Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No she gets to mouth off at paps without any "official accounts". Strange that.

Strange that she clearly didn't lie about what happened to her, didn't sizzle it up as "near catastrophic" etc?

Victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,136 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

2 cops nearly being ran over would probably be described as near catastrophic, no?

Unless cops were "nearly being ran over" in the Scarjo case the selective outrage is comical.

Law enforcement sources pushed back against any characterization of the incident as “near catastrophic” but conceded that the incident was “a bit chaotic.”

Per NBC. Why would the NYPD refuse to report on assaults/reckless endangerments of a police officer, as you have alleged. No citations or arrests were made?

I was followed by five cars full of men with blacked out windows who were running red lights and putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk so they could follow me to find out where I was staying and subsequently stalk me and my young daughter for the duration of my stay," she explained. "The paparazzi put people's live at risk, so they can wait for days in quiet neighborhoods in blacked out cars, and try to follow me to the playground and photograph my child and other people’s children in a safe place that should be off limits, but isn’t. All of this is perfectly legal."

I don't think she told the story in a comical tone.

As I said, no alleged nearly being run over of cops. "All of this is perfectly legal."

Can we stop with the selective outrage theater now. The two cases clearly are not interrelated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I must say "Yeah, but Scarlet Johansson" is a nice break from "Yeah, but Andrew".

Where did I say they were interrelated?

Nothing selective about my opinion, the paps who participate in this type of tactic are vile dangerous scum whoever they are chasing.

I think most reasonable people would agree with that.

If they aren’t related then you agree it has no business in here. Of course it was selected. You went trawling for and selected an old example to try on a whataboutism and it didn’t work out how you wanted.

An example of how the paps act has no place in a discussion about how the paps act?

You sure?

“Where did I say they were interrelated?”

pick a lane

i already mentioned Mark Hamills injury by the paparazzi though on your latter point so I don’t know why the insistence to make the same point again.

• Advertisement

I'll give you a hint. The common denominator in both is how the paps act.

We both agree they are vile scum, right?

"vile scum" such emotional argument.

I'll give you a hint, read my earlier posts about this.

We know the paparazzi are a shower of planks but that doesn't make any new allegation automatically true.

Same reply in bold for your clap above.

So the paps get the benefit of the doubt in this instance? 😂

Did you not put up a link that claimed they were smashing into parked cars they were driving so frenzied?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,637 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The View is well know to have celebrations of Prince Andrew and I know for a fact Whoopi has a full back tattoo of King Charles. Thats why Whoopi is racially attacking Meghan.

Or the actual reality that Meg and Harry are about as credible in America as they are this side of the Atlantic. They are utter desperate attention seekers.

So the paps get the benefit of the doubt in this instance? 

They, like all persons, get the presumption of innocence until guilt is affirmed.

Just like everyone jumped to take seriously a royal couple alerting through their spokespersons that they were in a 'near catastrophic' car chase on tuesday night.

Just like people took seriously the taxi driver when in his own words, the ride was safe and nobody was ever in any danger. Law enforcement disagreed it was "near catastrophic" they described it as "a bit chaotic" which could apply to any paparazzi event, innocuous or uncivil.

Charlamagne tha God's bldg security apparently told him and others that they witnessed the paparazzi 'smashing into cars' that is true. You have chosen to take that seriously as well I see.

Even the ladies of The View apparently see, like the Washington Post saw in their reporting, that the couple and the spokespeople were attempting to hamfist parallels to the tragic death of Princess Diana, which happens to directly intersect with their self-promotion of a Netflix documentary going over the same. I certainly believe they were shaken etc. as their bodyguards etc. have alleged and the taxi driver even commented on, it just happens to coincide with his agenda in the documentary of directly calling for the incrimination of the paparazzi in the Princess of Wales' death in the 90s. Clearly, there is evidence to support suggesting that if anyone is not getting the benefit of the doubt it is paparazzi by the royal couple. The media quickly and widely reshared the couples telling of events with little question and upon the presumption of their innocence here too yes, only later did follow up reporting quickly unfurl there were very incongruent accounts of what happened. There were suddenly questions over a lack of citations or arrests or incident reports, for something apparently so serious and headline-grabbing.

The most generous take is that they aren't so much "lying" as they have a heightened sense of paranoia over dangers the paparazzi represent to them, as told in their own words, and they really see this spat as a traumatic experience, because that's how they've approached this their whole life:

The prince said he wanted to see the images as “proof” his mother was “in the car” on Aug. 31, 1997, “proof she was injured,” and “proof that the very paparazzi that chased her into the tunnel were the very ones taking photographs of her lying half dead.”

“The last thing Mummy saw was a flash bulb,” Harry writes in “Spare.”

Harry wrote that he thought seeing the tunnel would bring closure, but instead it brought him more pain. He wonders aloud if his mother’s driver was “blinded” while being chased by paparazzi. “Why were those paps not more roundly blamed? Why were they not in jail? Who sent them? And why were they not in jail?,” he asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Lol.

Unless they release footage proving their version of events then they've messed up big time here. Wonder what the next move will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,637 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah they have their devout fans who will lap up anything they say or do. Harry could kick a puppy in public and their die hard fans will accuse the pup of attacking Harrys innocent foot that had once been savagely attacked when Will farted at him in the palace as kids.

#Spare2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Awe- beautiful - where can I get a framed copy??? 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

OJ Simpson had a two hour slow police chase, with dozens of helicopters police cars and what not in pursuit - how da fuk could you have a two hour chase in New York City without several tv helicopters and dozens of police cars out in force??

Because IT NEVER HAPPENED- that’s why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Do you think its ok for the press to hound people like this?

I posted what the Vanity Fair journalist said about this. A photo of them would put 3 or 4 kids through college - so in the States that would be about 500K.

The Mail and Express have been caught out in this escapade. The photos of H&M in the yellow taxi, taken at the police station were published only by the Mail and Express, but taken down as soon as their were statements of where these photos were taken. A lot of posters on here were questioning why they got into a yellow taxi. There were two paps left at the police station and they were working for the Mail & Express.

By the way, some posters on here were commenting that H&M left the event in a yellow taxi. Where did you get that info from? The Mail or the Express as they are the only two to have published those photos (and which have been taken down now).

Hound is subjective. If someone feels like they are being chased are they actually being chased?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

And that chase happened at a time when you needed a camera crew to get footage. Whereas H&Ms was in a city of millions where the vast majority of people including themselves, carry pocket sized devices capable of broadcast quality recording!

Yet, the videos circulating are all quite at odds with their spox description of what happened.

The mic drop from BackGrids lawyer is glorious.

"As I'm sure you know, property belongs to the owner of it: Third parties cannot just demand it be given to them, as perhaps Kings can do. Perhaps you should sit down with your client and advise them that his English rules of royal prerogative to demand that the citizenry hand over their property to the Crown were rejected by this country long ago. We stand by our founding fathers."

We hereby demand that Backgrid immediately provide us with copies of all photos, videos, and/or films taken last night by the freelance photographers after the couple left their event and over the next several hours.”

That is very peculiar, given how

"While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone's safety," the statement said.

"Dissemination of these images, given the ways in which they were obtained, encourages a highly intrusive practice that is dangerous to all involved."

On Tuesday, when this all occurred. Now suddenly they hereby demand the photos be copied immediately and shared.

She may not like it but they could easily respond by sharing with her a copy of the images, as well as to everybody else who reads their circulation in friday's gossips. 'Here's your copy,' friday's edition. As requested.

If you have a blue tick on Twitter you can now load two hours of video. Harry and Meghan should sign up and load their footage of this near catastrophic chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Given that Meghan has allegedly called backgrid photographers in the past to take her picture, it will be interesting to see how this develops. They even hinted in their previous statement that they had been informed of their post award show dinner plans and further photo ops by someone in the know. If they wanted to they could drop her in it for that and make her look a total hypocrite, but that would probably scare off some of their other d list clients who call them up. Maybe best not to poke the bear though.

Also, "we hereby demand" followed by a load of crap with absolutely no legal basis? What a couple of spoilt brats

Advertisement