Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

BettyS wrote: »
    Please do share the posts where you think that the posters made you or Meghan\Harry into a verbal or emotional punchbag?

You seem to conflate people who are not sympathetic with Meghan as being nasty people.

The point of my original post is that shame on the people who judge and berate the posters who are not overly sympathetic towards Meghan. Who knows what troubles or tragedies that they faced?

It's not even what troubles or tragedies they faced. Maybe they are perfectly happy beings but a] don't sympathise with Meghan and Harry and b] have their own views which they exercise the right to express and don't buy into this notion nowadays that you must walk on eggshells for fear of upsetting people.

On a public forum like this you're going to get clashing views and people challenging each other, it's par for the course. It gets nasty when people start insulting each other over their views and basically telling them they shouldn't have those views. Absolutely everybody is entitled to have and express an opinion, regardless how opposing or contrarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That to me is more a typical example of bullying than what that poster said to you. You are ridiculing on a personal level because he expressed an opinion? Be kind, but only if it is to somebody with the “correct” viewpoint

So you must consider being linked to Piers as derogatory, which must mean you think Piers is a rat-bag for it to have such a connotation. Well good to see we have found some common ground at last.

The wink was to confer a lack of serious intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

walshb wrote: »
    Harry actually touched on it with James Corden a few weeks back when he said we don’t carry money.

Royals don’t have any relationship with money like normal joe soaps..

Their lives are so far removed from normal every day life..

So it is almost like the Royals live in a bubble unaware of what is happening in the real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sebdavis wrote: »
    So it is almost like the Royals live in a bubble unaware of what is happening in the real world?

They don’t live any type of life that is common to normal joe soaps..

They still live, eat, breathe, sleep and do a lot of normal human things...they are still people. Still educated. Still well versed etc.

Their lives are mapped out, planned, detailed and regimented a lot more than us..

If you’re trying to get back to the whole idiotic nonsense that Harry wouldn’t know that London is diverse because he lives a different type life to us, you are failing miserably.

That claim of his is utter bull..and if you are actually buying it, then I really don’t know what to say to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Penn wrote: »
    She did try and sort it out, and wrote him a letter after her wedding asking him to stop talking to the media.

And he leaked parts of it to the Daily Mail.

I get it, he's still alive and therefore there is still a path available to reconciling with him, and that may be something she tries in the future.

But for now at least, I can completely see why she believes that relationship is lost, because how on earth could she possibly trust him? He was on Good Morning Britain yesterday with Piers Morgan again.

Any time there's any news about Meghan, he's on TV talking about them. The onus is on him to stop. I think until he does and shows he can, and that he won't just run off and do an interview the next time Meghan does reach out to him, then I think it's absolutely fair that Meghan considers the relationship with him to be lost.

I think she should see him face to face. He is her dad and took care of her for a big part of her life. He deserves more than a letter. It’s her own business but I can’t see anything being sorted by refusing to talk to her own dad. She hasn’t introduced him to Harry as far as I know. He hasn’t met little Archie either. He’s done wrong no doubt but she has too. It’s a situation that won’t get better unless they talk properly. She has the power to change things now but she won’t always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

sebdavis wrote: »

Who would have thought it :D

They kinda touched on it in the interview that their "teams" decide on what information is filtered to them.

I'd say they know more about horses than the common people they "rule" over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I remember reading this at the time and finding it quite sad that Meghan acted this way towards a former friend and agent. Having known each other for years, even holidaying together, she blanked her at an event she attended with Harry. She also calls bs on the claims that she didn’t know who Harry was before meeting him. And yes daily fail link but it’s actually written by said former friend.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7876707/amp/Meghan-mission-bag-prince-RULE-world.html

That was pretty much the plan, to step back, move to the US and earn multi-millions leveraging their royal status and find financial freedom. Covid effectively met the big move in parallel and the networking ability to meet and greet with negotiations was curtailed. Now to launch their brand, it can't simply be deemed as them abandoning the stolid and dull actual banal duties of royal life, there must have been reasons and thus the racism, mental prison, "finding freedom" narrative is put out. That book she totally didn't have any involvement with (but did have input in).

You get her woke celebrity friends who were invited to their wedding to endorse it all and the brands will sign them up or so that's their hope now. Throwing family under the bus might well leave a bitter taste in the mouth of the paying public whenever the details of the other side of the story might start emerging such as the bullying allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think she should see him face to face. He is her dad and took care of her for a big part of her life. He deserves more than a letter. It’s her own business but I can’t see anything being sorted by refusing to talk to her own dad. She hasn’t introduced him to Harry as far as I know. He hasn’t met little Archie either. He’s done wrong no doubt but she has too. It’s a situation that won’t get better unless they talk properly. She has the power to change things now but she won’t always.

No he has met none of them, including Harry.

If people are bringing toxicity to your life, sometimes you need to step away from them, even if they are your parents.

He sold her out more than once.

He took the side of people he never met over defending his own daughter.

Piers Morgan wheeled him out as his trump card - a weapon to beat her with (even your own Dad does not support you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

If he is serious about making up with her, he could have kept his mouth shut this time round, she now feels undermined by his latest comment.
    He would have been better off saying nothing at all, and if asked about it, should say he knows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

AllForIt wrote: »
    Did Meghan really need to bring Kate into it. "She made me cry, no SHE made ME cry". All sounds like a childish teenager spat. I'd send them both to their rooms.

I have just learned this had something to do with 'dresses'. I suppose that just goes to prove that even the rich and famous can't escape the mental trauma of arguments over dresses. It's an issue that extends across all social classes. See, they are not as far removed from the proletariat as we like to think. Can't get this image out of my head of Meghan scoffing a pot noodle in her bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I have just learned this had something to do with 'dresses'. I suppose that just goes to prove that even the rich and famous can't escape the mental trauma of arguments over dresses. See, they are not as far removed from the proletariat as we like to think. Can't get this image out of my head of Meghan scoffing a pot noodle in her bedroom.

In fairness to both Meghan and Kate, the tensions with Wedding Planning usually end up with a row like this at some point: pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

goat2 wrote: »
    If he is serious about making up with her, he could have kept his mouth shut this time round, she now feels undermined by his latest comment.
    He would have been better off saying nothing at all, and if asked about it, should say he knows nothing.

Cutting off a parent is a very drastic action. It will probably haunt them both until they die. Cutting off a parent for speaking to the media is the harshest punishment of all

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your fake outraged opprobrium has been noted.

Outrage, no! Amusement is more the word I would use. I simply like to point out the fallacy and double-standards in your arguments.

I have just learned this had something to do with 'dresses'. I suppose that just goes to prove that even the rich and famous can't escape the mental trauma of arguments over dresses. It's an issue that extends across all social classes. See, they are not as far removed from the proletariat as we like to think. Can't get this image out of my head of Meghan scoffing a pot noodle in her bedroom.

Meghan wanted Kate's little girl to wear her flowergirls dress without tights or socks.

Cutting off a parent is a very drastic action. It will probably haunt them both until they die. Cutting off a parent for speaking to the media is the harshest punishment of all
    But, She knows now, that any chance he gets, he will let their business, private, public, be aired, he has lost her trust, cannot have him around, It is his fault, We all would do anything for our children, and he is not, it is a pity, as she really needs family, her mom has been followed and asked prying questions about her life, and she respects her kid enough, to keep her mouth shut and be there for her

anewme wrote: »
    In fairness to both Meghan and Kate, the tensions with Wedding Planning usually end up with a row like this at some point: pac:

In fairness to Meghan?

Do you go and do a global interview pointing it out?

Who the fook does this? What sort of warped mind would even consider telling the world this, whether it happened or not?

Talk about not to be trusted..

Royal family should be counting their lucky stars that she is gone now..

Imagine the likes of that in your family and ingrained in your life. Soaking it all up, and ready to pounce to tell all for fame and limelight..lies, truth and everything else thrown in.

Royal Family had a lucky escape if you ask me.. she’s gone now before she could do real harm.

Very dangerous woman..

But, She knows now, that any chance he gets, he will let their business, private, public, be aired, he has lost her trust, cannot have him around, It is his fault, We all would do anything for our children, and he is not, it is a pity, as she really needs family, her mom has been followed and asked prying questions about her life, and she respects her kid enough, to keep her mouth shut and be there for her

But arguably she has unveiled a lot of his private information also? But is only she allowed to have the public word on their relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

But arguably she has unveiled a lot of his private information also? But is only she allowed to have the public word on their relationship?

And Harry's family have been dragged through the mud while he sat gormlessly beside her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sure, I get you : )

Then again, most ppl don't have lavish fairytale weddings in castles and most have the added worry of financing their 'perfect day'. One might have thought with less than standard levels of pressure they might try to get along and not be so petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Did Meghan really need to bring Kate into it. "She made me cry, no SHE made ME cry". All sounds like a childish teenager spat. I'd send them both to their rooms.

Meghan didn't bring up the Kate thing though, Oprah asked her directly if she made Kate cry as was reported in the newspaper, Meghan then had to explain what happened in order to show that not only did she in fact NOT make Kate cry but it had been her that was made cry and then 'someone' in the inner circle took that incident and consciously twisted it to make Meghan look like the bad guy.
    To me Meghan looked uncomfortable explaining the ins and outs of that altercation as Kate had apologised and the two had put the incident behind them and went to great lengths to highlight that Kate had apologised and sent flowers etc. and as far as she was concerned it had been put to bed.

• Advertisement

Now her friends are claiming that she has emails and messages to back up her claims. If she has this evidence, it is best to call it out, and let people to judge with the correct context. This information would be in the public interest. I don’t see why the friends make these claims but then refuse to back them up.

The thing that upsets me in all of this is an allegation against another person, without giving any evidence or information to corroborate this

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Meghan didn't bring up the Kate thing though, Oprah asked her directly if she made Kate cry as was reported in the newspaper, Meghan then had to explain what happened in order to show that not only did she in fact NOT make Kate cry but it had been her that was made cry and then 'someone' in the inner circle took that incident and consciously twisted it to make Meghan look like the bad guy.
    To me Meghan looked uncomfortable explaining the ins and outs of that altercation as Kate had apologised and the two had put the incident behind them and went to great lengths to highlight that Kate had apologised and sent flowers etc. and as far as she was concerned it had been put to bed.

Ah, I see..

Meghan hung Kate, but at least she did it nicely...

And told us that Kate apologised...just to let us know that it really was Kate that was the baddy..

That clears it up now....

There was me thinking that Markle would have known what questions the ever so impartial Oprah was going to ask!!

A no holds barred type interview!!!!

No holds barred from Markle that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ms2011 wrote: »

I don't believe for a minute that the questions and answers weren't prepped in advance, nor that there wasn't retakes to improve things.

In fairness to Meghan?

Do you go and do a global interview pointing it out?

Who the fook does this? What sort of warped mind would even consider telling the world this, whether it happened or not?

Talk about not to be trusted..

Royal family should be counting their lucky stars that she is gone now..

Imagine the likes of that in your family and ingrained in your life. Soaking it all up, and ready to pounce to tell all for fame and limelight..lies, truth and everything else thrown in.

Royal Family had a lucky escape if you ask me.. she’s gone now before she could do real harm.

Very dangerous woman..

Looking at your point of view, you got me thinking, and yes you are right, it is not good to air all of that in public, now like I have been saying about her father and herself, the Royals will not want to discuss much with her anymore, as it could all come out in the public airways again.
    How will Harry ever repair his relationship with his family, they are on their own for real now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

No he has met none of them, including Harry.

If people are bringing toxicity to your life, sometimes you need to step away from them, even if they are your parents.

He sold her out more than once.

He took the side of people he never met over defending his own daughter.

Piers Morgan wheeled him out as his trump card - a weapon to beat her with (even your own Dad does not support you!)

Completely understand where you both are coming from. I still think until she sees him face to face nothing will be sorted out properly. Life is short he hasn’t killed anyone. He’s her dad and she should be the bigger person and speak properly to him. It can’t be just money he doing interviews for can it? He’s an old man and it’ll be too late for regrets when he’s gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Now her friends are claiming that she has emails and messages to back up her claims. If she has this evidence, it is best to call it out, and let people to judge with the correct context. This information would be in the public interest. I don’t see why the friends make these claims but then refuse to back them up.

The thing that upsets me in all of this is an allegation against another person, without giving any evidence or information to corroborate this

Here come the "flying monkeys".

As in one friend on This Morning saying regarding the bullying allegations that one of them was fired for gross misconduct and there are even emails and texts to prove this is true but she is at pains to point out that she is totally not speaking on behalf of the Duchess and is just saying that "it all" will come out.

Looking at your point of view, you got me thinking, and yes you are right, it is not good to air all of that in public, now like I have been saying about her father and herself, the Royals will not want to discuss much with her anymore, as it could all come out in the public airways again.
    How will Harry ever repair his relationship with his family, they are on their own for real now

The royals always seemed to be a tight-knit bunch. Harry seemed to have a great relationship with Kate and William. He now will have to journey without these people. It will be a large price to pay. I am not sure what the gain is...

The royals always seemed to be a tight-knit bunch. Harry seemed to have a great relationship with Kate and William. He now will have to journey without these people. It will be a large price to pay. I am not sure what the gain is...

He seems to have completely burned his bridges, and I see Markle dumping him in a coupe more years or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sure, I get you : )

Then again, most ppl don't have lavish fairytale weddings in castles and most have the added worry of financing their 'perfect day'. One might have thought with less than standard levels of pressure they might try to get along and not be so petty.

Less standard levels of pressure?

Absolutely millions of people tuned in to watch it.

The press were there to criticize absolutely everything and splash it on the front page.

But yeah less pressure than rockin up to your childhood church with maybe 200 people there.

• Advertisement

He seems to have completely burned his bridges, and I see Markle dumping him in a coupe more years or so..

Even if they remain together, the price of losing one’s family is enormous.

My fear will be if he loses one of them to death without making peace with that person. This can lead to terrible regret.

On a human level, I do hope that they can reconcile with both families. There are no winners to be gained from family feuds

Advertisement