Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

This is trending on Twitter and it seems to suggest that Charles leaked the letter and that's why William and Kate got a photo with Alison Hammond, who allegedly got a last minute invite.

I don't think any of this should be taken as gospel, that either Meghan or Charles leaked the letter or the supposed photo op. Hell, who knows if there was actually a letter. Pfft, these sources might not even exist either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

There is no chance that Meghan leaked a letter to the Telegraph. Why would she leak it now and not in the Netflix series or Harry mention it when doing book interviews and actually talking about the ''unconsious bias''. Also, why is Meghan's letter leaked and not Charles return letter.

This is just Charles throwing William under a bus as being the person who had expressed ''concern'' about the colour of the child (and clearing his own name as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

In secret and now in fear for her life. Great example!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Lovely picture of the late Queen and some of her grandchildren and great grandchildren, taken by the now Princess of Wales around August last year. (She's a very competent photographer, btw)

From marie claire

On Friday morning, to mark what would have been Queen Elizabeth II's 97th birthday, Buckingham Palace released a brand-new photo of the Queen surrounded by nine of her grandchildren. The photograph was taken last summer by Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, not long before the former Queen's death last September.

Writing on their social media pages, the Prince and Princess of Wales wrote: "Today would have been Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth’s 97th birthday. This photograph—showing her with some of her grandchildren and great grandchildren—was taken at Balmoral last summer."

Pictured in the photo are James, the Earl of Wessex, Lady Louise, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Mia, Lena and Lucas Tindall, and Savannah and Isla Phillips. Absent from the photo are Lilibet and Archie, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's two children, who were living in California with their parents last summer.

The gnashing of teeth in Montecito is audible from here. Brace for a backlash

She had a two year affair with a married British man. She is divorced now and has custody of their children. I think her fear is that the children will be kidnapped by their father and brought back to the UAE.

The issue that was brought up was that the British Royal Family would not be happy with Diana dating/marrying a person of colour because she was mother of a future king.

• Advertisement

Back down the rabbit hole we go. The RF couldn't have given a flying fig who Diana dated, slept with, hooked up with or married.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Her residency would be based on a fear for her safety.

It’s not necessarily race related though most royals marry other foreign royals or someone from their country. It’s the same for Harry, he has a lot of wealth from his family/position so they expected him to marry someone British.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You think she leaked the letter to the Torygraph?

😆

I think some of their subjects to. Quote from Potatoeman which I was responding to. Note my response.

Potatoeman: If your son is going to be the future King of England and the head of the English Church maybe don’t be dating a Muslim playboy who’s father is fighting with the government for a passport also being royalty doesn’t mean you don’t have to wear a seatbelt. It seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder and didn’t care how the embarrassment impacted her sons dumped in boarding school.

My response.

JM08: Seriously, what are you going on about? As far as I know Catholics are the only ones who are prohibited from marrying into the Royal Family. Muslims are fine. They even get on with all the Christian churches and are usually present at all State ceremonies. There are a couple of million Muslims living in England. Is this racism or bigotry you think is fine?

I wonder did anyone wonder how tampongate would have upset both Charles & Camilla's children. They all seem to have gotten over it from what I see now.

Maybe you should have a word with Potatoeman!

Let’s call it is at is , he’s no more a drug user than anyone else

• Advertisement

She has diplomatic status from the Kingdom of Jordan! (I linked the article above). Looks like her brother, the King is looking after his sister.

I don't think the drugs are the problem with the Royal Family bearing in mind that Camilla's son, Tom Parker Bowles (who is a close friend of Prince William) was caught for supplying drugs!

In the sting, which took place in 1999, Mr Parker Bowles was secretly filmed offering to buy cocaine for the woman, who was used by the tabloid because she knew Mr Parker Bowles at the time. 

He also admitted using cocaine himself with 'someone he found last night' while working in France. 

Mr Parker Bowles, who was 24 at the time and working as a publicist, was caught in the sting while at the Cannes Film Festival and the incident was splashed over five pages of the News of the World. 

In contemporary reports, Parker Bowles was described as 'contrite' while it was said Prince Charles, who was then a patron of the drugs charity Phoenix House, was 'fairly cross' with the 24-year-old and scolded him for having been caught up in the sting. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10224407/Ghislaine-Maxwells-accuser-paid-set-Tom-Parker-Bowles-1999-cocaine-sting.html

I don't think so. When they divorced, Diana was no longer a member of the royal family, so it didn't matter who she hooked up with

There is every chance. She's gaslighting (as ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Why wouldn't she leak it now? Probably in an effort to get take the sheen off the coronation? I wouldn't be surprised if Charles' letter is leaked shortly before the Coronation. She deserves to be ignored.

I think you should be having this discussion with Potatoeman, not me.😀

There is no chance that Meghan would leak anything to any British paper. It would be completely stupid to do so because H&M are sueing most of them and it would harm their various cases if they were to actually leak anything to them. If it was some US publication, maybe, but not any of the British ones.

Its not taking a sheen off Charles' coronation unless you believe that that the British people would prefer if he was the one who expressed ''concern'' about the colour of the child. Do the British people want a racist king?

Nothing for Meghan to gain from this leak.

Meghan didn't leak it. One of her acolytes or sugars would've done. We really are in the realms of fantasy; Alice in Wonderland stuff. In fact, I think M is more like the Cheshire Cat (with that claw like grip, eh?) in that she seems to say, "I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different than yours." Good luck with the continued trenchant defence of the indefensible.

Of course, recollections may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

The Telegraph was the paper that Harry gave the interview about Spare to, I think it was the only British newspaper that he did an interview with for the release of the book. The Telegraph is also mentioned on their website as one of the publications they've collaborated with.

If this was leaked to a Murdoch publication I wouldn't be as sure she had something to do with it but I 100% believe she leaked this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

What I'm curious about is did she ever talk to the actual person who is supposed to have said the remark that got the whole royal family smeared as racists. If you don't think it was malicious and was just an example of unconcious bias, then why not have a talk with the person who supposedly said it if you want to make real change and have someone think about what they say in the future. I thought she was all about kindness and character being super important

If you don't actually want change and just want to gripe then sure go on Oprah and tell the world and then go to (presumably that persons future boss) your Father in law and try to get him to castigate the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Typical Sussex fumble. Leak a story in the lead up to the Coronation where the subject matter and talking points are supposed to be the bullying, the racism and the unconscious bias but the story becomes about them leaking the story and the reaction is highlighting their hypocrisy. They really can't win whatever game they think they're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

The comment about the babys skin tone, eyes and hair is a pretty normal question, is it not?

My cousin, who is irish has dark skin and brown eyes. Her husband pale with blue eyes. When she was pregnant, everyone in the family said to her, her parents (and to each other when she wasnt present) 'wonder if the baby will have dark skin & brown eyes). At no time was anyone offended.

Another relative is has straight blonde hair. Her husband has dark curly wiry hair. Everyone said to her face and her family, that they hoped baby would inherit her hair, or asked 'wonder if the baby will have curly hair like the dad' ... again, it was a natural question. No one was offending him or his hair, but honestly, you wouldnt wish his hair on anyone !

When my friends and siblings were pregnant, we discussed what the babies might look like, or feature/colouring they would inherit. Its normal pregnancy discussion, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Chris rock had a bit in his latest show about how all black people discuss how dark or light the baby might be and it's not racist in his view

Did he saying anything about a long lineage of exclusively white people discussing it?

It was quiet obviously Charles or his press office that leaked it.

The speculation was it was him that was "concerned" about the skin colour.

Now he is off the hook over it.

The man has been doing this for decades, it's not unique or new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The fact that this came out on the queen's birthday tells me that Meghan and Harry did this. They have a habit of releasing stuff like this on the occasions of other royal family members. It's really quite petty. Why would Charles want to dredge up stuff from years ago in the lead up to his big coronation? This is just them trying to make the coronation about themselves as usual. I'm sure we'll be treated to other "leaks" in the lead up and on the day itself

Advertisement