug all because it suits their anti RF narrative

But the term "cretins" for people who have not indulged in violence or any sort of thing close to that is fine yeah?

😆

I'm afraid we now all must acknowledge we're all survivors of domestic abuse.

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So now Meghan did make Kate cry in the lead up to the wedding. That's not what they said to Oprah. They can't keep up their lies lol

Yep. Their behaviour the past few years is cretin like. And Harry is still at it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is fcuking hilarious! Top tip if you're a compulsive liar - you need to remember your previous lies or you're just going to look like a tit.

So you have no problem name calling then, just when that name calling aptly reflects a member of your beloved Royal Family, then wambulance?

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Oh good Jesus. This is a train wreck. I find it very hard to see how he can come back from this. Did no one advise him that this is bad?

"Prince Harry reveals that he killed 25 people in Afghanistan.In his autobiography, Spare, Duke of Sussex says that in combat he did not think of the 25 as ‘people’ but as 'chesspieces'"

Why? it was done for Queen and Country? 😕

They were Taliban, I doubt anyone will care.

He thinks it will make him look like a hero and rouse up national pride, the dashing prince fighting for queen and country.

Wasn't that where he spoke about his "little Paki friend"? Of course, W and C probably told him to say that too.

That was good violence in the service of the realm. It's only when the realm, or at least the future sovereign of the realm 😉 Hit back that Harry is perturbed...

The lack of actual cop on is only extended with this revelation. I wonder how the "Lady with powers" knew precisely what he wanted to hear?🤔

• Advertisement

Yes, it’s galling to think he had no problem travelling 1000s a miles away to kill and maim foreign people, yet he’s telling:whingeing to the world about this absolute nothing of an incident with his older brother..”he shoved me, said some bold things about my wife and I fell on the ground.” What an absolute sneaky tool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

He means it's a case of people are willing to believe anything against Jackson, where as people are not so willing to believe other allegations, regardless of what they might be, about others. (I'm old enough to remember that people believed Jackson done a voodoo dance to put a curse on Jewish people and Hollywood. Also alive enough to know people somehow believe they're his biological kids, despite saying he wanted to adopt in his younger years)

Said it to someone on here before (possibly yourself) but, in regards the Jackson allegations, as someone who is currently studying law and have used his as case studies, I'd be very hesitant to call any of them "victims." From the court documents, depositions, statements etc I've read, people still believe a lot of stuff that was factually proven wrong (Giving alcohol to kids for example) and the accusers have/had zero evidence of anything, whilst tripping over themselves

There is a reason why two of them are now on their 8th attempt to get money from his estate, a reason why their cases have been thrown out each time, a reason why no proper legal representative will go near them and a reason why they've changed their stories 7 times. Harrods even got involved and called one of them out

Like Jackson, this thing with William and Harry...People think they know but, they really haven't got a clue

"He broke my necklace" - words I never thought would be uttered by a grown man.

No, you can call RF what you like. That’s your fixation.

I’m simply calling you out on your absurd take on this, labeling a man a violent scumbag based off what pretty much amounts to a shove.

You’re happy to do this based purely off William being a member of the RF. If this was just two brothers there is no doubt you wouldn’t be labeling anyone a violent scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

He seems to be more upset by this than killing 25 people in Afghanistan.

Jaysus lad, there is only one person here fixated with the Royal Family.

Wasn't me who wanted the Republic of Ireland to have a national day of mourning for the Queen of England. 🤷‍♀️

• Advertisement

I didn’t want that either. Saying that I’d have no issue with it isn’t the same as asking for it. That’s not too difficult to grasp, is it? And what has it got to do with your absurd takes anyway..

as I said: You can call RF what you like. That’s your fixation here in all this. Not mine. Every take here on this from you is based off being anti RF. Not even a sniff of logic from you.

now, I’m sure your hurriedly scrolling through past posts of mine to try “trip” me up..

Advertisement