Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no he's fine.

just fake outrage over nothing this, anyone and everyone knows that anyone who served in combat forces in afghanistan will have killed taliban fighters.

they were hardly there to sit round drink tea hold hands and sing songs.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think H&M and the Mail etc. are in a symbiotic relationship. They both need each other to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I thought his account of the failed attempted reconciliation of both couples after the honeymoon that ended up in a finger pointing arguement was an interesting insight into the relationship between the two couples.

RE below extract and article from Sky News, I get the feeling that the root cause of the issues between the two couples is cultural to a degree but also a reluctance of Will and Kate to move away from the hierarchical and order of importance nature of life in the RF.

Its probably one of the few things I would support them on- Kates reply of “we are not close enough for you to talk about my hormones” , if accurate, was somewhat telling- especially considering they had known each other for some time at that point. While Meaghan likely dug a lot of holes for herself, I don’t think Will and Kate made things easy for Meaghan - there’s no warmth there nor do I think there ever was.

“Harry claimed Kate was offended that Meghan mentioned her hormones following the birth of her third child Louis.

Meghan said she couldn't remember but then added: “I remember. You had forgotten something and I said that it didn’t matter, that it was because of pregnancy. Because you just had a child. Because of the hormones".

Kate reportedly hit back and said: "We are not close enough for you to talk about my hormones". 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Exactly. There seems to be no reports emerging of him addressing Andrew and his behaviour. Andrew is another spare, another military man. He could have gone into the gory details about him i.e. look what happens to other Spares like me who stay in the cage, they wind up with Epstein, let me tell you what Uncle Andrew did. I luckily escaped from that, my wife saved me.....etc.

If he is talking about his and his brothers uncut mickeys and, post-coitus, getting his ass slapped in a field then surely one of the biggest royal stories in recent years might be worthy of his own inside scoop, take and opinion. Is he sparing his cousins the embarrassment? How magnanimous of him if so. 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if there is any chance of him being on such a hit list then he is already on it a long time.

the taliban already know and have done so for years that he will have killed some of their fighters.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder will the woman he lost his Virginity with now go to the media?

She might be on I'm a Celebrity at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Well, if someone was rude to me and made me cry and then made it my fault because of baby brain I would be rightly pissed off.

Very bad move there , that’s a target on his back now . Reminds me of that brief British party leader that said he drinks 6 pints when in his local 😂

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's telling all right @Oscar Madison. My inlaws are lovely, but honestly if I'd made a catty comment to my husband's SIL about her hormones just a couple of years of knowing her it would have been crossing a line. Actually even now I'm 18 years in the family I still think I'd be crossing the line to make a comment like that in an argument. I really don't think that it portrays Meghan well at all really, especially given the spin she put on it in the Oprah interview.

As I see it, they disagreed over Charlotte wearing tights. Meghan made the baby-brain comment and made Kate cry. Then Meghan cried too. Afterwards, Kate sent flowers and apologised (according to Meghan) Meghan never reciprocated, or she would have said so.

After the honeymoon K&W go around to try to resolve it and Meghan again had the opportunity to say sorry for the hurtful remark but didn't. And when confronted, Kate's worst to her was "you don't know me well enough to comment on my hormones" and William pointed his finger at Meghan telling her that "this isn't what's done here" and Harry and Meghan's takeaway from all of that is that Meghan was offended.

From what I see, (and this is all from Harry and Meghan's version of events in their own words) Meghan made a nasty remark, (and really, yes it's massively out of order to say to any woman) Kate attempted to resolve it twice, and there was no attempt by Meghan to do likewise. And yet, Meghan is the one feeling hard done by here, somehow.

About the lip gloss - well I'm fully with Kate on that. Whatever about sharing eyeshadow or blusher, I don't share lipsticks or lip balm with anyone, even family - coldsores and all that. Same with anyone who offers me a bite off their own fork -eh, no. My OH maybe, but nobody else.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Interestingly the Daily Mail when covering this story the other day, featured a picture of Harry with 2 girls of similar age to him and one definately older horsey type looking women from that very time- there’s no doubt that the Daily Mail wanted us to put 2 and 2 together.

Its probably one of the few things I would support them on- Kates reply of “we are not close enough for you to talk about my hormones” , if accurate, was somewhat telling- especially considering they had known each other for some time at that point. While Meaghan likely dug a lot of holes for herself, I don’t think Will and Kate made things easy for Meaghan - there’s no warmth there nor do I think there ever was.

In May 2018 they barely knew each other and how patronising Meghan's sentence was about hormones. Such talking doesn't evoke warms in others. Sorry.

He has shown that those who engaged them in commercial deals have gotten short changed i.e. the planting of stories from Netflix were not on Oprah and the details given to Penguin House were given to neither. Even Anderson Cooper and Tom Bradby have been short changed by the leaks ahead of their interviews which will now likely cover already old material. He has established a drip, drip pattern here of revelation and anyone in future willing to engage will be unsure they are fully getting the warts and all gossip and reveals they are paying handsomely for. In addition he has also now shown that he in untrustworthy. Anyone of note would be wise to not let themselves be alone with this guy or have loose lips with him. When you have cultivated such a reputation then it is a hard one to shake. I ask myself who is actually friends with them. Who beyond those employed to do it or with skin in their game is actually giving them the time of day. The only names who engage with them seem to be one and done type engagements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I didn’t read the “baby brain” comment as catty but in fairness Im not a woman so may not be as empathetic as you, as to the affect such a comment may have on another woman. I just saw it as a normal sort of thing mothers or women might say to one another but stand corrected if it’s not.

But leaving that aside, I just don’t think there was warmth there from either Kate or Wills towards Meaghan - whether that was due to a personality clash, cultural differences, unconscious or conscious bias or the mad world of the hierarchical RF or a combination of all of the above, who knows. I’m not a fan of Meaghan at all and like I’ve set, she’s well capable of digging her own holes, but on that point I’d be somewhat in agreement with her- Kate, in her interactions did appear cold formal and uninviting in private- that’s a hard thing to contend with in any family.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I dont know why but I find this hilarious, probably as its not beyond the realms of possibility...

Meghan asked to borrow Kate's lip gloss ahead of their Royal Foundation Forum appearance in 2018.

“Kate, taken aback, went into her handbag and reluctantly pulled out a small tube,” Harry wrote in his memoir. “Meg squeezed some onto her finger and applied it to her lips. Kate grimaced.”

Harry describes Meghan's request as 'very American.'

It is another lie. Lip gloss usually has a ball at the and or a brush/foam. It is not meant to be squeezed to the finger. Any of my lip glosses wouldn't allow for that. I would be hesitant to borrow it to anyone. Herpes, Hepatitis C can be transferred by lips. So I would probably reluctantly give it and won't take back.

I doubt Kate would use cheap tube lip gloss.

It beggars belief though that Harry feels the need to write all of this guff- there’s absolutely zero trust now- Will and Kate won’t give Harry the time of day or the weather forecast for fear of being quoted, no less a family reconciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some of the extracts from Harry’s book don’t make him look better, but the one about Afghanistan is brain dead. Between himself, his editor, ghostwriter etc did none of them read that quote and think if not remove it word it better than that ? Also, he wasn’t a ground troop, he was a pilot so how does he know how many people he killed exactly ?

Tweet from their interior minister.

You know you're screwed when the Taliban are claiming moral superiority.

I wonder will the Taliban give us their stated position on sharing lip gloss- it’s an important public health issue and one they should also take seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You could argue that the entire monarchy depends on its existence because of its relationship with the right wing / conservative press. Could it have remained prominent and relevant for the last 60-70 years without its relationship with them? It seems hard to imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder has Megs lost the run a Harry. She would have had to have known what he was putting in his book.

Surely she can't be this bad/silly herself? I think 2-3 years may be a stretch for them lasting. Owl Megs may revisit this, and Harry could see himself dumped sooner.

He's just gone off on a mad one, really. Complete waffle and chaos.....I'd say even the RF are facepalming it!

Kate cold & formal or reserved and shy. Who knows?

I've a sister who might come across as cold and formal when she's getting to know you. And if you are too pushy or overly intrusive with her, she'll back away from you. She's quite private and very shy. But once you get to know her, she's the nicest, warmest, funniest person and fiercely loyal. And she's far more forgiving than I would be if someone hurt her. Maybe it's because of her that I assume Kate is similar. To me she seems like someone who would take a while to trust you and let you in -and given her situation I think that's actually rather wise.

And I think you are right, there's culture, personality clashes, hirearchal rules and protocol all in there too that certainly didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Saying stuff like this about how many members of a terrorist organization you have taken out is Ross McWhirter-esque levels of stupid. It means his family will probably now need 24 hour protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

And given Harry is all a tizzy over being pushed and having his necklace broken?

He certainly won't be doing a Jack Ryan alá Patriot Games to do it 😉

He has taken steps to paint a giant target on him and his family who are without CPP, whilst he is undertaking a court challenge against the decision to remove it .

The cynic in me sees a bit more than coincidence there.

You could argue that the wider RF are now fair game by barmy terrorists groups too in how they irrationally think about such things- it was a hornets nest that really didn’t need disturbing - he’s beyond a fool with that comment, he’s a dangerous fool.

• Advertisement

I'd be swiftly removing my kid from Archie's school if I lived in the area.

Advertisement