Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Who said it was "announced" this way? It could just as easily have been said quietly at a table and the news filtered to others throughout the day. Mountain out of a molehill.

Meghan and Harry don't seem like the "announce quietly" type.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Who said it was "announced" this way? It could just as easily have been said quietly at a table and the news filtered to others throughout the day. Mountain out of a molehill.

The press might have already had wind of the pregnancy and were threatening to expose it so maybe they were forced to announce it at that point when the family was all together.
    Who knows.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Meghan and Harry don't seem like the "announce quietly" type.

Why, because they appeared on Oprah? You don't know what type they are

Do you know them personally?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

Yeah I'm not quite sure how that poster has an intimate knowledge of what type of people they are. Perhaps he knows Harry and Meghan personally.

• Advertisement

BensMixed wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not quite sure how that poster has an intimate knowledge of what type of people they are. Perhaps he knows Harry and Meghan personally.

Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think there was speculation she may be pregnant because she chose to wear a coat with the top two buttons done right up and the remaining ones left open, it created a kind of billowing effect around her middle. Anyway it’s kind of a shltty thing to announce at someone’s wedding, discreetly or not. I don’t think Fergie was too happy about it either because when Meghan and Harry finally announced the pregnancy news, Fergie went straight over to twitter and started tweeting a load of pictures from Eugenie’s wedding :pac:
    The drama of it all where would ya get it

Welcome back.

This is my first account here. Mods can check my ip address or email or whatever technology they use. Thank you for the welcome though!

This is my first account here. Mods can check my ip address or email or whatever technology they use. Thank you for the welcome though!

So you know how it works, brand new poster?

So you know how it works, brand new poster?

How what works? You've lost me. I will not be responding to you as I have taken time to read the charters of the forum and will be staying on topic. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Well people are discussing Eugenie being upset, so that's what I'm responding to.

Strange that youd be concerned about Eugenie being upset, but less concerned at men taking cheap pot shots at women in general due to their size or looks calling them pigs etc.

A wedding is just a point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do you know them personally?

Do you? You're the one making the claim about what "type" they are, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Still not the done thing, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

How what works? You've lost me. I will not be responding to you as I have taken time to read the charters of the forum and will be staying on topic. Best of luck.

Cmon dude, you’re trying too hard, nobody actually reads them charters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Still not the done thing, though.

Well, when you've the same people arguing that women need toughen up and not be concerned about being abused because of their weight, looks, size, it reads a bit disingenuous and trivial that someone could be upset over a person apparently hogging their limelight at a wedding.

Well people are discussing Eugenie being upset, so that's what I'm responding to.

I missed that. It's just one of the things that I wonder if there was more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

How was this itw ? Didn't see it but everyone talking about it I need to watch quick !!! :D

anewme wrote: »
    Strange that youd be concerned about Eugenie being upset, but less concerned at men taking cheap pot shots at women in general due to their size or looks calling them pigs etc.

A wedding is just a point in time.
    That comment wasn't personally aimed at a woman, just words on a screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

JoChervil wrote: »
    You obviously were never hit with a fist in a silk glow.

No matter how Meghan tried to explain that story (and to me she tried to paint Kate in as good a light as possible) she was never going to win, as someone said before she can't do right for doing wrong.

JoChervil wrote: »
    So if it was a possibility that she did cry, so why that media coverage was false?

The media coverage was twisted that is the whole point of that story, you cannot believe all you see in print.
    People want to believe so badly that Kate cried too so it takes some of the weight of what happened off the situation when there is no mention that Kate cried at all other than the article which was not truthful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ms2011 wrote: »
    No matter how Meghan tried to explain that story (and to me she tried to paint Kate in as good a light as possible) she was never going to win, as someone said before she can't do right for doing wrong.

The very fact that she did the interview paints her in nothing but a bad light

She only compounded it by whingeing and moaning in said interview and dissing her in laws.

Harry as well..

You need to be a bit reasonable though even when it is "your day". Charlotte is a small child. I can see why Kate would want her to wear tights and at the very least have socks on. Just because a woman is a bride doesn't mean others feelings and considerations go out the window.

Well I suppose its a personality thing then cos if it was my daughter I'd forgo the socks/tights if the bride wished.
    I have a 5 year old daughter and I don't see the issue.

Well I suppose its a personality thing then cos if it was my daughter I'd forgo the socks/tights if the bride wished.

If royal protocol dictates that children wear tights, then she should have been wearing tights.
    There is no argument and it doesn't matter what the bride thinks. That what happens when you marry into the Royal family.

Just on this

I agree....bride's day.....her wishes, within reason granted...but Royal protocol trumps this..

Anyway, who really knows what happened other than Kate and Meghan; and we only have one version to analyse.

bubblypop wrote: »
    If royal protocol dictates that children wear tights, then she should have been wearing tights.
    There is no argument and it doesn't matter what the bride thinks. That what happens when you marry into the Royal family.

Then why was Kate getting involved? It should have been up to whoever enforces 'royal protocol' to have stepped in.
    I'd like to see where its written down that a flowergirl HAS to wear socks/tights, more likely it was used as an excuse to get ones way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

I don't know. I don't think I would allow it to be honest. I'm sure Meghan would feel the same about Archie now. I would look for any solution for my small child's feet not to be uncomfortable and not to get blisters. Ditto for the flower allergy if true- no one could watch their child being miserable because the bride won't compromise. I've been a bride and there's no way I'd put a child through discomfort for something so trivial, you'd want to be a right wagon to do that tbh.

Having said that, if I knew the "rules" on this backed me up then I wouldn't bother saying anything because they would have dictated on the day anyway. Pick your battles!

Then why was Kate getting involved? It should have been up to whoever enforces 'royal protocol' to have stepped in.
    I'd like to see where its written down that a flowergirl HAS to wear socks/tights, more likely it was used as an excuse to get ones way.

It's completely pointless to speculate here.

The RF will not meddle and squabble here....so all we have is Meghan's tale on this.

We cannot know the details on this.

A grown woman is alleged to have cried because another grown woman upset her...

This is the crux of it.....as pathetically desperate as it sounds...

And one grown woman decided to go and tell the world her version about this, to clear the air.

So you think that Kate should have just not told her about royal protocol?
    How does anyone learn anything if no-one tells them?
    Harry had to tell her to curstey to the queen when she met her, who do you think should tell her?
    I'm not sure why you just presume it's a lie? Royal protocol dictates a lot of things that may seem ridiculous to ordinary non royals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

bubblypop wrote: »
    Royal protocol dictates a lot of things that may seem ridiculous to ordinary non royals

It doesn't just seem ridiculous. Imagine "having" to curtsey to someone :P

• Advertisement

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I don't know. I don't think I would allow it to be honest. I'm sure Meghan would feel the same about Archie now. I would look for any solution for my small child's feet not to be uncomfortable and not to get blisters. Ditto for the flower allergy if true- no one could watch their child being miserable because the bride won't compromise. I've been a bride and there's no way I'd put a child through discomfort for something so trivial, you'd want to be a right wagon to do that tbh.

Having said that, if I knew the "rules" on this backed me up then I wouldn't bother saying anything because they would have dictated on the day anyway. Pick your battles!

But I don't know how anyone knows how uncomfortable or otherwise the shoes wear.
    If they were those little ballet types they'd be perfectly fine for however long it took to walk up the aisle, tights/socks could then be put on for the reception if it were that big a deal.

Advertisement