Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

*insert banging head off wall gif here*

I admire your patience Valoren

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

They hired a PR company. It goes back to my thinking it was a paid for PR stunt. I doubt a paid for PR company like Sunshine Sachs would think it is beneficial to go and publicly announce that they are going to hire a dubious "tech guru" who will give them a report claiming there is a co-ordinated campaign of spreading hate of the Sussexes on Twitter which they can then disseminate to supportive media outlets for the benefit of their paying clients. It is irrelevant if Twitter subsequently investigates it and finds no evidence of such co-ordination as the job would already be done with the victimised story already out there with no need for retraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Great patience. I gave up ages ago. Everything we say is twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So there is absolutely no evidence for the claim.

We will leave it there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

In other news, Meghan's going to resume The Tig, apparently she wants to follow in the footsteps of Gwyneth.

The children have their royal titles; job done. I guess that Harry's usefulness will be on the wane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Well, you would think a real lawyer would not have to crowdfund his legal case against Bouzy! If he thinks his case is so strong, why is he grifting (which isn't going very well actually. He is aiming to raise $150K and in six weeks has only managed to raise $43K). Why don't you help him out. Here is a link https://www.gofundme.com/f/vu2ta-defamation-lawsuit-vs-bot-sentinel?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

You posted an article from the Cut saying "There really is a coordinated online attack...".

Omitted the part where Twitter said no there really isn't a coordinated online attack.

But Twitter is Space Karen so...there really still is a coordinated online attack.

Goop started off as a newsletter in 2008. It is now worth circa a quarter of a billion dollars. Paltrow was already famous and wealthy yet it took 15 years to attain the level of success it is today. Paltrow has been periodically ridiculed for things like weeping at the Oscars, calling her child Apple and making vagina smelling candles. She consciously uncoupled with husband Chris Martin but they retain a friendly and civil relationship. She is also still friends with her exes Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt. She has never played the victim from what I can see despite experiencing mockery and spite, she never burnt her bridges yet even she still had to work for years at Goop to make it a success even with the time and wealth to give it a go. Can Meghan have the delayed gratification to build The Tig to such a level when she is already handicapped with the negative victim playing reputation, when she has burnt bridges with friends and family? Who knows. Maybe Tyler Perry will invest in it as there is obviously a market for these things.

As we know all lawyers are absolutely minted in America. 😄

Bot Sentinel which operates via donations on its website. 😄

Thanks for the link. I only came across this story recently.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Did you even watch the video where he proves himself to be a practicing lawyer in New York. FFS at least do your homework before debating.

Really is embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a poke at Gwyneth or suggest that Meghan is in the same league. I'm just trying to use the news that Meghan's resuscitating the Tig appears, at least to me, that she's starting off on a different track, albeit in a vehicle she's driven before. And that particular journey will not require Harry as a passenger, as she has the children who are Prince and Princess. How many Princes can a person need?

Her track record is that when someone has exhausted their usefulness, they are jettisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

My name is Nate the Lawyer and I am a Lawtuber and Independent journalist working to expose corruption and teach people about their rights

I got all the information I needed from his Grift page, thank you. 👍️

Lawtuber and Independent Journalist. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Bot Sentenial isn't claiming to be a lawyer and will actually need to hire one to defend the case. Does Nate think he is going to lose his case and need the cash to cover Bot Sentenial's costs?

Lets hope Meg's blog does not go down the same route as Goop.

Goop has faced criticism for marketing products and treatments that are harmful, described as "snake oil",[8][9] based on pseudoscience, and lack efficacy. Additionally, California officials from the Consumer Protection Office have sued Goop over accusations of false advertising, asserting that Goop has made unfounded health claims about a variety of products sold on its website; Goop agreed to settle the lawsuit out of court.[10] Class-action lawsuits have been brought against Goop for unsafe products.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goop_(company)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/prince-harry-asked-months-notice-180000620.html

Prince Harry was told to give 28 days notice of his planned trips to the UK so that his security requests could be assessed, it has emerged.

The Duke of Sussex was informed that it would then be a matter for the Home Office to consider whether the requested security arrangements were necessary, following his decision to “step back” from royal duties.

A furious Prince Harry hit back, demanding that the Home Office committee responsible for royal security give him an example of someone with the same threat assessment as him who had received no security after leaving public duty.

He also criticised the arrangements for his family’s visit to Britain in June 2021 for the memorial events for Diana, Princess of Wales, describing them as “patchy, disjointed and inadequate”.

Details of the dispute between the Duke and the Home Office over his future security arrangements were disclosed in legal documents relating to Prince Harry’s libel claim against the Mail on Sunday, which hinges on an allegedly “false claim” concerning his willingness to pay for his own police protection in the UK.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well, it makes sense that it's being revived as a revenue stream and it could be quite successful now with her elevated royal status. I always thought that a lifestyle blog for them would be lucrative, but the difference between her and Goop is that GP doesn't give a hoot about the criticism she gets.

What could prove problematic though is that if they are promoting products it's very hard these days to find truly ethical ones and they could quickly come under fire for promoting something that was made by kids in a third-world sweatshop/ pollutes the local environment / is owned by some dodgy dictator or despot. That is where they'll come unstuck. You see the recent article linking Sarah Ferguson tenuously to a guy who financed child abuse websites. She met with him and spoke about environmental stuff once apparently. But her name is in the headlines because that's what tabloids do. That's the kind of thing that Meghan will have- and magnified - with anything she promotes on her blog. Now, maybe like with her diamond earrings from that dodgy Saudi, she won't care about any human rights issues or environmental back story but then they'll have to ditch the activism gig. Or Harry will, she's not done much of that really to be fair to her.

Interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement

I know, talk about shooting yourself in the foot!🤦‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder what would happen if he was deported? My guess is flying back on his own and begging his father and brother for some kind of role in the RF.

Its bullshit. A quick google would have told them that as long as you a) don't have a drug (criminal) conviction and b) are not currently a drug user, you will get a US Visa. John Lennon would not have gotten to live and die in the US if that was the case and the laws were more strict back then. The right wing, anti-woke brigade getting wound up by the British tab😉.

From what I understand, her blog was fairly successful and she was earning $80K a year from it (and that is when she had a real job!). I suppose she could always look to continue her award winning podcast - $18m for 12 episodes last year and she didn't mention the RF once!

I think she and Harry will manage somehow or other! Harry's book Spare is still topping the bestsellers list, so they must be raking in the cash. I imagine the next step will be that it is made into a movie. I wonder will Meghan play herself?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I agree with you that it's toothless but anti-immigration sentiment though has changed a lot since then and while he's not going to be deported given that he's white, rich and has connections, it's a bit of egg on the face.

Plus it's also yet another bit of hypocrisy from this pampered twat. The drugs trade is responsible for so much death, human misery, exploitation and trafficking. It doesn't really square well with their environmental activism, their human rights activism and feminist ethos that he freely admits his drug use.

So no, he won't get deported. But the potshot is yet another dent in their public image and really the only thing they have of any commercial value.

It looks like a pathetic attempt by far right conservatives to deflect from what is going on in those circles. Nile Gardner was an advisor to Margaret Thatcher and is a Trump supporter. The Conservative Party is twisting itself in knots to detract from Boris Johnson lieing to parliament and Trump is about to be put in handcuffs and all Nile Gardner is worried about is how Harry got his visa when every well known drug abuser from Ossie Osborne to Michael Gove have admitted to being drug users (and Ossie probably still is). And Ossie lives in the US.

Harry isn't responsible for the drugs trade and I haven't heard him or Meghan preach about them or the misery it causes. The way you talk, you make it sound that Harry is a drug dealer and is benefiting personally from the sale of drugs, when in fact he is a victim. Perhaps his father should have helped him a bit more in his formative years so that he knew the dangers of drugs. I hope KCIII doesn't start preaching about drugs when he did absolutely nothing about it. Harry was probably set up by his friend, Camilla Parker Bowels who did have a serious problem with drug abuse!

Camilla had a serious problem with drug abuse?

By the way, Harry is no more a victim than you or I. We all had choices; he chose to go down a particular path. Always the victim, never the instigator.

Think meant her son Tom Parker Bowles. Got stung by the News of the World back in '99 admitting to using Charlie (not the Prince).

A new book coming out!

• Advertisement

No, her son Tom Parker Bowles did (Tom is a very close friend of William and is Charles's godson) was caught on camera offering to supply drugs to someone who set him up for one of the tabloids. It seems that drug use (cocaine etc) was a very normal practice by Tom & William's circle of friends back then! According to the tabloids, Charles was very cross with Tom!

You know nothing about me so I don't know how you can determine whether I'm not a victim of anything.

Advertisement