Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭200mg

Ah it was fun to watch though Japanese biker gangs up on the path mowing people down. Cars driving recklessly oh wait that was Harrys cars. Especially enjoyed the 2 hour chase where in the city 2-3 mins tops before cop cars would arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No, no, no. He didn't go there with just feelings and suspicions, he went there with HIS truth. Come on, keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

"Only Charles and William knew where they were staying"

No, wrong again.

Here is a subset of the list of people who knew where H&M were in Canada:

1. Harry
    2. Meghan (IMO she tipped off the paps to expidite Harry's willingness to move to LA which is what she wanted all along)
    3. Doria
    4. Doria's circle of people
    5. David Foster
    6. Katherine McPhee
    7. Staff at David and Katherine's house who overheard them arranging for the owner to rent the house to H&M
    8. H&Ms driver
    9. Their security team
    10. The housekeeper
    11. The cleaning staff
    12. The deliveroo people or whomever dropped off their shopping
    13. The family of all of those staff mentioned above

Considering that sites like TMZ pay for info like this anyone above could have phoned them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Probably mentioned already HIGNFY team ripped Harry a new one with regards the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What a load of nonsense you have produced there? It is highly likely that people knew they were in Canada, but not know where they were exactly. As I mentioned before, police forces all over the world were looking for Ghislaine Maxwell and it took them months to actually track her down outside New York. Do you really think Doria was going to even talk to the newspapers? And if you really believe Meghan tipped them off, how has it not come out in any of the numerous court cases about privacy that they (H&M) were giving information to the tabloids. Seriously, just think a bit.

How come they were there for a while and no one knew where they were until their security was pulled and suddenly the paps knew where they were? The house was remote, so there is every chance that no one knew where they were. They had security until it was pulled who could have done shopping for them. And no, I don't think their security would have told the media where they were. They would never work as security again if they pulled that stunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

It isn't nonsense though.

Remember when they moved to Tyler Perrys house? Who knew they moved there? Tyler, Oprah, Harry, Doria and Meghan. Five people. On a huge private property. According to their series on Netflix Perry bemoans that they were assaulted by media choppers and drones overhead. Then there were people trying to get on to the property, cameras needing installing on the perimeter. How do you think the press discovered where they were? A lucky guess on their part or a leak the press acted on?

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Lol of course! He should take HIS truth and get in the sea.

If he loses the court case Im thinking two years tops before Meghan moves onto her next mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Hi! Like @superflyninja ninja I've been MIA for a while; it's good to be back.

Having missed H in court (TG!) I did chuckle when I saw a few posts about how their privacy was "invaded" - here's part of @valoren's reply to the Tyler Perry mansion one

Remember when they moved to Tyler Perrys house? Who knew they moved there? Tyler, Oprah, Harry, Doria and Meghan. Five people. On a huge private property. According to their series on Netflix Perry bemoans that they were assaulted by media choppers and drones overhead. Then there were people trying to get on to the property, cameras needing installing on the perimeter. How do you think the press discovered where they were? A lucky guess on their part or a leak the press acted on?

It seems that Tom Sykes (as discussed by Tom Bowers recently) has discovered that MM rang the drone operators/paps and told them where she was. It's privacy, Jim, but not as we know it...

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It seems that Tom Sykes (as discussed by Tom Bowers recently) has discovered that MM rang the drone operators/paps and told them where she was. It's privacy, Jim, but not as we know it...

Harry in a few more years....

She really is attempting to emulate Diana in every way, isn't she? Diana lost her life playing cat and mouse with the paps, but tbh, it's been proven now that the paparazzi just aren't interested in chasing Meghan. It wouldn't surprise me if it transpires that the NY paparazzi that were in the catastrophic chase were hired by an agency for her.

But she's not ditching Harry any time soon - especially if she's hell bent on becoming Diana 2.0 (seatbelts edition!) she needs him. Without him she's just well... Fergie.

I think Harry said in the doc that they moved to Perrys property and had six weeks with total privacy and people, beyond a handful of people, not knowing where they were. He, understandably, thought it was bliss. This was early stages of Covid and the world was more preoccupied with that than the travails of a post-megxit Meghan and Harry who were not exactly slumming it in a billionaires digs. To be fair then it could easily have been some staff talking about this on their own time with friends/family with it all getting out naturally via word of mouth e.g. “Did you know Prince Harry and Meghan are living in Tyler Perrys house now?”. Cue the media flying overhead to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Spot on:

Prince Harry’s relentless invasion of his own privacy ended up in London’s High Court this week with global media attention, more front-page headlines, and yet more personal information plastered across the very newspapers he despises.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What absolutely nonsensical nonsense 😂

Seriously for someone who is supposed to crave attention so much have we seen her out in public 3 times in the past year?

Reality as per usual doesn't match the conspiracy.

Harry wasn’t concerned about Chelsy, he felt it was perfectly ok to invade her life - 12 years after she called it day. It’s the hypocritical double standards I don’t like.

As Boris is finding out, it can take a while before the truth comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yep- I’m sure this story will be “spun”- such like “Since signing the previous deal, Meaghan wishes to steer her career in a different direction” 😀

Being spun already.

Mutual decision/Harry and Meghan ended the partnership (Variety)/Still making content for other platforms/Sure didn't the Obamas moved to Audible from Spotify?....

You're right, she doesn't get out much. 🙄😂

Reality of the last year:

17 May 2023 - Pictured at the Women of Vision Award Ceremony

15 May 2023 - Pictured at the Mental Health Awareness week kick of at a youth centre with Harry

13 May 2023 - Pictured going for lunch with Harry in California

07 May 2023 - Pictured out on a hike the same weekend as the coronation

24 April 2023 - Pictured at the Laker Play Off Game with Harry

08 March 2023 - Pictured leaving restaurant after a lunch on International Women's Day

28 February 2023 - Pictured going on a date with Harry

06 December 2022 - Pictured with Harry at the Ripples of Hope Awards

07 November 2022 - Pictured at restaurant on date with Harry

21 October 2022 - Pictured out shopping in California

18 October 2022 - Pictured at the Women @ Spotify Event

06 September 2022 - Pictured in Germany for the One Year To Go event with Harry

05 September 2022 - Pictured at the One Young World Summit with Harry

18/19 July 2022 - Pictured in New York with feminist Gloria Steinem and attending the Nelson Mandela awards

Leaving the slagging aside for a minute, I was genuinely scratching my head when Meaghan signed up to that deal, asking what exactly does she have to offer that people would be interested in hearing?

Fine if she wants to do podcasts from home for any of her “fans” but when you’re getting paid the vast sums she was allegedly getting, you really need to have crowd pulling talent.

I did predict though in this thread that once Harry did the dirt with his book, that such companies would lose interest and would ditch them. I think Meaghan will “have” to write a tell all book if she wants to get the vast sums that were quoted a few years ago from the previous deals-

• Advertisement

Agreed. I think the metrics bore that out as well. There was skepticism (from me as well) initially that Spotify were perhaps manipulating the views so that they could advertise Archetypes to attract listenership. That was a grey area and since it was their property that couldn’t be proven. I remember saying that regardless of that since it was this big hit number one Rogan-bothering podcast then Spotify would consolidate their investment in H&M and sign them for more content. Another would be a consistent level of hits. I think once it became clear that there would be no tea spilling then it dropped off a cliff. Admittedly that is what their currency is and they are at scrapping the bottom of that barrel levels now. There was a chasm between the waiting time and the actual subjective quality of the product itself. A good indicator of something being an actual hit is when the producers get orders for more e.g. a sitcom in its first season becoming a hit and getting a demand for a 24 episode season. Spotify never made it clear that they were sticking with it. I think after 2 years of waiting what was delivered was what it was but certainly not warranting of multi-million investment. Going forward such investment probably lies in trying to lure other podcasters with a built up following as it stands. Even getting such a deal initially was borne of out who they were and not their actual talents. Harry, in his bubble of privilege, bemoaned to Oprah that he had to go sign these deals. Like this is something you do easily. The reality is that it is a cut throat business and if you don’t deliver or if what you deliver gets rejected then, quite simply, out you go. What is telling here is that it isn't Archetypes that is gone but it is their actual deal with Spotify.

Impressive list. Did you collate that? 😳

So she was pictured working, hiking, shopping and attending a few awards.

So apart from the awards normal enough behaviour for literally everyone?

Leaving the slagging aside for a minute, I was genuinely scratching my head when Meaghan signed up to that deal, asking what exactly does she have to offer that people would be interested in hearing?

You could say the exact same thing about Joe Rogan TBF.

Or in Irish terms Vogue Williams.

Yeah, it's really normal behaviour for everyone to be in the VIP box at a Lakers play off game or go to the Duchess restaurant in California.

You asked the question has she been seen in public more than 3 times in the last year.

The answer is yes, a lot!

Just because you don't like the reality of the answer and it dismisses your conspiracy theory argument isn't my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not really. Joe rogan is the most popular podcast on Spotify and averages 11 million listeners an episode. It's clear that people are very interested in what he has to offer, or namely they are interested in hearing what his variety of guests have to say. I don't think he's comparable to Harry and Meghan at all. Or vogue Williams

Doubt VW got the sort of money dangled in front of her that is claimed Meaghan did

Yet she still has managed to produce over 100 "My therapist ghosted me" podcasts since 2021 without 20+ producers or a $20 million deal to provoke even creating 12 of them (the total amount for Archetypes). I think those at Spotify who negotiated that deal with Harry & Meghan are gone as well recently. No wonder if so.

So Spotify bites the dust, Harry's tell-all 'frostbitten todger and squabble with his brother' story is published, the Oprah interview and high speed car chase are laughing stocks - where do they go from here? Is there another Netflix special?

Oh, wasn't there a deal with Apple too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can't see why they would get another round of shows online or on streaming services, because in general people seem to have moved on from their shyte and have no more interest in listening to the pair of poor mouths and how everyone was out to sabotage them.

I don't know if it was mentioned here in recent days, but a right wing US think tank called The Heritage Foundation are chasing US government records on Harry's immigration status, given his admittance to past drug use etc.

One thing is for sure, the self-induced persecution of their privacy, their motives and their conduct is far from over. And not in a way that they can make money off any longer.....

Advertisement