Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

bubblypop wrote: »
    I often hear people in the public view, actors, politicians etc say they never read tabloid stories about themselves, or trashy websites.

I think Meaghan Markle needs to take some of that advise.

Its one of those things really easier said than done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

walshb wrote: »
    Exactly. Life in the Royal Family.

Meghan not suited!

It appears that anybody that values their own independence wouldn't be suited. Unfortunately, the only way to find out how suffocating it is is to experience it from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

anewme wrote: »
    And they could have asked Meghan and Harry to respect that and not comment further while that is ongoing.

She is still free of course to take on Piers Morgan. Bring it on.

But the royal family were unaware of the claims before the interview aired. I do not think that they should have given half a story. I think that they showed have named names if their aim was to draw attention to the racism in the monarchy. Now, we are playing guess the racist in the royal fsmily

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

anewme wrote: »
    And they could have asked Meghan and Harry to respect that and not comment further while that is ongoing.

She is still free of course to take on Piers Morgan. Bring it on.

I get the feeling you don't like Piers Morgan.

He's a pantomime villain, deliberately making shocking statements to keep himself topical.

It appears that anybody that values their own independence wouldn't be suited. Unfortunately, the only way to find out how suffocating it is is to experience it from the inside.

But it is like somebody who hates doing nights and long hours going into medicine and then saying but I never realised how tough it would actually be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Why had Kate every reason to be upset? It wasn't her day, she had her day, it was Meghan's day and if she didn't want her flowergirls wearing socks/tights then that's how it should have been.
    Its been outlined over and over again how when Kate does something its seen as marvellous but when Meghan does the same or similar it will be painted in a bad light.
    And don't even get me started on the bullying allegations, those magically surfacing were the most transparent attempts at deflecting the predictable fallout that was coming from the Oprah interview that it was almost embarrassing.

It wasn’t really her day though was it, or am I wrong and she paid half of the 30 odd million cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He's a pantomime villain, deliberately making shocking statements to keep himself topical.

He's the male equivalent of Katie Hopkins. Goes for the shock value.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

But you are by saying you believe them because they said it at the start.

And you're believing something NO ONE said.

I cannot stand the man. The Iraq thing...

But their is a certain group in England who see him as a panacea to a world where opinions need to be muted or attenuated to the particular day. Those people are probably too stifled to say it to themselves. They identify Piers as their loud buddy in the pub who is an authority on everything

And you're believing something NO ONE said.

It doesn't need to be said to think it happened. Meghan and Oprah know each other and they're neighbours.

It's highly unlikely they agreed to the interview without seeing the questions first. The whole purpose of the interview was to "Tell their side of the story", so it stands to reason they'd want to try to make themselves look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

he didn't simply speak to the media, he sold her out and undermined her at every opportunity and would no doubt continue to do so.
    she reached out and he threw it back in her face, sorry but he deserves what he has got.
    anyone having sympathy for him in all this should save it for someone who actually deserves it, because he certainly doesn't deserve an ounce of it, he brought this all on himself.
    it's up to him to appologise and rebuild the relationship if that is what he wants to do, and he knows what he needs to do to possibly bring that about, all though i wouldn't blame her if at this stage she decided she couldn't be dealing with it.

perhapse someone who is sick to their hole of having stuff printed about them regardless of whether it is even true or not, having things that happened twisted and taken out of context to whip up all sorts by the gutter elements of the british press.
    it is the 2 of them who have had a lucky escape really.

Has she invited him to her wedding?

He's the male equivalent of Katie Hopkins. Goes for the shock value.

Katie Hopkins is in a league of her own. The cockroach comment was a truly sickening and evil, evil thing to say. I think even by Piers’ standards, she went too far

JoChervil wrote: »
    I always apologise for my part of the dispute, if I am in the wrong, of if my reaction upsets someone too much. I could even send flowers but it doesn't make me guilty of the whole incident...

How I took it up was that Meghan was trying to highlight how Kate had apologised etc. to try to show that there was no ill will held between them as opposed to trying to lay blame.

Has she invited him to her wedding?

Did she visit him when he had heart surgery?

Multipass wrote: »
    It wasn’t really her day though was it, or am I wrong and she paid half of the 30 odd million cost?

It wasn't Kates day for sure

It wasn't Kates day for sure

What about Eugenie’s wedding when Meghan announced her pregnancy?

Anewme et al, what do you think of this?

Yes you are, no one in the RF came to Meghan defense when that article was written they allowed her name to be slandered by an incident they all knew was false.
    Their silence on the matter was deafening, omitting facts is just as bad as bare faced lying.

What we know is, that it was an incident between two of them. That Meghan cried per her admission. We don't know what really happened and who started it. Do you know for example if Kate cried as well? So how can you claim it was false?

It doesn't need to be said to think it happened. Meghan and Oprah know each other and they're neighbours.

It's highly unlikely they agreed to the interview without seeing the questions first. The whole purpose of the interview was to "Tell their side of the story", so it stands to reason they'd want to try to make themselves look good.

But all that is is your belief because it suits your perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BettyS wrote: »
    Did she visit him when he had heart surgery?

What surgery?
    Thomas recently appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain, where he said that he had checked into the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, north of the Mexican border.

But the clinic has since said "no such name" had ever checked into the hospital.
    https://news.amomama.com/95411-daily-mail-thomas-markle-falsely-claimed.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Multipass wrote: »

it was both her and harry's day.

it's not harry's fault he was born into a family where certain occasions are funded by the tax payer and where certain protocols apply.
    even though megan joined it it's also not her fault that the set up is the way it is

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

And what about Eugenie’s wedding? How does this fit into your perspective?

The royal family never comment on individual stories. They didn’t comment on many of the stories about how Kate was “waity Katie” or “common.” That is their MO. Like it or not, it is a fairly consistent MO

I agree. And they issued their statement yesterday only because a racial card was played, which they couldn't have ignored. It was a bow to that issue...

So you keep saying.

Do you think it might be possible, even though they went to great trouble to reassure us it wasn't?

What about Eugenie’s wedding when Meghan announced her pregnancy?

Anewme et al, what do you think of this?

What about it? Did she make Eugenie cry? How did Eugenie feel about it??

cnocbui wrote: »

I find it hard to think that an institution, under a Hippocratic oath would divulge information, such as this. It would be a gross breach

What about it? Did she make Eugenie cry? How did Eugenie feel about it??

Imagine somebody announcing their pregnancy at your wedding?

Pretty hurtful, no?

People talk about Kate respecting Meghan’s big day? Does this not apply for Eugenie also?

In a royal biography, it was claimed that Eugenie was deeply hurt and felt that they should have waited until after the nuptials

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why had Kate every reason to be upset? It wasn't her day, she had her day, it was Meghan's day and if she didn't want her flowergirls wearing socks/tights then that's how it should have been.
    Its been outlined over and over again how when Kate does something its seen as marvellous but when Meghan does the same or similar it will be painted in a bad light.
    And don't even get me started on the bullying allegations, those magically surfacing were the most transparent attempts at deflecting the predictable fallout that was coming from the Oprah interview that it was almost embarrassing.

Well aside from it being protocol to wear tights as a royal (which you could get over because whatever about that) but it’s incredibly uncomfortable to wear shoes without socks or tights as support for your feet, that’s how you get blisters. And that’s with regular old shoes that are already worn in, never mind tight fitted brand spanking new shoes. I believe there was also an incident at one of the earlier weddings where one of the great grandchildren tripped going up the stairs and exposed her knickers to the world, I think it could have been Lady Louise? I’m guessing Kate wanted Charlotte in tights to prevent a repeat occurrence. And aside from all of that, it just looked odd with a bare leg and shoe! So those are some reasons why Kate may have taken issue, or even dared suggest that maybe they wear tights. Long winded answer but you did ask. I’m not sure why Meghan was so anal about such a trivial issue. I would have totally left that up to the mothers on that issue and had them go with whatever they were most comfortable with.

So you keep saying.

Do you think it might be possible, even though they went to great trouble to reassure us it wasn't?

I think Meghan probably had alot of what she wanted to say going around in her head for a long time so it perhaps seemed rehearsed to some, that's completely different to her getting sheet of paper with the exact questions on it and her writing and editing her responses .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

it was both her and harry's day.

it's not harry's fault he was born into a family where certain occasions are funded by the tax payer and where certain protocols apply.
    even though megan joined it it's also not her fault that the set up is the way it is

Well for the tune of 30 million you’d think she could put up with protocol regarding children’s tights. What a ridiculous drama queen.

• Advertisement

What we know is, that it was an incident between two of them. That Meghan cried per her admission. We don't know what really happened and who started it. Do you know for example if Kate cried as well? So how can you claim it was false?

I never said Kate did or didn't cry.

Advertisement