Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

walshb wrote: »
    What?

Sorry, I have yet to see Kate on any talk show or do any interview whatsoever that disses Markle..

Am I missing something?

Yes you are, no one in the RF came to Meghan defense when that article was written they allowed her name to be slandered by an incident they all knew was false.
    Their silence on the matter was deafening, omitting facts is just as bad as bare faced lying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

BettyS wrote: »
    Now her friends are claiming that she has emails and messages to back up her claims. If she has this evidence, it is best to call it out, and let people to judge with the correct context. This information would be in the public interest. I don’t see why the friends make these claims but then refuse to back them up.

The thing that upsets me in all of this is an allegation against another person, without giving any evidence or information to corroborate this

Which completely contradicts her point in court where she said texts were automatically deleted in 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

anewme wrote: »
    Why are others called Kate and Harry and others called Markle? Are we to believe that Markle is used in this instance as a mark of reverance, given that its pretty safe to say this poster cant stand her.

The views expressed and the level of dislike are very similar to those expressed by Piers Morgan.

Poster has said here on this thread that he supports and agrees with Piers Morgan's stance, so it is a fair comparison.

I agree with Piers. I don’t believe her claim of being suicidal

I also agree that her behaviour here is contemptible

As is Harry’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Yes you are, no one in the RF came to Meghan defense when that article was written they allowed her name to be slandered by an incident they all knew was false.
    Their silence on the matter was deafening, omitting facts is just as bad as bare faced lying.

The royal family never comment on individual stories. They didn’t comment on many of the stories about how Kate was “waity Katie” or “common.” That is their MO. Like it or not, it is a fairly consistent MO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My last line is what Meghan should have said about the crying claim: She should have simply said it is completely false that I made Kate cry. And left it there.

Ok, fair enough, that's your view. I don't see any issue in setting the record straight, if its true.

• Advertisement

The Royal Family do not engage in petty squabblings with the media..

This hardly needs to be pointed out.

Centuries of history will tell you this..

And of course, they wouldn't lie and pretend it wasn't planned and rehearsed.

OR they didn't lie and it really wasn't rehearsed? You're just making assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

One thing we should all agree on, Harry, Meghan and Piers all got publicity and people talking about them.

A successful mission all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Once trust has been betrayed and broken it can be very difficult to repair

Harry, because he is blood, may have some hope of repair/return

But you absolutely could not allow someone like Markle back...

Has proved herself clearly to be devious and agenda driven.

Completely unsuited to being a member of a royal family..

No style, class or temperament for the role..

"Style class and temperament" are you for real?

Nothing classy about Prince Andrew, nothing classy about the way Diana was treated.

The Royal family are a multi million pound tourist attraction. How anyone can take them seriously is beyond me.

Ok, fair enough, that's your view. I don't see any issue in setting the record straight, if its true.

You don’t see any issue with her goi g the extra yard to “rat” out Kate here?

I would be the exact same if Kate did this..

FFS, show some bloody decorum and loyalty...

• Advertisement

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Which completely contradicts her point in court where she said texts were automatically deleted in 3 months.

I worry in a society where we can condemn somebody guilty of a crime without hearing any of the evidence or other person’s account.

I am actually neutral towards the couple. But I feel the need to challenge people who think that the world is binary, and that Harry and Meghan are always the good guys and victoms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I heard people going on about the Archbishop but I missed that! Will have to google.

Meghan said that they were married 3 days prior to "the wedding"

However I got the impression it was more a personal vow exchange as she said they have "their" vows to each other framed.

They may feel that that was their own private wedding, however probably not legally binding.

Then they had "the" wedding where I presume the traditional vows were said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

OR they didn't lie and it really wasn't rehearsed? You're just making assumptions.

You're making assumptions it wasn't. Rehearsals are common, and it was a perfect performance by all of them.

BettyS wrote: »
    The royal family never comment on individual stories. They didn’t comment on many of the stories about how Kate was “waity Katie” or “common.” That is their MO. Like it or not, it is a fairly consistent MO
    The Royal Family do not engage in petty squabblings with the media..

This hardly needs to be pointed out.

Centuries of history will tell you this..

If they wanted to they could have easily i.e. "a 'source' claims Meghan never made Kate cry etc."
    How do you think the story got in the newspaper in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

How do you know they all knew it was false? You are only hearing one side of the story, remember. Maybe it’s true she made Kate cry? It’s highly likely they both upset each other. I’d wager Kate was very upset that Meghan was insisting her little girl not wear tights or socks while wearing uncomfortable shoes. Why would such a trivial thing even matter? It’s such an insignificant detail to warrant such control over.
    Only one seemed to have the decency to apologise, however.
    In any event, Meghan realistically expect The Palace to be contacting the daily mail on the regular to correct their stories?

You're making assumptions it wasn't. Rehearsals are common, and it was a perfect performance by all of them.

No I'm not, they said as much.

You don’t see any issue with her goi g the extra yard to “rat” out Kate here?

I would be the exact same if Kate did this..

FFS, show some bloody decorum and loyalty...

Not really to be honest.

Where a false story has been told people often want to shout out their innocence.

Its fairly normal I would have thought.

People dont like being blamed in the wrong and would feel very strongly about that. I get that.

joe40 wrote: »

Nothing classy about Prince Andrew, nothing classy about the way Diana was treated.

The Royal family are a multi million pound tourist attraction. How anyone can take them seriously is beyond me.

The claims against Andrew are truly sickening.

However, it is not because somebody is totally wretched, that other things cannot be deemed wrong. Nobody in their sound mind is trying to equate Andrew and Meghan.

Watching a real family disintegrate before our eyes (the royal family) is sad. They are not just a commodity, but also people.

And I am not by any stretch a monarchist! But I can see them as humans, separate from the monarchy. Their pain makes me sad

joe40 wrote: »

Whatever way you want to look at it, the woman was clearly not suited for royalty, as she has clearly proved here..

And instead of getting out, like she has, and shown some ounce of decency and decorum and dignity, she goes running to the worlds media spilling the beans..

Pure trashy behaviour.

And the same for Harry. Both showed contemptible behaviour here.

If they wanted to they could have easily i.e. "a 'source' claims Meghan never made Kate cry etc."
    How do you think the story got in the newspaper in the first place.

And perhaps it was one of the dress-makers that leaked it. You are making assumptions for which you deride others for

• Advertisement

Not really to be honest.

Where a false story has been told people often want to shout out their innocence.

Its fairly normal I would have thought.

People dont like being blamed in the wrong and would feel very strongly about that. I get that.

Fair points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My last line is what Meghan should have said about the crying claim: She should have simply said it is completely false that I made Kate cry. And left it there.

What a ridiculous opinion.

She should have done exactly what she did - set the record straight.

Your position is people should keep the truth hidden and put up with bullying so others can have a smoother path in life - truly Piers couldn't have come up with anything dafter.
    Revealed: How Kate was ‘left in TEARS after Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress fitting' in the run-up to Meghan’s wedding – amid rumours of a rift between the sisters-in-law

Meghan said that they were married 3 days prior to "the wedding"

However I got the impression it was more a personal vow exchange as she said they have "their" vows to each other framed.

They may feel that that was their own private wedding, however probably not legally binding.

Then they had "the" wedding where I presume the traditional vows were said.

You are giving an interpretation. But when it comes to it, it could be easily interpreted as the Archbishop committing a crime. I would be very careful and direct with my language, if I thought that it could be misinterpreted as an allegation against somebody. Why put the Archbishop’s reputation at stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

How do you know they all knew it was false? You are only hearing one side of the story, remember. Maybe it’s true she made Kate cry? It’s highly likely they both upset each other. I’d wager Kate was very upset that Meghan was insisting her little girl not wear tights or socks while wearing uncomfortable shoes. Why would such a trivial thing even matter? It’s such an insignificant detail to warrant such control over.
    In any event, Meghan realistically expect The Palace to be contacting the daily mail on the regular to correct their stories?

You’d think Meghan would be embarrassed to talk about that, it shows her up as a bit of a Bridezilla. Stories starting to emerge now from her staff about being bullied by her.

Multipass wrote: »
    You’d think Meghan would be embarrassed to talk about that, it shows her up as Somewhat of a Bridezilla. Stories starting to emerge now from her staff about being bullied by her.

And these allegation need to have the same burden of evidence that I would expect from any claims by Meghan.

And once we have the evidence, then we can decide on the balance of probabilities what is the more likely scenario

It wasn't Kate's wedding, suck it is buttercup and leave off the sock/tights. How in God's name does anyone even know how comfortable or otherwise the child's shoe's were?
    First it's completely believable that Meghan made Kate cry but as soon as seems like maybe it was the other way around all of a sudden the narrative changes to 'oh well they probably upset each other. Is it not not possible that Kate behaved badly and Meghan deserved the apology?

cnocbui wrote: »
    What a ridiculous opinion.

She should have done exactly what she did - set the record straight.

Your position is people should keep the truth hidden and put up with bullying so others can have a smoother path in life - truly Piers couldn't have come up with anything dafter.

Truth hidden?

By refuting an allegation...

And, if you’re are so concerned about the actual truth, then would you not wait to hear Kate’s version?

You are 100 percent ready to believe the truth provided by Meghan? Without hearing the other side?

But guess what, Kate won’t be doing these trashy dissing interviews..

And instead of getting gout,

Ahhh now here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Whatever way you want to look at it, the woman was clearly not suited for royalty, as she has clearly proved here..

And instead of getting gout, like she has, and shown some ounce of decency and decorum and dignity, she goes running to the worlds media spilling the beans..

Pure trashy behaviour.

And the same for Harry. Both showed contemptible behaviour here.

Are you angling for a knighthood, ridding around on that big white horse, protecting the glorious royal family from the terrible commoner?

Talk about acting the white knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Multipass wrote: »
    You’d think Meghan would be embarrassed to talk about that, it shows her up as a bit of a Bridezilla. Stories starting to emerge now from her staff about being bullied by her.

Well you see she didn’t want to get into what the fight was actually over because it would have shown her in an extremely bad light.

Advertisement