Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Why are anewme et al not responding to the Eugenie post?

I really want to hear the counter-argument

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BettyS wrote: »
    Imagine somebody announcing their pregnancy at your wedding?

Pretty hurtful, no?

Seriously? You'd want to be fairly narcissistic to be that bothered about someone announcing their good news, wedding or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

Ok - I haven’t read the previous 100+ posts but am I the only female on this isle who doesn’t give a flying F about the interview. I feel like grouchy Mc crab when I get see another meme/video pop into my inbox, or when someone corners me to ask did I watch it ! No I didn’t and I don’t care that I missed it. So much hype, venom, rumour, smoke and mirrors insinuation and bile has proceeded it that it’s morphed in a complete yawn fest for me. It’s a family squabble, we all have them. Move on people, nothing to see here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Imagine somebody announcing their pregnancy at your wedding?

Pretty hurtful, no?

People talk about Kate respecting Meghan’s big day? Does this not apply for Eugenie also?

In a royal biography, it was claimed that Eugenie was deeply hurt and felt that they should have waited until after the nuptials

Why is Meghan getting the sole blame for that, was Harry not there too, did he not stand up along side her to make the announcement, is Eugenie not HIS cousin?

The whole flowergirl thing is more tool to show how stories can be manipulated to paint someone in a bad light and how people lap things up when it suits what they want to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ah stop FFS!:pac:

We cant be here 24/7.

WTF is the Eugenie post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

because they can't speak on behalf of eugenie?
    because there is nothing they could have done about it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

What about Eugenie’s wedding when Meghan announced her pregnancy?

Anewme et al, what do you think of this?

What is the problem - is it that Meghan tried to upstage Eugenie on her wedding day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

anewme wrote: »
    Ah stop FFS!:pac:

We cant be here 24/7.

WTF is the Eugenie post?

They're trying to make the point that Meghan announced her pregnancy at Eugenies wedding so it's OK if Kate made Meghan cry, completely missing the point of the flowergirl story being highlighted in the first place showing that the papers have form for reporting mistruths about Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I find it hard to think that an institution, under a Hippocratic oath would divulge information, such as this. It would be a gross breach

It's against the oath to reveal medical particulars but it has no bearing on revealing whether someone is or was a ptient on a particular date.

I have rung a hospital to check up on a friend when I heard some news and they had no problem confirming my friend was there and with putting me through to speak to them.
    He told the Sun on Sunday: “I had a heart attack, doesn’t anybody care? I could actually die soon. Does she want this to be the last thing we’ve said to each other?”

During his interview on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, the former lighting director said he was admitted to a medical center north of the Mexican border in Tijuana, where a stent was fitted. But when DailyMail.com reached out to the hospital for confirmation of his May 16th visit, the clinic replied that ‘no such name’ had ever checked into the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Ms2011 wrote: »
    How I took it up was that Meghan was trying to highlight how Kate had apologised etc. to try to show that there was no ill will held between them as opposed to trying to lay blame.

You obviously were never hit with a fist in a silk glow.

• Advertisement

JoChervil wrote: »
    You obviously were never hit with a fist in a silk glow.

Do you mean glove?

If so, sometimes it needs to happen.

it was both her and harry's day.

it's not harry's fault he was born into a family where certain occasions are funded by the tax payer and where certain protocols apply.
    even though megan joined it it's also not her fault that the set up is the way it is

But she said in this interview that "their" day was 3 days beforehand and the broadcasted wedding was just a show for masses, so why she didn't want to follow the dress code?

What about it? Did she make Eugenie cry? How did Eugenie feel about it??

So you don't see, how tactless it is "stealing" someone's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Seriously? You'd want to be fairly narcissistic to be that bothered about someone announcing their good news, wedding or not.

It's not 'the done thing' though, a definite social faux pas....

I never said Kate did or didn't cry.

So if it was a possibility that she did cry, so why that media coverage was false?

Ha! So it is no longer "her" day, because it would be narcissistic then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Andrew Pierce just made the rather amusing point on Sky News Newspaper Review that Meghan may not have found the idea of unveiling plaques in Merthyr Tydfil (some dull Uk town) an appealing prospect, an activity she'd have to do for the rest of her life.

There is no doubt about it that being a Royal, as wealthy as you will be for the rest of you life, comes across as being a really boring existence. Certainly nowhere near as much fun being part of US high society, of which she was already a part of, and Kate wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

But she said in this interview that "their" day was 3 days beforehand and the broadcasted wedding was just a show for masses, so why she didn't want to follow the dress code?

who cares?
    it's gingoistic gibberish.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So you don't see, how tactless it is "stealing" someone's day?

"Stealing" ah here. If a family member or friend told people they were pregnant at your wedding, would you actually be pissed off because you want all the attention instead of being happy for them? Seems likes a handy way to tell people when everyone is together anyway. People really take this wedding craic way too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's a way of drawing attention to yourself when the day is about another couple.

I can't believe people are acting as if it's normal.

• Advertisement

How I took it up was that Meghan was trying to highlight how Kate had apologised etc. to try to show that there was no ill will held between them as opposed to trying to lay blame.

I would need to watch it again to see her body language and eye movements during that piece. It's what stood out for me the most during the interview, her and Kate. I firmly believe there is ill will there and it may be between them both or from one of them.

I can't believe people are acting as if it's normal.

Because expecting that every single second of the day be about you is normal? Each to their own.

Why had Kate every reason to be upset? It wasn't her day, she had her day, it was Meghan's day and if she didn't want her flowergirls wearing socks/tights then that's how it should have been.
    Its been outlined over and over again how when Kate does something its seen as marvellous but when Meghan does the same or similar it will be painted in a bad light.
    And don't even get me started on the bullying allegations, those magically surfacing were the most transparent attempts at deflecting the predictable fallout that was coming from the Oprah interview that it was almost embarrassing.

You need to be a bit reasonable though even when it is "your day". Charlotte is a small child. I can see why Kate would want her to wear tights and at the very least have socks on. Just because a woman is a bride doesn't mean others feelings and considerations go out the window.

lurker2000 wrote: »
    Ok - I haven’t read the previous 100+ posts but am I the only female on this isle who doesn’t give a flying F about the interview. I feel like grouchy Mc crab when I get see another meme/video pop into my inbox, or when someone corners me to ask did I watch it ! No I didn’t and I don’t care that I missed it. So much hype, venom, rumour, smoke and mirrors insinuation and bile has proceeded it that it’s morphed in a complete yawn fest for me. It’s a family squabble, we all have them. Move on people, nothing to see here!

And yet here you are.

Because expecting that every single second of the day be about you is normal? Each to their own.

No, but it's another couple's celebration. Anyone who tries to turn that around to themself is attention seeking.

Of course the bride and groom aren't the focus of everyone's attention for the entire day, but very few would try to make themselves the sole focus of the guests.

No, but it's another couple's celebration. Anyone who tries to turn that around to themself is attention seeking.

Of course the bride and groom aren't the focus of everyone's attention for the entire day, but very few would try to make themselves the sole focus of the guests.

What was it you said to me just today?: you can't expect others to accommodate everyone else's sensibilities.

No one owns the day.

anewme wrote: »
    What was it you said to me just today?: you can't expect others to accommodate everyone else's sensibilities.

No one owns the day.

That's not about accommodating a sensibility, it's being narcissistic and a drama queen.

Next time you're at a wedding stand up and excitedly make an announcement and report back on how it's received.

That's not about accommodating a sensibility, it's being narcissistic and a drama queen.

Next time you're at a wedding stand up and excitedly make an announcement and report back on how it's received.

Meghan and Eugenie are friends. Maybe the telling of her pregnancy was blown out of proportion and it wasn't something she didn't widely share on the day?

Meghan and Eugenie are friends. Maybe the telling of her pregnancy was blown out of proportion and it wasn't something she didn't widely share on the day?

Well people are discussing Eugenie being upset, so that's what I'm responding to.

• Advertisement

Who said it was "announced" this way? It could just as easily have been said quietly at a table and the news filtered to others throughout the day. Mountain out of a molehill.

Advertisement